Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Just_One_of_Those_Days_002_001.jpg
    Picture_029.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

NimblePin sent me a pic of a DMD showing a couple of cows. What game is that? Isn't there some game with cows on the PF also?

#2 12 years ago

Look on your Taxi, it has a cow riding in the sidecar. Many of the Williams games have cows in them as a running joke.

#3 12 years ago

Never saw that before on the right return lane. Thanks!

#4 12 years ago

my shadow has cows that come out on the dmd , allso my dirty harry has a mode called meet the mob and wheen the ball drains with body armer the mob turns to cows ..lol

#5 12 years ago

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from wbradley:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach

If only we had a color DMD or an LCD screen on our pins this wouldn't be a problem..

#9 12 years ago

It was from SS cowman...
    Get a high score and put "MOO" as your initials.

#10 12 years ago

AFM RFM and shadow oh and blackrose I think also

#11 12 years ago

Scared stiff for sure and white water on the big foot hot food awards. ".....A cow? MOOOOO."

#12 12 years ago

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.
    Russ

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from wbradley:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

Ok ,, I hardly ever get to see it, Usually show's up during a multi-ball mode .. Thanxx for clarifying that 4-me...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.

Funny, but aren't any other pins that have that secret feature?

#15 12 years ago

I500 has a "moooo" sound clip. Not sure if it includes an animation. Also has the "move your car" line.

#16 12 years ago

I500 has a cow in the background behind the farmer in the "Wrong turn" mode. It also moos loudly if you enter "MOO" for your initials.

DW randomly moos and shows a cow dressed as one of the doctors if you hit the transmat target without having enough transmat power.

AFM has a cow decal on one of the ramps and it also has a very funny cow video mode.

#17 12 years ago

Hurricane has a random cow that comes up every once in a while after you make a ramp shot.

#18 12 years ago

I can vouch for the Scared Stiff cows on the DMD. Hit both flipper buttons, hit one flipper button three times, hit the other one 15 times, hit the other one 23 times, hit both flipper buttons once. The DMD will read "When Cows Get...Scared Stiff!" and show two cows freaking out with the MOO sound!

#19 12 years ago

Just add a credit to Fire!...Mooooo

#20 12 years ago

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from acey99:

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

Anybody collect based on cows?

#22 12 years ago

I'd bet cowman is going to try!

#23 12 years ago

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons has a cow on the playfield.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I'd bet cowman is going to try! []

I am changing my name to Pincow!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Robin! Another customer!

#26 12 years ago

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

#27 12 years ago

BBH has cows...

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

NimblePin said:I'd bet cowman is going to try! []

That would be udderly pinthetic!

#29 12 years ago

IJ has a cow on the shoot again screen.

#30 12 years ago

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

Picture_029.jpgPicture_029.jpg

#31 12 years ago

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

Revenge?

Just_One_of_Those_Days_002_001.jpgJust_One_of_Those_Days_002_001.jpg

#32 12 years ago

Moo

#34 12 years ago

WOZ is going to have a cow or cows, but not a DMD

Jack mentioned cows in the WOZ news group.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from cowman57:

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

Attachments Picture_029.jpg (214.6 KB, 0 downloads) 14 hours old

COWabunga, dude.

Does anyone go cow tipping in Wisc? They used to do it at Penn State, but I never joined in. I thought it was kinda cruel.

#36 12 years ago

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

#37 12 years ago

Not sure, but I think it has something to do with the story that a cow started the Great Chicago Fire by kicking over a kerosene lamp.

#38 12 years ago

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from cowman57:

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

Maybe you just need to see a psycowologist

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from cowman57:

There is no such thing as cow tipping.

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

You CAN leave them a few bucks after being milked, but they never pick it up....No opposing thumbs!

#43 12 years ago

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

No, didn't hear a thing. Even went into town last night, and visited my Space Shuttle, It's at my friends house in that corner of town where the booming and shaking was going on. Thought about bringing it home last! Hey we're on the internet, under Clintonville booming!

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

C&E says:

Having cows appearing in pinball games started as an internal joke for the people at Williams/Bally. The first game to include a cow was The Machine: Bride of Pinbot and the man responsible was programmer Brian Eddy (designer of The Shadow, Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness).

On the question why he replied: "Why breathe? Why Eat? Why live without cows in pinball machines?"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cows-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.