pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0055 (resized).JPG
IMG_0054 (resized).JPG
IMG_0053 (resized).JPG
IMG_9553 (002) (resized).jpg
IMG_9671 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Got my Cow Poke all dressed up, cleaned and just about all working (except the missing roto target, see EM Parts Finding thread on that - I have a 3 target, need a 2 target ) And I'm missing a lane guide on the left side, but that's minor.

Question (or two) -
1) I do not have the schematics, so if anyone can send them, much appreciated.
2) My "Roll over" bank does not reset once all are hit, so it keeps registering points, add's a ball and keeps kicking that cow poke's butt! I've looked at SCR2, lower switches, 3rd switch I think (bad memory), looked a the Z relay on the roll over bank...but not having the schematics, I cant quite chase this one down.

Once all 4 roll overs are hit, this "Z" relay should activate and the roll over bank should re-set - shouldn't it?

Why is this smaller bank of relays not setting?

IMG_9553 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_9553 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_9671 (resized).jpgIMG_9671 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Thank you Sir! Good explanation why I can't find one! (Even those of similar games)

Maybe one of the "old EM Tech's" can chime in with an answer, tip, or screen shot of that part of the schematics

#4 4 years ago

I've tried making the contacts touch on the Z relay, but it's not resetting the smaller bank (for the roll overs), so not really sure what activates this larger coil to reset the bank?

#6 4 years ago

Could try there tomorrow. Good call thanks

#10 4 years ago

Ahhh. Thank you gentlemen.

#11 4 years ago

Great news! Must have been a dirty or loose fuse holder as you said ! I had changed the fuse. Never gave it much thought after that. Took it out and cleaned the holder and squeezed each tab in slightly. Working great now! Only giving one add a ball at a time. Resetting at game start. All as it should. Thank you guys so much! Glad I have the schematics as well!

Now if I could only find a 2 target roto target for it (someone had placed a 3 target one in it and it can’t even line up. So I have that one to trade)

Last question (never) - this machine does not have a start button. You have to inset a dime. Is that std? No button. No free play. Lol. I’ll keep a roll of dimes handy for this one. First wedge head and love the back box animation.

#13 4 years ago

Good call. May be the only “mod” this one will ever see

#14 4 years ago

Well, now that she's up and playing, I found another small issue - the 100's point reel. It works when I hit a 100 point switch, when it rolls over, the 1,000's point reel advances like it should - perfect. And likewise, the single's advances the 10's.

But, when the 10's reel goes past 9, the hundreds reel does not advance. Took the 10's reel out, made sure the "9" position switch is closing (and cleaned) when it gets to 9, and verified the other switch (roll out?) the 2 closest look to be NC and the 2 outer ones look to be NO, then after the "9" position, these go opposite.

Do I have these wrong? What else may be wrong here?

#16 4 years ago

Thanks HowardR. You’ve helped me on so many of these older games now. (You and Rolf!). I’ll try this when I get home!

I was able to do the mod as suggest and it’s now starting from the coin return! Yeah!
Step by step she’s getting there !

#17 4 years ago

Such a great help there too! I did the jumper and was getting it to roll over as it should. Then I noticed the bottom outside Switch was not quite making contact. Adjusted it slightly and now getting. All score reels to operate as they should.

The attached photo has the L relay on the bottom and the M relay in the middle (can’t hardly see the switches there)

Now to try to roll it over like “mopar”

This thing is 99% back! (Just need that darn correct roto target! I’ll try calling Steve Y tomorrow. Ya never know)

0518B78F-1857-4F7D-B19F-FE02F68190F4 (resized).jpeg0518B78F-1857-4F7D-B19F-FE02F68190F4 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cow-poke-tech-assistance-needed?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.