(Topic ID: 97960)

Cowboys in Aussie pinball trade! Swords of Fury by Zivko at pinballsale67 ebay !

By GeminiTwist

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zifco.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I would like to warn people thinking of buying a machine in Australia through ebay,gumtree or private.
    An angry Serbian thug is selling broken and inoperable machines out of Melbourne Victoria.
    The machines are being advertised as cleaned,restored and in good working order,carefully shot photos obscuring the damage are presented in a good light only to be horrified when you open the package.
    A recent Swords Of Fury i purchased from Zivko who trades under Pinballsale67 on ebay (Inc international) was $1640 delivered.
    The machine as follows

A broken backbox cracked right through and needed to be completely replaced

A hole in the rear of the cab which he said was repaired was filled with putty and pressed into place using only fingertips was not even sanded but simply sprayed with black enamel.

Machine internals including boards were coated in a sandy/grit substance

The complete flipper rebuild kit fitted was in fact just 2 new EOS which were not even set properly

A jammin flipper blew the fuses ,the diodes and the transistors are most likely blown. The machine only ran for 2 hrs being flipper issues set in. That i can deal with!

The ROM chip was german issue making it near impossible to access any settings.

Brand new powder coated legs were just factory issue

New rubbers and balls..i think you get the jist ...crumbling and pitted

The worst part though is a refusal to refund or exchange for another machine was met with intimidation,threats of violence to me and my family(my son is 15mths) topped off with comments such as "I have your address you know" and "your gonna need a doctor" and "I will see you soon" and "Be ready for the consequences if you leave negative feedback"
    This from one of the top 5 traders in this country. Ebay should be able to sort something out within 24 hrs but Zivko at pinballsale67 will still trade locally and on Gumtree.

Please note that all peaceful and rational means to rectify the sale have been met with lies,stalling,broken promises,intimidation and finally threats of violence to my family . This has been 4 weeks of futile discussion and i am only posting this today after direct threat of harm to myself and family has left me with no option but to warn Pinsiders many of whom i am sure are Aussies. Its hard enough having or flipping pinnies down here and we pay far too much for machines that are bought in bulk containers from the US andEU cheaply by thugs such as Zivko at pinballsale67 then simply assembled and sold as is and not so much as even wiped down.

Thanks for taking the time to read and wherever you are on the globe please help keep pinball honest and free of rogue traders.

#2 9 years ago

I bought a solar ride off zivko last year. It was in great cond but I paid too much for it. That said when I got the machine there were some issues which for a so called fully restored pin I shouldn't have had to deal with. I ended up selling it after a few months as it didn't work properly and couldn't be bothered with it. The guy is a first rate scammer and A hole to say the least. Kind of Australia's version of choggard.

On top of that, when his associate delivered the pin he complained to me like he was doing me a favour and was angling for some cash. I told him delivery was included in the price.

Zivko you have my address to be sure. Drop in any time!

Gemini do everyone a favour and spread the word on AA and AP. People need to know especially those poor souls new to the hobby

#3 9 years ago

If he's threatening you, get it on tape and take it to the cops.

rd.

#4 9 years ago

+1 dave. No place for this in pinball or any hobby/sales/life! Disgusting behaviour. Do Melbourne guys know this chap?

#5 9 years ago

I think everyone in or entering the hobby should be made at least wary of him, then they can make their own decisions. From my experience I was told afterwards by a couple of blokes in Melbourne that I got scammed and they said things like "sounds like Zivko is making his rounds again"

He puts on this nice guy front when your purchasing. I had no suspicions until I met the shifty driver, then when the pin wasn't working properly the penny dropped. My fault but who was to know. I'm just glad I recouped some of the cash for it.

Low life to be sure

#6 9 years ago

never have noticed this seller before, any links to hes machines on ebay/gum tree

#7 9 years ago

zifco.jpgzifco.jpg

Here is the man Himself

#8 9 years ago

Hey take it easy on this bloke ,I make a ton of money in repairs out of the crap he sells on ebay to first time pinball buyers here in Perth.

I tell anybody looking for a pinball to stay away from this seller but everybody wants a perceived bargain.

#9 9 years ago

I would post this on Aussie Arcade as that seems to be where a lot of the guys chat and pass on recommendations. It's good to warn the community.

#10 9 years ago

You can I dare You!!!

#11 9 years ago

Great bloke. Cheap pins .. You get what you pay for.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

never have noticed this seller before, any links to hes machines on ebay/gum tree

Looks like this is the machine being referred to.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-SWORD-OF-FURY-BY-WILLIAMS-/111385863225?nma=true&si=oFhiWvCKOg2m1HAgubax5g1YhXY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

#13 9 years ago

Sorry to hear about your shitty pinball experience,but god damn it !! you got to see these contraptions in the flesh with a considered approach.

