pasted_image (resized).png
ink layering.jpg
insert2.jpg
insert1.jpg
P1020794 (resized).JPG
P1020800 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Why? They don't care about customer service anymore! They just figure it's easier to convince people to accept an inferior product rather than produce a quality product. If your not happy with it they'll just label you as picky and someone that expects to much for what they charge. After all they do this from the goodness of their heart not because they make any money doing it.

that is hogwash.

CPR consistently delivers some of the best reproductions in the market and they have been doing so for long before others.

The reality is that some people piss and moan about a slightly off center keyline on the back of the pf under a ramp and demand a refund or to be shipped a new one. Sure a few are gonna make it through the QC process with an actual blem that takes it down a notch or 2, but the MAJORITY of even their bronze stuff is super nice and 10x better than the other crap out there that you likely have in your game to begin with. The most recent complaint I saw from someone was that there were fingerprints and some clearcoat on the back of their playfield!!!! seriously, the back of the playfields that is going to be coevered by mechs and wires had some overspray and hand smudge from handling...

I suggest anyone complaining go take a look at actual NOS playfields and old preserved gems with a better eye for reality.

No silkscreened anything with 13, 15, sometimes 17 layers is going to be 100% perfect, but the majority turn out really damn nice.

Anyone that wants perfect (like I do) needs to plan on any new pf being sent out to a pro for finishing touches and new clear. If you want to take nice to perfect then it is going to cost more. Same goes for NOS or preserved originals. You want perfect then you are going to need a hand done job and be willing to pay an artist (not a manufacturer) to create perfect from what CPR has provided.

#41 5 years ago

now that is customer service! Not only does he respond but takes the time to educate along the way and even points out that he is willing for the owner of the pf to abort if they are not happy.

I dont have to be so nice since I dont have any affiliation for the company. That is absolutely minor and to make a stink about that insert is insane and unfair for anyone to do without posting that photo along with their online bashing.

I mentioned before but anyone actually looking to get a 100% or better reproduction is going to just have any repro sent directly to their pro for fine tuning (i.e. touch up that key line) before they clear it (after letting it gas off for 6 months is my preference).

Good luck Syco. I hope you come to the realization that your pf is super nice (man those colors pop in the photo; and if that insert is your biggest issue...) and if you want perfection then you find a clearcoat guy that can fix that when they finish this pf off to take it from 98-99% to 110%.

Gonna look amazing once it is swapped into your game.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I feel like the picture that was shown was trying to make it seem like my concerns are baseless.

I dont think your concerns are baseless. I do think the reality is that ALL reproduction playfields (just like all NOS or unplayed gems from back when original) are far from 100% perfect and unless your insert edges are actually raised then your concern seems over blown. If you want perfect, then you should start thinking of any reproduction as a nice starting point for a professional restorer to finish off for you. I personally send all my pfs that I want perfect off to the pros to make them so.

What are you lighting those inserts with? Asking as it appears to be much brighter than any standard bulb I have used in a game and that is making it appear much worse to you than it will ever look in a game.

If you really are not going to be happy with this level of reproduction then I suggest sending it back, eating the shipping, and getting a full refund and moving on.

If you still want the pf as-is, curious what you want the manufacturer to do for you. Downgrade this to a silver and refund you the difference?

edit: to add that I am genuinely not trying to be a dick. Just seems you are really nitpicking quality when it appears you got a nice overall example of a reproduction and just need to adjust your sense of what to expect. Cracked insert, ghosting, completely off registration??? those are things to have concern over IMHO. Small bits of ink scrape on a few inserts are minor and easily fixed by any pro doing a final touchup and clear if you are striving for perfection.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Because if those issues mentioned above still make it a 'gold', then what was wrong with mine to make it a bronze?

often the majority of people will have zero idea on what causes a gold, silver, bronze to be rated as such.

It really comes down to the trained eye and knowing what to look at. Even bronze are very nice IME.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... Hence, why I'm asking.

The things that seem to cause a grading of bronze IME include things like:
slight registration issue
clear coat imperfection
of center keyline pull
sloppy color pull for one of the screens (usually only on a non visible when populated area)
slightly raised or lowered insert face

Chances are it is so minor that to the majority of people they would not be able to tell the difference unless you had 3 pfs lined up side by side and the issues pointed out.

My point was, if you dont see an issue then just be happy and accept it as it. It is like the whole "once you see something you cant unsee it"

1 week later
#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

I for one, will still be getting the backglass,

where are back glasses available for earth shaker?

#72 5 years ago

When the hell did these go on sale and how did I miss it?!?

Never saw an email blast, never saw nothin...

I would like one of these and don't care about the imperfections. If anyone has one on order and wants to transfer it over to me, please reply and let them know.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

There was no email. People who "pre-ordered" the field get access to it first. Fair IMHO for those who have been on the list waiting for years. I waited for my field since Feb of 2016. Didn't get the glass though.

OK

As a long time customer that has spent thousands with them, I just hope there are some good glass around for those that already have a nice game and just need the BG.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I would bet you will get the opportunity to get a glass.

fingers crossed as I have been hoping /pushing for it for over 2 years
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-interest-would-you-buy-a-cpr-earthshaker-backglass

If anyone is picking up a playfield and is not interested in the BG, please reach out to me.
Happy to pay for it now and guessing that CPR would be fine with shipping the glass direct to me. Since they usually package BG seperate it should be easy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-earthshaker-playfields-released?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.