(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#544 4 years ago

I got an email from my insurance company this morning (I own a business). In it, it states a way to test yourself to see if you have it. They wrote that when you hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, if there's no coughing, stiffness, discomfort or tightness, then your clear of the virus. If you experience any of these, but don't show the signs of having the virus, then you've just come down with it (or some other respiratory illness). The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.

Now to the complaint department about the selfishness and stupidity of people.

First, next town over, a 27 year old man who still lives at home catches the virus. What does the family do? They don't self quarantine, they decide to keep going out in public. A high schooler in the family caught it, the high school was shut for 2 days to disinfect the place, now the school is closed for internet learning (I forget the exact words they used).

https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
Seriously???? This asshole knows he has the virus and gets on the plane anyway?!?!?! How stupid and selfish can one be?? You and your wife stay home for 14 days. For argument sake, let's say this guy just had the flu and still flown...how stupid and selfish can one be??

Last night at my gym, I asked why aren't there workers wiping down the machines? Was told they only hire them for a few hours a day. Really??? Then, I'm watching other people use treadmills, bikes, stairclimbers, etc and they aren't wiping it down!!! Seriously??? For full disclosure, when I'm at the gym, I put my towel down on everything and before I use a cardio machine, I always wash it down before using it and after using it. The first gym I ever went to, if you didn't do that, they revoked your membership...guess you can say they taught me well. But seriously, a little common sense will help make this virus go away faster.

Now, for the "finally, someone has a brain department". Someone in a neighboring town came down with the virus. The whole family is doing a 14 day self quarantine because they don't want to spread it to others.

#546 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!!!

Saw the email, so I figured I share it. (wasn't a health insurance company)

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

2 days ago you thought we were idiots and this was nothing...

I never said it was nothing.

I said the media was creating a panic when one wasn’t necessary.

Again, what is with people who feel the need to twist my words? If it makes you feel better, just be honest about it.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But where is all this panic of which you speak? I’m about 30 miles away from NY’s epicenter of Covid 19 outbreak....and there’s no panic. The media sources I rely on are providing informed, measured content.
Are you referring to the idiots fighting for toilet paper in big box stores? There’s some in every crowd. But the crowd doesn’t seem to be panicking.

Everyone buying toilet paper. I went to shop rite last night (not for toilet paper). All toilet paper was gone, all paper towels were gone, practically all the water was gone, half of the frozen meals were gone, I can't say anything about the chips/crackers/cereal, cause I didn't go down that aisle.

First, the virus doesn't cause diarrhea.

Second, not sure why all the paper towels are gone. If you need to wash hand towels, just use hot water & bleach.

Third, not quite sure why people bought so many frozen meals...what happens if electric goes out (I'm not suggesting it will).

Fourth, not sure why so many people are buying water, I'm only talking about here (I can't speak on other public water), cause the public water here tastes fine and is chlorinated.

As I said earlier, stay clean. My routine at the gym hasn't changed. Even in the summer when things aren't going around, I'm still washing down the cardio machines before I get on them. I even use the hand sanitizer after using a couple lifting machines. Reasons why I've always done that, cause so many people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom...which I find to be disgusting. And yes, my first 2 years in college, I struggled to use the bathrooms in the dorm...so many people were just disgusting in how they used the bathrooms.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What if someone throws a contaminate corpse into the water storage area??

Water storage where they get the water? Or when it’s ready to be piped to everyone?

No one can get in to the plant area. It’s very secure.

#802 4 years ago

Is it me, or do you think it’s time that our drugs companies start making all the drugs here and not in China?

#915 4 years ago

I went to shop rite tonight to grab a couple things.

First, holy cow, people are going to be putting it on so much weight. I could not believe how much junk food was gone. There was hardly any ice cream left.

Second, everyone is going to get cavities...nobody bought any toothpaste.

Third, the aisle where I buy my food was hardly touched...guess I don’t need to over buy.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont give alot of credit to those in charge today, that is true.
But this happened:
The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.
Ill let you accept the firing was for money, but lets consider it was a program of the past administration for a reason.
This alone cost us 8 weeks.
Why didnt Germany offer us WHO tests? Tell me please?

They merged different departments that do the exact same thing.

#2254 4 years ago

He said the democrat criticism was was hoax, meaning he wasn’t taking it seriously.

Of course he took it seriously...he put the travel ban on China on January 31...and he was called a racist for it.

But whatever. All I ask is for honesty.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.