Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

34tbgnc.jpg
st protovsprod.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

And...
Black Knight silver ed. pf
Xenon gold ed. pf
Space Shuttle 30th anniv. ed. pf
Centaur white ed. pf

Xenon playfield with 2 added bulb holes cut under the tube ramp
PinBot Mini Playfield "Bling Edition" with mirrored bits
DE Playboy 35th Anni mirrored plastics (instead of original gold)
Mirrored Centaur backglass
Black Knight playfields w/ starburst inserts (didn't really have a choice - no jewelled)
TZ Powerfields with the "Flip Here" removed
Mirrored Whirlwind backglass
BoP Face Cube w/ permanent cemented ball guides (instead of original bolt-on)
CFTBL Speaker Panels with mirrored cars and light mask layer on back
BK plastics with return lane guides gargoyles flipped rightside up (original is upside down)
Mirrored Centaur plastics

I had forgotten a lot of the ones people are listing. There were more times than I thought where we deviated from original in order to make (what we believed) was a pimp-up or improvement to something.

Take it easy on Zitt, guys. He was being honest in his feelings, and with new recent communication (here and in private email) I think he has learned a whole lot more since his initial post. I have not a single doubt in my mind he genuinely thought we stole his idea of making LED animated nacelles on the ST playfield, thus he felt trounced. As everybody knows, we have always been forthcoming giving due credit for any contributors of all kinds. Our site is filled with credit for all things everywhere. I think the only retail site in pinball that does such a thing - right in the listing(s) for starters. Had Zitt's idea truly been the catalyst that brought us to thinking up that mod, we would CERTAINLY have given credit where credit is due. We also would have reached out for circuit design help from him.

X-Pin could tell you - we've been "from scratch" on this thing since day one. They started with a complete blank slate.

Anyway, no drama. Zitt's M.U. machine is AMAZING, and having seen his thread for the first time only since he linked it above, my jaw is still on the floor. Nixie displays? Are you freaking KIDDING me ??? Wow. Just wow.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#28 5 years ago

PS: The Wayback Machine is your friend

May 25, 2013:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130525081817/http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

I wish there was an earlier 2013 snapshot, but there you have it. The ST playfield preorder had the public msg of our animated LED nacelles since the preorder Inbox was opened (early 2013). About 1 year, 4 months ago+

Zitt's first reveal (ever) of his animated LED nacelle board to the public was 8 months ago (according to PinSide):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball/page/4#post-1314417

#38 5 years ago

No ignore lists, guys. I'm simply never on here much. You can always check to see I'm not logged on. I just happened to come back today to check how things went in this thread. All my mind has been on re:PinSide was the Zitt thing. Frankly, breezed by Gatecrasher's question a day ago. My bad. I suspect Stu was the same way, and considered this thread concluded and may not have checked back either, and he's on here every day.

So I'll take a crack at the question(s).

Plastics re-run. I'm pretty sure we're going to cram in a re-run. It's logical. I want to. Everybody seems to be sold out. Playfields spurn newfound interest for plastics. It's definitely a period when guys finally consider giving up on their old plastics - when they know that swap is coming.

Backglass re-run. Likely not immediately. Meaning not at playfield time. But it certainly is another potential re-run on our list of past glasses, because it's seemingly sold out everywhere too.

Blue. That was me. I was attempting to form a "trilogy" over time, where the CPR (proto) backglass, CPR plastics, and CPR playfield would more "match" in the end. Once all three were in, say, one machine. That blue tone on the proto glass (not nearly as "pale" as on the stock glass) influenced my pull of the blue on our proto/stock plastics set somewhat in that more toned direction. It's amazing what only 5% more Process Blue C can do in an ink blend. I probably could have stopped at 3% in retrospect. The hope was always, of course, that eyes & brains forget colors when old parts are thrown away, and adopt the new ones as the parts come out. Of course the change looks stark when in a side-by-side comparison, so I can't win there. Unless folks were mixing repro/original pieces on their machine, I wasn't worried about such a difference ever being visible. But with the playfield coming, that final blue on the playfield needs to be pretty much what people expect. If the blue is going to be "freshened" on the playfield, I won't have the leeway by much. 1% shift or less. To make up for 30 years of fade/dulling, and that's it. When the plastics DO get re-run, I will likely take the opportunity of that rare second attempt to take the blue back in the OTHER direction, to marry better with the repro playfield. I want these CPR parts to all "speak to each other" as parts in the same machine. So believe me, all this is on my mind. There isn't much, if any, room to tinker with the playfield blue people are so used to. So it may end up becoming the new benchmark, and I'll have to say "frig it" to the CPR proto backglass blue. A backglass is important, but not as important as everything matching as best as possible under the playfield glass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside