Cows & pinball

Started 2 years ago by cowman57 in forum All Pinball > All Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Cows & pinball

Nobody calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By cowman57

2 years ago

Stats

• Started 2 years ago
  • 45 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900

Posting activity (per hour)

01:00
Mar 19th
6 posts
02:00
Mar 19th
3 posts
03:00
Mar 19th
4 posts
04:00
Mar 19th
1 post
05:00
Mar 19th
1 post
06:00
Mar 19th
No posts
07:00
Mar 19th
No posts
08:00
Mar 19th
No posts
09:00
Mar 19th
No posts
10:00
Mar 19th
No posts
11:00
Mar 19th
1 post
12:00
Mar 19th
No posts
13:00
Mar 19th
No posts
14:00
Mar 19th
No posts
15:00
Mar 19th
1 post
16:00
Mar 19th
1 post
17:00
Mar 19th
1 post
18:00
Mar 19th
1 post
19:00
Mar 19th
No posts
20:00
Mar 19th
No posts
21:00
Mar 19th
No posts
22:00
Mar 19th
No posts
23:00
Mar 19th
7 posts
00:00
Mar 20th
No posts
Mar 20th
No posts
Mar 20th
1 post
Mar 20th
4 posts
Mar 20th
No posts
05:00
Mar 20th
1 post
06:00
Mar 20th
1 post
07:00
Mar 20th
No posts
08:00
Mar 20th
No posts
09:00
Mar 20th
No posts
10:00
Mar 20th
No posts
11:00
Mar 20th
No posts
12:00
Mar 20th
No posts
13:00
Mar 20th
No posts
14:00
Mar 20th
No posts
15:00
Mar 20th
No posts
16:00
Mar 20th
No posts
17:00
Mar 20th
No posts
18:00
Mar 20th
1 post
19:00
Mar 20th
No posts
20:00
Mar 20th
No posts
21:00
Mar 20th
1 post
22:00
Mar 20th
3 posts
23:00
Mar 20th
4 posts
00:00
Mar 21st
No posts
Mar 21st
No posts
Mar 21st
No posts
Mar 21st
1 post
Mar 21st
1 post

2 years, 11 months ago

NimblePin sent me a pic of a DMD showing a couple of cows. What game is that? Isn't there some game with cows on the PF also?

2 years, 11 months ago

Look on your Taxi, it has a cow riding in the sidecar. Many of the Williams games have cows in them as a running joke.

2 years, 11 months ago

Never saw that before on the right return lane. Thanks!

2 years, 11 months ago

my Shadow has cows that come out on the dmd , allso my Dirty Harry has a mode called meet the mob and wheen the ball drains with body armer the mob turns to cows ..lol

2 years, 11 months ago

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

2 years, 11 months ago
BLACK_ROSE said:

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

2 years, 11 months ago
wbradley said:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach

If only we had a color DMD or an LCD screen on our pins this wouldn't be a problem..

2 years, 11 months ago

It was from SS cowman...
Get a high score and put "MOO" as your initials.

2 years, 11 months ago

AFM RFM and Shadow oh and blackrose I think also

2 years, 11 months ago

Scared Stiff for sure and White Water on the big foot hot food awards. ".....A cow? MOOOOO."

2 years, 11 months ago

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.
Russ

2 years, 11 months ago
wbradley said:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

Ok ,, I hardly ever get to see it, Usually show's up during a multi-ball mode .. Thanxx for clarifying that 4-me...

2 years, 11 months ago
RustyLizard said:

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.

Funny, but aren't any other pins that have that secret feature?

2 years, 11 months ago

I500 has a "moooo" sound clip. Not sure if it includes an animation. Also has the "move your car" line.

2 years, 11 months ago

I500 has a cow in the background behind the farmer in the "Wrong turn" mode. It also moos loudly if you enter "MOO" for your initials.

DW randomly moos and shows a cow dressed as one of the doctors if you hit the transmat target without having enough transmat power.

AFM has a cow decal on one of the ramps and it also has a very funny cow video mode.

2 years, 11 months ago

Hurricane has a random cow that comes up every once in a while after you make a ramp shot.

2 years, 11 months ago

I can vouch for the Scared Stiff cows on the DMD. Hit both flipper buttons, hit one flipper button three times, hit the other one 15 times, hit the other one 23 times, hit both flipper buttons once. The DMD will read "When Cows Get...Scared Stiff!" and show two cows freaking out with the MOO sound!

2 years, 11 months ago

Just add a credit to Fire!...Mooooo

2 years, 11 months ago

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

2 years, 11 months ago
acey99 said:

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

Anybody collect based on cows?

2 years, 11 months ago

I'd bet cowman is going to try!

2 years, 11 months ago

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons has a cow on the playfield.

2 years, 11 months ago
NimblePin said:

I'd bet cowman is going to try! [:kidding:]

I am changing my name to Pincow!

2 years, 11 months ago
Pin_Crazed said:

Robin! Another customer!

2 years, 11 months ago

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

2 years, 11 months ago

BBH has cows...

2 years, 11 months ago
Pin_Crazed said:

NimblePin said:I'd bet cowman is going to try! [:kidding:]

That would be udderly pinthetic!

2 years, 11 months ago

IJ has a cow on the shoot again screen.

2 years, 11 months ago

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

Picture_029.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

2 years, 11 months ago

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

Revenge?

Just_One_of_Those_Days_002_001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

2 years, 11 months ago

Moo

2 years, 11 months ago

WOZ is going to have a cow or cows, but not a DMD

Jack mentioned cows in the WOZ news group.

2 years, 11 months ago
cowman57 said:

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

Attachments Picture_029.jpg (214.6 KB, 0 downloads) 14 hours old

COWabunga, dude.

Does anyone go cow tipping in Wisc? They used to do it at Penn State, but I never joined in. I thought it was kinda cruel.

2 years, 11 months ago

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

2 years, 11 months ago

Not sure, but I think it has something to do with the story that a cow started the Great Chicago Fire by kicking over a kerosene lamp.

2 years, 11 months ago

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

2 years, 11 months ago
cowman57 said:

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

2 years, 11 months ago
wesperron said:

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

Maybe you just need to see a psycowologist

2 years, 11 months ago
cowman57 said:

There is no such thing as cow tipping.

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

2 years, 11 months ago
MrWizzo said:

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

You CAN leave them a few bucks after being milked, but they never pick it up....No opposing thumbs!

2 years, 11 months ago

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

2 years, 11 months ago
RustyLizard said:

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

No, didn't hear a thing. Even went into town last night, and visited my Space Shuttle, It's at my friends house in that corner of town where the booming and shaking was going on. Thought about bringing it home last! Hey we're on the internet, under Clintonville booming!

2 years, 11 months ago
kmoore88 said:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

C&E says:

Having cows appearing in pinball games started as an internal joke for the people at Williams/Bally. The first game to include a cow was The Machine: Bride of Pinbot and the man responsible was programmer Brian Eddy (designer of The Shadow, Attack from Mars and Medieval Madness).

On the question why he replied: "Why breathe? Why Eat? Why live without cows in pinball machines?"

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.