(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 4 years ago

I've set up a gofundme as a preventative measure. Feel free to donate to it. All proceeds go to ducktape and plastic wrap purchase.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Patentlaw:

It is all fun and games until it comes near you. We just got our first case in our county at 4pm. Aside from the mumbling morons talking about "Wash your hands", there are no answers to anything. Where was the infected person, where did they go, how long did they have it? It is a huge problem and people are not protected.....people start to panic when they don't know the whole story. Thank God you are not down here. Things are going off the wall in South West Houston right now.

Find Ice. Stay near. He's immune.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

There is a higher probability of getting struck twice by lightening than dying of coronavirus...don’t believe the hype

Um...have you checked the age demographic of this forum??

#60 4 years ago

It just needs to mutate one more time and it can follow the tried and true Stern model to achieve global domination.

#81 4 years ago

It's only going to kill the unimportant people. Don't worry CEO's are safe.

#112 4 years ago

I know I could use a few thousand millions of other peoples money!

#158 4 years ago

Lots of flat earthers around here.

#176 4 years ago

So, I have no way to back this up so take it as you will but in talking with some co-workers in Hong Kong this morning, China is majorly misreporting recovery numbers, and that there is still a ton of quarantine and shutdowns. Yesterday they did lift the ban on restaurants though. When we told them our numbers here in the US they were shocked it wasn't higher because it is so bad over there. They are keeping a close eye on Italy and Korea for spread.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Neither do most of the folks who post in these threads, that shouldn’t stop anyone from posting.

Funnily enough that seems to be mostly from the deniers. When you think EVERYONE is lying to you, you don't have any sources but your own opinion.

#209 4 years ago

Whoever wrote that article's been drinking.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

Really hope this is a “tongue in cheek” comment.

You clearly haven't been keeping up on the main thread

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The futures markets have had circuit breakers for a long time before breakers were placed on stocks. It is called Limit Up or Limit Down. So it works both ways.
Stock market only has limit down days. It is a one way street.

Well, they DO have breakers on ups as well, but on run up stocks.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

Wanna see people really freak out tell them its in their beer.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is why it has become pointless to continue this quarantine routine. Just right there you have a possible 36,000 exposed.

Well, it's that or the China route...I mean, you can't protect the people when they can't even figure out how to protect themselves unless you force them to..and even then if you aren't watching them you'll have rambo's who still think it is 'nothing' because they are a young healthy person who will do what they want. It's basically a no win situation, which...I said from the beginning. No point being panicked, there isn't jack we can do about it. Just let it play out how it's going to play out.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Coronavirus: Sinister people are knocking on doors claiming to be part of official disease response, police warn
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-sinister-people-knocking-doors-171111975.html
There really is no upper limit to how much of a scumbag some people can be.

SMH... I really have decided the bulk of humanity is indeed scum these days.

#363 4 years ago

Posted this in the wrong thread...

Well this just dropped:

• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/11/814474930/coronavirus-covid-19-is-now-officially-a-pandemic-who-says

The numbers:
COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, has sickened more than 121,000 people and killed over 4,300 people.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Warriors playing to an empty stadium....seem to remember predictions that would never happen.

Honestly...If I was them, I'd rather just not play than do that...

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

They have to play to get paid.

they make considerably more than the average person who may be staying home from work...I think they can manage. That being said, the assumption is they can always reschedule it. If no one is there, the venue isn't making anything - where is their money coming from?

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TV deals, which is where the majority of their fans watch games, not in arenas.

Good point.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

There definitely does seem to be a decrease in the number of "it's just the flu, bro!" posters recently?[quoted image]

Maybe here...but look elsewhere, they are still all over the place with 'i don't understand, the flu kills more', even under articles that explain exactly why that line of thinking is wrong. (also they keep popping up in the market thread)

I've come to the conclusion that the deniers all along are those people who believe the 'if you think positive thoughts, positive things happen'. That might work with your own mentality and initiatives, but it doesn't stop mother nature.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

We need to Antoine Dodson to come out and tell us about covid 19.
If an edit to his video were made...

I'm assuming you mean the epic video? (I don't know the guys name). I'm sure there will be one at some point...if we all survive

#398 4 years ago

My job is prepping to have all employees work from home for a period of time. They are buying up laptops for those who work in the office normally. That's thousands upon thousands of laptops for this. Most of our company could work remotely and it not impact the work, which is fortunate. They are also planning to split the workload between regions for backup scenarios.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This is shutting down NON-essentials...nobody is saying walk away from the nuclear reactor . We need to slow it.

