Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1257 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
    200 (resized).png
    cockroach (resized).jpg
    P9309018 (resized).JPG
    P9309014 (resized).JPG
    P9309012 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand what to expect from a "Bronze" quality CPR playfield. From you guys who bought bronze, what defect did you get?

When you order from CPR, any chance to know prior what are going to be the defect for a the particular playfield they would be sending you?

#3 7 years ago

So I tell them I'm interested, they send me pictures of a few examples with different defect, and I pick the one I want?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

The same thing you'll get when you buy a gold. So buy the bronze since its cheaper and send it to Kruzman to fix it correctly and to clear it to of course. You'll be doing it no matter which one you buy, at least from my experience that is.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

How much this cost in addition to an already brand new playfield? (plus I'm from Canada) See, unless you want collector quality I'm not sure it's worth it? I heard his work his fantastic but it goes against buying a new clearcoated playfield doesn't it?

#7 7 years ago

I like that they can show you the defects with pictures first though.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Kruz for clearing that up. Something to think about. Cheers man!

#12 7 years ago

2 things: would I be better off sending my original playfield to Ron for restoration?

And to put that topic back on track, what kind of flaws/defect to expect on a "bronze" playfield? For those who got one, any pictures or testimonials?

#18 7 years ago

Good feedback everyone!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Here is my "testimonial".

Thanks, good info!

1 week later
    #24 7 years ago

In your example, should those insert left alone and clear added to level or should the inserts be leveled before doing re-clear?

#25 7 years ago

Also, why is the wood grain showing so much? Looks almost like planking.

#26 7 years ago

BTW, I got a Fish Tales CPR bronze coming in tomorrow and I heard good things from other buyers about this run. I'll definitely store it for a while before touching it (have no time anyway).

It was recommended to store flat, not against a wall or on its side like you do.

#29 7 years ago

So sorry about the proportion this has taken.

Everyone is in good faith here I'm sure.

#41 7 years ago

To my original question, I guess "bronze" is pretty damn good nonetheless. Every playfield is different and only wanted a few customers input who bought bronze to describe what they got and if they feel they are worth the discount.

1 month later
    #76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bagdad:

So... what's the verdict?

Got my playfield, as described. I talked to Kevin and he was very easy to deal with. I'm a happy camper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bronze-what-to-expect?tu=Plumonium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.