(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Dogford_Studios:

Had a local student come back from a trip to Italy. Was diagnosed and was told to self-quarantine. Instead, he choose to go to a keg party. Now here in a rural area we are probably going to have a lot of sick people, local businesses (movie theaters, restaurants, events) will suffer. Even the local hospital is advising people to put off appointments which will affect their bottom line.

To be fair, I heard that kegger fuckin' ruled man! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

[quoted image]

This is pretty lazy and stupid. NONE of those things on this dumb list was advertised as GOING TO KILL US ALL (really?! The BP spill was the best they could come up with for 2010? I mean, just leave that year blank if it's best you can do. Same with 2008, 2000, 2001, 2013...). And I haven't heard anybody suggest that THIS is GOING TO KILL US ALL.

#245 4 years ago

We need a gofundme to send Ice to the stock market floor with a bullhorn, where he can just yell at everybody and tell them they are stupid morons. Should fix the market by close!

I mean, it sucks for sure. Can't imagine how much $ I've lost the last few weeks! Giddyup Ice, save us!

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Posted this in the wrong thread...
Well this just dropped:
• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

Their competence and honesty is refreshing. Would be nice if everybody embraced this M.O.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My buddy told my to bring a bottle to work and each time a customer comes in wearing a mask, I should take a shot.

Your buddy is an idiot and I’m guessing unemployed!

#483 4 years ago

Earlier tonight I heard it’s super unlikely you or anybody you know will get it.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This should surprise absolutely no one. “Erroneously”. Funny.

They are just making it up as they go along. Shocker.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

2 days ago you thought we were idiots and this was nothing...

THE MEDIA THE MEDIA!!!

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like the Nascar race in Atlanta on Sunday will go on, the following week in Miami not so much.

Not a chance Sunday’s race happens.

Denial still running rampant. Acceptance for most by tomorrow.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So are international packages from Europe banned?

Nobody knows.

These idiots are completely making this up as they go along and nobody can trust anything being said.

#707 4 years ago

I think at this point we can assume everything is closed for “a month.”

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Well, since you brought it up. Some people are already speculating that the reason there is no travel ban to the UK and Ireland is because someone owns golf courses there.

Lol classic.

#799 4 years ago

Cotton been crushing these threads with cold hard truth.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

New virus cases out side of China keep going up.
Iran does NOT have it under control. Spain is going up. The Scandinavian countries are getting hit pretty hard with new cases. China is looking better but has not stopped it completely.
Italy got religion and locked everybody down. Will the US or any other countries have the gonads to follow China and Italy?
[quoted image]

The number of people is growing who are saying "cases are going DOWN in china, which is GROUND ZERO!" as if that matters, here, as good news when it comes to canceling things.

We are literally months behind China. So yes, maybe CHINA will be hosting pinball tournaments in June, but I don't see how that translates here.

People read the data how they want to, as shown by the people who keep proudly pointing to the "low" (and growing rapidly) number of cases here.

I could post some data showing the Earth is on a direct course for the sun and I guess people would hail it as good news if it fits with their general world view.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Declaration of 'National Emergency Declaration' likely tonight, with FEMA becoming heavily involved.
Hopefully they will handle it better than the Katrina aftermath...

The beforemath results are not promising.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Vocabulary is great. For those who might not understand, I’ll define it in terms they might get...a very great, some say beautiful, fear of freightingly, bigly ...really, outstandingly affraidness, of uh really beautiful thing really, like big, great numbers, greater than 10 and uh 3. Thanks!
Oh yeah, really big time, bigly fake news

Isn’t America sick of this used car salesman schtick by now? It’s like living in an infomercial.

Everything is wonderful, big, fantastic, tremendous, tremendous, tremendous , amazing, frankly.

Enough already! My lord.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I always feel like I'm watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High
"Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. “Isn’t this great?”

Lmao I’ve made that comparison many times. Damone for president!

“Hey, look at this virus response. Isn’t it great? Tremendous. Some countries, not so much. But here it’s just been amazing, frankly. Really
Fantastic.”

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would much rather have Spicoli in charge!

I don’t know. Damone can get us Earth Wind and Fire tickets.

