pasted_image (resized).png
ink layering.jpg
insert2.jpg
insert1.jpg
P1020794 (resized).JPG
P1020800 (resized).JPG

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

CPR have just released playfields for Earthshaker! http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo213.html Eagerly awaiting an email from CPR requesting my payment.

Looks like 2018 is going to see CPR release a number of playfields I've been waiting years to be available. Earthshaker, Shadow, Elvira & the Party Monsters and Banzai Run. Lots of work ahead, I can't wait.

#2 5 years ago

I currently dont own any of these titles but lots do and this, as all your pf's, will be highly sought after. Thanks for being a huge asset to the pinball community!!!

#3 5 years ago

Will a backglass be released too?

#4 5 years ago

Yes! This looks great. My game DESPERATELY needs this.

#5 5 years ago

I think all earth shakers need one !!

#6 5 years ago

Just got my email and sent it in. Sold the game since I emailed, but happy to have the playfield.

#7 5 years ago

Order paid for and very happy to have secured a playfield for my machine.

#8 5 years ago

Just got an Earthshaker. How much for the play field?

#10 5 years ago

Thanks. Just added myself to the waiting list.

#11 5 years ago

I wish they would sell the topper plastic separate.

#12 5 years ago

Still waiting on my email..... I got on the preorder list back in 3/5/16..

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

Still waiting for my email, I was on the preorder list at least 2 years ago.........

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Still waiting for my email, I was on the preorder list at least 2 years ago.........

Same here.

#15 5 years ago

Playfield arrived in Germany ... that was fast !!!!
This time I got a gold GOLD One insert looks the print not perfect, thats it !
The colors are different to original, the darker blue is really darker but its okay for me.
After the first check I was little confused. There were stripes, hardly to see in the light.
So i polisehd the playfield with the machine and it looks very good now.

Thanks to CPR !!

#16 5 years ago

I believe CPR send emails to the pre-order list in waves. They allow 14 days to complete the purchase before your position is considered abandoned.

My pre-order was acknowledged on 3/3/16. I got my email Friday 4/13 (10 days ago).

Based on the 14 days to complete purchase I believe the next wave should go out at the end of this week. The second wave may still be for those who were acknowledged on the same day as me (3/3/16). CPR work in order of pre-order email received.

I don't know if CPR send emails out to the next people on the list if those in the first wave claim their pre-order. I would doubt it. They're a small shop. They probably just work in 14 day chunks. Pack your patience!

#17 5 years ago

Received mine yesterday and it looks great.
So I'm off the wait list!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Received mine yesterday and it looks great.
So I'm off the wait list!

lets see some pictures! still waiting on my email and that is just fine. have some huge car repairs being done right now.

#19 5 years ago

Twice shaken!

A4968F22-EED0-42B8-A7F7-96BAE225F795 (resized).jpegA4968F22-EED0-42B8-A7F7-96BAE225F795 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#20 5 years ago

Can I inquire as to what someone thinks it might cost ballpark (once a playfield is in hand) to have the old one removed and rebuilt to the new one?

Andretti

#21 5 years ago

Hope these turn out better than the Whirlwind playfields--issues with clear coat chipping, holes in the wrong place and many were not dimpled according to several Pinsiders.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Andretti:

Can I inquire as to what someone thinks it might cost ballpark (once a playfield is in hand) to have the old one removed and rebuilt to the new one?
Andretti

It's around 40 hours of labor. If you're going to clean everything while you have it apart, new rubbers & fasteners you could easily spend $2000 shipped to have a professional do the swap.

#23 5 years ago

Got the email and ordered.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hope these turn out better than the Whirlwind playfields--issues with clear coat chipping, holes in the wrong place and many were not dimpled according to several Pinsiders.

No problems at all !
Only the shooterlane is shorter than on original and the are around the flipperbats is little different. Colours are great and clearcoat aftzer a little finish also !

I needet around that 40 hours to swap the playfield, clean the stuff, etc ...

P1020791 (resized).JPGP1020791 (resized).JPG

P1020800 (resized).JPGP1020800 (resized).JPG

P1020794 (resized).JPGP1020794 (resized).JPG

#26 5 years ago

Really not pleased with the quality of the gold I received. Nearly every insert has key line issues. A few of them you can see light shining up through the keyline as it is just missing... Think I am just done with this company...

