Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jahbarron
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

plaf-fath (resized).jpg
plaf-cent (resized).jpg
fthm (resized).jpg
fath2 (resized).jpg
fath1 (resized).jpg
20161229_102616 (resized).jpg
20161229_102716 (resized).jpg
20161229_102702 (resized).jpg
20161229_102650 (resized).jpg
20161229_102641 (resized).jpg
20161229_102338 (resized).jpg
20161229_102052 (resized).jpg
c69 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
P1000464.JPG
P1000463.JPG

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#252 3 years ago

I would like to thank Kevin and the CPR team for the beautiful Fathom playfield and plastics. Your timing could not have been better. I received my playfield on the morning of 12/29 just 5 mins after I hung up from a phone call that alerted me to my father's passing away. CPR helped me get through that horrible day, thank you.
20161229_102052 (resized).jpg20161229_102338 (resized).jpg20161229_102641 (resized).jpg20161229_102650 (resized).jpg20161229_102702 (resized).jpg20161229_102716 (resized).jpg20161229_102616 (resized).jpg

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I would like to thank Kevin and the CPR team for the beautiful Fathom playfield and plastics. Your timing could not have been better. I received my playfield on the morning of 12/29 just 5 mins after I hung up from a phone call that alerted me to my father's passing away. CPR helped me get through that horrible day, thank you.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad Chris. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Brian

#254 3 years ago

sorry to hear about your pops.

Cherish your good times together.

#255 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Brian and Hilton.

#256 3 years ago

Anybody have a plastics set they would sell me? PM me

#257 3 years ago

pm sent

#258 3 years ago

Anyone willing to either outright sell their CPR Fathom playfield, or trade their CPR Fathom playfield for my Halifax Fathom playfield plus cash?

#259 3 years ago

PF found

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

The shooter lane groove is a lot more shallow than the original on the Centaurs. Has anyone installed one and had a problem?

Don't forget that 4 different companies made playfields for Bally.

So you see variations like that even in the originals.

1 week later
#261 3 years ago

A few more of these mofos have come through the shop door.

All look good with no defects to speak of.

Looks like CPR did a really nice, consistent run on these. Even the clearcoats seem free of any inclusions or fisheyes.

fath1 (resized).jpg
fath2 (resized).jpg

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks like CPR did a really nice, consistent run on these. Even the clearcoats seem free of any inclusions or fisheyes.

Why don't they fix the registration around the star rollovers on these? They really stand out as imperfections when the rest of the playfield looks so good.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why don't they fix the registration around the star rollovers on these? They really stand out as imperfections when the rest of the playfield looks so good.

Rick at PPS would not let them alter the Bally artwork in any way.

I'll fix it before I clearcoat.

#264 3 years ago

Got mine a couple weeks ago... they did indeed do a kickass job. Bad pic but the quality is outstanding. This will sold and will be going in my buddy's game. Cincypinball will have at least two fully restored Fathoms when he's done

fthm (resized).jpg

#265 3 years ago

Man looks good
I was told by Kevin at cpr
(Don't worry you made the list ).

But I didn't get the invoice. .

Has anyone herd are they still shipping fathom tables. ?

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In your opinion Vid, do these need to be clear coated again, or are they good to go as is?

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

need to be clear coated again

In home use, I 'll doubt it.
On location, maybe.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rick at PPS would not let them alter the Bally artwork in any way

Not even just moving the hard parts slightly around
during the milling process and keeping the artwork
intact?

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

In your opinion Vid, do these need to be clear coated again, or are they good to go as is?

They've got a pretty good coat of clear. Certainly 10x better than a Bally ever had.

You can see where the wood had shrank back a little around the inserts.

I'll fix the keylines around the star rollovers, clear, then block sand to make the playfields totally flat.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

intact?

Rick said no.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

intact?

Yeah, that's just dumb. Oh well.

#272 3 years ago

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just chiming into the thread to say we just posted CENTAUR and FATHOM playfields in our website Store tonight. Don't know how fast or slow these will go, but I do have several left of each boutique run... an amazing number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for some (holidays, family comes first, etc).

In the end, a decent little selection sits right now (even Golds). It's open season, first come first served, if anybody is interested.

Last of the Waiting List emails went out this evening.

Hit our home page, simply go from there. I'll be doing a few posts here tonight to make folks aware.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

plaf-fath (resized).jpg

plaf-cent (resized).jpg

#273 3 years ago

well, crap

There goes a hunk of money I had not planned on...

thx for the heads up Kevin!

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:
Just chiming into the thread to say we just posted CENTAUR and FATHOM playfields in our website Store tonight. Don't know how fast or slow these will go, but I do have several left of each boutique run... an amazing number of abandonments happened on the preorders for these... we suspect year-end wallet troubles, which was bad timing for these to be shipping in Nov/Dec for some (holidays, family comes first, etc).
In the end, a decent little selection sits right now (even Golds). It's open season, first come first served, if anybody is interested.
Hit our home page, simply go from there. I'll be doing a few posts here tonight to make folks aware.
KEVIN

Holy sh*t, the Fathom playfields are already gone?!? That didn't take long. Can't wait for my plastic set to arrive. The WCS ones that I got last year looked and installed great, nice work.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Holy sh*t, the Fathom playfields are already gone?!? That didn't take long. Can't wait for my plastic set to arrive. The WCS ones that I got last year looked and installed great, nice work.

They were available for about 12 hours... I don't think they had many left. They supposedly made less than 40 of them for this run.

#276 3 years ago

Truly bummed out that I didn't get an email from you folks, I'd requested to be put on notification for overrun and or back stock.

Quoted from KevinCPR:

CPR ANNOUNCEMENT:
KEVIN

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Truly bummed out that I didn't get an email from you folks, I'd requested to be put on notification for overrun and or back stock.

Check all of your email addresses and spam folders. Confirm which account you sent the email with via your sent folder. If you did send an email the playfields were still in "Open" or "Full, Open" status and not after it had gone "Full Closed", you still have 5 days left on the clock to respond to the email you definitely would have received if you were on the aforementioned lists. If you sent it after the list was closed, you shouldn't be expecting an email as I don't think they have time to file a flood of emails from people wanting to line up (hence the system they put in place with an exact quantity of pre-orders AND standbys).

At this point CPR is a fine-tuned machine. Sure, it may not be the way folks want it to be, but it's what works for those who run this great service in their free time. I don't see them messing lists up.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Check your spam, my email for the Elektra plastics was nowhere to be found until I looked in spam folder. I thought I wasn't sent an email also, but there it was! Fucking email app does this shit all the time.

#279 3 years ago

Darnit... missed out again. Guess I need to set up some kind of Fathom playfield alert system.

#280 3 years ago

Fathom and Centaur have by far been the most re-run playfields CPR has ever produced. I have a feeling there will be more to come

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Fathom and Centaur have by far been the most re-run playfields CPR has ever produced. I have a feeling there will be more to come

Yeah, and there will still be people everywhere trying to sell them for 1200-1400, trying to convince the masses that it's a great deal. From my experience, patience typically pays off when dealing with the pinball hobby. Problem is, no one seems to have any!

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yeah, and there will still be people everywhere trying to sell them for 1200-1400, trying to convince the masses that it's a great deal. From my experience, patience typically pays off when dealing with the pinball hobby. Problem is, no one seems to have any!

"No patience, plenty of money!" -Pinball 2016

I'm just happy the impulsive folks ended up passing when their turn came. It was hard to choose between a Centaur & Fathom because I couldn't drop that much cash on future projects, but I've already had the thrill/agony of a Centuar swap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 17.00
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside