Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pafasa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Long story---HIGH Praise for CPR

Bought a new CPR Firepower playfield from a known playfield restorer at Expo 2012. The guy did not have it on hand but told me it was a beautiful example of a CPR playfield. So good in fact that, even though I was interested in having a heavy clear coat done to it, he recommended leaving it alone because it was that good. This was my first new playfield purchase and will be my first playfield swap (haven't got to it yet). At that point I was quite a rookie in this part of the pinball hobby. Still am, but I have learned a lot during this process. Paid cash and a little more than retail, but it seemed fair and I was happy with it because CPR and its vendors were all sold out at the time.

The playfield arrived at my home the next week packaged very well. When I opened it, I was stunned! Blown away by how awesome it looked, and in a couple hours I was right back at it staring this thing down. That's when I noticed the 4 inserts with cracks around them. The inserts had apparently moved and cracked the paint and clear about half way around each of them. I contacted the seller right away and he told me he sees that all the time and it is fairly common. Told me not to worry about playfield wear in those areas and that I probably wouldn't even notice the cracks once the playfield was populated and in the machine running and lit up under the glass.

Later, I noticed the second problem with the playfield. The 1-6 arrow inserts in front of the enemy targets and the extra ball arrow insert were all clear instead of orange. I was never told that it had the wrong color inserts before I purchased it. I think that should have been disclosed, don't you?

So I contact the seller again and he offered to repair and clear the playfield for his regular (full) price. A fair offer IMO. He and I agreed but later got a message from the seller saying that he was second-guessing his decision to do this job because he feared that no matter what, I wouldn't be satisfied. He offered me a PARTIAL refund if I returned the playfield to him saying that this issue has just taken too much time. Yikes......this was very upsetting, I just want what I paid for.

During all this I went to CPR's website to find more Firepower stuff and discovered that they had some playfields in stock! Right away I sent them an email explaining the situation and asking if there was a possibility of swapping my playfield for one with the correct color inserts. I didn't figure they would, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

THe day after the seller backed out on me, I got the email from Kevin at CPR that simply said something to the effect of "No Problem! Send us the playfield and we will send you a warranty replacement and you will never have to deal with those insert issues again"

WOW!! In my opinion, they had no obligation to offer me the swap. But CPR came through and completely fixed everything! I can't think of a better example of customer service by a manufacturer!

CPR will get all of my business from now on!!!

Sincerely, Dane Johnson

#2 11 years ago

Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask!

Glad it worked out.

Speaks volumes about CPR, IMO.

Their stuff looks so good but is out of my price range, unfortunately.

#3 11 years ago

I agree! I have a set of their Firepower plastics as well. Great stuff!!!

#4 11 years ago

Yeah I wish I had the cash for my ww playfield

#5 11 years ago

Agreed. Kevin is a great guy and an asset to the hobby.

#6 11 years ago

that's an awesome sign of good faith on their part.

i'm glad to have signed up for a FT playfield with them...

you can't say enough about good business.

-jon

#7 11 years ago

had a slight problem with one his plastics, send replacement directly out. Great guy to deal with!

p

#8 11 years ago

Great to hear.

However, who the heck was the original seller? It would be nice to know as they should have fully disclosed those issues.

#9 11 years ago

Mike and Kevin are a class act all the way!!!

#10 11 years ago

and quick little shout out to Jim Smith for the fantastic job he did on the Firepower Playfield Artwork....

Stu
    CPR Art Director

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Great to hear.
    However, who the heck was the original seller? It would be nice to know as they should have fully disclosed those issues.

Not going to go there. I have heard nothing but good things about the seller and his work. I mean it. I really think my situation with him is an isolated incident and I am not interested in bashing his business or reputation.

I really want to focus on the good thing that CPR did to fix this situation. None of this was their fault but they still stepped up to take care of it!!! Can't tell you enough how impressed I am.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

that's an awesome sign of good faith on their part.
    i'm glad to have signed up for a FT playfield with them...
    you can't say enough about good business.
    -jon

Awesome news. FT was already brutal at this years pinferno. It's going to annihilate everyone next year!

#13 11 years ago

Very well done to CPR - so often we hear bad stories about what 'might' have happened but it looks like CPR really does go the extra mile - excellent all round!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Very well done to CPR - so often we hear bad stories about what 'might' have happened but it looks like CPR really does go the extra mile - excellent all round!

This is why I posted. Too often we see threads diving into bashing someone or some product. I want to make known someone's good deeds. Way to go CPR!!!

#15 11 years ago

I have to agree.....I recently purchased a playfield for my Silverball Mania (a second but I can't find the flaws) and plastics and even though it was my first purchase from them they treated me as though I was a long time customer, very accommodating and pleasant to deal with.

Quality product and quality service in my opinion.

#16 11 years ago

I have my playfield packed and ready to ship. I will follow up to complete this thread once my new one shows. What a great company to deal with!!!

10 months later
    #17 10 years ago

Sorry I failed to follow up. CPR sent the replacement PF out as promised and it is perfect! Cant wait to need another PF from them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-customer-service-made-my-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.