Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinballer73
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Diner1 (resized).jpg
Diner2 (resized).jpg
Diner3 (resized).jpg
Diner4 (resized).jpg
Diner5 (resized).jpg
glas-diner02 (resized).jpg
glas-diner01 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

ANNOUNCEMENT:

On the heels of the Pin*Bot translite conversion from last month, our next instalment of this mission is the DINER backglass.

Consider it a mod, or consider it a complete replacement - it's Diner's translite turned into a "real" backglass (tempered glass panel, reverse-silkscreened in true layered inks, and original light masks are in place). Stu's mirror creations have been incorporated, adding tasteful and cool accents to the classic watercolor painting layout of the translite artwork.

Color densities of the genuine layered inks give a nice contrast and extended dynamic range to the colors (blacker blacks, whiter whites) and our new inks (chemically made for glass production) are proving to really hold up to being brightly backlit with virtually NO 'washout' to the colors.

Available and shipping now. Found in the Backglass section of our website Store.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

glas-diner01 (resized).jpg
glas-diner02 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I could have sworn the Diner I used to own had a real backglass.
Oh well.

#3 3 years ago

I will buy one when the Playfield's are ready to go.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks CPR! Been looking to replace my translite for quite sometime. Order sent!!

#5 3 years ago

Very nice!!

#6 3 years ago

Any chance you will do this for whirlwind?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Any chance you will do this for whirlwind?

They did do it for whirlwind, and it honestly didn't look so great. I stuck with my translite.

#9 3 years ago

Would anyone have a good translite they'd be willing to sell once they get the backglass - mine's very ordinary

#10 3 years ago

Just ordered mine....

Thanks CPR for doing this.

2 weeks later
#11 3 years ago

Has anyone received one of these yet? What's your review of it?

I'm interested in getting one, but would like some other's feedback.

#12 3 years ago

I received mine yesterday. It's beautiful!

Stu did a fantastic job...as usual.

This is my 1st backglass purchase from CPR. I was a bit surprised it's 1/8 inch thick. I was expecting thicker.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I received mine yesterday. It's beautiful!
Stu did a fantastic job...as usual.
This is my 1st backglass purchase from CPR. I was a bit surprised it's 1/8 inch thick. I was expecting thicker.

Could you post a side by side comparison of the backglass to your original translight? I'm interested in getting one but want to make sure that I'd like it first.

#14 3 years ago

I wish I could. My Diner is buried behind about 20 pins.

Sorry

#15 3 years ago

Hopefully someone will. I'm keen to see the comparison myself.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Hopefully someone will. I'm keen to see the comparison myself.

If my Diner back glass arrives today as scheduled, I'll be sure to post a comparison!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

If my Diner back glass arrives today as scheduled, I'll be sure to post a comparison!

Thank you. Looking forward to that.

#18 3 years ago

Alas, due to the much needed rain we have recently had this week here in the Bay Area, UPS shipping got delayed. The new Diner back glass is scheduled to arrive sometime on Monday. I'll post pics after installing!!

#19 3 years ago

Finally got the Diner back glass delivered late this afternoon. Took comparison pics from the translite to the CPR back glass. Everything looks dead on with little color difference. On my old translite I had a crack running threw the moon, this was one of the reasons I made the purchase. All and all very happy!

Diner5 (resized).jpg

Diner4 (resized).jpg

Diner3 (resized).jpg

Diner2 (resized).jpg

Diner1 (resized).jpg

#20 3 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry, top 2 photos new back glass, bottom 3 old translite. Very little difference in my opinion, except for some mirrored borders and no more cracked moon!!

#21 3 years ago

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 21.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside