(Topic ID: 312726)

cow poke score wheel inop

By Pinballnut22

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a 1965 Cow Poke machine where the "ones" counter on the score wheel is not working. I removed it and cleaned it but still not working. The rest of the score wheels operate properly. One other issue is, in front of the Roto target, after getting 4 numbers in sequence to receive added ball, the horse that "kicks" the cowboy sticks and I need to unplug the game to stop that action. I was hoping you could shed some light on these issues cause I'm running out of ideas. Thank you for your time and looking forward to your reply, Dan

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballnut22:

the "ones" counter on the score wheel is not working

Does its solenoid activate?

Quoted from Pinballnut22:

after getting 4 numbers in sequence to receive added ball, the horse that "kicks" the cowboy sticks and I need to unplug the game to stop that action

Does the Rollover Sequence relay (Q) stick when this happens?

#3 2 years ago

I will look into those suggestions and respond back. Thank you.

#4 2 years ago

the "ones" counter on the score wheel does seem to activate. However, the relay switch on the side of the wheel just hums/buzzes and gets very warm. Could that be an adjustment? If so, how do you adjust it?

#5 2 years ago

The 1 Point relay (N) won't start locked on unless a switch is stuck on the playfield. But once activated it'll stay locked on until the end-of-stroke switch on the Add Ones score unit opens.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
    1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
    2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
    3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

#6 2 years ago

Thank you Howard for your reply. I will check those items out. I'm pretty new to this stuff-lol.

#7 2 years ago

You're past the signup deadline for Friday's repair clinic oraganized by MarkG but if you message him you may be able to get in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-em-pinball-online-repair-clinic/page/4#post-6863400

#8 2 years ago

Hi Howard. I checked your recommendations out and found this: The 1 point (N) relay had one set of stuck points. I cleaned them the best I could and they only stick occasionally now. The black bell coil works great too. The "ones" score wheel still does not work. I'll just keep messing with it. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cow-poke-score-wheel-inop?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.