#14 9 years ago

Hey,Ballypinball - can you unblock me from your Ebay list so I can get some parts?

#15 9 years ago

and what ebay name is that?

#16 9 years ago

Looking at the pics, the yellow post rubbers don't look new nor does the upper left flipper rubber
    also doesn't look like a new flipper rebuild kit, as those cranks look old

What's the deal with the non connected ribbon cable in the pic.

also if you are going to replace the Battery Holder why not fit a remote one?

regardless if unhappy ship it back

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

and what ebay name is that?

you mean there's a list?

You don't need to know my ebay id.

Don't worry,the friendly neighbours will use their account and help me out.

#18 9 years ago

Yep about 300 deadbeat non paying customers

sick of people bidding and buying and saying stuff like my son hit buy now by mistake etc etc.

We have a one strike you are out, No Soup for you Policy.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

you mean there's a list?
    You don't need to know my ebay id.
    Don't worry,the friendly neighbours will use their account and help me out.

I sell 5-10 items a year and I have 10 people blocked. You can tell some people are going to be difficult based on their questions. That and what Bally mentioned.

#20 9 years ago

sick of people bidding and buying and saying stuff like my son hit buy now by mistake etc etc.

I just asked about an item that didnt sell and got banned.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

You can tell some people are going to be difficult based on their questions. That and what Bally mentioned.

I'm sorry davewth,which question were you referring to? You have absolutely no idea what was said.

#22 9 years ago

You must have asked the wrong Questions

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

Great bloke. Cheap pins .. You get what you pay for.

The guy is a straight up dirtbag and shouldn't be dealing. Have you not read the post? We both didn't get what we paid for that's the point. Yeah great bloke, he makes threats to this guy and his family. Real nice fello

It seems like your defence for him is let the buyer beware. I agree let's make the buyers aware then they can decide for themselves. being a liar about any product your selling to get someone's hard earned is unacceptable and in this hobby I think people should be aware of the scammers out there.

I for one hate to think of new enthusiasts getting ripped off by idiots like this then throwing in the hobby. How is that good for pinball. You seem to think it's ok.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from John1210:

I bought a solar ride off zivko last year. .. I ended up selling it after a few months as it didn't work properly and couldn't be bothered with it.

and yet you told AA "Nothing wrong with the game I think it plays quite well just making room for my ACDC" .....so no disclosure that it didnt work properly then?

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/62823-Gottlieb-Solar-Ride

Absolutely zero interest in taking this debate any further sorry john. You lost me at the blustering about having your address stage. I've seen photos of that machine and it was lovely. As I see it you effectively bought a restored antique car and traded it in on the local car yard .. of course you lost on it. ( agreed about the nutcase courier though and I am informed his services have since been dispensed with - but who hasnt had issues with couriers before?"

#25 9 years ago

We must come across as an odd bunch to the US audience - if they read this. I'm narrowing in my selection of people I deal with now. Wayne, a call out for your excellent service - and even afterhours calls when I stuff up my parts orders - thanks again.

#26 9 years ago

yep waynes ok if you arent an idiot ..
    he just has even less tolerance of fools than i do

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gibo:

Hey take it easy on this bloke ,I make a ton of money in repairs out of the crap he sells on ebay to first time pinball buyers here in Perth....

Must be a special perth ton? Just went to look at some machines and the book shows hes sold 3 machines to perth in 5 years..

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

and yet you told AA "Nothing wrong with the game I think it plays quite well just making room for my ACDC" .....so no disclosure that it didnt work properly then?
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/62823-Gottlieb-Solar-Ride
    Absolutely zero interest in taking this debate any further sorry john. You lost me at the blustering about having your address stage. I've seen photos of that machine and it was lovely. As I see it you effectively bought a restored antique car and traded it in on the local car yard .. of course you lost on it. ( agreed about the nutcase courier though and I am informed his services have since been dispensed with - but who hasnt had issues with couriers before?"

I'm not into debating this either. You said he was a great bloke I disagree. Your experience with him is obviously better than others on here. Hopefully we are in the minority but I doubt it.

Everything was disclosed to the buyer with my particular resale of it Including its faults. If you would care to read my first post on this thread seeing your obviously in the know I said it was "in great cond" and it was a nice machine

Im not having a go at you just your opinion of this idiot who ripped off this bloke and tried his best to get every cent out of me. His mate courier probably tipped it for me when he asked for even more money on delivery. He and Zivko are apparently friends in crime so I've been told. I'm not really bothered by what happened to me and at the time I couldn't really give a crap but when you read threads like this it's quite upsetting especially when threats are involved. It's just not on.

