(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#341 4 years ago

If the guy on the Joe Rogan show is correct I don't think it would be a good idea to go to a pinball show right now.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wife flew on several flights in last week to East coast.

Why???

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Costco was nutz. Sam's was a little less nutz. I'm completely nutz for going to both today. Sam's is still giving out food samples if you can believe that. Watched an old guy stand a foot from an employee's face talking directly at him. Old people and retail employees are going to be dropping like flies.

How does Sam's giving out free food samples put people in danger of getting the coronavirus? Serious question.....not trying to be a smartass.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Social distancing is a main recommendation. Food samples not only get you close, you contact an area that multiple people contact over and over....like a flipper button at TPF

Oh ok gotcha. I'm off to go stock up on some meat. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of cooking at home these next couple of months.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

who-dey stay safe:
“Ohio Health Dept. Director Amy Acton is saying that evidence of community spread indicates that 1% of Ohioans are currently carrying coronavirus. That's *117,000* people.
Only 5 in Ohio have actually tested positive to this point.”

Thank you and I will try. Dont laugh but I was pretty damn sick three weeks ago for two weeks straight. I had night sweats for three days followed by a horrible dey cough for three days, aches and chest congestion. I swear I wonder if I may not have had that. They also shut the schools down on my area because there was so many sick kids and teachers etc. I didnt think that I had the flu but I knew it was way worse than your typical cold also. I really just gotta wonder if I had that or not.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It was a weird sickness is all I can say.

Exactly...that's what I was thinking the whole time that I had it. It wasn't terribly bad but it definitely sucked also. It probably wasn't Coronavirus but I swear I wouldn't be surprised of it was because as you said, it was different..

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

They actually knew of this strain at the beginning of October. How it got over here earlier than the Health Agencies Tracking I've no idea. As understood from previous reports the second time you get it could be Key.
I'm simply trying to avoid the second Trial.

What do u mean the 2nd time you get it could be key? Wouldn't it be easier on a person the 2nd time?

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Early on during the China outbreak a Report was issued that detailed myocardial shutdowns, I do not remember the source. This secondary phenomena accounted for the people dropping on the street and in Public places.

Well let's not get it again then. We probably didn't have it the first time but just in case we did I think we should avoid it at all costs.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, exact same for me. At the end I was laying under a pile of blankets, shaking like crazy. I had the flu shot in January, so I doubt it was seasonal flu. I hope that was it (COVID-19) and I’m done for a while.

There's so many bugs that it's hard to say really but joke Phil-lee said, it just felt different and I've never had a dry cough like that. I swear I thought that I was going to cough a lung up.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

77 positive, 1 dead now in CO

You're obsessed with this. You should take a break for a day or two and enjoy life for real.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

The messaging today made me much more optimistic vs. the messaging on Wednesday.

They declared a state of emergency today and that made you optimistic? Lmao

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Wait until tomorrow evening when they announce grocery stores such as Publix and Walmart are closing at 8 PM and staying down for sometime.
Let's see how optimistic everyone is when that happens.
Honestly if you're able, just stock up, stay put and bang out 2 weeks of spring cleaning while not risking your lung scarring or killing of elders.

I wish that I could stay in but I gotta work unfortunately.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I can see many stores opening later and closing earlier. Most stores don't get their bulk delivery until later in the evenings. But I guess it all depends on the supplier. With more product coming in they will need more time to stock.
Today our stores were packed wall to wall with people. No room to work restocking shelves.
And yeah, there is no room to breath either. Poor ventilation, crowded and everyone is breathing in each others air. Yup, this how my days will be for a while.

Stay safe buddy!

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Supposedly, our schools will reopen on 3/30.

I hope that they do open at the end of the month but I have a bad feeling that's not going to happen.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was a night manager but got sick of working nights. So stepped dow and took a dairy department lead job to go days. I spend about 3 to 4 hours putting in orders and receiving deliveries. Then the rest of the day I'm on the floor. Was off today but went in to do some shopping with my wife. It's like the weekend before Thanksgiving and Christmas combined.

