Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bee-barf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

On my Gottlieb Cowpoke @ start-up, I get the usual 5 balls to play. I also get 4 points, without playing a ball. What would cause 4 individual points without first ball in play? Thank you.

#2 2 years ago

If you give the table a shake, does it award you more points? It could be that one of the score switches doesn't have much of a gap and is easy to activate.

#3 2 years ago

Hey there, are these 4 points pretty distant and "sporadic" from each other or does it sound like a evenly-spaced quick "TOCK TOCK TOCK TOCK"?

This will let us know if it is a 1-point switch shorting with the vibration of the machine or a malfunctioning 5 point circuit.

Additionally, if you give the score motor a spin in the cabinet (with the machine on - just give it a little push on one of the pegs in the proper direction, it will carry itself the rest of the way until it finds the home position), does it also award these points? I'm thinking it is a misadjusted switch, but a rare occurrence COULD be that there as a misadjusted switch somewhere in the 5 point circuit that is triggering, when the score motor is running for the startup sequence. A machine should not do anything when you give the motor a spin (besides spin itself back to the home position - it will be very quiet), except in rare cases where it's in the game's design.

#4 2 years ago

on start-up it is a quick 1234. The same time, as the horse bucking Thanks

#5 2 years ago

At start up, the horse should buck 5 times. Each time the Ball Count Unit steps up to get to ball 5.
But anyways, it sounds as though maybe the set of contacts in the 1-9 (1s) Relay that activates
the score reel could be too close together, thus slightly making contact for each buck. Also the
set of contacts that hold that Relay could be to close. I'd say worth checking the contact's caps
in the 1s Score Relay..

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for all your suggestions, I cleaned the contacts on the ones score reel and #4 bank of switches in motor. With a slight adjustment on a few contacts, and so far it's 100%. You guys are genius'es. Thank you, Keep flip-in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.95
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 208.87
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 44.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 27.95
$ 6.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside