Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1257 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    200 (resized).png
    cockroach (resized).jpg
    P9309018 (resized).JPG
    P9309014 (resized).JPG
    P9309012 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do Mirco's and Peter's playfields also exhibit these clear coat issues?

There are a bunch of pics of this forum where the clear has lifted the paint off the playfield on AFM

#33 7 years ago

The only time I saw something like that on a few different playfields was when a guy that owns a restaurant had both Wizard and Silverball Mania repros all shrinky looking. They were stored out of the box laying longwise on edge in his office.

I was asking about humidity, sunlight, heat, and chemicals

He paused before saying "no" to chemicals.

Of course, no one is going to admit to having their house or restaurant sprayed for cockroaches.

After a little more prodding, he said he has the place sprayed monthly.

That's the only thing we could think of, nothing else seemed unusual.

After putting new clear on them, they are both smooth as glass and installed in his employee breakroom.

cockroach (resized).jpgcockroach (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I still have a cpr cyclone and firepower where the inserts poped out thru the clear. If you reasearch it, I am sure there is something on it. You were giving refunds. No hammer and pipe was needed just time. when I mentioned it above I didnt mean actually sinking. I was just describing the effect in the 2 mins it took to write my post. I could either make my posts so dang long people wont make it thru the whole thing when it is about them, Or I can make sure every sentence cant be spun around. If you read the first post I wrote to the guy who asked the original question, I suggested waiting a while. if it looks good in a couple months, its all good. If anyone thinks I was trying to get work by crap talking cpr, they are wrong. CPR pays for my hooker addiction. I love cpr, although "we all love ron" I just dont like kevin or stu.
    Now I feel embarrased to be a part of this. Fighting like this is just dirty.

Sheesh...lol

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

What's the *correct* (and proper?) way to store playfields? On their back, flat? On their sides? Hanging up vertically? (I don't mean for display, I'm meaning in case some curing needs to occur..)

I don't know how Kevin does it, but I screw rails to the BACK of the playfields and then stand them up totally vertical.

The rails keep them from bowing, and allow air to flow around them.

I know another restorer who stands them up on their sides with the rails on the back. That seems fine too.

1 week later
    #69 7 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Hey vid, I don't have any spare rails from other pins... any suggestions on what I can use to keep the playfield from bowing as it cures?
    Thanks for any advice!

Take some good quality plywood scrap (like 3/4" Baltic Birch), rip some 1.5" wide lengths.

If you know anyone who claims to be a "woodworker", they will have a ton of thin scrap saved for moments like these.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Has anyone put Mylar on the shooter lane before installing, to prevent excess wear? Anyone sell pre-cut pcs?

I always do.

You don't need pre-cut, just look at the path the ball takes when it enters the lane.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bronze-what-to-expect?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.