(Topic ID: 159510)

Cows & Easter Eggs - anything since 2006?

By cooldan

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201113-182917_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Xenon_(resized).JPG
    Rollergames_bum_(resized).JPG
    GE_backglass_(resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

hey guys and gals

i expect most of you know about cows and how they happen to feature all over 90s Bally Williams games, along with a few other oddities like red buttons on backglasses, and 'DOHO' and hidden messages and secret animations etc - if not, then you're in for a treat by checking the site that holds them all in one place - http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows%26Easter.htm

it was collected / written by Torbjorn Molander, is he on here? i emailed him and maybe he will get back to me, but i thought i'd reach out to the wider current pinhead community ...... is there any collection since 2006's WPT (the last entry in Torbjorn's list that i could find, apart from a couple of very brief snips about Metallica and XMen)? ok i know that cows are probably no longer relevant, but there must be fascinating snippets somewhere on modern games? typos? people with two left feet? flipper codes? hidden messages? people on the backglass that have a backstory? other sites you may know of with similar snippets of info?

what you got? cheers peeps

1) WOZ. Sometimes a "horse of a different color" ends up being a cow - when the shot is lit white, you get the moo and the cow. so if someone can fill in the gap of how to get it lit up white, we will have a repeatable cow sighting. oh, and a screenshot, if anyone has one?

#2 7 years ago

POTC 2006 - Found here: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

The game contains a secret credits sequence accessed by a special flipper button combination. You can activate it during attract mode with the following flipper button code where 7L means hit the left flipper button 7 times, 1R means hit the right flipper button once and B means hit both flipper buttons together:

B, 7L, 1R, 1L, 1R, 13L, 1R, 1R

faz

#3 7 years ago

GOT just got an update which included a bunch of Easter Eggs.

#4 7 years ago

In one of the jack danger GB streams he did a flipper code that brought up a Deadflip animation

#5 7 years ago

following....this will be interesting...

#6 7 years ago

Sometimes in WOZ you'll collect a cow instead of a horse. I'm not exactly sure how it decides when that happens, but it's in there.

#7 7 years ago

Yep was gonna say WOZ. Sometimes a "horse of a different color" ends up being a cow.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Yep was gonna say WOZ. Sometimes a "horse of a different color" ends up being a cow.

It's when the shot is lit white, you get the moo and the cow.

#9 7 years ago

there is also a cow on the playfield of woz

#10 7 years ago

Midnight madness in GOT and Ghostbusters.
    And GB has a bunch of flipper codes.

#11 7 years ago

Nordman pointed out a bunch of things on the Whoa Nellie pf...

#12 7 years ago

great to hear that both Stern and Jack are playing along with the cow meme. so this WOZ cow is the only confirmed new one so far - i will update the top post in the thread with any new sightings, then hopefully we will also identify a location to post them to.

can someone can fill in the gap of how to get the shot lit up white?

#13 7 years ago

There is a cow-related easter egg in the ColorDMD code for NGG...

#14 7 years ago

I just remembered

On the rob zombie stream one of the callouts was "That shot is tighter than a Zombie Cheerleaders -blank-" which is a nod to the original game

its kind of an easter egg

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I just remembered
    On the rob zombie stream one of the callouts was "That shot is tighter than a Zombie Cheerleaders -blank-" which is a nod to the original game
    its kind of an easter egg

Sounds like a family friendly game!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Sounds like a family friendly game!

Depends on the family

Addams? Mason? Riddle?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from cooldan:

so this WOZ cow is the only confirmed new one so far - i will update the top post in the thread with any new sightings, then hopefully we will also identify a location to post them to.
    can someone can fill in the gap of how to get the shot lit up white?

The horses color is randomly assigned on the playfield (unless you are playing in tournament mode). You can get their color to change by putting the ball through the OZ lanes so they interact with the slingshot up there. If you hit the lit horse shot when it is white the game "moos" and a white cow is put on the LCD in the lower left corner where the horses collect.

#18 7 years ago

I accidentally tripped the credits to GB today. No idea how or if there is a known way to do it.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I accidentally tripped the credits to GB today. No idea how or if there is a known way to do it.

Flipper Sequence for Credits is: B L R LL R LLL RR

This is based upon the software readme file:

- Added some Easter Eggs. To do a basic Easter Egg you hold in both flippers then you enter a sequence of numbers/letters. To enter one number/letter you hit the left flipper button X times counting as you go. When you reach the number/letter you need stop and hit the right flipper button once. When you are all done you need to hit the right button one more time. For example to enter code 3 3 3 (or C C C) you would hold in both flippers then LLL R LLL R LLL R R.
    - Added Game credits Easter Egg ( 1 2 3 )

4 years later
    #20 3 years ago

Found a flipper code in WPT: L11 R1 L5 R1 L6 R1, then hit both flippers at once.

This spells out KEF, which are the initials of programmer Keith Johnson.

There may be another flipper code in WPT, as there's DMD graphics in the code that seem to reference Chris Granner (a gravestone with his initials and a music note--perhaps since WPT was the final game at Stern he did music on). But not sure.

Shrek has a flipper code that shows the programmers grooving to All Star, though I don't remember what it is. For WOF, text strings for staff credits are in the code, but dunno if a flipper code for that was programmed.

Screenshot_20201113-182917_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201113-182917_Video Player (resized).jpg
    #21 3 years ago

I found these on Munsters:

B=Both Flippers
    L=Left Flipper
    R=Righ Flipper.
    Sequence starts always with one time Both Flippers.
    Then the Number how often to press the Left flipper, 2 would be press two times Left Flipper.
    The 1. Sequence of Lefts will be ended with a Right Flipper.
    Then the 2nd Sequence of Lefts start, ended again with a right flipper.
    3rd sequence with lefts, ended this time with 2 right flippers.

1 2 3 = B LR LLR LLLRR = Credits
    4 5 1 = B LLLLR LLLLLR LRR = Dead Flip
    3 3 3 = B LLLR LLLR LLLRR = Hello World
    3 6 5 = B LLLR LLLLLLR LLLLLRR = Chris Franchi
    4 4 6 = B LLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLRR = Pinball Team
    7 1 4 = B LLLLLLLR LR LLLLRR = XAQ i missed you
    8 4 7 = B LLLLLLLLR LLLLR LLLLLLLRR = Serial Number?

I hope this helps have fun with the codes.
    and sorry i am not good in explaining, but if you know the procedure it should be quite easy.
    Munsters also got Midnight Madness triggered on midnight
    and Secret Mania that is started with the sequence 4 1 4 in gameplay -> LLLLR LR LLLLRR no both flippers at the beginning is needed.
    there is also a secret code that will hint to the secret mania, but that is secret

some of the codes will work on other stern machines and some more of them dwight did.

1 month later
    #22 3 years ago

Anything for Hobbit? Seems strange I can't find them documented anywhere.

1 year later
    #23 2 years ago

From Pinside member @Cayenne

JJP GnR

See a tour video:
    During Attract mode hit the the buttons as followed in a row:
    2 x right
    7 x left
    1 x right
    14 x left
    1 x right
    18 x left
    2 x right

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cows-easter-eggs-anything-since-2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.