I'm thinking about doing a late nite grocery shopping trip. Hopefully it wont be too crowded at 2 or 3am.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I posted this in the Disney thread but thought it would interest some here as well.
I know it is a lot. You can skip to the end for the cliff’s notes.
So my story starts on February 28th. My wife, my parents and our two boys leave California for Orlando to depart on a Disney Cruise that will take us to Cozumel, Grand Carmen, and Jamaica.
We board the ship on the 29th and are aware of the virus but are not concerned. At that time I had posted on here many times that virus is really a non issue.
There is screening to get on the ship and even one group gets turned away because they had been in Japan in the last 14 days. The first night we go to the show and they announce between crew and passengers over 70 countries are represented on board.
The cruise goes on and we have our fun, also watching the news to see what is going on around the world. The concierge informs us they are bombing the ship nightly with disinfectant and they are cleaning the ship day and night. We continue cruising and having fun.
Wednesday, my wife gets an email from my son’s school informing us that he will be quarantined for 14 days upon his return because he has been out of the country. I think it is crazy because there are no cases in the area we are cruising and cases in the county we live in California. We call the school and they tell us that if we get a note stating our son does not have corona virus he can go back. We call his doctor’s office and they tell us there is no way they can provide that. They tell us we would have to go to public health. Public health states only to see them if you have symptoms. So I am certainly not taking my healthy son somewhere where there are very sick people. I talk to my wife and parents about extending our stay in Orlando upon our return and going to Disney world for a few days because we have never been. We discuss it and all agree to do so.
On March 7th we finally disembark the ship and take the hour ride to Disneyworld. Everyone is pretty excited. We finally arrive, and it is very crowded. We spend the day in Epcot and my mom seems very quiet. My mom sometimes gets like that when she is uncomfortable. My dad actually is a little pissed because he thinks she is upset we went and the park is too busy. My parents end up going back to the hotel early. We stay and do some rides and make the best out of the crowds. I mean it is Epcot on a Saturday what do you expect?
Sunday we wake up and go to Magic Kingdom. My mom is super quiet. She says she feels kind of off. About 1PM my mom and dad decide to go back to the hotel and rest. We stay and ride a couple rides, park is obviously super crowded. Finally we get back to the hotel around 9PM. My dad says my mom has gone straight to bed when she arrived and that she has a fever.
We wake up Monday morning and my mom is not feeling well. She still has a fever and has now added chills and an uncontrollable cough. My dad stays with my mom and I take my wife and boys to animal Kingdom. My dad tries to get my mom to go to urgent care but she is an incredibly stubborn worman and resists. She has another day of the same symptoms, with them progressing throughout the day. We arrive back late in the evening and go to bed. We are in a one bed room suite and I can hear my mom coughing uncontrollably throughout the night. The driest, painful cough I have ever heard.
Finally we wake up Tuesday morning and my mom is toast. She can’t move barely can talk. I am scared shitless. She is still coughing uncontrollably, but now has added vomiting and diarrhea. We finally convince her that she needs to go to the doctor. She says she has to get ready before going, again very stubborn proud woman. She tries to get out of bed for over an hour but can’t manage to do so. She is just too weak. Everyone at this point is freaking out. Finally I have had enough and call 911!
The EMTs arrive in about 15 minutes. They are in full hazmat gear, shields over there faces and plastics over all their clothes.They say they really don’t know what to do. They take my mom’s vitals and her temp comes back at 100.8. She is 5’5 and about 105 pounds, so she is pretty frail and has heart issues. The EMTs finish all there tests for vitals and say my mom is stable. They offer her the option of going to the hospital and she refuses. They pack up their hazmat shit and leave.
We decide since my mom is so frail that the best option is to call private doctor to the room because my mom is just too weak to get to urgent care. At this point I am sure my mom has the flu, my wife and I had it a couple weeks prior and it kicked our asses. At this time my 4 year old also started to have minor fever. He was the only member of our family not to have the flu so it made sense. The private doctor arrives that afternoon very nice. No hazmat gear, just super casual, tells us she has visited two other cruise ship patients earlier in the day and both tested positive for the flu. At this point I am like this sucks but it is the flu. So the doctor takes my mom’s temperature and it is now 102. She tests for the flu and you should have seen the look in that doctor’s eyes when that test came back negative. She tells us immediately that my mom must go to the hospital.
My mom and dad go to hospital. I stay back with my son that is running the fever. My mom goes into a special room at the hospital. She by passes the lines. No hazmat gear or anything like that. The doctor’s start running tests. They tell my dad it is some type of infection. After running some more tests they say she has pneumonia and that she is free to leave the hospital.
My parents finally return from the hospital at 12:30 in morning and my son is now coughing uncontrollably and burning up. We are planning on leaving that Wednesday and fly back to California. Even though the hospital told my mom that she was free to fly, she was just too weak. My wife and I are stressing if we would be let on the plane because my son obviously has a pretty intense fever. Finally on Wednesday I say good bye to my parents and head to the airport. No one looks or cares that my son has a fever or is coughing uncontrollably. We board the plane and head for California.
Thursday we wake up and I call my dad. My mom is still very weak. No way she can fly. We are having problems getting her meds for her heart because we had extended our trip and she had only brought a few days extra of pills. Finally that gets squared away. I tell my wife we should take my son to the doctor because he still has fever and uncontrollable cough. They ask if we have been out of country and we go through the whole drill. They tell us to bring him in. They see my son and tell us that he has um “a virus”. They say take him home and if he still has the fever on Saturday to bring him back.
Meanwhile my parents are still in Florida and I hear that Disney is closing Disneyland. I call my dad and tell him they got to get the hell out of there because Disneyworld is going to be next. My mom is still super weak. He books the air flight for Friday.
Today my parents head to the airport, my mom is still coughing uncontrollably and is very weak. The plane is delayed and has mechanical issue. After two hours the plane finally takes off and hopefully my parents will arrive soon from the trip from hell.
My dad now has fallen ill and my wife and I feel off. I don’t know if our symptoms will worsen or it will just pass.
I left for this trip with complete faith in our medical system. Maybe that was naive but that is how I felt. After this whole experience, I feel no one has any idea what they are doing or how to handle the situation.
My whole family had:
Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu
And was allowed to fly and roam freely without any Coronavirus testing.
I am not saying we have Coronavirus or not but we were not quarantined, visited theme parks and flew on air planes and were told it was fine to do so by medical professionals.
After my experience the virus is everywhere and probably has already infected hundreds of thousands of people but I guess we will find out.

Very scary story. I wish the very best for you and your family. Please keep us posted..

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And do you really want that here in the US??
I went out to pick up some supplies this evening. All the roads were deserted. Bars and restaurants only had a few cars in parking lot. Pretty much everyone around here is already self quarantining themselves. Only places I saw more then a handful of people were grocery stores and gas stations.

I went and got some groceries also tonight (dumb thing to do probably) and there wasnt many people on the roads. The store wasnt very crowded and most of the shelves were pretty empty....no toilet paper of paper towels of course.

The thing that I did notice that was odd was that the bars were packed. I can just picture a bunch of drunk people in there right now laughing and yelling........ahhhhhh F the Coronavirus!!! Lol

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

9pm. corrected. this it the worst case for us.

Bars too isnt it?

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:Well, we know the virus infects dogs and humans. I have a hunch that if an alien tried to masquerade as a human, they might get the skin color and hair a little wrong. Hell, they may not pronounce words correctly all the time. Sometimes the sentences might make no sense at all. The mannerisms wouldn't seem quite right. But that's all just a hunch of mine.
If anyone is wondering where your people are, they are all on Interstate 95 Northbound from Florida to the South Carolina border. Glad I'm not driving in that shi* anymore.
I've been in BF North Carolina for the last couple of days trying to maintain my distance while taking care of some stuff I had to do. On the way back, I stop at a podunk gas station to fill up and use the bathroom. There's a line. Guess who gets in line behind me? A fella who just got off a cruise ship in Miami this morning. I'm gonna die....

As long as he didnt cough or sneeze on you I think you will be fine.

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Lol our media stops at nothing. Breaking news in Australia the virus has been found in toilet paper. Maybe the medias way to stop everyone buying toilet paper.

Not a problem, my shit will kill anything! This virus has zero chance against my poop i promise you.