What’s spicoli’s platform?

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Raise your hand if this virus has hit home and affected your life, yet........

Everybody with a tpf ticket is raising their hands.

Everybody who had to figure out what to do with their kids since school is out? Raising their hands.

I think you’d be hard-pressed to find someone whose routine or behavior hasn’t been altered in any way by this.

Hilton maybe.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Already happening here in Houston, starting tonight. The employees need some breathing room.

Absolutely. If anybody is getting lost in the shuffle of this it's retail workers.

You couldn't pay me $1000 an hour to do that job right now. Mixing with huge crowds of the general public all day along with a big workforce during a pandemic...The health and safety issues are outrageous. They are, right now, among the early heroes of this debacle.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Told today from someone in the know that virus may also live on non-disinfected surfaces for up to 29 days, not just 9 days. It’s ability to infect though after x amount of days is up for debate.

I think that’s only the SLE edition of the virus.

The pro only lasts 9 days.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It bugs me when there is a headline in the news like “2500 cases of coronavirus in the US”. That’s just the number of positive test results which seems kind of meaningless when there is so little testing in a country of 350,000,000 people. Why does the media report the number like it’s an accurate total number of cases, then compare it with the totals in other parts of the world? So stupid. I’m guessing millions of people believe it too.

as far as I can tell the media is saying 2,500 CONFIRMED cases and are being quite clear that only 16,000 tests have been done here.

I learned from the media that the number of infections is many, many times higher than that.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the better articles I’ve read. Seems fairly objective and based on fact. All common sense really and not to be sneezed at (see what I did there).
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Edit: it’s a bit of a slog to read. Probably not ideal for the 2 second social measure attention span. Maybe someone can do. TikTok interpretation of it.

My takeaway over the last few days is that we should be in an Italy style lockdown NOW, not in 2 weeks.

#1050 4 years ago

You can’t enforce it but you can mandate it.

We’ll see how it works out in Tea Neck:

6:51 p.m. NJ mayor says town is 'ground zero,' asks residents to self-quarantine
Mohammed Hameeduddin, the mayor of Teaneck, New Jersey, told ABC News that he is requesting all residents self-quarantine and only leave their homes for food and medicine.

Hameeduddin said that his town is "ground zero" for the infections in the state. At the moment, Teaneck has 18 cases of COVID-19, but he believes people have been walking around with the virus for the past four weeks.

In coordination with the county emergency management and executive, the decision was made to close all schools, municipal buildings, parks and other places people can congregate.

The mayor said that the town's more than 41,000 residents should stay home, avoid interaction and assume that if they were to leave that they would become infected.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I don't disagree but you cant enforce it. Any one one of those 41000 residents will leave to get supplies. There is no way to enforce it.

It would help. Yes of course you’ll get
Stragglers but it’s will vastly
Reduce the number of people outside. Especially if almost everything is closed too.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dinner Table Debate tonight was why was there a run on Meat that started Friday, or this week mostly, weeks later than Toilet Paper, Hand Sanitizer, etc...
The most agreed upon, was it was a Hoax, that became a National Emergency.....
Some People eat more Meat?

Well, we can always eat each other, but there’s just no substitute for toilet paper.

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So Grocery Store Clerks, Water Plant Operators, Power Plant and Cell Phone providers just became the most essential Employees in the Nation?

Yeah, pretty much.

They all deserve big hazard pay.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from RSKrouse:

Just keep Sea-Tac airport open for 3 more days so I can get the hell out of here before the lockdown begins! (Toiletpaperless in Seattle)

Three days?

I hope you've secure a long-term place to crash if needed.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Or the most doomed. Not looking forward to going back to work Monday at all. At least the medical field/ first responders have proper PPE. Us grocery employees will be rubbing elbows with every person coming into the store with nothing but latex gloves.

At the very least you should be getting OT or hazard pay. Someone should let management know.

#1137 4 years ago

Gotta think the toilet paper panic is over by now, no?

Everybody has to have more
Than enough by now!

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The hoarding thing must be regional, as I haven’t seen empty shelves on anything around here.

yeah me neither. I’m sure it’s happening, but my downstairs market and the bigger supermarket a few blocks away have all been fully stocked and sane through all of this.