So, I'm leaning that the toilet paper plant might be on the essentials list. Moreso than the nuclear reactors

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are pinball factories essentials?

They better god damn well be! *eyeballs spooky*

/kidding

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

We can only test ‘muricans with a ‘murican test. Can’t use the German one that’s been available since early Feb. Or the Chinese one that takes 15 minutes to get results, available since late January. Someone explain it to the people who have/ will die because the tests aren’t there to help stop the spread.
Don C

Pretty sure it's the media or those donkey guys fault. At least I remember being told that repeatedly.

Seriously though, there's new reports stating that the WH is withholding information from the people who actually need it to actually prepare for this. All because 'markets can't go down'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8100959/White-House-told-federal-health-agency-classify-coronavirus-deliberations-sources.html

#411 4 years ago

I'm was in a conference call with tradefloor people - and this was just said 'if anyone says this is only going to last another week or so, they don't know what the hell they are talking about'.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As someone that works from home quite a bit (and it sounds like it will be more), the biggest recommendation I can make is video conferencing software. The entire time I'm working, I'm on video conference with my entire team. All day, whether we are discussing something or not. My entire team sees my face all day long, and I see them. At first it feels weird, and to be honest, it almost feels invasive. But after a couple weeks, it feels totally normal. The thing it gives you is communication. There is no substitute for communication with your team.

My entire team works from home so it's no change for us. We do not use video conferencing software though. We won't unless forced to. It really is not necessary except in certain work flows where i'm sure it is beneficial. We all work on different projects and there is very little overlap. On top of that some of us are in non stop meetings all day with other teams. It would be a big mess.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

The problem isn't necessarily you getting it, it's you getting it and giving it to everyone else before you even know you have it. One ill person isn't a big deal, but if one ill person contacts 10 more people at the meeting who then get it, etc.... Worst case scenario, if you come in contact with or a venture out ends up infecting someone in an at risk population, it could be lights out for someone else.

He was joking...regarding having to be on camera all day...

#426 4 years ago

I have a 89 year old grandmother that's fighting COPD, on and off pneumonia....this will be a great spring.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thanks. I’m flabbergasted that even this has to be a red vs blue Team War! For Christsakes ALL Grannies are in danger, not just certain ones.

GrannieGate 2020

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I keep waiting for the first famous person to announce they have it or even die from it. I think that will make it real for a lot of people. Like when Magic announced he had HIV.

I can think of a few people that would be great martyrs.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Earlier tonight I heard it’s super unlikely you or anybody you know will get it.

Funny, I was just told that last night! 12 cases here so far today.

#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got an email from my insurance company this morning (I own a business). In it, it states a way to test yourself to see if you have it. They wrote that when you hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, if there's no coughing, stiffness, discomfort or tightness, then your clear of the virus. If you experience any of these, but don't show the signs of having the virus, then you've just come down with it (or some other respiratory illness). The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.
Now to the complaint department about the selfishness and stupidity of people.
First, next town over, a 27 year old man who still lives at home catches the virus. What does the family do? They don't self quarantine, they decide to keep going out in public. A high schooler in the family caught it, the high school was shut for 2 days to disinfect the place, now the school is closed for internet learning (I forget the exact words they used).
https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
Seriously???? This asshole knows he has the virus and gets on the plane anyway?!?!?! How stupid and selfish can one be?? You and your wife stay home for 14 days. For argument sake, let's say this guy just had the flu and still flown...how stupid and selfish can one be??
Last night at my gym, I asked why aren't there workers wiping down the machines? Was told they only hire them for a few hours a day. Really??? Then, I'm watching other people use treadmills, bikes, stairclimbers, etc and they aren't wiping it down!!! Seriously??? For full disclosure, when I'm at the gym, I put my towel down on everything and before I use a cardio machine, I always wash it down before using it and after using it. The first gym I ever went to, if you didn't do that, they revoked your membership...guess you can say they taught me well. But seriously, a little common sense will help make this virus go away faster.
Now, for the "finally, someone has a brain department". Someone in a neighboring town came down with the virus. The whole family is doing a 14 day self quarantine because they don't want to spread it to others.