#1229 4 years ago

Here is the funny thing about this guys. I never even realized it until I seen this joke but my dad had a friend that worked In a tissue mill and he gave him 3 big rolls of paper just like that about 40 years ago and they are sitting in my garage right now lol. I got enough toilet paper for ten lifetimes and didnt even know it!
IMG_0118 (resized).jpegIMG_0118 (resized).jpeg

#1257 4 years ago

Isnt Italy on total lockdown also? If so how come their numbers keep climbing and getting worse?

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I would think Dominos pizza should hire extra staff. Everyday could be like the super bowl

I just talked to a friend of mine that is a manager of dominos and he said they have been crazy busy and expects that they will be swamped as long as they are allowed to remain open.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Italy has one of the oldest median ages in Europe. The average age of those dying there is 81.

Yeah but it seems like it is still spreading and infecting people instead of slowing down.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stay away from groups of more than 10 people.

I dont understand this. Some people will think that its ok to hang out with their friends when they read this. Im staying away from everybody!

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I like the 1.79 gas prices, and hope that stays for a very long time, other than that I hope everything returns to normal soon and everyone is fine.
Earlier I went to the store hoping to get 20.00 worth of stuff(no tp needed), and was only able to get 8.00 of what I needed. Last Friday I was able to get 0, so a improvement.
And damn, I was just trying to put my items on the belt, and the dude in front of me informed me that I needed to keep my distance. I was not even that close to the dude, people have gone nuts.

You should have started coughing. I bet he would have taken off running like a mad man lol.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

More than half of American jobs are at risk because of coronavirus
Finding new jobs will be tough for those losing paychecks
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/economy/job-losses-coronavirus/index.html
It is all in the link. Sad.

Job loss is definitely going to be terrible when this is all said and done.....that sucks.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Had a buddy (biggest pussy I know) text me Sunday and said "having a comedy movie marathon today if you wanna stop buy, everyone can bring their kids."

Calls me a pussy. Corvis shaming giving strength to the weak.

My girlfriends sister is having a big birthday party for her daughter and her grandson. My gf and her other sisters are scared to go and ask her if she would care to postpone the birthday party. She said no way so they told her that they wouldnt be coming and would just send gifts through the mail. My gf sister is now pissed off and telling them this is just a bunch of BS and there is nothing to be afraid of.

I know I was one of the people who was blowing this off at first and a part of me still believes that it's not going to be as bad as they say but I'm definitely taking this serious regardless. As of right now I'm staying away from people as much as I can. I still have to work but other than that I'm taking it serious and staying home and playing pinball when I'm not working.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Day 3 of quarantine
I haven’t showered in weeks.

Showering is overrated.

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And the US is the only country in the top 8 that has more deaths than recoveries.

There have been lots of people in the U.S. that have had Coronavirus and recovered that was never documented because they didnt go to the doctor. Those are definitely NOT accurate numbers.

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Agreed, but it’s the data we currently have.
These numbers will change as time goes on (for various reasons).

I understand but why report numbers that you KNOW is not accurate?

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, back to my Boomer Bash. They have no freakin’ idea.
Went to the local cafe today to get a coffee. Literally the only people in there, and anywhere for that matter, are Baby Boomers and older. Everyone else is either working from home or self distancing.
Why is everyone else self distancing? To save the f*n’ boomers from getting f*n Covid19.
The world has literally plunged itself into significant economic collapse (and it IS collapsing) by shutting EVERYTHING down, to save these f*n Boomers and they’re out and about saying “I don’t know what the fuss is about. There’s no one here to infect me! This is great, we’ve got the place to ourselves.”
OMFG.

Almost all of the older people that I know are taking this very seriously and staying home.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wuhan Province reported zero new cases today on top of one yesterday. So there is an endgame. Maybe faster if it just runs it's course.
Don't know if it was trusted news reporting. but sounds reasonable.

Do you really believe anything that China says?

#1991 4 years ago

Do not believe anything China says.

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/business/states-grocery-workers-emergency-trnd/index.html
2 states have classed grocery store workers as emergency workers. Minnesota is going to pick up child care costs.
=================================================
In addition to health care workers and first responders, the people on the frontlines of the outbreak also include grocery store employees: the clerks who operate the registers, the staff who stock the shelves, the people who work in distribution and the workers who keep the stores clean.
Now some states are classifying grocery store workers as emergency employees, making them eligible for certain benefits.
===============================

Grocery store workers should be getting paid big money right now for putting their health and lives on the line. I think they deserve a permanent raise as well.

