Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rum-Z
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Harlem-80pct-wood (resized).jpg
    C5C0B700-2F1F-4964-A116-816D3F51AB51 (resized).jpeg
    A1725005-5D1B-4F44-BCD6-45685E8700DE (resized).jpeg
    1FAFAF22-8761-44AD-B423-44CE6FBA9823 (resized).jpeg
    4FB757D4-1B3D-4649-9BFB-4AD0EF8BCFE2 (resized).jpeg
    B14CF8A8-21A4-4A63-9BB0-933178BB018E (resized).jpeg
    9AE51BD8-1291-451F-8A91-622C88072421 (resized).jpeg
    1723FE7B-863B-498B-8297-10FAFCFBF92A (resized).jpeg
    E575C33E-BD70-43FB-9CAE-39C2929140EB.gif
    MV5BMTkzNzI1OTI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ2NzEwMjE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    5765C678-B473-46E7-8061-9C948D91BDA5 (resized).jpeg
    A64B0896-5B75-4D54-8442-782358C5043A (resized).jpeg
    2B75E4EE-9ABA-491E-8F70-C594FB2F1BFF (resized).jpeg
    75FF4427-55AE-4083-BBCD-13D2CE70D593 (resized).jpeg
    170516-sex-doll-stress-feature (resized).jpg
    DF3CF084-C576-4005-A750-5CCA520A3DDB.gif
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 3 years ago

Nah, seeing these kits I'm 100% sure that the next kit will be a conversion kit for the Big Dick pin.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I am thinking something a little more classy like a Supersonic to Mile High Club conversion?

CPR has yet to provide any evidence they can be this subtle or clever.

“Vagina!” It is.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Or better yet, why not just a “restoration kit” using the original art?
    New backglass, playfield, stencils, all in one stop and shop for everything you’d need to make it brand new.

No need to deal with licensing the original stuff if you’re doing a conversion.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Nah, seeing these kits I'm 100% sure that the next kit will be a conversion kit for the Big Dick pin.

Even Big Dick is in better taste than these.

Well, OK, maybe not better taste. But it at least looks a lot cooler.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The lips in the center of the playfield are hideous and hilarious. Why not just put a vagina there?

That’s the LE.

#56 3 years ago

This shows you the difference between the talent needed to trace classic pinball playfields (which they do decently) and creating brand new art for a conversion. I can teach a monkey how to trace artwork. Designing something from scratch takes a whole lot of talent. The solution is not photoshopped soft core photos. Do they even own the rights to these awful photos?

#58 3 years ago

I thought the "Lost Highway" package sounded like a nice idea.

#59 3 years ago

This looks like it was designed by someone who sports a shirt that says "I haven't been laid since the 80's" to pinball shows.

#60 3 years ago

don't get me wrong I think this is a terrible direction to take pinball but they missed one detail - the middle coin plate is one replaced with with a hole

CPR - of all the custom themes and you all agree to go this direction ????

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This looks like it was designed by someone who sports a shirt that says "I haven't been laid since the 80's" to pinball shows.

Oh, so you've met Stu then? I think it's his favorite shirt...

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joey_N:

I thought the "Lost Highway" package sounded like a nice idea.

As insane as a David Lynch 'Lost Highway' pinball would be, I think you meant CPR's 'Lost Vegas' from 10-ish years ago...

http://web.archive.org/web/20100306180340/http://www.classicplayfields.com/lostvegas.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20110924091428/http://www.classicplayfields.com/lostvegas.html

#63 3 years ago

The potential for various toppers.......

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The potential for various toppers.......

$1000

170516-sex-doll-stress-feature (resized).jpg170516-sex-doll-stress-feature (resized).jpg
    #65 3 years ago

Funny.. the lips remind me of ACDC.. lol

#66 3 years ago

Does anyone remember the Dolly Parton conversion set that CPR had planned to sell, that actually looked pretty cool..