#1146 4 years ago

All but the most stubborn morons in pinball realize this now. I don't think we'll see any large pinball gatherings again till the Fall.

Anybody still insisting on doing smaller events - league nights, etc. - should have their heads examined. There's still a few irresponsible, stubborn hold outs.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

We are in the easiest war we have ever faced as a country. To win it, all we have to do is stay home, watch Netflix and eat Doritos for 2-3 weeks. I am afraid we are going to lose.

I know. It's bizarre. Americans love doing this ANYWAY. So why the pushback?

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I tend to agree with you, but I still think this is going to be very rough for the next 2 months, especially in NYC. I just dont see any way they can keep the infection rates down without shutting the city down.

THe city will be shut down this week. I'd hope an announcement coming tomorrow. NYC City Council Speaker and Comptroller both calling for it.

It boggles my mind that bars and restaurants are still open. Young people were crowding many bars last night. And the fact that movie theaters are still operating is insane.

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Its amazing. Its happening here too, but obviously on a much smaller scale. I just dont get it or understand people. The next few months will be very telling. Goodluck to all of you in NYC.

The last meal out I had was lunch on Thursday at ollies Szechuan on 42nd street, the afternoon I was sent to work from home indefinitely.

It was completely empty. I decided I’d start taking this seriously. I basically eat out 3 times a day so I thought it would take some getting used to but it’s been pretty easy. Just washing a lot more dishes.
05EB3AA4-BD9C-4BFE-8A78-03B135A39F7F (resized).jpeg05EB3AA4-BD9C-4BFE-8A78-03B135A39F7F (resized).jpeg

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm a charter member of this club.
Looks like the entire world has finally conformed to my way of living.
Oh, and the Little Ceasars down the street is busier than ever. Try the thin crust extra most bestest.

Disgusting!

DOn't you have a grill?!

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I heard an interview the other day with your governor. He sounded like he was really on top of things, very competent and his interview was on point.
It was actually nice to see someone in Govt that was so articulate and well informed about this crisis.

Yes, it's been left almost entirely to local governments to fill the leadership vacuum.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have watched the first three Planet of the Apes recently. Waiting for them to show Conquest and Battle so I can record them. Got all the Dirty Harrys too. And then some.

There's like 6 Dirty Harry movies and only two good ones. The rest all kind of blend together for me.

The first one and Sudden Impact are great.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Magnum Force. "A man's got to know his limitations". Jack Lemmon should have got an Oscar for his China Syndrome.

Well, it sure beats "looks like you're shit outta luck."

That one just didn't catch on.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Surprisingly Illinois is leading the charge in sanity

Yeah I’m embarrassed that Ohio and Illinois are moving faster than NYC.

#1251 4 years ago

It’s great to see these states doing this.

Without strong guidance coming from the top states are taking positive action that could help get us out of this sooner.

#1256 4 years ago

Cheers Mayor DeBlasio!

Beat to the punch by Ohio, but better late than never!

Meanwhile the CDC recommends against gatherings of 50+. Seems a little high, no?

0646BF84-CB3C-422D-B697-1EB05A6CBBD5 (resized).jpeg0646BF84-CB3C-422D-B697-1EB05A6CBBD5 (resized).jpeg

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The numbers don't lie, a couple thousand deaths? Try 2-5% of the entire population if they can't get a hold of it. Please educate yourself you might save a life or four

If people don’t get it by now, will they ever?

#1322 4 years ago

Yeah I’m gonna go about my normal day except I have a generator strapped on my back and a very high capacity hair dryer in my hand at all times.

I’m gonna go bowling!

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

They dont have those numbers on this virus yet. We have no idea how many people have it but have not been diagnosed. These people would have gotten better without being counted. So your statistics which you couched with the term "probably" dont influence me. What does, is the cratering of our economy. if i cant work, i cant earn money. if i cant earn money, i cant pay my bills.Thats very real to me.

Tough Titty dude.

I’d much rather take chances with our economy than with public health. That’s what this is all about.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sounds to me like you are watching too much Sean Hanity.

