20161229_102650 (resized).jpg
20161229_102641 (resized).jpg
20161229_102338 (resized).jpg
20161229_102052 (resized).jpg
c69 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
P1000464.JPG
P1000463.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Just opened mine this am and was very disappointed this meets their gold standard!

Yup. The gold standard of absolutely PERFECT original Bally artwork.

What you are pointing out in your extreme closeup photos are exactly Paul Faris' original layout. We cannot alter the original films, and they are printed 100.000% in the exact "lossless" detail of the way they were in 1981. Go look at any original, and I challenge anybody to cross-compare any CPR Centaur repro to a Bally Centaur NOS. The Bally's were worse for positionment - because they didn't care where the art package landed on the wood. At least we optimize the final position.

Rest assured, I am a stickler. I did my best to lay down the Centaur artwork in the most 'pleasing' position (averaging across all inserts and openings) to produce the best happy medium result of positionment. If I were to make any further moves east, west, north, or south - then other peekaboos of slivers of wood would appear elsewhere (and increase the size of others). What you are seeing is best case. Remember, the WHOLE art package is one big piece... separate parts within it cannot be discretely moved around.

In conclusion, the Centaur art package NEVER trapped the inserts well... especially around arrows. If the artwork were a CPR-Stu digital redraw, all of this stuff would be controllable and manipulated/improved. Unfortunately we cannot alter the precious original films from 1981. They are one of a kind.

Maybe this was new to some recent customers, but the last 4 runs of Centaur over the last 10 years have ALL looked this way in one form or another. Grading on Centaur 2016 came down to relative overall aestetic appearance and quality of the print/clearcoat. If you got a gold, you got one of the great ones in the run.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

4 months later
#272 7 years ago

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just chiming into the thread to say we just posted CENTAUR and FATHOM playfields in our website Store tonight. Don't know how fast or slow these will go, but I do have several left of each boutique run... an amazing number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for some (holidays, family comes first, etc).

In the end, a decent little selection sits right now (even Golds). It's open season, first come first served, if anybody is interested.

Last of the Waiting List emails went out this evening.

Hit our home page, simply go from there. I'll be doing a few posts here tonight to make folks aware.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

plaf-fath (resized).jpgplaf-fath (resized).jpg

plaf-cent (resized).jpgplaf-cent (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-centaur-and-fathom-playfields?tu=KevinCPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.