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

$1000
    [quoted image]

no that is not a good backbox topper - rather a coin door replacement for other currency deposit

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Does anyone remember the Dolly Parton conversion set that CPR had planned to sell, that actually looked pretty cool..

See post a few spots above with links for 'Lost Vegas', not many liked the concept art and they dumped it. It fizzled away after that.

#69 3 years ago

New one is out...

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-conversion-kits/blood-lust/

I thinks it's an improvement over the last 2. The priest plastic seems a little off topic.

#70 3 years ago

Latest Blood Lust is much nicer then the first 2

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

$2500? I'd rather buy 5 Motordomes.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

New one is out...
    https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-conversion-kits/blood-lust/
    I thinks it's an improvement over the last 2. The priest plastic seems a little off topic.

Yes it’s an improvement, but only because the bar has been set so low.

Anybody turning their firepower into yet another amateur hour teenager’s wet dream diorama should have their head examined.

Will a single one of these convo kits not be based upon Stu’s masturbation fantasies?

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stu’s masturbation fantasies?

No, that's actually the name of the next kit.

#74 3 years ago

I find these old games look a bit odd with modern photoshop style artwork, there is nothing wrong with custom art but should maybe draw in the style of when the machine was released, so more illustrator then photoshop, lots of lines and simple line artwork / images etc... Could come up with some great designs that might fit these older machine a little better The recent led zeppelin is a great example of this, the artwork was drawn in the original style so it fit right in, you wouldn't even know it was a custom art package (real shame they can't sell that one!)

#75 3 years ago

They are perfect for hormonal 16-year-olds looking to re-theme their classic pinball machine!

Seriously, who is the target market for those awful kits?

#76 3 years ago

And that *was* a great idea at the time. I was excited to see the kit and waited years for them to release the final art. When they did finally release the art it was so universally panned that they dropped the project completely.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Ehhhhhhhh

no.

#78 3 years ago

BLOOD IS LIFE

#79 3 years ago

Artwork aside, I think these conversions would be more effective if there was a drop in solution to update the code/sound to reflect the new theme. I don't get a vampire vibe from Firepower sound effects/speech calls.

#80 3 years ago

Time, Talent and money wasted.
    Just God awful, all 3.

#81 3 years ago

Time and money wasted, anyway. I don't see talent when I look at these.

#82 3 years ago

Was the Twilight license not available? I mean, what with the clear inserts and all, you get sparkly vampires...

Seems like @colsond would be the target for this "as a theme" but OTOH, he is a man of taste.

The only way these make sense is Stu was going to do it for himself anyway like any other machine modder. But unlike us, he has access to pf equipment so why not see if he can make a few bucks?

(the answer of course is: just because you can doesn't mean you should)

#83 3 years ago

These are awesome! I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for it, but they are awesome!

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Time, Talent and money wasted.

FTFY

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Artwork aside, I think these conversions would be more effective if there was a drop in solution to update the code/sound to reflect the new theme. I don't get a vampire vibe from Firepower sound effects/speech calls.

Exactly. I feel like the kit should include new sound cards

#86 3 years ago

Yep, it’s a little bit better

2B75E4EE-9ABA-491E-8F70-C594FB2F1BFF (resized).jpeg2B75E4EE-9ABA-491E-8F70-C594FB2F1BFF (resized).jpeg75FF4427-55AE-4083-BBCD-13D2CE70D593 (resized).jpeg75FF4427-55AE-4083-BBCD-13D2CE70D593 (resized).jpegA64B0896-5B75-4D54-8442-782358C5043A (resized).jpegA64B0896-5B75-4D54-8442-782358C5043A (resized).jpeg
    #87 3 years ago

These machines look like what I would envision the machines would look like if TapOut got into the pinball business. And no, this isn't a compliment.

#88 3 years ago

Beside these designs just being absolutely terrible, what up with the price? Here's the cost of buying CPR reproductions of actual games (my guess is that reproducing actual artwork takes more effort, as everyone will nitpick any errors). Prices from CPR:

Playfield $850
    Backglass $270
    Plastics $160
    Topper $80
    Decals (Cabinet, Apron, Spinners, etc) $350
    ---
    Total: $1710

How the heck are these awful custom rethemes priced at a premium? I don't get it.