People are gonna find that garbage harder to give up than going out to eat.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Presidential press conference at 3:30 again today in an effort to boost the market at the last minute. We may see some Stafford act action.

Can’t wait.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Note to self: visit Finland (well, when this crisis is over).

Finland is awesome. Can’t wait to go back and enjoy another longero!

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll bite...

Probably that commission they set up to find "voter fraud."

Either that or the "space force." Either way we are just going to have to find a way to survive without them.

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just hope it skips gen-x. They so far seem like the most selfish, self centered bunch.

OK BOOMER!

#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Well, in terms of my pinside response to this crisis, I’d give myself a 10. Not to brag, but I’ve been perfect. Moderators may not agree but it’s a 10.

I mean you just have to be honest and frank sometimes. Really 11 out of 10 probably more accurate.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Especially people who are afraid not to suck up to you, that's the absolute best feedback you can get.

I just want to say you guys have been doing a tremendous job. Fantastic. Amazing. Tremendous. 10 out of 10.

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The White House is getting religion.
Stay away from groups of more than 10 people.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/politics/white-house-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html
"The White House advised all Americans to avoid groups of more than 10 and urged older people to stay at home altogether in a set of new guidelines designed to fight a spreading coronavirus outbreak.
"The new guidance, which President Donald Trump announced from the White House in an uncharacteristically sober press conference, reflected the heightened gravity of the situation facing the country as more and more people become infected.
More at the link.

Last night they said 50 is ok.

Now they say 10.

The correct number is probably 1.

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Read the comments.....Still blaming Democrats for this Hoax, while sharing those stories
are for the trolls.

These people are ruining our country.

They root for an ideology like a sports team.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My sister-in-law even told me I was not American because I read fake news CNN. We are still communicating but it is strained.

My family is awesome. Seriously.

We don’t have problems at thanksgiving.

#1491 4 years ago

ifpa pulls the plug.

Good
Move guys.

I guess Even “small tournaments” are done for now. Very happy to see them take action.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

....and that is awful. Now imagine 10-20 years worth of that happening in one year. That’s what we’re facing if we don’t stop this.

At this point I find it really hard to even care about people who say things like This. They are a lost
Cause.

Just stay home and hope you don’t cross infectious paths with one of these idiots.

#1501 4 years ago

We can never forget the criminal incompetence that occurred here. We can never forget what happened here, and the people who allowed it to happen. The people who CHEERED IT ON.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more disappointed in our country.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Norway goes right to the jugular![quoted image]

It’s so funny, that for all the “tremendous, amazing, tremendous, terrific, frankly” qualities of the USA, the rest of the world sees us as a third world country. Sad!

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Good catch Coindork!! Thanks for the truth.

“The truth” hardly changes anything.

The developed world looks at USA and sees a partially developed country with poor infrastructure, and they are correct.

This “Chinese virus” is exposing the lie of “American exceptionalism” and we should all be embarrassed.

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Casinos in Vegas already looking for bailouts too.
Won't somebody think of the casinos!!!

They’ll get a sympathetic ear. The people in charge know a lot about bankrupt casinos.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Take all the current cases divided by their population.
Numbers don’t lie people (media) do.

Media are heroes.

People like you repeating this misleading, disgusting "happy talk" minsinformation are villiains. Thank god the media have been doing their jobs to combat this kind of garbage.

Over-reaction is the only proper reaction to something like this. I think most people are finally starting to figure that out.

#1608 4 years ago

This upvote/downvote nonsense...

several years ago I turned off downvoting.

I don't see any downvotes. I can't leave any downvotes. Only upvotes.

I have zero idea why they even have a "downvote" option here. It's stupid and always causes fights. I haven't seen or left a downvote in years and my forum experience is exponentially better because of it.

I suggest you all do the same. It's an easy adjustment in your profile settings.

#1615 4 years ago

Thanks for the upvotes gang!!!

As usual I have a perfect upvote to downvote shutout going on!

I'm awesome.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

The game show host said today...[quoted image]

I think he’s more like a used car salesman than a game show host now. Or maybe Ron poppeil.

