(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#33 4 years ago

I am not aware of testing times, but if you get tested , aren't those specimens supposed to get sent to CDC . Then you would know for sure? And does that take 3-5 days.?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

It looks like local labs can run tests in-house in a number of hours if they have the test kits.
https://kstp.com/medical/what-the-process-for-covid19-testing-looks-like-coronavirus/5664936/
"The lab collects a patient's oral or nasal swab from a hospital or clinic. Lab workers are then able to pull out the virus that specimen may contain and compare it with positive samples of coronavirus from the CDC.
'That whole process takes -- from start to finish -- about six hours,' Sullivan said."

Thanks.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yeah, the economy is toast...they will have to do a stimulus like Bush did when he sent every taxpayer $600? or whatever.

That was under Oblabla's administration.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

President Bush on Wednesday signed the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, calling it a "booster shot" for the American economy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Stimulus_Act_of_2008
Maybe you’re thinking of automotive bailout?

Read through it and I could of swore it was out under the 2009 administration.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Were you a taxpayer at that time? Everyone remembers Bush sending out the $300 and $600 checks.
Anyway, the economy is going to tank and nothing spends like money. I had my doubts when Bush did it but studies since have shown people actually used the cash and it had a temporary boost effect. I’m thinking we’ll need that even more pretty soon.

Must be mis remembering . I do know a check arrived.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Shit just got real!
Coronavirus panic spreads: Costco is pulling free samples over COVID-19
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/03/06/costco-samples-coronavirus-suspends-free-samples/4980216002/

Also in the UK, employees were spraying customers!

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yes. It will impact them negatively.

I imagine traveling pinball leagues as well.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What is it with toilet paper? I don’t get it. Is it manufactured in China and there’s a fear of shortage?

More of a subliminal alarm turning on , then freaking out . Too many apocalypse movies embedded deep in memory......

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

I'm trying not to laugh...

#342 4 years ago

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Courtesy of the Georgia GuideStones.

#388 4 years ago

We need to Antoine Dodson to come out and tell us about covid 19.

If an edit to his video were made...

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm assuming you mean the epic video? (I don't know the guys name). I'm sure there will be one at some point...if we all survive

#537 4 years ago

What are the chances that an actor or someone in the higher ups alledgedly dies from this covid 19? Will that then put the final freak out in the already panic stricken people.?

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed big holes in the frozen vegetable isle too. Good, I don't eat those anyway. No Green Giant for me.

Fresh or nothing!

#614 4 years ago

Will airports be halted?

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So are international packages from Europe banned?

Slow boat.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's play a little game. Can you name that celebrity?[quoted image]

Joaquin Phoenix?

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's what you get if you test positive. No thanks.[quoted image]

The movie Coma, but much more lit

#814 4 years ago

Any chance curfews will be coming?

#833 4 years ago

Trump to declare National Emergency soon.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hard not to when most states already have. Better late than never! Zero chance he is not infected by the way.

He's got it and either they bump him off and blame the virus or push the 25th on him.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

A cool buzz and some tasty waves for all!

And the mighty VH for your birthday!

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Good morning covid-19 club.

Notice op has gone inactive?

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Why haven't you seen Tom Hanks in a video eating some chicken soup to reassure everyone? Is he sick or is it hype over swine flu? Show us, Tom Hanks.

He'll make it through , but his wife may not. He will claim new vac saved him and thus begin world wide forced vaccinations. Taken from the nightmare I had.

#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right wing scare nonsense. Nobody had banned either of those things.

Never said said it actually happened, just pointing out the fact it was signed.

#1153 4 years ago

Time for a 40 second laugh. !
Can't go wrong with Beavis and ButtHead.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I agree Levi, not sure why our leaders can't remove their head from the sphincter and stop the public spread before it's too late. Our provincial health lady will NOT close the schools here because Singapore didn't. Wtf are you thinking? Might be time to run these career leaders out and add a big dose of common sense to the mix. Elected official term limits should be added.

Agreed on term limits .

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I wonder what will happen in the aftermath.
Will the way people worship experience a sea change? Will more people start going to church in tears of sorrow, or will they echew the churches and just stay home?
What about the Middle East countries? Since burial traditions and other traditions have gone by the wayside, will those people be compelled to just stay home in the future?
Will people lose their appetite for cruise ships, realizing that they are floating Petri dishes with no easy escape.
Same for aircraft. Will people start thinking that being enclosed in an aluminum tube is about like being on a cruise ship only in a much smaller space?; With the added bonus that you can always fall out of the sky.
Will people start eating at home more and fast food takes a big hit?
No one has a crystal ball for this.

