Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tf.gif
    Barb_Gallery-1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Someone should re-theme World Poker Tour into a good World Poker Tour.

Did someone say my name? My thread has been inactive for a long time, but I still want to do it, and have been drawing other things in vector, improving my skills, learning a bit of python....but mere survival has been taking precedence over flippant hobbies...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whenever-its-done-voltron-a-wpt-retheme

CPR's prices are... frankly...I don't know how long it would be before I could afford it.

Keep in mind there are a LOT of costs hidden here that they are not fully disclosing in their verbiage.

Full size playfield scan on a Cruze? Tack on another 400.
    Printing out full size art so they can color match? Going to guess that's going to be another 400.
    Shipping all this crap to them? Sure, let's go ahead and guess another 400, unless you want to risk your playfield with no insurance.

IT'S NOT 2700. It's more like 4000.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

LOL.....
    Cruse Scan $ 90.00
    Full Size Color Proof $35
    Shipping Playfield to CPR $ 75
    Where the hell do get your numbers from!

The crack I'm smoking.....or the numbers I was told last time I looked into it. Like 3 years ago. I've never..ever...seen access to a cruze scanner for 90 bucks. I'm willing to admit being wrong, but still....it's more than what they're stating. Also, I was assuming for some reason they needed scans of both sides, but I'm not going to take shit for just being cautious with estimating how much something will ultimately cost. Anyone that's ever done anything themselves knows you estimate high, and if it comes in less, THEN you celebrate..lol. If it's just the top, looks like current prices around me are about 130.

"signed & dated full-size color proof print of each project" <---You think this is 35 bucks? Plastics, backglass, full cabinet art, and playfield.... at full size and in color...35 bucks? Okay. YOU'RE the one smoking crack there. I don't know how much this would be from somewhere like Kinkos or whatever, but I'm goddamn sure it's more than 35 bucks for stuff the size of playfield/cabinet when they're still charging people 2 bucks a page just to send 250k of data for a fax..lol.

Shipping.... to and from. I'd believe 75 one way. So...75 to them, and then I'm going to hazard a guess it's more for it to be shipped back if you have stuff like a backglass or two, and cabinet decals... all that stuff ain't going in the same package. So...minimum that's 150.

We're still talking like another 350+ of cost that's not accounted for....not to mention however much their "playfield architecture" costs, which they don't say either.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from hepgeek:

Have they published details on the format / specifics of the art files needed for printing? Specifics / restrictions on the colors capable by their printer?
    I’ve been slowly plodding towards a retheme, but this new offering will kick into high gear.

Most of that stuff is on the 'process' page, yes.

#52 4 years ago

CPR I just wanted to add that I didn't make my post because I disagreed with your prices, or really anything on your site, I just wanted to point out that there were/are possible costs that by nature, you guys don't control, and people should plan for additional costs, not just assume it will be the lowest possible amount. I look forward to hopefully using your service if I can ever get back to working on my project...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-announces-new-rethemeing-custom-shop?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.