When he talks I think I’m trapped in an infomercial.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Mother Nature must be loving all these closures.

I’m hearing the air is better in China than it’s been in 40 years.

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Democrats wanted to tank the economy and make health care the main election topic. I’m doing so, they created widespread panic by exaggerating the threat. Well....it’s gonna backfire on them.

Lmao!

Perfect satire. Yes, this is what Fox News is likely saying. Well done!

#1666 4 years ago

It’s what everyone is saying

the best people, frankly.

#1667 4 years ago

He was called a racist for banning travel from China while in the middle of impeachment hearings. Looks like the best move of the 21st century so far.
Where are the moderators to stop all the political talk here?

Maybe they are as fed up with that fucking dip shit moron bullshit artist as the rest of us?

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Yes absolutely, its not the medical staff working 36 hours a day , or the researchers working feverishly to find new anti viral drugs for this. or the parents who suddenly find themselves unemployed trying to find ways to make ends meet. its the talking heads who tell us what to think. They read stuff so swell off the teleprompters that it must be true. Everyone raise your Koolaid glasses and toast -"to the media"

There are many heroes silly. I don’t live in a world where there’s only “one person alone” who can fix it.

Media, health care, grocery store, pharmacy, and retail workers, food processing...plenty of heroes to go around.

#1692 4 years ago

So if the delivery driver has it, how does people staying in their house gonna be safe?
Or the cashier wearing gloves to protect themselves handling everyone’s cash and cards and food and drinks?
Everyone will be exposed eventually. False sense of security

How. Many. Times.

the idea is to SLOW IT DOWN.

Come on man. Help us help you. Please.

Do you really hate all of us that much that you want 3 percent of us dead? We may disagree on stuff but we aren’t bad people! We all like pinball!

You do raise a good point. It’s very difficult. In China, they have been leaving dinner 6 feet away from you. You pick it up. You’ve already paid via credit card online or on the phone. They are constantly checking the temperature of both the cooks and the delivery person.

We just have to do the best we can to get through this. TOGETHER.

I know that sounds tough but let’s just try. Please.

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I guess we can just change the title of the thread to "COVID political trashing thread". Seems like every other post is someone trying to out do the other.

We are all pretty crabby and anxiety-ridden. It sucks.

I probably took my last bike ride around town. It’s getting weird out there. Times Square was very unsettling. Lots of hustlers walking around. Bizarre clusters of tourists. It seemed like 1989 all over again.

On the avenues people are starting to get stupid. Driving really dumb. Just unsettling.

We rode bikes down 7th ave to my office to pick some stuff up and came back. I’m feeling a lot better just sitting at home.

We may go out tomorrow for short walks but I don’t think we are venturing out too far anymore.

#1725 4 years ago

Probably seen this already but it put a smile on my face

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Let me tell ya about my day,
After having off Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm back to work at the grocery store. They cut out store level ordering. Corporate is just going to send us what the warehouses have. I normally order all the dairy products, teas, eggs and bread. This usually keeps me in the back room or office for a couple hours a day. So now I'm spending all my time out on the floor stocking shelves with my guys. About half way through the day I have this women standing about two feet away and starts having a coughing fit. She's right beside me! I have people on the other side of me, people behind me! I stopped what I was doing, exhaled and walked away as quick as I could. We have 5 confirmed cases just 10 miles away. We are not provided with any type of mask, hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes. But it's my job, have to go. Planning on retiring early so just 5 more years and now I have to deal with this crap. Just waiting on the call to tell me not to come to work because someone in the store has it or a customer that was there has it. Fun times here too.

I was not kidding.

Workers - especially at grocery stores and pharmacies - are heroes in all this. And any recovery legislation needs to ensure retail workers are taken care of. Yeah, we'll be bailing out the billionaires as fucking usual, but this time around everybody needs to be helped. Or our economy will never recover.

It's absolutely outrageous that they aren't providing proper Protective Equipemnt, sanitizer, or keeping the stores constantly clean, and enforcing 6 foot spread on customers. Just awful. I doubt you want to tell us where to work. It's not union, is it?

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Let me tell ya about my day,
After having off Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm back to work at the grocery store. They cut out store level ordering. Corporate is just going to send us what the warehouses have. I normally order all the dairy products, teas, eggs and bread. This usually keeps me in the back room or office for a couple hours a day. So now I'm spending all my time out on the floor stocking shelves with my guys. About half way through the day I have this women standing about two feet away and starts having a coughing fit. She's right beside me! I have people on the other side of me, people behind me! I stopped what I was doing, exhaled and walked away as quick as I could. We have 5 confirmed cases just 10 miles away. We are not provided with any type of mask, hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes. But it's my job, have to go. Planning on retiring early so just 5 more years and now I have to deal with this crap. Just waiting on the call to tell me not to come to work because someone in the store has it or a customer that was there has it. Fun times here too.

Dude, you need to start talking with other people at work and start making some demands. I cannot believe every one of you isn't getting sanitizer or equipment. Management is putting everybody, including the public, at risk.

And if some lady starts coughing, I'd order her to leave the store. This is not "customer is always right" time anymore. And management / security (there IS security there, right?) needs to be spacing out customers and keeping the store empty enough so people can spread out.

Goddamn. Just ridiculous. This is why people need to stop being so encouraged by China. What they did was light years beyond what we are doing right now.

#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

How is your wife taking it? Is she keeping a level head about it or starting to be panicky? I'm personally getting concerned as it is ramping up...

GF is being amazing, really. Totally keeping it together, helping out, not giving me guff and putting up with my shit. Mostly just worried about mom in Jersey.

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please watch this short one...Videos dont Lie.....Amazing at the end in terms of WTF!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flashback-trump-fires-his-pandemic-team_n_5e7104cbe4b0987b13b0f5e5

I think I'm finally moving past the anger stage and into acceptance. As long as I avoid watching him talk.

We really need to take care of fighting the virus and taking care of workers, and we can deal with holding a*holes accountable later.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

+1, someone please summarize for us.

I'm relying on the evil media for that. They are doing a good job, despite their evilness.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

One of the guys at my work rolled in sick today. "It's just a cold" was what I was told. I'm pissed.

????

Goddammit.

Come on people!

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

She has not inspired me with confidence. Seems like a bit of a suck up. Some shit she said yesterday got called out by Doctor, said she was flat out lying.
I wish they’d stick Fauci out there more instead. He sticks to the science and leaves out the kiss ass

If you are on stage with him, you are a suck up/yes person. The only person there I trust is Fauci, an even HE is forced to walk a delicate tightrope with how he says things and responds to questions, lest he upset anybody. And he has to - if he gets himself fired we are in a horrifying situation. He'd probably get replaced by someone from Fox News.

At least he's not jerking off himself, his boss, and the entire response. Nobody needs to hear about how tremendous and amazing an people are saying just fantastic best response ever while we are dealing with this shit and it gets worse every day.

I just do not understand how this all happened to us.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I thought Ice was sounding kinda religious?

The stock market isn't a religion, more of a cult.

#1847 4 years ago

"I'm told I broke a record yesterday."

He's breaking records every day! Fantastic. Tremendous, frankly, people are saying.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Here in germany I am the owner of a small pub in a small village, it was the center of the community here. My family owned this pub since 100 years. I got it from my gandma 10 years ago, but I worked in this pub since childhood before I became the owner. I could live very well from this pub and many people had a lot of fun here. It was at an all time peak of success a few month ago. In 100 years this pub was never longer closed then 3 days in a row, it survived the world war 2. And I always joked about how crisis-proof it is.
Today I had to close it cause of the corona virus and I don't know when and if it will ever open again. For me it's a very sad day!!!
If the restrictions are only temporary for a few weeks or months we all will come back stronger than before. Our politicians are trying their best. But I can't see that it will end well, this will not go away with the way we lived before. To many things interlock with others in our economy and will get hit at the same time. It will kill many small companies and it happens so fast that an adjustment is not possible. I don't believe germanys economy is strong enough to survive this and what this means for the rest of the world......
I wish you all the best but for the first time in my life I am afraid what the future will bring.

You'll open again, and next time in Hoppstaden I'm getting a drink!

Anywhere near Wacken perhaps?

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Truth does not lie in the middle guys. Truth is truth and it is where it is.
You don’t just take two side’s “truth” and divide by two.

Yeah, I'm out on this "both sides" nonsense.

There's unadulterated bullshit and there's the truth and we've all seen the difference these past couple of weeks and months.

#1952 4 years ago

If sick people were given masks to wear it would help out the rest of us. Just hand theM out at the door to the supermarket.

Of course, there’s no masks.

#1972 4 years ago

Man, I don't care what anybody says.

I LIKE our little echo chamber.

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Other critical jobs - waste plant operators, sanitation workers, waiters (while restaurants are open), internet providers (my fiber optic line has been out a few days and the repairman will be treated like a king by me on Fri am), tv/phone service providers (fiber optic line has been out a few days and the repairman will be treated like a king by my wife on Fri am), IT support (for those working remotely), scientists specializing in diseases, public health policy makers and all medical personnel and healthcare specialists.
Sadly a bunch of people in service and manufacturing have already started to be laid off. That number is escalating quickly. My company CEO had a call this morning and we mostly have salaried staff in every country around the world, He said after safety for employees, job preservation was his next highest priority. It really rattled me as I hadn’t considered it before, so I have gone from being concerned about the virus to being anxious and highly concerned. Companies have been bred to be cut throat, now is the time to pay it back with compassion and understanding of your employees.

This thread started strongly with many vocal deniers, bad statisticians and financial advisors suggesting we buy more stock on dips - bing bang boing bong bong. Flash forward just two weeks and some of these same folks have been woke and free financial advice has all but dried up. This is going to get way worse before it starts to improve. All in all 1) with testing limited to those who can get the cdc to approve their test. 2) with large amount of samples that have been collected in US but not analyzed by lab yet and which will very soon be and only then will these be reported for the first time 3) with people showing only minor symptoms being told they can’t get a test and to go home and self quarantine, yet these numbers are not being collected in US 4) with misinformation coming from US government and and our “leaders” not taking the pandemic seriously for so many months 5) without a coordinated approach, each state, city or muni is making up their own rules 6) with many people not following the advice to stay home when instructed to (spring breakers on beeches are fucking idiots) ... US numbers are poised to escalate quickly. Everyone in the world has been impacted in their daily life over the past one month and while you don’t need to have a doomsday mentality, at least have some respect of this virus and empathy for those who get sick. Don’t unknowingly become part of the problem because of ignorance.

Post of the day!

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

looks like a delay on the War Production Act, from the top, with a 40% increase in US cases today,
without any results from the 500,000 Italian test kits.
I sure hope that masks, ventilators, and medical equipment, now delayed again, does not come
back to bite us.

Only good news: Seems like a serious drop off
In people proudly posting the US virus stats as if they are supposed to be good news.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Be careful about the information you read on this and other coronavirus threads. If someone doesn't type FACT before or after a statement - preferably before and after with a couple of these things **, be cautious. **FACT**

truth

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Two weeks ago I would’ve said this is insanity, now I’m hoping it happens.

Amen. I imagine if you don't live in or near a big city, there's a possibility you may still feel somewhat removed from what's going on, even if your neighbor is parking the buick out front and 10 pallets of toilet paper are in the garage. We need to realize we are all in this together and all need to make sacrifices. This really is like WW2 in that respect.

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Media should spend more time on the treatments in the near term pipeline. Lots of stuff being fast tracked that show promise. None of the models I have seen contemplate any effective treatments. Understandably, because there are none in widespread use, but it looks like some are coming and will be here long before the vaccine is RTG.

They should be reporting on it, if indeed there's anything to report. I really do think, however, the WORST thing right now is any optimism beyond the usual "we will defeat this together!" rhetoric. False optimism about treatments would really send the wrong message, just like promising this will end "sooner rather than later." We need to gird for a long fight here.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Unbelieavable how some people still dont get it. Just been at the local grocery store, where a woman probably in her 40's stood behind me in cashier line, coughing almost constantly with no shielding, not using her sleeve or nothing.

I live in NYC, I guess basically ground zero now?

Across the street is a nice park. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. And there 10 young guys playing a half court basketball game in the park for an hour, I can only assume before rolling around the grass with each other with their shirts off.

If they aren't getting the message how is anybody under 30 gonna be getting the message in the suburbs?

#2048 4 years ago

oh right.

For some reason this still doesn't seem as bad as 9/11 as far as the paranoia and sheer terror but I know when this is over it will prove to be far deadlier to the public and the economy.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

Has anyone seen statistics on collateral deaths? ...meaning individuals with other serious ailments that were unable to get medical care because the hospital was unable to treat them, or unable to treat them in a timely manor due to resources being disproportionately challenged by this virus? While we are at it, what about suicides? Has there been an increase?

I have a friend, she's in the NYC pinball community...terminal cancer. Been following her journey the past year.

she suddenly developed terrible pain the other night. In normal circumstances she'd go to ICU and they'd try to help her be more comfortable.

Now, they tell he she has to stay home. Can't do anything for her at this time. She's absolutely miserable.

Why don't they have room for her at the hospital? Because they know they will need every bed soon for people who they might be able to save, so for her, it's tough titty.

This is already a real form of "collateral damage" and we are already seeing it. The system is going to be under huge pressure very, very soon.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My gas station is out of everything except high grade and the clerk said they were told supply runs were being minimized due to coronavirus. Take the latter for what you will, but they are about out of gas and it will get nutz once everybody else realizes this.

As long as the supply line has some gas I don't give a shit if mom can fill up the minivan. Nobody should be going anywhere anyway.

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Elon Musk is not making this bad situation any better.
The Tesla plant in Fremont is still running.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/03/18/tesla_coronavirus_lockdown/
[quoted image]

Musk is a total scumbag and horrible to his workers.

And like many other rich idiots, he has a cult of people who believe everything he says for no particular reason, and he's responsible for countless people's slow acceptance of reality on this. Hopefully he's one of the first dragged to the guilotines.

Well, maybe the second.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Elon is my hero. 2nd behind Hugh Hefner (RIP).

Shocker.

Oh Sean Payton has it now.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I didnt....Potheads are hard to offend.....unless arguing over weed.

umm what were we talking about ?

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The sharpie is out again...worries about the name/branding [quoted image]

Sick. Only word for it.

That goes for anybody who thinks it’s ok.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well the Mayor of Chicago just announced if you're sick and/or exhibit the signs of being sick and you're out in public without proof of intent to seek medical assistance "there will be consequences."
Ordering anyone with any symptom to self quarantine.

Also no utility payments
No towing or tickets
All court dates halted

It’s funny people are still wondering if stern’s factory is pumping out pinball machines. Sounds like the city is very close to a total lock down.

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So yeah - Covad is Overrated

Well, you can’t fear what you can’t spell.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Wait, are the libs now denying the Wu flu started in China bc it's offensive?

No, we just don’t give a shit.

It’s a stupid, stupid distraction tactic that’s being embraced by stupid, stupid people.

We are much more interested in saving the country from near total destruction that in no small part could have been prevented if not for the people they think they can “fix” this by trying to “own the libs” by calling it the “Chinese virus.”

So, that’s where I’m coming from. Where are you coming from? This is a joke? You are enjoying this?

“Chinese virus! That’s so gonna trigger my aunt Cathy! lolololol!!!”

Yeah that’s great. Hopefully Aunt Cathy -
and the rest of us - make it through this without ending up homeless or dead.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Says one of the the trolls baiting with divisive political rants. You and Wolf can beat it, and the thread would be just fine.

Yeah, it’s a good point. Like, thanks guys! You’ve done enough.

Thanks for the greatest crisis this country has seen in my 45 years on the planet.

9/11 PALES in comparison to this, and I lived through that, too, right here in nyc. I’ll give you this much, it’s certainly the most tremendous, amazing, fantastic crisis ever. The best. And only the best people could create the environment that made it happen.

#2279 4 years ago

In all this craziness I didn’t really read up on what I’m supposed to do if I have symptoms.

Apparently, just ride it out and don’t leave the apartment unless I have trouble breathing.

That’s cool, I think I can handle that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.