Elon will save us and terraform Mars and we all start fresh.

#1342 4 years ago

Copper helps to. Viruses no like that stuff.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I was a kid growing up, there used to be these old men that wore a copper ring bracelet because the copper was supposed to chase arthritis away. I imagine those old farts got their information from the same book of fantasies you must be thinking about.

From npr
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/14/811609026/the-new-coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days-heres-how-to-clean-them

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile there are only 53 confirmed cases in Mexico. So far.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/sports/soccer/soccer-mexico-coronavirus.html

Tequila Worm fighting it off!

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If one agency closes to the public tomorrow, the rest will follow in short order. Let me just clarify, you can still call in, but you can't visit a local office. If that info isn't useful to you, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm just glad the feds are starting to take this seriously. The lack of direction we've experienced so far has been scary.

Our banks are closed, just drive up and ATM.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:Yet ot can still stay on copper surfaces for up to 24 hours.. crazy

Interestingly, some surfaces are less hospitable to SARS-CoV-2. For instance, the virus remained viable on copper for only about four hours.

From my post 1376

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I was a kid growing up, there used to be these old men that wore a copper ring bracelet because the copper was supposed to chase arthritis away. I imagine those old farts got their information from the same book of fantasies you must be thinking about.

No not a fantasy book .
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/14/811609026/the-new-coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days-heres-how-to-clean-them

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yes, and banks are well prepared for handling your needs even when they are closed. Think about that...

Just a simple 800 number or if you have intronet .

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good thing too, the people that still regularly go into banks are precisely the demographic at risk in this outbreak.

I'm not that old.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Who-Dey is my top player of the week!
Had a buddy (biggest pussy I know) text me Sunday and said "having a comedy movie marathon today if you wanna stop buy, everyone can bring their kids."

Calls me a pussy. Corvis shaming giving strength to the weak.

My mom still hold up in Florida cheering up from my Dad dying. She's like the most over the top hypochondriac ever and she tells me "Just got back from getting the AC in my car fixed."

Crazy out there

Sorry to hear about your father.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see I was thumbed down 3 times. Nobody seems to have a sense of humor around here But what I speak is truth. Just look at all of the estate sales that get oohed and ahhed about on the project pins thread; some of those estate sales are moving sales but some are the ultimate I-just-checked-out sales. We brag about the great deal we got on some pin but don't give rat's ass where it came from.
If you can't get up, look in the mirror everyday and laugh, you are going to have some dark days ahead.
I guess I have a strange sense of humor. I sent this picture to my sister-in-law and she thinks I am a total waste. We used to have a lot of family fun when the rest of the family was still living but I have recently figured out she did not get the sense of humor genes when she fell out of her mother's womb. I thought this picture hilarious. She thinks it is trash
[quoted image]

Does the dog like peanut butter?.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Jesus Chad.
Always gotta take it too far. (Assumedly)

All in fun , but yes sometimes I do go overboard.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

But the US has the best health care system in the world

Ad in " over priced"

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are all pretty crabby and anxiety-ridden. It sucks.
I probably took my last bike ride around town. It’s getting weird out there. Times Square was very unsettling. Lots of hustlers walking around. Bizarre clusters of tourists. It seemed like 1989 all over again.
On the avenues people are starting to get stupid. Driving really dumb. Just unsettling.
We rode bikes down 7th ave to my office to pick some stuff up and came back. I’m feeling a lot better just sitting at home.
We may go out tomorrow for short walks but I don’t think we are venturing out too far anymore.

How is your wife taking it? Is she keeping a level head about it or starting to be panicky? I'm personally getting concerned as it is ramping up...

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GF is being amazing, really. Totally keeping it together, helping out, not giving me guff and putting up with my shit. Mostly just worried about mom in Jersey.

Good to hear. !!

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Don't forget sneezing public

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

They already confiscated them and that asshat will be facing some sort justice.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5057225002

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's coming. There's just no way we're not gonna be doing some version of what they are doing in Italy. We just get a little longer to prepare/pretend.

I can't confirm as I have not looked into it, but parts of California may have enacted it.?

#1846 4 years ago

Down 2000 points more yikes...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.