In contrast, I'd consider this if I wanted to refresh a game with alternate artwork. https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/stars-custom-playfield

#89 3 years ago

blood lust being better than the previous two is about the same as a kick in the balls being better than getting tasered in the dick. Still cringe asf. The photoshop artwork looks horrendous and honestly having one of these in my lineup, even for free, would be embarrassing. I would rather have a blown out firepower than a bloodlust any day of the week and its not even close.

Plus just imagine you have your pin buddies come over to show them your new game.
    "Hey fellas, check out my new BLOOD LUST! BLOOD IS LIFE! I'm just gonna start a game now"
    FIIIIRE POWERRRRR

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Plus just imagine you have your pin buddies come over to show them your new game.
    "Hey fellas, check out my new BLOOD LUST! BLOOD IS LIFE! I'm just gonna start a game now"
    FIIIIRE POWERRRRR

Hahaha!

Then again... You got a Firepower with a busted speech card? Has CPR got the fix for you!

#91 3 years ago

Nothing will ever match the lips on the Playmates playfield, but this third one is simply dreadful as well. And to think 5 or 6 perfectly good, worn to the wood Firepowers might lose their lives to create one of these.

I would imagine the people at CPR had a slightly different picture in their heads as to how these kits would be received on Pinside. Rather than weekly fanfare for a new game, this seems to have morphed into a weekly crowd gathering to watch a train wreck.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

The recent led zeppelin is a great example of this, the artwork was drawn in the original style so it fit right in, you wouldn't even know it was a custom art package (real shame they can't sell that one!)

Thanks!

That was my concept from day one. Whatever the donor Freedom ended up being, it had to be period correct. Like it rolled out of the Bally factory in 1976.

With the art, I had good 1970s framework for Brad to work his magic. The playfield was based on the freedom framework, and the backglass was based on Captain Fantastic.

It’s not for sale ... shame, as someone did offer 10k NZ for it. Almost worth chasing the licence for it. “Ahhhh... Hi Jimmy ... I make a few pinballs in my garage, can I have a licence please?”

rd

5765C678-B473-46E7-8061-9C948D91BDA5 (resized).jpeg5765C678-B473-46E7-8061-9C948D91BDA5 (resized).jpeg
    #93 3 years ago

Does the webpage for these say whose idea and artwork they are? They practically scream that the wife/daughter/niece (or alternately, son/nephew) of someone who works at CPR got herself a free copy of Photoshop and begged and cajoled to be allowed to have them posted there, until someone said yes just to shut him/her up. Gotta say I thought the same thing when I saw their line of toppers a year ago.

Love ya, CPR, but not your best idea.

#94 3 years ago

These do a disservice to all of the pinball machines that will have to die in order for these abominations to live. It's one thing when you are thinking of retheming a machine that has nothing but bells and chimes, but once the machines started talking to you, well, Gorgar speaks -volumes- with a vocabulary of 7 words.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

These do a disservice to all of the pinball machines that will have to die in order for these abominations to live. It's one thing when you are thinking of retheming a machine that has nothing but bells and chimes, but once the machines started talking to you, well, Gorgar speaks -volumes- with a vocabulary of 7 words.

It would now go

“Kill Me”

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

"Gorgar...hurt...by...very...idea...of...cheesy...retheme."

#97 3 years ago

There is a common theme with these now 3 games and they are all awful and so surprised that CPR as a collective think this is great. On their Facebook they sound proud of it and all the supporters are there saying they love it.....

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

There is a common theme with these now 3 games and they are all awful and so surprised that CPR as a collective think this is great. On their Facebook they sound proud of it and all the supporters are there saying they love it.....

They are deleting all the negative comments.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

arh, that explains it and checked today and they have not released this latest one yet

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Hell they blocked me from posting at all and deleted my comment

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-conversion-kits-wtf/page/2?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.