Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by currieddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 days ago

I've got a strange problem with my Cow Poke: about one ine twenty times when the ball drains, there is a loud buzzing and either the units or tens reel rotates. I have discovered that when this happens, if I open the coin door and then close it with a reasonable force, this behaviour stops and I can continue. Close the door to hard and the machine tilts, and not hard enough and nothing happens.

What could the problem be that closing the coin door with reasonable force fixes it? Thanks for any suggestions...

#2 4 days ago
Quoted from mfresh:

What could the problem be that closing the coin door with reasonable force fixes it? Thanks for any suggestions...

Sounds like something loose. Track down the buzz. Also, does it stop if you play the ball and a score is made?

Here is what Clay has on this: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#buzz

#3 4 days ago

Maybe a switch gapped too close together or hold switch on an end of ball relay that's not releasing properly, and then by banging on the game it loosens up. If you hit the game on the playfield or cabinet somewhere would it also take care if it? I'd step through it with the playfield up to reproduce the issue and then see what relay is still engaged, and trace back to what would cause it to stay that way.

#4 4 days ago

I’ve notice my “alternate” relay will buzz loudly when activated. I slightly moved it and the noise subsided - not sure If same issue / noise. And it varied when it was activated as well

#5 4 days ago

On the tens reel rolling when it drains Mine give 50 points when it drains. Is that what your speaking of or continuous. If the latter as mentioned above a switch in the trough could need adjusted??

#6 4 days ago

My original post is not quite correct - the reels don't actually rotate, they just move but never actually click over. The buzzing seems to be coming from the backbox, and while this is happening, the roto target rotates, stops, rotates again and so on. And the score motor is constantly running.

Closing the door with a bump seems to make all the lights flicker off just for a moment, and that momentary loss of power is what seems like is releasing whatever is stuck and the game can continue as normal.

Quoted from currieddog:

Also, does it stop if you play the ball and a score is made?

I can't play the next ball because as this is happening, the ball is not released from the drain to the ball feed machanism. So the ball release sequence isnt happening until I bang the door.

#7 3 days ago
Quoted from mfresh:

the roto target rotates, stops, rotates again and so on

If the 50 Points & Spin relay (H) is stuck on when this happens, see if any of these 4 switches are stuck closed

pasted_image (resized).png
#8 3 days ago
Quoted from mfresh:

the reels don't actually rotate, they just move but never actually click over. The buzzing seems to be coming from the backbox

Again, you're just going to have to stick your head in and track it down. Sounds like whatever controls the reel reset is not engaging fully.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Singer Pinball Designs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 248.85
$ 10.00
$ 89.99
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside