Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7419.JPG
20170312_141646_resized (resized).jpg
SB (resized).jpg
preorder-conf (resized).JPG
skateballhomepage (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Just an announcement that the CPR Skateball playfields are now coming out of clearcoat, thus the release begins.

A gallery has been posted here:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo194.html

As always, we will be emailing the Preorder group in waves. That means 25-30 emails go out a week, to allow orderly payment and shipping, until every Preorder respondent has been parsed. This will take about 3 weeks.

Then we move onto the Waiting List folks, for any leftovers or extras available at the end. They get about 2 weeks to finish up.

Then if there are any leftovers after all that, they go public for general sales on our web site.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

skateballhomepage (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

is it bad that I can not remember if i preorder for this or not....

I hope I did. If not, can I get on the waitlist still?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ha! this is of those that I know I didn't, but kinda wish I did. With ~10 preorders placed this past year I ought to lay off the sauce anyhow....

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton,

You didn't have a Preorder in, but you are on the Waiting List from your signup October 19, 2016. We'll see what happens for abandonments this run... most runs the last 2 years have been over 40% no-shows... and the entire Waiting List got served. So history may work in your favor.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Hilton,
You didn't have a Preorder in, but you are on the Waiting List from your signup October 19, 2016. We'll see what happens for abandonments this run... most runs the last 2 years have been over 40% no-shows... and the entire Waiting List got served. So history may work in your favor.

thanks for the confirmation!

On deck is a good place to be

Surprised so many no shows still with the new rules. I wont bail on you guys.

#6 2 years ago

Woohoo, can't wait to order. My playfield is tore up! And it's my favorite pin!

#7 2 years ago

Fingers crossed that my standby list order: of SKATEBALL Standby List
Priority: Normal Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:31 PM Size: 667 Bytes

Comes thru!! Game is ready for restoration.

#8 2 years ago

I'd almost forgotten that CPR sends a nice confirmation email when you preorder, like this:

preorder-conf (resized).JPG

#9 2 years ago

Time to dust off the skateboard. Love me some Skateball

#10 2 years ago

With only so many NOS Bally Skateball playfields to go around, I'm sure this will be the next best thing!

SB (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

Just sent my payment in for this one! Thanks again CPR for keeping the old games alive.

#12 2 years ago

Kevin, thanks for all you guys do. I know I'm on the list and looking forward to getting this, but after looking at the pictures I was a bit concerned about the colors being off from the originals. Is that just the lighting and the photos or is there an actualy difference? I specifically noticed it in the greens and blues. Regardless I'm sure they are a great product and definitely better than whatever is sitting in 99% of the games out there.

1 week later
#13 2 years ago

Is there anyone doing a CPR Skateball playfield swap and their old playfield is half-way decent? I just picked up a major project of a Skateball and the playfield is pretty blown out. I don't want to stick a ton of money into the game, as I also need to find a backglass and all of the circuit boards (except the power supply). I'm in Wisconsin and will be at the MGC in a few weeks if anyone has a deal to work out.

20170312_141646_resized (resized).jpg

#14 2 years ago

Anybody received theirs yet? I'm anxiously awaiting my email.

#15 2 years ago

Mine should be in my hands in a little over a week. I'll report back

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anybody received theirs yet? I'm anxiously awaiting my email.

hoping lots of people pass so I get one

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Is there anyone doing a CPR Skateball playfield swap and their old playfield is half-way decent? I just picked up a major project of a Skateball and the playfield is pretty blown out. I don't want to stick a ton of money into the game, as I also need to find a backglass and all of the circuit boards (except the power supply). I'm in Wisconsin and will be at the MGC in a few weeks if anyone has a deal to work out.

I did a playfield swap on Skateball about ten years ago, might still have the old playfield in storage somewhere. Not sure of the condition so I will take a look in the next week or so and get back to you.

#18 2 years ago

Should arrive Monday for me.

#19 2 years ago

Still waiting for my email!!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I did a playfield swap on Skateball about ten years ago, might still have the old playfield in storage somewhere. Not sure of the condition so I will take a look in the next week or so and get back to you.

Thanks, Brian, let me know what you find. Are you going to the MGC?

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Thanks, Brian, let me know what you find. Are you going to the MGC?

No plans for any pinball shows in the near future.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Still waiting for my email!!

Still waiting on mine too. Hopefully it's not to far away.

3 weeks later
#24 2 years ago

Anybody heard from CPR lately? I got my purchase email on March 1st and paid for the playfields on March 2nd. The playfields show that shipping label was created on 3/13/17, but the playfields have not moved since then. I have contacted CPR a couple of times over the last two weeks and have not received a response. I have probably bought a dozen playfields, three or fore backglasses, and probably 30 plastic sets and have never had a problem.

#25 2 years ago

Yes, Kevin has been out of town. He is still waiting on getting playfields back from the clearcoater but said he expects them back any day now.

#26 2 years ago

hoping they make it doen the waitlist to me

#27 2 years ago

I got my shipping notification today so mine's on its way.

1 week later
#28 2 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

I got my shipping notification today so mine's on its way.

Same

#29 2 years ago

Same here......well, yesterday.

#30 2 years ago

ALL HAIL CPR !

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Same here......well, yesterday.

you all getting Gold or are the preorders all taken and they are up to shipping silver?

#32 2 years ago

Silver

#33 2 years ago

interested in finding CPR Gold playfield for sale.

#34 2 years ago

I'm looking to buy a decent used Skateball playfield. I have a beater of a game and a completely blown out playfield, so if someone is doing a playfield swap and has a decent playfield they want to sell, PM me.

#35 2 years ago

I'm super happy with my gold PF. The registration and insert alignment are the best I've ever seen, perfect. There are a few tiny flecks above the rollovers that will be mostly invisible during gameplay. The purple looks good, and the details and colors look great! Nice work, guys. My iPhone pic doesn't do justice to this beautiful work of art.

IMG_7419.JPG

BTW the glitch above the 3 yellow arrows is a bad light reflection, not a defect.

3 weeks later
#36 2 years ago

Has anyone on the standby list been contacted?

1 week later
#37 1 year ago

I was on the standby list and got an email about it. I bought a bronze. That's all they had left. I got it a few weeks ago. It's not perfect, but still very nice.

1 month later
#38 1 year ago

I would like to buy somebody's CPR repro playfield if they are not going to use it. Please contact me.
Erik

4 weeks later
#39 1 year ago

I am no longer looking for a cpr playfield for skateball.

#40 1 year ago

I'd love to find a Skateball CPR Gold playfield. Let me know if you have one for sale.

3 months later
#42 1 year ago

Does anyone have one available for sale? Please PM me

Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside