(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cottonelle is great too.

Says someone who has never used Charmin Ultrasoft.

#262 4 years ago

2-week mandatory quarantine for all arrivals to Israel now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51809818

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like they docked the latest death ship in Oakland instead of San Pedro.

Wasn't it kinda obvious it was going to Oakland? Granted, I haven't been back that way in a long time.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. I was pretty high last night watching the news. I thought they said it was going to dock in San Pedro, but that is another death ship they decided not to launch.

I wasn't trying to suggest you should have been aware. Just that you have a ship full of people nobody wants and it's gotta dock somewhere in California. Where's it gonna go? Survey says?? Oakland. I guess maybe San Pedro too.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And now, just got the email from my kids elementary school. Parent/family from school has been exposed to a positive person. They are in 14 day quarantine. Somehow they don’t qualify for a test either....yet they are 100% sure they were exposed.
Not sure what course of action to take here.

If you can do it, I'd consider keeping the kids home for a week or 2. Once it gets in the school, it's gonna spread.

#435 4 years ago
#479 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I keep waiting for the first famous person to announce they have it or even die from it. I think that will make it real for a lot of people. Like when Magic announced he had HIV.

Tom Hanks supposedly...

#492 4 years ago

Bike Week Daytona attendee now diagnosed with Coronavirus.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Anyone hear from Ice lately?[quoted image]

Ice?

ice (resized).PNGice (resized).PNG

#576 4 years ago

If u want some coronavirus, join us at costco. Flipping insane. But they do have baby wipes and beer.

#617 4 years ago

Costco was nutz. Sam's was a little less nutz. I'm completely nutz for going to both today. Sam's is still giving out food samples if you can believe that. Watched an old guy stand a foot from an employee's face talking directly at him. Old people and retail employees are going to be dropping like flies.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The US has now tested 11,000 people. That is equal to the amount S. Korea is testing per day.

Can I still fly to Korea?

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How does Sam's giving out free food samples put people in danger of getting the coronavirus? Serious question.....not trying to be a smartass.

I can tell you are not a connoisseur of free samples at Sams and Costco. You got lots of hands reaching for the same small tray for something they are going to stick in their mouth. The server has touched the samples. The customers have gotten real damn close to them. Lots of breathing going on there. Any retailer with a clue would shut that shi* down during a pandemic. Costco did.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah. I was looking at the map and surprisingly Africa doesn't look to be getting hit that hard either. Was wondering if perhaps this virus doesn't do so well in too much heat or too much cold. Like how The Andromeda Strain could only survive in a certain range of PH.
I'll go back to sleep now.

I'm thinking your average country in Africa probably does even less Coronavirus testing than the US. I could be wrong though...

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from PocketSnacks:

Costco is much more civilized. A nice lady with white gloves puts pre-portioned samples in little white cups, and you just pick up the little cup without touching anything else. Sometimes there's even a tiny spoon included for consuming your vittles. It's delightful.

Haha! Yeah, not in my Costco.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah I have to stock up this weekend. Beer bullets and a box of twinkies.

Good luck! It was a zoo today. Even for those who think this is BS, the threat of lockdown is real. Are you gonna ignore that, or are you gonna stock up on beer and twinkies?

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

My girlfriend is a server. Florida is in peak spring break and snowbird travel season.
I explained to her that for the few thousand she will lose out in 1 month it's not worth her getting exposed or exposing me or any other people.
Had her call her boss and tell him she is seeking work elsewhere and having her hunker down with me.
It was 1 thing before reports of permanent lung damage and scarring but now there is no way I'm letting that vector fly.

I drove up 95 from Florida to the Carolinas. I think the snowbirds are leaving early. Crazy traffic the entire way.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel like the President of the United States. I can shake the hands of sick people and still never get ill.

Well, we know the virus infects dogs and humans. I have a hunch that if an alien tried to masquerade as a human, they might get the skin color and hair a little wrong. Hell, they may not pronounce words correctly all the time. Sometimes the sentences might make no sense at all. The mannerisms wouldn't seem quite right. But that's all just a hunch of mine.

If anyone is wondering where your people are, they are all on Interstate 95 Northbound from Florida to the South Carolina border. Glad I'm not driving in that shi* anymore.

I've been in BF North Carolina for the last couple of days trying to maintain my distance while taking care of some stuff I had to do. On the way back, I stop at a podunk gas station to fill up and use the bathroom. There's a line. Guess who gets in line behind me? A fella who just got off a cruise ship in Miami this morning. I'm gonna die....

#1232 4 years ago

Sierra Nevada Breweries are closed to visitors effective today. I visited yesterday just to grab a t-shirt and take a piss. I wish I hadn't even gone in. It was packed.

#1248 4 years ago

Mass schools are now out for3 weeks.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Buy stock in ventilators, the feds just told all the State govs to try and get them on your own...so it’s a vent competition state vs state. Like a horrible reality show.

Pretty scary what's going on right now. Maybe Jack Ma will donate some. Even Boris Johnson gets it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51914490

#1412 4 years ago

A major federal agency closed to the public starting tomorrow.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll bite...

Not willing to say, but the info is legit and it’s not the space force.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

Eloquently expressed.
If he ain't gonna tell, then don't mention.

