Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I am thinking about making the 45 min drive up to CP Pinball in a few weeks. From the people who have been there, what are your thoughts/reviews?

#2 10 years ago

CP pinball is horrible.

Totally not worth the 45 min drive.

I've been going 1-2 times a month since it opened.... for like a half decade now. Back when it was 1 room & the newest pin was BDK? My how it's changed!

The cost is $15 for a 6 hour bender of $250,000.00 of pins plus some multicades, a juke & it's BYOB/Food friendly too. There are 2 bathrooms, a fridge, soda machine, places to sit & anything you'd want to eat/drink is just 5 min away too. I grab Chinese, pizza, Jimmy Johns or etc every time.

Some of the regulars are very cool, some are weird... Not sure where I place

Anyway I drive in from an hour away almost every open weekend. The owner does it for the love of the game & the staff are awesome. The regulars are a great bunch of guys & we often compete with one another or just talk shop/smack. Often you will see a repair done on the spot too which is cool to watch.

C'mon down tomorrow. He just fixed up a huge Hercules!

There's something new in the rotation every time I go.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a lot of fun. I was planning on making the trip on August 9th as I had a wisdom teeth surgery this weekend and a golf tournament next weekend, so I won't be able to make it before then.

I assume there is always a machine open since they have so many?

#4 10 years ago

Amazing place. If i lived 45 minutes away i wouldn't need a pinball collection. i'd still have one, but i wouldn't NEED it because CP's is just so great. All the games i played were in great shape, too.

Fell in love with Iron Man there because i finally played one that was set up right and working 100%.

Have fun, you'll be back.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballer0415:

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a lot of fun. I was planning on making the trip on August 9th as I had a wisdom teeth surgery this weekend and a golf tournament next weekend, so I won't be able to make it before then.
    I assume there is always a machine open since they have so many?

Be sure to confirm CP is open that weekend.

As for the number of people vs machines... Worry not, something is always open. Sometimes that place is jammin, other times its wide open. Busy nights have a fun energy & the slow nights are almost like a private rental.

Quoted from joelreeves:

Amazing place. If i lived 45 minutes away i wouldn't need a pinball collection. i'd still have one, but i wouldn't NEED it because CP's is just so great. All the games i played were in great shape, too.
    Fell in love with Iron Man there because i finally played one that was set up right and working 100%.
    Have fun, you'll be back.

+1

When Chuck finally gets tired of letting the world play his collection I will have to buy more machines for sure. I get sad thinking about missing out on all those games & the comradery of my fellow pinball peers

#6 10 years ago

Chuck is a great guy. My wife is driving back to Detroit from Oklahoma City. She stopped just a few miles short of CPPinball though and instead played at Ameristar in St. Charles last night. I suspect she spent more than fifteen bucks though. She asked if CP Pinball had any video poker or slots (Like some other pinball clubs may have, wink-wink) When I said probably not, she said "maybe next time" if I'm with her.

#7 10 years ago

It's worth the 5 hour drive to me, this post has me thinking about going next week.

#8 10 years ago

CP Pinball is one of a kind.
    I was just there helping Chuck tune up some games last night and got some game play in as well.

Folks talk about other venues, like Shorty's in Seattle (which I've been to), but CP is tops. Chuck is a true pinhead who knows not only how a game should play, but knows how to tune them so that they all play great.

Pay a visit. If I'm there, say hi. I'll be the guy with my head under a playfield...
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#9 10 years ago

They hav a gottlieb Arena now to, so you couldnt ask for anything more

#10 10 years ago

You will not be disappointed. Cool people, great place. The games are in good shape too. Which considering how many there are is a feat in itself.

#11 10 years ago

If it was only 45 mins away from me I would be there every weekend it was open. Great lineup and the pins are all kept in nice condition.

#12 10 years ago

Anyone know if they have received their WOZ yet?

#13 10 years ago

My wife and I made our first trip up there Sunday. Well worth the three hour drive. I'm not sure who I ended up talking to, but I ended up palling around with one of the guys who helps out up there and helped out a little bit myself.

The two guys I work with want to go next time, but that means we'd have to shut down for a day lol

I didn't see a WOZ up there as of Sunday.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballer0415:

Anyone know if they have received their WOZ yet?

No

JJP hasn't even shipped a full truckload yet & the few that are out there are very incomplete/buggy. It will be some time before that game is playable as intended.

CP has everything else however & then some.

You can view open dates & updates on the website www.CpPinball.com where he answers the common questions like "do you have WOz, are you getting Metallica" & etc as well.

His game list is not up to date however since the lineups are always changing. With 75 games though & all the A listers you'd be hard pressed to not shit your pants when walking in the door

#15 10 years ago

It's a great place for Pinball. If you go often enough you will get over the pants-shitting when you walk through the door.

#16 10 years ago

You'll be hard pressed to find many places in the entire country that are better than CP Pinball to enjoy some great games.

Without question, if you can get there, you'd be crazy not to.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#17 10 years ago

I had a chance to visit about two years ago...and I came from Los Angeles! (ok, I did have some other work to do in the vicinity I've forgotten about...)

Highest recommendation for anyone passing anywhere near STL when CP is open...and anyone anywhere else who loves the game!

Thanks, Chuck!

#18 10 years ago

There's no doubt I'm going in August, just was curious if they had that machine in yet. Thanks for the posts.

3 weeks later
    #19 10 years ago

Just got back home from CP Pinball for the first time. Def as good as advertised. They have every machine imaginable and all in great working condition. The staff was very nice and the atmosphere was great. Will be going back soon.

3 weeks later
    #20 10 years ago

Counting the days till CP pinball is open again. 7 days If ever in the st Louis area this is must go even if you only think pinball is kind of fun. Chuck takes great care of these machines and they all behave then selves for the most part but when you have this many pinball machines spanning 3 buildings 1 or 2 can be down is not a big deal in my eyes. Minor problems ie stuck/lost ball chucks on right away as soon he's told. I like to see more Em pinballs myself.

I guess much like everyone here at Pinside we suffer this permanent affliction and the only cure is more pinball.

#21 10 years ago

I definitely would love to go!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cp-pinball-reviews and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.