Theres a handicapped boy that works his ass off at a grocery store near me and my gf tried to give him a tip one day because he took the groceries to the car for her and helped her get them in the car but he said he wasnt allowed to take any money. My gf went back inside and asked a lady if she could give him a tip and the lady said that it was store policy that they weren't allowed to accept tips. What a bummer that is. This kid works extremely hard and deserves every tip he could get.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is the best video I’ve seen all week. And while I’m not generally a fan of the Gen Z’rs, they are right about this one. I think they should keep partying and F authority who pretend they have a valid plan to stop this

I think that kid is the stupidest MF I've ever seen and he's a disrespectful piece of shit. If I was his dad I'd beat his ass.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I guess you weren’t a kid huh? Sounds you’re only worried about your own needs. I hope these kids don’t listen to old farts like you and keep L-I-V-I-N

Yes I was a kid and I was wild as fuck but if something this serious would have happened I would have been respectful of the older people who are at risk and I would have done my part as a U.S. citizen to help get rid of this virus. I have always respected my elders.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sure you would have.

Ok sure buddy. Like you know me..

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The Pennsylvania governor just ordered all non-life sustaining busineses in PA to close at 8PM tonight. Enforcement to begin midnight Friday/Saturday by state and local police. I imagine there will be a court fight over that, as his powers may not include the ability to make this order.

I wonder what they do in the cases where someone has to be on a job that is not life saving? My job is not a life saving job but someone has to be there because there is equipment that cannot be turned off and it has to be monitored.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

You have to understand the youth's (Genz and Mil) perspective. As a Gen Xer I sit back with interest and curiosity as I am not a target of their angst, the baby boomers are. A lot of them want accelerationism. They don't want to live in these times any longer and they absolutely do not relate to boomers whom rely on legacy corporate media (FoxNews, Abc, MSNBC, etc.) for their information. They actually recognize those media firms to be mere propaganda wings of the DNC and RNC, which in all honesty, they are. They want nothing to do with the establishment parties (see growing support for more "extreme" candidates), where as many boomers put party before country. I digress. As I mentioned, they want accelerationism as they feel we live in "clown town". They want to hit the reset button on both sides of the isle for varying reasons. In fact on many forums they are hoping for the corona virus to be "the happening". They are praying it doesn't become a "nothing burger". They are tired of the baby boomers. Below are examples of memes of which you will find a plethora of on the internet.
Again, don't flame me. I'm just telling you their perspective.

This isnt about politics or fox news or CNN news, it's about getting through this thing and respecting your elders and doing your part for the good of this country. I'm sure that they dont hate their grandparents and they dont want them to catch this and die so why wouldnt they care about other older people in this country?

I know they are young and dont see things the way older people do but if they cant see the importance of this and if they don't have any respect for older people then they are totally useless assholes to our society.

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think it is like the meme states. They feel the boomers have squander everything out of selfishness leaving them nothing. No jobs, fucked up times, massive debt, etc. The boomers didn't give a fuck about the youth so why would they give a fuck about boomers. In their eyes the boomers did no good (for them), so why should they do good for boomers. I think that's it in a nutshell.

I dont understand at all. Before this happened there were tons of jobs and there will be once this is over too.

What have boomers did to anyone that was wrong? All the boomers that I know have worked their asses off their whole lives and paid their own way through life without asking for handouts. Most boomers that I know are still hard workers even right now. I'm not q Boomer for the record but I really look up to the boomers.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’ll just pickup your pins for cheap when you have a heart attack for no good reason

You seriously are a worthless human being. You should be ashamed of yourself but i know that you are too stupid to realize how big of an azzhole you are. You are a sad excuse for a person.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Isnt free Money from the Govt a "socialist" move?
Just checking.

What do you want to do Art let the economy collapse? I bet that would make you happy wouldnt it?

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Wait, are the libs now denying the Wu flu started in China bc it's offensive?

I think so. Who knows what the hell they are thinking. Whatever it is its probably wrong.

