Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

escapture (resized).PNG
20180606_213250_001 (resized).jpg
20180615_210939 (resized).jpg
P1020718 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ink layering.jpg
insert2.jpg
insert1.jpg
P1020794 (resized).JPG
P1020800 (resized).JPG

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... Hence, why I'm asking.

The things that seem to cause a grading of bronze IME include things like:
slight registration issue
clear coat imperfection
of center keyline pull
sloppy color pull for one of the screens (usually only on a non visible when populated area)
slightly raised or lowered insert face

Chances are it is so minor that to the majority of people they would not be able to tell the difference unless you had 3 pfs lined up side by side and the issues pointed out.

My point was, if you dont see an issue then just be happy and accept it as it. It is like the whole "once you see something you cant unsee it"

#52 1 year ago

kevincpr - Is it safe to assume you're still working your way through fulfilling the orders? I have a confirmation email from 2016; wasn't sure if they're being filled in order recieved; all golds first, etc.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... Hence, why I'm asking.

Take a look at the four factory "bulls eyes" at the 4-quadrant positions on the playfield. Pay closer attention to the top two moreso. Those are called registration marks. They will show you the accuracy of the 10-color "stack" of inks on the playfield, and how they lined up to each other.

The few bronzes from this run were primarily graded down due to one or several colors being off registration from the rest of the stack. That is simply not acceptable to me, as a screen printer... so I degrade those to bronze almost immediately. I suspect this is what you will find on your bronze.

Granted, due to the very heavy blackline cartooney artwork of ES, this art package was very forgiving to misregistration. So to "see" it out in the artwork, you need to hunt a bit on this one... there will be white edges and "peekaboos" along solid colors against blacklines, mostly in the quadrants there the bulls eyes are "off" the most. I see them, and I consider it a substandard stack.

Little tiny nits here and there on an otherwise perfect stack are one thing. The stack being entirely off is another. I cannot consider a poor stack a "gold" print.

Quoted from Mike_M:

kevincpr - Is it safe to assume you're still working your way through fulfilling the orders?

Absolutely. You are correct.

KEVIN

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Take a look at the four factory "bulls eyes" at the 4-quadrant positions on the playfield. Pay closer attention to the top two moreso. Those are called registration marks. They will show you the accuracy of the 10-color "stack" of inks on the playfield, and how they lined up to each other.
The few bronzes from this run were primarily graded down due to one or several colors being off registration from the rest of the stack. That is simply not acceptable to me, as a screen printer... so I degrade those to bronze almost immediately. I suspect this is what you will find on your bronze.
Granted, due to the very heavy blackline cartooney artwork of ES, this art package was very forgiving to misregistration. So to "see" it out in the artwork, you need to hunt a bit on this one... there will be white edges and "peekaboos" along solid colors against blacklines, mostly in the quadrants there the bulls eyes are "off" the most. I see them, and I consider it a substandard stack.
Little tiny nits here and there on an otherwise perfect stack are one thing. The stack being entirely off is another. I cannot consider a poor stack a "gold" print.

Aaaah... I'll check when I get home. I remember seeing those but didn't pay close attention to them.

How often are playfields marked down due to wood issues? (i.e. Bad dimpling?) Artwork, as long as I can't see it it's not an issue. (i.e. Registration may be off, but if I can't tell from a foot or two away.. pshaw, not an issue!) But when moving stuff from one playfield to the other - if dimples are off, that could be an issue (moreso than if dimples were actually *missing*, as being misaligned may mean I screw something back in in the wrong location without noticing, and then later after other mechs are all placed on, have to backtrack and reposition something..)

#55 1 year ago

minor things are to be expected when printing playfields. nearly every NOS field I get in house (at least 100+) have printed issues from the factory. Whether it was Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, DE, Sega, it didn't matter. Every single field had printing, smears, off register, spots that didn't print around insert edges, spots that didn't print or printed with another color in a spot that shouldn't. Every one did.

CPR actually takes the time to try and weed those out. The other companies, didn't. Because you know what? They didn't give a shit at all. It was good enough for a game going on route. Anyone putting quarters in, didn't care if light had a hairline peeking through the edge or not. Pinball has never been, nor will it ever be, a hobby for the anal retentive. If you can't handle imperfections and things breaking. This is NOT the hobby for you.

On the same token. The more flaws in something like a playfield. The more discount should be applied. If you are selling Golds at a premium price. They should be next to perfect.

#56 1 year ago

Got my email a week or so ago and ordered my Gold level ES playfield last week. Looking forward to the delivery!

#57 1 year ago

No complaints here. I'm glad we are able to get a very nice (not perfect) playfield for the price that they are. I've ordered several over the years and am glad I have had that option.

#58 1 year ago

Has anyone had problems getting their playfield or getting CPR to email them back?
I paid in april and haven't received my playfield/backglass. I emailed CPR twice with no response.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Has anyone had problems getting their playfield or getting CPR to email them back?
I paid in april and haven't received my playfield/backglass. I emailed CPR twice with no response.

Take a look at the update page. There was a problem with the backglasses. They are waiting for you to tell them if you want a full refund on the backglass or an extra $50 off. I didn't get an e-mail either, but Kevin replied to my e-mail within a day or 2.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I didn't get an e-mail either, but Kevin replied to my e-mail within a day or 2.

Guys,

I'm going to re-write and re-send out the emails. About half have responded, but half not, and from the sounds of things the original email didn't make it to certain people. We did get a couple "bounces" the first time, but it seems like it must be worse than that. I suspect that the way I wrote it, with HTML formatting, URLs embedded and such, that it got spam filtered / blocked in some way.

For those who get another email, just ignore the second one. They'll be going out tonight. Thx

KEVIN

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys,
I'm going to re-write and re-send out the emails. About half have responded, but half not, and from the sounds of things the original email didn't make it to certain people. We did get a couple "bounces" the first time, but it seems like it must be worse than that. I suspect that the way I wrote it, with HTML formatting, URLs embedded and such, that it got spam filtered / blocked in some way.
For those who get another email, just ignore the second one. They'll be going out tonight. Thx
KEVIN

Nothing stuck in the spam filter on my end, but outbound filtering might have got them. You could have a limit on the number of e-mails you can send in a certain period as well.

Looks like a maximum of 1000 recipients in a 24 hour period, assuming you have a business account.

https://productsandservice.bellaliant.ca/BusinessSMB/en/productsandservices/ps_2.jsp?section=60&subsection=2&bodycont=productsandservices.exchange_policies&curbody=60

#62 1 year ago

Yeah I never got an email. My spam filter shows me marked spam and didn’t see it.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys,
KEVIN

you can test your email for spam score. there are free services to do this with. i cannot remember any of them atm but i have used them for work in the past.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

you can test your email for spam score. there are free services to do this with. i cannot remember any of them atm but i have used them for work in the past.

Shameless Plug: I work for Litmus, who does exactly that. https://litmus.com/spam-filter-tests

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Shameless Plug: I work for Litmus, who does exactly that. https://litmus.com/spam-filter-tests

Yeah that is what we used I believe.

#66 1 year ago

Must still not be working. No email received.

#67 1 year ago

I for one, will still be getting the backglass, even if its not the best on this run. Shit happens.
i was really hoping for a really nice bg, but at least i can preserve my original from getting any worse. I hope they try again to perfect it at a later date

This will be my first cpr pf, my kids call me hawkeye, because i notice everything. lol. so im hoping for a 99pt one.

Thanks Cpr for doing what you do, We all appreciate it.

#68 1 year ago

What was the problem with the bg?

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

I for one, will still be getting the backglass,

where are back glasses available for earth shaker?

#71 1 year ago

they have some pinholes in the mirror areas and some hickeys here and there. . Possible deterioration of the hand drawn films from the first run?

Hope thats not the case, or they probably wont try another run (which im hoping they will)

dont think its available for sale yet on the site

#72 1 year ago

When the hell did these go on sale and how did I miss it?!?

Never saw an email blast, never saw nothin...

I would like one of these and don't care about the imperfections. If anyone has one on order and wants to transfer it over to me, please reply and let them know.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like one of these and don't care about the imperfections. If anyone has one on order and wants to transfer it over to me, please reply and let them know.

I'm in the same boat. I reached out to CPR and even offered to pay in full plus shipping for a bg. They told me just to watch the website.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When the hell did these go on sale and how did I miss it?!?
Never saw an email blast, never saw nothin...

There was no email. People who "pre-ordered" the field get access to it first. Fair IMHO for those who have been on the list waiting for years. I waited for my field since Feb of 2016. Didn't get the glass though.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from metahugh:

There was no email. People who "pre-ordered" the field get access to it first. Fair IMHO for those who have been on the list waiting for years. I waited for my field since Feb of 2016. Didn't get the glass though.

OK

As a long time customer that has spent thousands with them, I just hope there are some good glass around for those that already have a nice game and just need the BG.

#76 1 year ago

I checked email and spam, but no email from CPR about the backglass.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

OK
As a long time customer that has spent thousands with them, I just hope there are some good glass around for those that already have a nice game and just need the BG.

I get where you are coming from. I have been buying from CPR for a long time now myself. It's just the way they have handled the sales of complimentary products when its a re-run.

