Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1257 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    200 (resized).png
    cockroach (resized).jpg
    P9309018 (resized).JPG
    P9309014 (resized).JPG
    P9309012 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riptor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

I have several CPR playfields and here is my experience.
    First off, none of these were bought straight from CPR. I bought them well after the production run was over. I think that is important as in all cases the clear had ample time to cure.
    1. Silverball mania. This playfield was hideous. It was most likely sold as a second and not intended for resale. The clear looked like that FT shown in this post but much worse. I leveled it and polished it out to look like glass. All good for a couple weeks and then it all came back! Not nearly as bad as before but no longer smooth as glass. Im guessing an issue with the clearcoat application. Possibly bad ratio on the activator?
    2. Xenon. I bought this as a gold however there are no markings to indicate grade. May have been before they started marking them. Anyways, it looked great other than some minor shrinking of the clear coat which is to be expected once the clear cures. A few hours of sanding and buffing and it looks awesome.
    3. Bad Cats. Absolutely perfect in every way right out of the box. Ready to install in my opinion.
    4. Black Knight. Same as Bad Cats

Basically if you install a freshly cleared playfield its a crap shoot. More than likely you will see some sort of shrinkage or worse. One way to minimize this is more thinner coats vs a couple heavy ones. The proper way would be to clear it and let it cure then sand and spray a final coat of clear. Hmmm, this is pretty much what kruzman does. Not cost effective in a production environment...unless you want these things to cost over a grand each. Sure CPR could offer a premium service like this but why since Kruzman already does?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Riptor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bronze-what-to-expect?tu=Riptor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.