4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I've got a strange problem with my Cow Poke: about one ine twenty times when the ball drains, there is a loud buzzing and either the units or tens reel rotates. I have discovered that when this happens, if I open the coin door and then close it with a reasonable force, this behaviour stops and I can continue. Close the door to hard and the machine tilts, and not hard enough and nothing happens.

What could the problem be that closing the coin door with reasonable force fixes it? Thanks for any suggestions...

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

What could the problem be that closing the coin door with reasonable force fixes it? Thanks for any suggestions...

Sounds like something loose. Track down the buzz. Also, does it stop if you play the ball and a score is made?

Here is what Clay has on this: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#buzz

#3 4 years ago

Maybe a switch gapped too close together or hold switch on an end of ball relay that's not releasing properly, and then by banging on the game it loosens up. If you hit the game on the playfield or cabinet somewhere would it also take care if it? I'd step through it with the playfield up to reproduce the issue and then see what relay is still engaged, and trace back to what would cause it to stay that way.

#4 4 years ago

I’ve notice my “alternate” relay will buzz loudly when activated. I slightly moved it and the noise subsided - not sure If same issue / noise. And it varied when it was activated as well

#5 4 years ago

On the tens reel rolling when it drains Mine give 50 points when it drains. Is that what your speaking of or continuous. If the latter as mentioned above a switch in the trough could need adjusted??

#6 4 years ago

My original post is not quite correct - the reels don't actually rotate, they just move but never actually click over. The buzzing seems to be coming from the backbox, and while this is happening, the roto target rotates, stops, rotates again and so on. And the score motor is constantly running.

Closing the door with a bump seems to make all the lights flicker off just for a moment, and that momentary loss of power is what seems like is releasing whatever is stuck and the game can continue as normal.

Quoted from currieddog:

Also, does it stop if you play the ball and a score is made?

I can't play the next ball because as this is happening, the ball is not released from the drain to the ball feed machanism. So the ball release sequence isnt happening until I bang the door.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

the roto target rotates, stops, rotates again and so on

If the 50 Points & Spin relay (H) is stuck on when this happens, see if any of these 4 switches are stuck closed

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

the reels don't actually rotate, they just move but never actually click over. The buzzing seems to be coming from the backbox

Again, you're just going to have to stick your head in and track it down. Sounds like whatever controls the reel reset is not engaging fully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cow-poke-drain-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.