I kind of wished I bought the glass, even with the imperfections. It seems like there is enough demand though to create a new film set and make a "perfect" run of glasses but maybe I'm wrong. Since this entire run has flaws I would bet you will get the opportunity to get a glass.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I would bet you will get the opportunity to get a glass.

fingers crossed as I have been hoping /pushing for it for over 2 years
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-interest-would-you-buy-a-cpr-earthshaker-backglass

If anyone is picking up a playfield and is not interested in the BG, please reach out to me.
Happy to pay for it now and guessing that CPR would be fine with shipping the glass direct to me. Since they usually package BG seperate it should be easy.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fingers crossed as I have been hoping /pushing for it for over 2 years
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-interest-would-you-buy-a-cpr-earthshaker-backglass
If anyone is picking up a playfield and is not interested in the BG, please reach out to me.
Happy to pay for it now and guessing that CPR would be fine with shipping the glass direct to me. Since they usually package BG seperate it should be easy.

They said the fields would be held up waiting for the glass. Sounds like shipping in the same box or at least at the same time.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I kind of wished I bought the glass, even with the imperfections. It seems like there is enough demand though to create a new film set and make a "perfect" run of glasses but maybe I'm wrong. Since this entire run has flaws I would bet you will get the opportunity to get a glass.

I think it was a lot of work remaking those films the first time, but who knows? I would love to have a minty new one, but I just couldn't rationalize trading one set of flaws for another plus $180. I probably wouldn't blink an eye if my backglass was very bad, or missing though.

#81 1 year ago

My playfield showed up via UPS yesterday. Extremely pleased with the quality of it. I ordered a gold and looking through it at first glance the thing looks damn near perfect.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The things that seem to cause a grading of bronze IME include things like:
slight registration issue
clear coat imperfection
of center keyline pull
sloppy color pull for one of the screens (usually only on a non visible when populated area)
slightly raised or lowered insert face
Chances are it is so minor that to the majority of people they would not be able to tell the difference unless you had 3 pfs lined up side by side and the issues pointed out.

At a recent show, I saw a bronze PF that was completely missing one of the color screens - it was pretty obvious. If that's the kind of problem that is considered acceptable for bronze, I'd never roll the dice on one of those, even if it is a rare occurrence.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

My playfield showed up via UPS yesterday. Extremely pleased with the quality of it. I ordered a gold and looking through it at first glance the thing looks damn near perfect.

Hoping for this. My playfield should arrive next Friday.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

They said the fields would be held up waiting for the glass. Sounds like shipping in the same box or at least at the same time.

Hope that is the case, paid on May 8th and nothing yet...

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

At a recent show, I saw a bronze PF that was completely missing one of the color screens - it was pretty obvious. If that's the kind of problem that is considered acceptable for bronze, I'd never roll the dice on one of those, even if it is a rare occurrence.

Even SILVER is very risky ... I bought a WhiWi Silver in a german shop for a good price but after arrival I was chocked. In the middle area under the compass was a complete other color. A blind would see that.
On a PinBot BRONCE the big round inserts was loose and the thin clear cracket. I could fix this with reglowing the insert , sanding the coat down, brushed the circle around that insert and clearcoat is again, so this playfield was an extra 200 EURO for coating plus some work , so it made no sense to buy this so long as gold are available.

ES, FT in Gold are perfect.

P1020718 (resized).JPG

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

In the middle area under the compass was a complete other color. A blind would see that.

I'm confused? Where? Are you meaning the dithering step? (If so, that's on ALL of their fields in the second run - including golds and bronzes.)

#87 1 year ago

C´mon .-... I had a Gold from the first run years ago without that "line".
After opening the box I run to my WhiWi with original playfield and checked for that line before (!!) I send the repro back.
This cant be "normal" !! Why should they do this ?!
The dark spots a little higher right side, that might be okay for silver or bronce ...

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

I for one, will still be getting the backglass, even if its not the best on this run. Shit happens!

I asked for a refund after I saw pictures of the backglass. It just wasn't up to my collector standards.

I do respect the fact that CPR was honest enough to point out the problem and give buyers other options.

2 weeks later
#89 1 year ago

Received my Bronze ES playfield today and it looks amazing. I'm not even sure what the flaws are but its going to look great when the swap is complete!!

20180615_210939 (resized).jpg
#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I asked for a refund after I saw pictures of the backglass. It just wasn't up to my collector standards.

I would have bought it off you for full price and added a little extra for your troubles. I dont have a backglass.

#91 1 year ago

Thanks CPR

20180606_213250_001 (resized).jpg
#92 1 year ago

Holy crap, the registration on those playfields are horrid! I hope you got 'em for free!
(Sorry, printer's joke. Out of focus = bad registration. Nevermind.)

#93 1 year ago

One for my game, one for the wall

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Received my Bronze ES playfield today and it looks amazing. I'm not even sure what the flaws are but its going to look great when the swap is complete!!

Missing a few pre-drilled holes here maybe?

escapture (resized).PNG

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Hey I think you're right !
No problem though...if you're swapping a playfield that's the least of problem.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

They are there, just covered up by the paint. Not ideal, but just a another part of the pf install

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside