(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#927 4 years ago

I think everyone who's seen "The Stand" will know the first thing they thought during the opening, and it wasn't "how do I distill my own Purell® hand gel?"—it's how do I refine my own petroleum spirits so that we can keep the pinballs on?

#929 4 years ago

It's like "when in Rome". When a Chinese virus is in you, act like the Chinese did and infect as many others as possible so they'll be more likely to feel pressure and cure you. After that I assume they'll go to the hammers more than usual.

#938 4 years ago

Why haven't you seen Tom Hanks in a video eating some chicken soup to reassure everyone? Is he sick or is it hype over swine flu? Show us, Tom Hanks.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. Are the Epi pens $600.00 per pair or $25.00 per pair? How she buy them for $25.00?
I'd like to find a deal like that on Crestor.

This seems like a good example of how "common knowledge" in the medical field trumps whatever's actually possible. Pretty sure I got that 'rona a few months ago, it lasted over 2 weeks.

Probably a coupon on goodrx.com or the like? I'd definitely "find out what Crestor's about" on there, the pharmacy can check for you through their system too. Often a better price than you get through insurance when you pay cash + their coupons.

#1058 4 years ago

What are the room rates like at Disney World now? If you catch this bad boy you want to get down to Florida post haste, hang out in the Disney Springs or whatnot if you can crawl out of bed. It's enervating, but you can hop 3 parks per day with the Springs on top with coronavirus. Should be much easier to take it relaxed without having to make value out of those park admissions. Warm weather prevents it from turning into viral pneumonia, or will help. Just speaking from personal experience, having survived viral pneumonia twice in winter ages ago and avoided it a third time while suffering COVID-19 (undiagnosed) at Disney World the whole week and another week after.

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Disney World is closed.

Right, so what are the room rates right now? Disneyland has 4 resorts that will close on Monday, Disney World has what, 26 resorts that will not close? Plus Disney Springs, which will stay open like Downtown Disney will in California.

#1070 4 years ago

Electric company called up yesterday and said they were going to shut off the power, got the notice in the mail later that day along with the bill they said I was overdue for. Expecting threats from the water company next. After all, have to prevent hand-washing.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Utility companies here announced late in the week that they would be turning back on anyone who had recently had been cut off and that they were going to halt cutting anyone else off for the time being.

It seems like they caught wind of that and decided to react opposite here. Could feel them acting unusual though, can feel everyone acting unusual. Fun fact: this is SARS, from an RNA and DNA confirmed standpoint. If you want to call it something else that doesn't call to mind crowning the anti-Christ or other post-apocalyptic predictions. SARS doesn't sell, it got rebranded.

#1092 4 years ago

Well forget that idea about riding out the illness in Disney World, a TSA worker at MCO just tested positive for the SARS-coronavirus-2-novel-coronavirus-2019-COVID-19 about fifty minutes ago so Twitter already organized the complete demolition of the airport.

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sounds like a fun holiday.
Cmon, obviously that’s the extreme measure (assuming it’s true - sounds like a fair bit of right wing conspiracy seasoning to me), but there’s a lot you can do between anarchy and police state.

China is way more of a living extreme conspiracy in action than most crazy things you could read about on Pinside without the poster being flayed. You can watch all sorts of crazy videos from people stuck in their houses, they welded a big L-shaped piece of stainless steel to everyone's outward-opening doors so they could just open them enough to get food and supplies. Not the kind of video China lets you post easily though.

The disease you get from "coronavirus" is SARS, a syndrome, like AIDS, that you acquire from a virus (like HIV). Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome or something. It sucks, I coughed so hard that I puked at one point. Didn't turn into viral pneumonia though, thing about a syndrome is all sorts of things come along with it and it can develop into other things. So we're all panicking about SARS. I'm immune. I'm the plague walker. Me and Randall Flagg at the final stand, the Crawling Chaos, the soul of the nuclear chaos known as Azathoth. Didn't have much of an appetite either. Lasts longer than the flu.

#1100 4 years ago

(edited-no politics)

#1103 4 years ago

I think you're too afraid to Google "China blames US coronavirus" otherwise you wouldn't be up in my face being wrong. Also, you really think thousands of security camera videos have been painstakingly faked for propaganda since 2017? By whom? For what purpose? So China could show the world what a dystopian hellhole it is?

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Chinese weren’t too happy with our leaders calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus. A few congressmen even floated the idea of it being a bio weapon escaping a nearby lab into the Wuhan food market.

(edited)

#1108 4 years ago

How's that dual citizenship working out for you? Blinding you to every news network's report including the CBC? I didn't ask to be inundated by this all day on every channel, I just retain information.

#1110 4 years ago

Science and Nature are American publications so I call your claim that that is a "chinese scientific journal article" fake news and I am factually correct. Isn't it fun to nitpick things in order to obfuscate truth rather than further it?

#1112 4 years ago

Message well understood. Won't be letting them do any of those tests knowing that they'll be able to delay the results indefinitely and suspend the privileges I enjoy as a human on earth (flying on airlines, for example). FEMA Death Camps, right erak?

Since getting a SARS-CoV-2 test is a worse social stigma than getting an HIV test now, will laws be enacted to ensure the medical privacy of those afflicted by plague and banned from flying for life? Maybe Tom Hanks can make Philadelphia 2 about being an out-of-work actor who can't get hired since he took a coronavirus test.

(edited)

#1114 4 years ago

(edited)

#1117 4 years ago

Stay mad, immune for 7 weeks and going strong.

#1121 4 years ago

The only sides now are the plaguewalkers vs. the uninoculated. Silverball and I, as survivors, will rule you all like Tarzan in the new jungle wasteland.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tubes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=Tubes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.