• Latest reply 9 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34tbgnc.jpg
st protovsprod.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

Hey Zit;

What guy hasn't looked at their Star Trek and thought, “Now why didn't Bally just illuminate those nacelles?” CPR did too and apparently, so did you.

When CPR decided way back in 2012 to make the Star Trek PF, Stu and I “both” had the almost the same idea, “This time she’ll have NACELLE LIGHTS!” Now, to be honest, my idea was to just add the two inserts and allow the guys to mod them as they saw fit, which I assumed was to be just GI lights or maybe small 3 LED chase lights you see on promo tags etc. Stu, being Stu, wanted something more....much more. He spent a LONG time coming up with what he did and I think it’s very cool.

I looked briefly and cannot see where you demonstrated your mod with video "before 2012" so I doubt you had anything to copy until about the same time we did. This has been in development for a very long time. I have been after Stu for many months to post a video but he’s been working to change up the sequence and triggers etc and has gone through countless versions of the software that drives this thing. Even after it was ready to show, he wouldn't post anything until I sent him inserts so he could build a realistic mock up. These could have been ready to show in late 2013 but there was no sense as the playfield was still a long way off. As for the timing.... I had Stu show the video because I wanted to have him stop tweaking it. There were and are no sinister motives... The playfields were cut months and months ago and when it came time to starting the screening process it was only logical that I had Stu stop tweaking the crap outta this and show everyone, including me, what he's been working on for so long.

Your wording of “unlicensed” in your posts seems to indicate that you have gone ahead and applied for a patent or something for this. Again if you have a patent pending filing before 2012 then maybe we do owe you an apology but I don't think a patent would ever be issued for something as broad as this. We did not take this idea from you, it’s an idea that many many people have had when they played Star Trek, the only difference is that CPR has the ability to make ideas like this a reality on a bigger scale.

If you feel somehow slighted then I do apologize for making you feel this way but I simply don’t see how we “owe” you anything.

Mike Purcell

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bally-star-trek-playfield-mod?tu=cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.