#27 5 years ago

Interesting to hear reports.

I got a Bronze - I figured that since it's mostly gonna be for wall art, I don't need to spend the extra $100 on Gold status.

However, I've been studying this, and.. other than one insert off-center, I can't find anything else wrong with mine. *However*, I also do not know the game inside and out, so I could easily be missing something. (i.e. Missing dimples or drill holes?)

In either case, for a Bronze, I'm happy with it. If anyone wants me to check something specific, lemme know.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting to hear reports.
I got a Bronze - I figured that since it's mostly gonna be for wall art, I don't need to spend the extra $100 on Gold status.
However, I've been studying this, and.. other than one insert off-center, I can't find anything else wrong with mine. *However*, I also do not know the game inside and out, so I could easily be missing something. (i.e. Missing dimples or drill holes?)
In either case, for a Bronze, I'm happy with it. If anyone wants me to check something specific, lemme know.

I bought a Gold as ES is special for me, but I'd dare say any bronze installed in a pin, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the diff.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I bought a Gold as ES is special for me, but I'd dare say any bronze installed in a pin, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the diff.

I bought a gold beacause I wanted the best. Got far from that...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I bought a gold beacause I wanted the best. Got far from that...

Contact CPR.

#31 5 years ago

Why? They don't care about customer service anymore! They just figure it's easier to convince people to accept an inferior product rather than produce a quality product. If your not happy with it they'll just label you as picky and someone that expects to much for what they charge. After all they do this from the goodness of their heart not because they make any money doing it.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Why? They don't care about customer service anymore! They just figure it's easier to convince people to accept an inferior product rather than produce a quality product. If your not happy with it they'll just label you as picky and someone that expects to much for what they charge. After all they do this from the goodness of their heart not because they make any money doing it.

Exactly has been my experience in the past

I will but given what I have from past experiences they will do nothing. I hope the haters are wrong.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

that is hogwash.

CPR consistently delivers some of the best reproductions in the market and they have been doing so for long before others.

The reality is that some people piss and moan about a slightly off center keyline on the back of the pf under a ramp and demand a refund or to be shipped a new one. Sure a few are gonna make it through the QC process with an actual blem that takes it down a notch or 2, but the MAJORITY of even their bronze stuff is super nice and 10x better than the other crap out there that you likely have in your game to begin with. The most recent complaint I saw from someone was that there were fingerprints and some clearcoat on the back of their playfield!!!! seriously, the back of the playfields that is going to be coevered by mechs and wires had some overspray and hand smudge from handling...

I suggest anyone complaining go take a look at actual NOS playfields and old preserved gems with a better eye for reality.

No silkscreened anything with 13, 15, sometimes 17 layers is going to be 100% perfect, but the majority turn out really damn nice.

Anyone that wants perfect (like I do) needs to plan on any new pf being sent out to a pro for finishing touches and new clear. If you want to take nice to perfect then it is going to cost more. Same goes for NOS or preserved originals. You want perfect then you are going to need a hand done job and be willing to pay an artist (not a manufacturer) to create perfect from what CPR has provided.

#34 5 years ago

Sorry to hear this Frank. =(

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Really not pleased with the quality of the gold I received. Nearly every insert has key line issues. A few of them you can see light shining up through the keyline as it is just missing... Think I am just done with this company...

Felt same way on my whirlwind. Sent back. Went with mirco on TAF and it’s pristine.

I will buy cpr again but won’t pay for gold. They do generally very good work and I have bought tons from them.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is hogwash.
CPR consistently delivers some of the best reproductions in the market and they have been doing so for long before others.
The reality is that some people piss and moan about a slightly off center keyline on the back of the pf under a ramp and demand a refund or to be shipped a new one. Sure a few are gonna make it through the QC process with an actual blem that takes it down a notch or 2, but the MAJORITY of even their bronze stuff is super nice and 10x better than the other crap out there that you likely have in your game to begin with. The most recent complaint I saw from someone was that there were fingerprints and some clearcoat on the back of their playfield!!!! seriously, the back of the playfields that is going to be coevered by mechs and wires had some overspray and hand smudge from handling...
I suggest anyone complaining go take a look at actual NOS playfields and old preserved gems with a better eye for reality.
No silkscreened anything with 13, 15, sometimes 17 layers is going to be 100% perfect, but the majority turn out really damn nice.
Anyone that wants perfect (like I do) needs to plan on any new pf being sent out to a pro for finishing touches and new clear. If you want to take nice to perfect then it is going to cost more. Same goes for NOS or preserved originals. You want perfect then you are going to need a hand done job and be willing to pay an artist (not a manufacturer) to create perfect from what CPR has provided.