2 days ago you thought we were idiots and this was nothing...

#559 4 years ago

Instead of stopping sporting events, why can’t they just do the forehead temperature check like they have been screening people in China?
1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M
Multiplied by the China Death %
74,051 deaths in US[quoted image][quoted image]

I think one issue is, China got in front of this very quickly, and it was concentrated for the most part. The rest of the world? Not so much. The scary reality is, that just because you tested...then what? Unless you are willing to lock yourself in a room for 2-3 weeks...it really means nothing. People are headstrong, and as we see even in this community, if it doesn't affect you personally, most can give a damn. It's human nature.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I never said it was nothing.
I said the media was creating a panic when one wasn’t necessary.
Again, what is with people who feel the need to twist my words? If it makes you feel better, just be honest about it.

I mean, I can post what you said if you'd like, and yes, not disputing you blamed the media. However, you did indeed say this was 'not a spreadable virus' and it was 'media induced hysteria'. Anyway, I'm not here to gloat, just found you flailing about what others were doing interesting considering your posts a few days ago. Consider them people who still also think this is just media induced hysteria and overblown, and maybe you'll see the parallel.

#570 4 years ago

Thank you...I was distracted after walking into my bathroom and seeing this:[quoted image]

That needs to be a meme.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wonder why this hasn’t been declared a national emergency. What was the last thing we declared a national emergency over?

Something something Nov 2016...

#591 4 years ago

LMAO...funny cause it's true.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Had a couple close calls after work last night. Went to the mini credit union in the super market to pull out some cash and some litlle old lady who obviously didn't get the memo came walking in hacking and blowing her nose into a snotty rag. I said to myself "don't get in line behind me" which she did not.
Then the teller let out a cough as I walked up and I said "are you OK?". Then he proceded to very eficiently take care of my banking needs. As a parting gift he coughed right in my face as we completed the transaction. Then I went home and had a nice BBQ and killed it all with Jack Daniels. I feel great this morning.

That's it I'm carrying an aerosol can and lighter with me everywhere.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

You understand the toilet paper? I can't.
Anyway, this whole thing hinges on the Hanks. If one of them dies so does society.

He won't die, he survived AIDS and being stranded on a deserted island. He's like the Tom Cruise of threats.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I was in the middle of my drinking, I went into my bedroom and turned off the alarm clock and said "fk it, this world's done, no reason to go into work". Then I woke up at 6 AM and said "what else am I going to do today?" so here I am.

LOL. So it wasn't a go into the office, look at the boss and scream "F'ck you the worlds ending, sh!t on his desk and I quit!" day?

#605 4 years ago

The interesting thing about this is, I don't see any of this around my area still. I was beginning to think THAT was the media spin. Taking pictures of empty warehouses saying everyone was buying everything up. I don't know anyone locally who's panicked. I may post like crazy about it, but I haven't done shit to prep. I know one sneeze near me is all it will take and no amount of prep short of a bio suit is going to prevent that.

#610 4 years ago

Do you shop every other day? I buy a lot of frozen veggies when I stock up. Shit goes bad too fast otherwise. I'm not feeding an army...unless I know I'm eating it within a few days

#619 4 years ago

Hmmm..Feds just bailed out the DOW? Says there is a turnaround...I don't see it.

#639 4 years ago

Last night he said flights and cargo (there was a 'correction' that cargo was included in this). I don't know if something else changed since then.

#681 4 years ago

I just heard that the government is going to freeze all bank cash assets and ban the use of cash for any and all purchases to eliminate hand to hand transmissions. Credit or debit only. WTF!?!?

Seems like a stretch, but who knows. Source?

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

The ACA is not the problem, but thank you for playing![quoted image]

ohhh a picture with lots of pretty colors and nothing telling you what it means! my favorite!

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Do you really think this is a "non-event"? I am genuinely interested if that is the case and would like to hear why you believe so.

Nope, i was quoting Trump's attitude from the early days of the event.

#720 4 years ago

I guess we'll know if we should panic if they start shooting anyone with a cough on sight.

The wife said she was going to make a pin that says "I don't have corona, I'm a smoker".

#755 4 years ago

I had something in Jan, only lasted 2 days, sore throat, cough, congestion. The wife had something quite a bit worse for like 3 weeks at the same time. Assumption was that she had the flu, I had a cold. I still say that is probably what it was, but ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.