20161229_102650 (resized).jpg
20161229_102641 (resized).jpg
20161229_102338 (resized).jpg
20161229_102052 (resized).jpg
c69 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
P1000464.JPG
P1000463.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 7 years ago

Anyone on the Fathom list no longer need their PF? I'm looking to buy one.

1 month later
#175 7 years ago

If anyone on the Fathom list no longer wants their CPR PF, I'm looking to buy one. I may also consider a removed one that needs to be restored. I have a decent Firepower to offer as trade for one as well: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40573

If someone offers me one for a non ridiculous price, I will donate my removed one for free to someone that can use it. It's not in horrible shape. I think it's absurd for the price that people are trying to sell them. I don't mind paying over for what they originally sold for but I have seen NOS ones sell cheaper (this year) than what people are offering a CPR one (1500? no way). CPR will always make more, as long as the demand is out there. Beside, a NOS one has a lot fewer issues, when it comes down to installing it.

I just wonder how many of the most recent 100 CPR ones were purchased by people that are ACTUALLY going to put them into games. 50% of them? Perhaps less? I mean, CPR doesn't somehow benefit when people resell them for a huge profit do they? While I realize quite well how the market and demand work on repro play fields, it still doesn't mean that I have to like it. Has nothing to do with pinball, that's for certain. I say that you should have to send CPR your old PF once it's swapped to get on the next preorder list. They could sand the art off and re-screen them for people to resell. That is essentially how the PF restoration market works right now anyway. It would be a heck of a lot cheaper to have my existing PF restored than to pay the average resellers asking price for a CPR one.

1 week later
#231 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

How does this work? So are all 30 that they made Golds, and then they will have some Silver and Bronze available to those that did not pre-order? I am unfamiliar with the process.

That would be a no and a no. Originally, I was told 30 were made in total. However, recently others were told "there could be more than 30".

The gold, silver, and bronze designated PF's were all "claimed" (nearly 2 years ago) through the preorder process. The ones that people do not pay for COULD be sold after everyone has been contacted that was on the lists. It is a slower process than people think. Patience is key.

There is no way to know how many of each grade will be made until the run is done AND they cure. With a small run such as this, the short answer is "not many". The final grade factors in MANY things that could go wrong in the entire process. I'm still hoping to buy a bronze from a reseller or a used pull, out of an existing machine, but I won't hold my breath.

I would have bought the NOS one listed on Pinside yesterday for $950, had it been drilled and dimpled with no damage.

If I can't track one down, I will just restore the one currently in my game.

I am glad to see that most people posting here are using them in games and not trying to hoard and profit by reselling.

I brought my machine to expo this year so that people could play it. I plan on continuing to bring my game to shows because it seems that people just don't get a chance to play Fathom at many shows, because of it's difficulty to track down and the high cost of ownership. I actually had two people at this years show track me down and personally thank me for bringing it. I was lucky that the only issue it had in four days was one locked on transistor/coil failure.

1 week later
#243 7 years ago

Has anyone actually started to swap in a new Fathom PF? Would love to hear details about how things are lining up, ect.

4 weeks later
#275 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Holy sh*t, the Fathom playfields are already gone?!? That didn't take long. Can't wait for my plastic set to arrive. The WCS ones that I got last year looked and installed great, nice work.

They were available for about 12 hours... I don't think they had many left. They supposedly made less than 40 of them for this run.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Fathom and Centaur have by far been the most re-run playfields CPR has ever produced. I have a feeling there will be more to come

Yeah, and there will still be people everywhere trying to sell them for 1200-1400, trying to convince the masses that it's a great deal. From my experience, patience typically pays off when dealing with the pinball hobby. Problem is, no one seems to have any!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-centaur-and-fathom-playfields?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.