The keyline at the top of the right ramp lock insert is so thick that it is touching the letters. When the sun is light up you can see the insert because the keyline has holes. I have 3 inserts (not covered by ramps) that look like that. May as well come pre chipped except at least the clear is nice. I contacted CPR to see what they say.

#37 5 years ago

I am glad that you’ve contacted CPR and I hope you get a good resolution. They’ve collectively helped us save so many games—the hobby should be very grateful to them.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I am glad that you’ve contacted CPR and I hope you get a good resolution. They’ve collectively helped us save so many games—the hobby should be very grateful to them.

Yes. I really hope they do something. I was going to completely restore this game and starting with a pf that looks like the inserts have already chipped really makes a full restore pointless...

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yes. I really hope they do something. I was going to completely restore this game and starting with a pf that looks like the inserts have already chipped really makes a full restore pointless...

Can you share some pics?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Can you share some pics?

Actually, I'll step up and provide the pictures myself. Nothing to hide here. Let's be honest, and openly discuss. I have a few pix from Syco now (we're talking off Pinside in email, and I will be phoning him tomorrow at some point to chat live). So I'll use the pix at hand. His pix, not mine.

Let me be clear, I'm not trying to single out Syco here. This will be an overall comment on what has been referred to as "pickyness" in general, on here. There is absolutely no doubt there are expectations vs. physical realities/results completely different between us and some end users. There is also absolutely no doubt there always will be. It's just a fact in the hobby. Doesn't make it right or wrong. It's just there.

As a playfield producer, you produce the absolute best you can, with all the small shortcomings of the legacy/classic methods. It's simply a fact that keeping authenticity with original processes, you get stung all the time by those little shortcomings. Because people will spot them, and they will announce them. All you can do is let the chips fall where they may. I've commented on this topic in various threads of the past. The most recent being the TAF thread (where hundreds shipped, ~10 had grievances to display in pix on here). That's darned good results, folks. All the TAFs were built completely the same. We don't intentionally make different runs of differing quality appearances. So one may wonder why there are always some playfields that will be called out in public, considering their gold graded playfield to be allegedly a standout failure, in their eyes. Sub-par. "Far from a gold" Etc. How can I and the end user differ so much? I truly believe it comes down to different expectations. One expectation is very high (what I consider one-off QC artisan/restored playfield quality), and the other expectation (mine) matches the maximum QC reality of actual production playfield possibilities. Again, neither is "right or wrong" ... just two completely different places on the spectrum.

So here we are discussing the Earthshaker run now. I'll pick the most grievous pic from Syco's selection. Again, this is not about Syco, and he is not being singled out. I want to illustrate what it's like to get a grievance, show it, explain it, and let's discuss. Might as well use a real-life submission, since this is what is being discussed above. So here is what we are dealing with:

insert1.jpginsert1.jpg

Look closely at this picture. It has been scaled to "actual size" ... so we are dealing with what this insert would look like in real life, as a typical 1.5" Williams arrow insert. Look closely. How do you feel about the insert? What are you seeing? (I'm 'poisoning the well' a bit, because I'm basically forcing people to "hunt" for something wrong) Keep in mind, this insert is the worst example provided in the grievance being described up above. Just to set the tone of the playfield on trial, please know, this is what we are dealing with.

Now, the truth is, this insert isn't perfect. It DOES have a problem. A small problem, even most may say a virtually invisible problem, but yet some may say a CLEARLY-visible, completely unacceptable problem. Opinions are going to vary. Plus consider it's on many more inserts here and there, albeit lesser degrees, but there. My opinion? Normal occurrences, they aren't flubs but rather one of those methodology shortcomings as I mentioned above (I'll explain below BTW), yes score is lowered, but with the rest of the face being so beautiful and having nothing else findable - it confidently lands in the 97-99 percentile (CPR Gold).

