Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Greetings? Who uses CP-100? Seems like(based on the label) one of the few Cleaner/Polishes designated specifically for Pinball machines. (Unlike car care products that use can also us on a play field).

#2 10 years ago

I know some people that use this to clean their playfields. I have a few bottles, but I haven't used it on a playfield yet. I'd be curious to see what others have to say about this. Seems somewhat unproven...

#3 10 years ago

It works great on dirty flipper rubber, and white rubber on a route game or any game you want to clean up really quickly.

I have tried it on very dirty mylar and it cleaned it very well. I think there are better products for cleaning games but it works well if you have 6 mins to clean a game.

#4 10 years ago

CP100 is a great rubber cleaner for sure. It also does a great job at cleaning up ball trails and light dirt. If the dirt is heavy then you will need something abrasive like Novus or Millwax. I wouldn't use CP100 on Mylar as CP100 is a great adhesive remover. CP100 is also not meant for playfield cleaning on non-clearcoated/non-diamondplated playfields. Remember also that CP100 needs "buffed" off after it has been applied.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Good info!

#6 10 years ago

I pretty much only use it for cleaning rubbers. I've heard it can be hard on a playfield, so I haven't risked trying it on one.

#7 10 years ago

Definitely a product I would recommend, great on rubbers.

I've used it on a few playfields and haven't seen any damage, but I have yet to use it on older game to see if that's the case.

#8 10 years ago

So I am getting great on rubber. Anyone used on play field? Interesting that it is a liquid but says contains no water?

#9 10 years ago

I've been using CP-100 for close to 14 years now. Very happy with the results, especially on white rubber. I use it on the playfield to maintain the shine after I shop it with Novus. 4 of the six machines I have have been in my collection for over 8 years. The playfields still look great. Scott.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

So I am getting great on rubber. Anyone used on play field? Interesting that it is a liquid but says contains no water?

Uh....

Why would something have to contain water to be a liquid?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

I've been using CP-100 for close to 14 years now. Very happy with the results, especially on white rubber. I use it on the playfield to maintain the shine after I shop it with Novus. 4 of the six machines I have have been in my collection for over 8 years. The playfields still look great. Scott.

I agree I have been using it since the early 90's. Great product for cleaning the playfield also using a terry cloth rag and attached to a pipe cleaner it does well to clean the hidden ramps and areas hidden by other parts.

#12 10 years ago

This stuff rocks for cleaning rubber. Have used on play fields in the past but not lately two newest machines have Mylars didn't want to lift them. I figured it would so i never tried it have cleaned some dirty plastic with is before.

11 months later
    #13 9 years ago

Reviving this old thread. Surprised there isn't more reviews of this product on Pinside (or the internet for that matter). I just bought some of this and used to clean my WH20 playfield. ( http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CP-100 ).

It really seemed to work great, but maybe a little too good. Now the ball plays faster than a greased turd. I noticed on the bottle it says it is petroleum based. Any issue with this? Anyone else use this product to clean pf specifically?

#14 9 years ago

Just an FYI:

http://www.geminitec.com/complete-appliance-cleaner.html

It is primarily naphtha:

http://www.geminitec.com/uploads/1/3/9/7/13977043/solution_cp-100.pdf

And yes, naphtha works great for cleaning rubber by itself. So if your main intent to is clean rubber, go to the hardware store and pick up some naptha.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Anyone else use this product to clean pf specifically?

I use Naphtha to strip all the wax off of playfields before I clearcoat them.

Works great.

#16 9 years ago

CP100 smells nice too

#17 9 years ago

Funny -
    Someone mentioned that it's an adhesive remover..

And it is. I used it many times on PFs to remove old Mylar!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cp-100-do-you-use-and-for-what?hl=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.