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No, Just rhetoric. At some point, this money will come and go, and the politics of a Trillion dollars here and a Trillion dollars there will come into question. Was it done right? Did people steal Money because this was done fast? I dont know..
What I do know is the current philosophy of our leader is to solve everything with Money.
Sometimes I question this logic....Im not against it....Id like that check like everyone else,
but we both know how this will be politicized in the future, just as Health care was recently deemed..."
"Who is going to pay for all those socialist bills....get a Job"
Of course, this isnt on Pinside, but you know the rhetoric regarding "Liberal handouts"
Im hoping those that have this in their views, might see what is happening now as no different.

You are playing armchair QB an awful lot and of course you wont give any credit to the people in charge. This is a situation that has never happened before or at least in the last 100 years so there are no easy answers here. Why not give the guy a break and be a good American and get behind him instead of hoping he fails? That would kill you to do that wouldn’t it?

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Actually there’s a big difference. Liberal handouts refer to rewarding the losers and drug addictics in society with a reward. Much different than rewarding innocent people who were hard working on this weeks case. Those people actually are taxpayers and have money. That’s far from a liberal handout

Hated to give you an upvote but you finally said something that makes sense.

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont give alot of credit to those in charge today, that is true.
But this happened:
The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.
Ill let you accept the firing was for money, but lets consider it was a program of the past administration for a reason.
This alone cost us 8 weeks.
Why didnt Germany offer us WHO tests? Tell me please?

I don’t know what happened there and neither do you so no need to even discuss it. He is doing a great job though imo and we should get behind him because we gotta get through this shit.

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not all, and gross generalities are poor.
I am disabled. I needed Disability. I have Paid Tons of taxes, being in business.
I had the paperwork moving with an Attorney, if you can believe I need an attorney for aid,
and it was shutdown in the current administration.
Attorney advised me good luck, it isnt going to happen.
Why was this service I PAID into denied? Not my condition at all.

I know several people under the last administration that couldnt get disability either and they truly deserved it. Its not and never has been an easy thing to get........well at least for the people who really need it. Seems like some people get it way too easy. Its a flawed system and this didnt just happen in the last three years and you know it.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I can only speak for myself. Under the previous administration, it was hard but not impossible.
It is now impossible.
So put yourself in my shoes. My medication and treatments, plus insurance runs $62,000 a year.
A need to earn $100,000 just to pay my medical.
I cant work, period, more than a few hours, if I can stand. No one will hire full time, with a good plan.
So, I can go on Medicaid....That makes me a loser and a taker. cut the program.
Many of my meds ARE not covered by medicaid, so please die, even though I paid in to the system, like you, like taxes.
I can Use the ACA, but thats a Horrible Ugly thing, that the President wants gone, with no plan to share.
I could set up trusts, and use the ER and abuse the system. That loop hole is gone, and treatment is no longer offered.
So tell me. You are Me. How do you stay Alive?
Yes, my wife works, with several surgeries, part time for our local Government for $10 an hour, no benefits, if she works full time with benefits, the plan wont cover my meds, and wont earn enough
to cover food.
Tell her to get a higher paying Job? at 60, partially disabled....Who is giving away $100-$200,00 jobs?
What would you do?
For you, your life, I respect it is different. For me, it is Life and death.

I have no doubts that your situation is bad and it's not right that you cant get disability either if you are truly disabled. I have issues myself that I dont want to go into and I honestly think that I would be a good candidate for disability but like you they would probably turn me down so I just keep going to work and grinding it out.

I dont have any answers for your problems and I feel bad for you that you are in the position that you are in, I sincerely mean that. How do you actually make enough money for your medicine and other Bill's? You live in a nice home on a nice area looks like and you also have some pinball machines. I do envy you for that!

I had a friend who was like 26 years old and had stage 4 rheumatoid arthritis and he was in so much pain that he couldn't stand it and he definitely couldn't work and he really did want to work. He tried and tried to get disability and they kept turning him down. Unfortunately he couldn't take the pain anymore and he had no money because he couldn't get his disability that he so much deserved and decided to leave this world. That was under the previous administration by the way.

It was really sad and I think he kinda looked up to me and he always wanted my advice on things but when he would tell me how much pain he was in I felt terrible because I had no answers for him other than to hang in there and maybe there will be some new meds that could help him or something. It literally broke my heart when his gf texted me and told me that he had passed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.