Now what if this type of small technical shortcoming appears on THE WHOLE RUN ? Does it scuttle them all ? Again, look at that life-size picture. This is where the rubber meets the road, folks. The debate has got to be about the degree of importance on this kind of thing. We're all about striving for 100.00% perfection, but have learned after 14 years... 97-99% is all that we're going to get. There is no 100%. It means everybody has to accept a level of blemish that simply exists. Tiny things. There is no way 10-16 wet color layers can be separately laid one-at-a-time, across 7-10 days, across 10-16 separate silkscreen press runs, and yield a 100% perfect top-to-bottom stack of artwork with zero blemishes. Using authentic screening equipment and tech from the 1980's... It's just not going to happen. We're going to come darned close to what 'appears' to be perfection to the vast majority of end users... but some sets of eyes will always spot things, and then they cannot 'unsee' them. Depends on the end user. No question.

So here is another picture....

insert2.jpginsert2.jpg

Same picture... except this time it's presented in the resolution it was provided in. The same type of 20X close-up magnification that is often presented on Pinside when issues are put on display. Now *everybody* can see the issue, without hesitation. Vomit, right ? Absolutely horrid. Yes, I completely agree. If an insert was THIS big on a playfield, who the heck could live with this ? Every CPR playfield would be a bronze... because every playfield would score 40-50, due to the degree of how messed up this looks. We'd never get near a 97-99 percentile, with flaws like this. In this example, we're getting in so close now, that one can actually see the ragged screen mesh edges on the fonts/edges. Wowzers.

Regardless, let's discuss what is going on here. Is that a crack? Is something wrong with the blackline art? Yes, I will be discussing this with Syco on the phone, but I want to make my/this general comments public, so it stays on here for reference.

So what is this hairline in the blackline, and why is it on several other inserts as well ? The answer is one of those damned shortcomings of the tech: What you are seeing is black ink shear. The black layer is being "cut" across two completely different heights on the surface... the face of the insert, and the face of the inks next to the insert (which are about 8 mils taller than the face of the insert). To help by using an illustration, here is a drawing:

Ink LayeringInk Layering

This is a side-view cutaway of a seated insert in a playfield. The tan is the wood, and the light grey is the insert. What happens in classic spot-ink silkscreening, is that the white layer goes down first (seen on the wood, and overlapping the insert). Then the color fill layer goes down on top of that (in this case the insert is surrounded by yellow). Then at the end, the black layer (the "blackline") goes down last.

Our press prints from left to right. That means a huge squeegee blade (dark blue) travels across the playfield, squeezing the black layer through the screen (screen not shown) onto the wood/color layers, jumping the black layer on top of everything that is there.

So why the hairline sometimes in the blackline ? Answer: Due to the wet ink squeegeeing across from left-to-right, due to the right edge "shelving up" in height from the face of the insert, the sharpness of the squeegee blade SOMETIMES will "chop" the black ink across that shelf. Note that it's always the right hand edge, rarely (if never) the left. For some reason, the "downward" transition (on the left) flows the black ink without a chop.

You'll notice in this example, the chop reveals yellow ink. That is what you are seeing in the actual photos above. It's not white. It's not wood. It's the top of the "shelf" of inks.

These have been random and on nearly every playfield for years, here and there. Some runs more than others. The reason ES has it relatively 'the most' is due to us double-hitting the white. In other words, we screened white twice. There are TWO layers of white. This was because white was so plentiful on Earthshaker, and had to be opaque and pristine. So technically the diagram should have the white layer DOUBLED in thickness, if you can picture it. This increased the "shelf" around the inserts upward of 10-11 mils. Just enough to add that extra "chop" factor, and thus these tiny dropouts in the black around inserts can and does appear, here and there. Every wet hit on the press is slightly different. It's old analog technology, physically rubbing the artwork onto the playfield, via mesh with openings.

IN CONCLUSION:

So that is "why" and "how" ... the meat of the issue rests with what to do about this kind of thing. We can try to find a specimen with 'less of it' and do an exchange. We can take the playfield back for a full refund. But to find one with NONE ? Impossible. These are the realities of playfield making, folks. If there is anyone who would give anything to produce 100.000% flawless playfields... we would. Nobody can.

