(Topic ID: 206524)

Cow Poke rotary target / springs

By goldenboy232

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys, is it possible to purchase either a.) an entirely new spring kit with all the right size springs or b.) an entirely new assembly for the rotary Target on a Gottlieb Cow Poke?

My neighbor has one and we can't seem to get it to work correctly. Mostly, it won't stop in an "aligned" position so you end up not having a clean shot at a single number once it stops.

Thanks!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Mostly, it won't stop in an "aligned" position so you end up not having a clean shot at a single number once it stops.

On my Cowpoke (and Diamond Jack), the Roto would spin, then not spring back
a bit, as it should, when it stopped, thus mis-aligning the wiper blades with the
wiper board's rivets. So as I did when I first went through the machine, I removed
the spring loaded wiper, cleaned the wiper board, and applied a film of light weight
grease. I myself then like to apply a thin film of Remington Gun Oil over
the grease to thin it out a bit. This will make the wiper spin more freely, and
when stopped, notch back just a bit and place itself squarely on the wiper board's
rivets..
While the wiper is off, I also like to put a couple drops of Remington Gun Oil in the
spring loaded wiper holes to make certain that the spring loaded wipers has no
stickiness and are able to move freely..

#4 6 years ago

Also people like to set the disk low on the spindle to ensure good contact and will cause too much drag. Ensure the disk mounting is not too close, you'll want the wipers mostly extended. As the previous post mentioned cleaned and lightly lubed to get it spinning freely is a must.

The long spring does help to return the roto to the rest position. On many games I'll see this shortened putting a lot more tension on the return but this cuts down the spin...

I have also replaced 2-3 spindles on these games, for 1 reason or another these can get bent which also causes a bad return. If I suspect a spindle I'll remove it from the roto and put it in my power drill. You can see very quickly if this is out of alignment. PBR also sells these.

#5 6 years ago

You may just need to adjust the disc if it’s just off on alignment. Also, if you want to get a spring kit I might have one but have to look.

#7 6 years ago

Great info guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cow-poke-rotary-target-springs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.