If one agency closes to the public tomorrow, the rest will follow in short order. Let me just clarify, you can still call in, but you can't visit a local office. If that info isn't useful to you, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm just glad the feds are starting to take this seriously. The lack of direction we've experienced so far has been scary.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was still able to scroll down thru the paywall and read the article. There are other articles about the situation in Mexico that it appears they are taking it very lightly with the virus just starting to spread there.

When I was a kid, I never went to the doctor for anything. Not to stereotype, but the Mexicans I know are kinda like that.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Our banks are closed, just drive up and ATM.

Yes, and banks are well prepared for handling your needs even when they are closed. Think about that...

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I know mine is, but business as usual other than not having public visitors. Telework is king.

If your agency is well prepared for that.

#1458 4 years ago

Did anybody else see the patient with the fogged up full helmet on NBC news? I don’t think we were supposed to see that.

#1536 4 years ago

According to the Washington Post, the VA changed its mission statement sometime Friday evening. Note the old one at the top and the new one below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/03/16/va-fourth-mission-website/

ms (resized).PNGms (resized).PNG

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It sounds like the TP makers have been running at full capacity for some time with little room to ramp production. This virus is upsetting their demand models.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/business/toilet-paper-supply-chain-coronavirus/index.html
"Demand for Marcal toilet paper from retail customers is up over 25%, he said. "Paper machines already run 24/7. There's only so much we can do with any incremental increase in demand because there is no surplus capacity."
=====================================
I'm guessing that those who did not stock up with the first run will clean the shelves if they ever get

Well, they could go single ply only.

#1645 4 years ago

UF is now making students leave the dorms. They have to take all their shi* too. I guess they are figuring this is going to last more than a few weeks.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

USA looks like it could surpass France. US recovery rate not very good compared to France. Actually, the US death rate to recovery rate is abysmal.

We've tested so few people. I think that and the nursing home outbreak kinda skews it.

One of the 4 confirmed positive UF students thinks he picked it up in Portugal. He went to the clinic with symptoms but they would not initially test for coronavirus as he didn't meet guidelines. I could believe my daughter has already had it. She was sick the entire week of spring break. She never had a cough, but she had the chills, was achy and kept a high fever for days. Lack of a cough probably saved us from getting it then.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Good to see Florida is heeding the warnings

Most of those aren’t actually Floridians.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Canada? Isn't that the place all of the drug companies want me to think it is a Third World country? "don't buy your drugs from Canada. Their safety cannot be assured."

On 60 Minutes a couple of weeks ago, they did a segment on the cost of prescription meds in the US. There is an insurance company that will give US customers with certain prescriptions a free vacay in Mexico if they will get their prescriptions while they are there. Crazy...

#1828 4 years ago

Remember that clip about exponential growth? Confirmed cases outside China nearly tripled in 6 days.

exponential (resized).PNGexponential (resized).PNG

#1832 4 years ago

It's coming. There's just no way we're not gonna be doing some version of what they are doing in Italy. We just get a little longer to prepare/pretend.

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It will take sometime for the results of the border closings, people staying home, etc. before the curves outside of China showing the new cases of the Chinese covid-19 virus to start flattening.

Testing isn't up to demand yet and maybe not for a while. That graph is probably much worse in reality.

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Surprisingly, not a lot of religious talk going on, anywhere.

I thought Ice was sounding kinda religious?

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just do not understand how this all happened to us.

Smartphones got cheap enough that anyone could afford one and Facebook/Twitter.

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Think I'm as good as vaccinated now.
Just got back from Lowes and Walmart and used the bathroom there.

Did they have TP?

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ok, IT IS Planet of the Apes!

They better hope those monkeys can't get infected. Game over!

#2085 4 years ago

My gas station is out of everything except high grade and the clerk said they were told supply runs were being minimized due to coronavirus. Take the latter for what you will, but they are about out of gas and it will get nutz once everybody else realizes this.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As long as the supply line has some gas I don't give a shit if mom can fill up the minivan. Nobody should be going anywhere anyway.

I'm moving my kid out of her dorm and probably have a couple more runs to make. It is a concern for me.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

People are going to shit if the Nationwide Quarantine is announced tomorrow.

When does it supposedly go into effect?

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hospital staffs were briefed today, to expect an announcement from the President.
With a Flat Dow Today, I am guessing tomorrow late afternoon before closing hours.
Of Course, he could delay.
I have heard this from Doctors and Nurses in my Family in 3 different states.
Major National Guard move is next....they are ready. (Family and Neighbor- 2 Generals)

Surely it won’t be effective immediately. I just gotta get my kid home from school. It will be pandemonium this weekend regardless I suppose.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Pretty much everything you eat in the next year will be made by you or an immediate family member. God bless the people who know how to cook and do it well by improvising and substituting.

Can one of you farmer types start a gardening in your backyard for the apocalypse thread?

#2260 4 years ago

This was just posted in the stock market thread but bears repeating here...

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/488575-california-gov-newsom-orders-all-californians-to-stay-in-homes

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, I've been at home almost the entire week smoking and drinking my brains out waiting for the first symptoms to arrive.... and nothing.

Dude, pollen is all over everything here. I'm constantly trying to decide if it's just allergies or something else. I'm pretty sure it's just allergies, but.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.