In fact, CPR may 'get the heat' more on here than anybody else - we get that - but I chalk that up to our playfields being more 'on-the-radar', thus more discussed, and more in the hobby want the best for/from us. There is nothing wrong with that. It comes with the territory. Trust me, there are plenty of things to nitpick, horror stories, QC flubs to go around in playfield making. No maker is immune, and plenty of threads are on here about them too... they're just more unread, get way less attention, and drop off the front page into history. Some of those playfield runs are made with VERY modern methods, and printed digitally (not screened), sprayed mechanically (not by a clearcoater) and STILL have their issues within their runs. So all I'm trying to say is there is no utopia. There are hits and misses - the goal is to be as close to a hit as humanly possible.

OK, now back to Syco... I will try to come to a solution with Syco that will make him completely happy, or at least happy as possible. I'm very easy to get along with. I have (and will) do exchanges to other specimens if something is going to bug a customer to the level of displeasure. Sometimes just reducing the "thing" they hated about the random playfield that was selected from the grade that they got, is what most are seeking. I have no problem with that. Complete refund is also always on the table - if one chooses to simply abort. No problem. Nobody is stuck with their playfield. Customer service is fine with me, as long as we're not in utopian territory. If I plain screwed up in missing something substantial during a grading, then I'll fess up and eat crow. No playfield run doesn't come with a couple to a few exchanges. Again, it's just part of the territory. We've been at this for 14 years. Water off a duck's back.

I'm sure this is TL:DR ... but if you got this far, thanks for the read.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#41 5 years ago

now that is customer service! Not only does he respond but takes the time to educate along the way and even points out that he is willing for the owner of the pf to abort if they are not happy.

I dont have to be so nice since I dont have any affiliation for the company. That is absolutely minor and to make a stink about that insert is insane and unfair for anyone to do without posting that photo along with their online bashing.

I mentioned before but anyone actually looking to get a 100% or better reproduction is going to just have any repro sent directly to their pro for fine tuning (i.e. touch up that key line) before they clear it (after letting it gas off for 6 months is my preference).

Good luck Syco. I hope you come to the realization that your pf is super nice (man those colors pop in the photo; and if that insert is your biggest issue...) and if you want perfection then you find a clearcoat guy that can fix that when they finish this pf off to take it from 98-99% to 110%.

Gonna look amazing once it is swapped into your game.

#42 5 years ago

Kevin,

That is not the ones that I am most concerned about. I honestly could care less about the hair lines around the inserts but you asked to see the issues. The ones where the insert shows through the keyline is my concern. I simply attached any picture that I took of "issues". Here are the two in question that I have showing the insert through it. The insert lights up inside of the keyline here. While the hairline of color showing through the keyline is annoying the light showing through it is much more annoying. I can take more pictures if people want to see more. I took a few pictures of the inserts lit up so people can see the light shining through the edge. The lock insert keyline is nearly touching (was wrong before when I said it was touching) the words. Other keylines have smudges. People want to know the issues, here they are. There are more hairlines in the keylines but am omitting that as it was already covered.

I understand that you were showing general pickiness but I feel like this is painting me in a bad light as the post is singling out a non issue when there are actual issues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I feel like the picture that was shown was trying to make it seem like my concerns are baseless.

I dont think your concerns are baseless. I do think the reality is that ALL reproduction playfields (just like all NOS or unplayed gems from back when original) are far from 100% perfect and unless your insert edges are actually raised then your concern seems over blown. If you want perfect, then you should start thinking of any reproduction as a nice starting point for a professional restorer to finish off for you. I personally send all my pfs that I want perfect off to the pros to make them so.

What are you lighting those inserts with? Asking as it appears to be much brighter than any standard bulb I have used in a game and that is making it appear much worse to you than it will ever look in a game.

If you really are not going to be happy with this level of reproduction then I suggest sending it back, eating the shipping, and getting a full refund and moving on.

If you still want the pf as-is, curious what you want the manufacturer to do for you. Downgrade this to a silver and refund you the difference?

edit: to add that I am genuinely not trying to be a dick. Just seems you are really nitpicking quality when it appears you got a nice overall example of a reproduction and just need to adjust your sense of what to expect. Cracked insert, ghosting, completely off registration??? those are things to have concern over IMHO. Small bits of ink scrape on a few inserts are minor and easily fixed by any pro doing a final touchup and clear if you are striving for perfection.