We will have just have to agree to disagree on this one.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

We must come across as an odd bunch to the US audience

Not just to the US audience champ.

rd

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from John1210:

We will have just have to agree to disagree on this one.

done

#31 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the warning, looked at a few of his machines on ebay, not one to be trusted by your experience.

#32 9 years ago

I would only ever buy a pinball after I inspected it in person but thanks for posting the warning.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

Must be a special perth ton? Just went to look at some machines and the book shows hes sold 3 machines to perth in 5 years..

Only 3 ? must be another top shelf Melbourne Ebay seller sending their crap over here then.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gibo:

Only 3 ? must be another top shelf Melbourne Ebay seller sending their crap over here then.

There is

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

I would only ever buy a pinball after I inspected it in person but thanks for posting the warning.

Bingo he just said it all.

After two yrs of owning a few pinball machines it wasn't long that I realised these things are just like used cars. So of course what comes with a some used cars, an annoying or Lying car salesman.

Always inspect it in person. Trust me I know.

If you don't, no point complaining.

If he did involve physical abuse you just should of walked away. Lesson learnt.

Thanks for the heads up tho.

#36 9 years ago

It's always interesting to read peoples "complaints" on pin purchases, as there is always another side to the story.

I was interested in this machine when it was on Ebay, and like the seller offers, I went around and had a look for myself. I also played many games on it - and it played fautlessly the whole time.

In my opinion, the OP is not being accurate with his description of the condition of the machine.

"A broken backbox cracked right through and needs to be replaced". From what I saw the backbox certainly wasn't "cracked right through" - a more accurate description would be that a layer of the ply had broken off and been reglued on the side of the backbox.

"Machine internals including boards were coated in a sandy/grit substance" - I'm assuming that means the machine was dirty? Certainly wasn't the case when I saw it, it even looks way cleaner than a lot of sys11 internals that I have seen.

"The complete flipper rebuild kit fitted was in fact just 2 new EOS which were not even set properly" - from my observation, that is simply untrue. I checked the flipper assemblies - ALL of them had more new parts than just an EOS switch. In my opinion Plungers were new (cranks weren't, but what wears on them?), Caps were new, EOS switches were new. Coil Stops were new etc. Even the springs had been updated to the newer WPC style ones. Have a look at the ebay photos.

"Jamming flipper blew the fuses" - Well who hasn't had a blown fuse before. i doubt there any transistors blown because of it.

"Brand new Powder coated legs were just factory issue" - It doesn't even say in the listing that the legs are new!! Or powder coated for that matter. I'd take powdercoated over rusty chrome ones anyday.

"New Rubbers and Balls" - I didn't really take much notice of this, as this would be the first thing I would change if I bought it.

Some questions I would ask of the OP would be:

The listing ended weeks ago. If the machine truely broke after 2 hours of receiving it and you were refused help to rectify the situation, why did it take over 4 weeks to post this warning?

Did you go and look at the machine prior to bidding, and judge for yourself the condition? Did you even contact the seller prior to bidding, and ask for more photos, or a better description? Or did you just snipe it to get a "cheap" machine?

Why was your negative feedback left for the seller removed by Ebay?

To me this looks like a classic case of a purchaser sniping something off Ebay at the last moment (bid placed 1 second before the listing ended) - probably with the intent to source a translite, and sell it for a much higher price to make a profit - and then having second thoughts after receiving.

Personally, I didn't end up bidding, as I decided I couldn't be bothered sourcing a translite for it.

#37 9 years ago

A quick search of gumtree shows I was pretty close to the mark........

#38 9 years ago

So you joined Pinside recently and the only 2 posts were made on this thread are you Zifco's Technician?

How about the OP send the machine to me and I will do an Honest evaluation on it for free, As a I think I know something about pinball.

Last time I checked a Flipper Rebuild Kit Included more than a Plunger and Coil Stop.

#39 9 years ago

zivko has his share of customers like the above too wayne .. dont forget that

#40 9 years ago

So you joined Pinside recently and the only 2 posts were made on this thread are you Zifco's Technician?
    How about the OP send the machine to me and I will do an Honest evaluation on it for free, As a I think I know something about pinball.
    Last time I checked a Flipper Rebuild Kit Included more than a Plunger and Coil Stop.

My apologies, I didn't realise I had to be somebody's something to be allowed to post my opinion on here. But to answer your question - No I'm not.

For an honest evaluation go look at the OP's gumtree ad. Bit different from the description posted here.
    He even states that he only bought it to flip it for a profit.

#41 9 years ago

I know you are not!

As no real technician would only do 1/2 a Flipper rebuild.

2 years later
    #43 6 years ago

Edited because not worth the grief

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hashman:

Edited because not worth the grief

You got that right

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cowboys-in-aussie-pinball-trade-swords-of-fury-by-zivko-at-pinballsale67-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.