Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hellfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Does anybody know how often CPR checks their email? I sent them an email a week ago inquiring about a playfield and have not heard anything back. Does it usually take this long?

#2 10 years ago

There is a post I read where this was explained. I think if you recieved the autoreply, your on the list. Most other info is on there website.

#3 10 years ago

I wrote them about three weeks ago and never got a reply. If you read the section of their website about inquiries, you see that they don't want to be asked about upcoming projects, timetables, etc. I understand the desire to limit email traffic (especially when they cannot give direct answers), but it is frustrating not to be able to talk to a manufacturer about their plans when the answer has a direct effect on what you buy, as it did in my case. I am very grateful that they are doing what they're doing, and I hope to buy at least three things from them in the near future, but I do wish they were better at communicating with the outside world.

#4 10 years ago

Been waiting 1.5 years for a diner play field which is being worked on hardly
    The guy spends little time on it

#5 10 years ago

My fear is with all the negativity towards them they will just walk away from all this. They have explained so many times that it's a part time thing for them. They all have real jobs to pay the bills. The speed of projects depends on outside artists to get the work done. I have 3 of their playfields and am on waiting lists for 3 more.
    They have told us how and why so many times. It's the way they choose to do business. Like it or leave it but don't drive them away and ruin it for those of us that want their products.

#6 10 years ago

I dont think people voiceing their pinball related concerns/problems on a pinball forum is necassarily negativity towards them? More like constructive critisism. I can't say I wasn't annoyed when I tried contacting them the first time 3 years ago and never got a response. Its the whole ingnorance is bliss routine. Once I actually took the time to read all the information on their website, all my questions were answered. Im sure they get alot of time wasteing questions.

#7 10 years ago

He posted here yesterday guys. He goes by CPR go figure Try a pm if you have a question. I know these guys, trust me they do care.

#8 10 years ago

I try to answer as many legit questions as I can on the forums and the emails I receive, however, Kevin just does Not have the time to answer the 350+ emails he receives Daily regarding products. if he did we would Never get products done or released. Almost any question is answered on the web site. CPR has an outstanding reputation in being the best at what we do. If your looking for time-frames > when it's done it will be available for purchase on the site, if your waiting for an email notification regarding a Playfield > Relax - if your on the pre-order you will most likely be notified.

When you hear about a new car coming out you dont contact Ford/GM ect bugging them for answers...you wait, patiently....and when it's available you buy it.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I don't see a "sound-off on a public forum" as constructive critisism.

#9 10 years ago

I don't think anyone is being mean spirited. I for one never dreamed Kevin got as many as 350 emails a day, nor did I know that this is a part-time business. I know from my own experience that there are times when additional information would be helpful to potential buyers, but I have adjusted to your approach. I do greatly appreciate the fact that CPR is making reproduction playfields, backglasses and plastics. Thanks.

#10 10 years ago

Craig,
    We (everyone at CPR) do appreciate your support. We currently have over 65 Different Projects in the que currently being worked on....As the Art Director I follow the progress of every art project on a monthly basis and I keep a running Spreadsheet of all of the Artists and their projects/progress. This is something that Kevin was never able to do because of all the time it takes with follow-ups to 28 different artists. This is just one of the ways I have contributed to helping Kevin be more productive in the Production process.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks. Keep up the good work, and I'll try not to bug you unless it appears absolutely necessary!

#12 10 years ago

I promise you Kevin is doing the best he can. What he really needs is a full time person to manage his email account. He could certainly do that and increase the prices on all of his products to pay the new employee. He has chosen to forgo that in order to keep his products priced low so that more people can enjoy his work. Both Kevin and Mike are doing this for the love of the hobby but neither one of them want to lose money over the deal. Stu has graciously stepped in to provide us information on Pinside. This is not in his job description. He does it cause he loves pinball.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I did not intend for this to be critical, I have read most of what i could find about CPR on these forums and RGP and understand that they are busy. I really enjoy just seeing the newest products they come out with. This is my first time trying to contact them and i simply have no idea when to expect a response.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from EAZ:

Thanks for the replies. I did not intend for this to be critical, I have read most of what i could find about CPR on these forums and RGP and understand that they are busy. I really enjoy just seeing the newest products they come out with. This is my first time trying to contact them and i simply have no idea when to expect a response.

"never" looks to be your answer.....

4 months later
    #15 10 years ago

I sent an email to CPR and Kevin replied very quickly, less than 12hrs.

#16 10 years ago

I have also typicly gotten responses from kevin sometimes not the same but usualy always a reply .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-email and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.