#44 5 years ago

Still waiting for my payment email, pretty sure I'm on the list.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

...I feel like this is painting me in a bad light as the post is singling out a non issue when there are actual issues.

Syco54645 I don't think your complaints are baseless per se. Just one example of different expectations. I feel CPR makes a reasonable attempt to accurately grade their products. Your opinion is different than theirs in this case. Seems like you can work something out. Good luck.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The insert lights up inside of the keyline here. While the hairline of color showing through the keyline is annoying the light showing through it is much more annoying.

Yes, these are the other photos you sent to me. I attempted to pick the one with the most hairline, and discuss from there. But yes, these are the inserts with the lesser amounts of splits in the black. But still splits nonetheless.

These are resulting from the same shearing as explained above. Believe me, on the blackline screen, the black rings are complete and flawless.

All I'm trying to illustrate is that these are small normalities that (however unsavory) come with the territory of classic layered silkscreening.

Quoted from Syco54645:

The lock insert keyline is nearly touching the words.

That is the original Williams blackline film. That's the way it looks. I mean, I can drag out the film set and take a picture if necessary.

Quoted from Syco54645:

I feel like this is painting me in a bad light as the post is singling out a non issue when there are actual issues.

I tried to make it clear that it's not about you. I'm just addressing the whole expectation thing in general. The point is there will *be* issues - always. It's a discussion about where the hobby is going to accept these or not, to what degree. The realities of traditional oldschool screen printing.

I don't consider the insert I chose to highlight as a non-issue. I believe it was the most prominent of the ones you showed me. It *is* an actual issue. What I'm trying to do is lay out context of the issue. Size. Degree. The bigger picture. I wish none of that stuff was occurring, in a perfect world. But it does.

This is why we're going to try to find you something better, and more in your wheelhouse of expectation. Since golds are a percentile of 97-99% flawless, looks like you're in the '97' range with the playfield you got. Maybe if we can get you into a '99' range playfield, you'll be much happier for your needs. That's going to be my goal, anyway.

The whole goal of bringing all this up is to make clear there is no 100.00% flawless playfield. It's only a matter of what, and the discussion of what is going to be allowable / serious / non-serious / crucial / non-crucial etc. This is all about cosmetics when these things come up. Nothing seems to ever be structural, thank goodness. But it's no wonder. This hobby is VERY visually-based, right ?

KEVIN

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

That is the original Williams blackline film. That's the way it looks. I mean, I can drag out the film set and take a picture if necessary.

No I believe you here. If that is how it was then what ever. Looking at my original (which is quite beat) it looks like the space is about the same. Maybe slightly larger but within standard deviation.

Quoted from KevinCPR:

I tried to make it clear that it's not about you. I'm just addressing the whole expectation thing in general

Yes just did not want people to think that was my primary complaint here. My issue is with the light coming up through the keylines. It was sent for documentation purposes. Since the pf on a whole is what determines the grade I decided to include it, however did not include all issues. It was just what I had on my phone. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

#48 5 years ago

While I love the back and forth discussion, I will admit - now I'm rather worried..

I got a bronze-level. The only thing I'm *able to see* is one insert not centered in the artwork, and a color issue, which is located UNDER a pop bumper skirt - i.e. It would never, ever be seen by anyone playing. My PF doesn't have any noticeable issues with keylines, or any other issues with inserts.

So why am I worried? Because if those issues mentioned above still make it a 'gold', then what was wrong with mine to make it a bronze? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Though, I'm worried that, like, in 5 years when I do a PF swap, i find out all the dimples are in the wrong location, etc..)

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Because if those issues mentioned above still make it a 'gold', then what was wrong with mine to make it a bronze?

often the majority of people will have zero idea on what causes a gold, silver, bronze to be rated as such.

It really comes down to the trained eye and knowing what to look at. Even bronze are very nice IME.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

often the majority of people will have zero idea on what causes a gold, silver, bronze to be rated as such.
It really comes down to the trained eye and knowing what to look at. Even bronze are very nice IME.

... Hence, why I'm asking.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-earthshaker-playfields-released and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.