(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#11 4 years ago

Stupidity reigns supreme

#64 4 years ago

I’ve been eating the used gum that’s stuck under tables for years now, I have a Herculean immune system now. No worries here.

1 week later
#867 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not in a sick way, but daughters pre school is cancelled and my Mom is hiding out in Florida. I've been getting drunk and actually fixing the 900 little problems my machines have been growing for a long time.
Another case popped up near me so we got enough food and shit to stay in the house for awhile. I'll still have to go to work most of the week though.

They just canceled school here until at least April 5th.

#873 4 years ago

My recent purchase of a bidet is looking like a great investment.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Notice op has gone inactive?

I hope he’s okayest

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I honestly don’t know. My daughter recently had an allergy screening, and because of a pretty severe allergy to a couple common things, they prescribed the Epi-pen. I freaked when my wife told me, because I’d heard these things cost a fortune. But I can handle 2 for $25 and feel fortunate.
Sucks about your local hospital. I’ve heard this is becoming all too common in rural areas.

Those appear to be the generic ones, I’ve had to carry around an epi-pen for nearly thirty years now, when cost got up to around $800, I just stopped getting them, they would always expire before I used them, I’m thrilled that there is a generic available now.

#1138 4 years ago

The hoarding thing must be regional, as I haven’t seen empty shelves on anything around here.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just hope this will be enough. I tried to go to Costco yesterday and pick up a few cases of beer and what a fucked up deal that place is. What some people won't do for their rewards.[quoted image]

You should be covered until Tuesday

#1202 4 years ago

All restaurants and bars closed until the 30th here, just announced

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I thought they determined they could get it but it didn’t do anything to them and they can’t transmit it...well, other than someone with Captain Trips coughing on fur and then you touch fur.

True, let’s try and keep facts straight, recklessness will end up getting dogs killed, the American public never ceases to amaze me

#1234 4 years ago

Everyone is stock piling TP, I’m hoarding these

167B5873-435D-453A-8182-33F39D5C3BFF (resized).jpeg167B5873-435D-453A-8182-33F39D5C3BFF (resized).jpeg
#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Only around 1000 people live in Vatican City.

And they’re all dead I tell ya!

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Our governor just said if you are over 65, you should stay home.
You can't make this shit up. Only he can.

Surprisingly Illinois is leading the charge in sanity

#1301 4 years ago

I have a feeling Florida is going to get hit hard, between a huge elderly population and tourists from all over going there and the fact restaurants and bars are still packing them in, this could spell disaster.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If people don’t get it by now, will they ever?

Unfortunately no, and I was a bit skeptical when all this began, hopefully the federal government follows suit with what the states have been doing, I think that is coming this week.

#1377 4 years ago

Indiana just announced restaurants and bars closed, I’d be shocked if it isn’t done on a national level.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

To add to this, it's for dine in customers only. You can still order out or get drive-thru.

Correct, thanks for adding, I don’t want to be fueling a panic.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Pizza places will do good in this
A lot of them are takeout / delivery only

Yeah same with Grub Hub/Door Dash

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

China corona % infected - .000058
Italy corona % infected - .00015
US corona % infected - .000014
Your chances of getting in an accident on the way to work are higher than contracting the COVID.

The problem with these numbers are virtually no one has been tested here, infected numbers are going to go up exponentially.

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Testing testing testing[quoted image]

Man things have definitely gotten weird if I’m agreeing with wickerman

#1578 4 years ago

We would be in a much better place if everyone could put their political differences aside and take a common sense approach to this mess.

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This upvote/downvote nonsense...
several years ago I turned off downvoting.
I don't see any downvotes. I can't leave any downvotes. Only upvotes.
I have zero idea why they even have a "downvote" option here. It's stupid and always causes fights. I haven't seen or left a downvote in years and my forum experience is exponentially better because of it.
I suggest you all do the same. It's an easy adjustment in your profile settings.

Incoming downvote!

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s not like he will notice.

Haha, I’m with Levi on the downvoting, now getting moderated I wear that shit like a badge of honor!

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’m just going to leave this here.
Not sure if this is real or not, but it sure is amusing.
Link may not be safe for work, but that seems to be less of a problem at the moment.
https://www.queerty.com/mayor-bans-orgies-threesomes-gang-bangs-coronavirus-20200313

As a result of this, gloryholes have skyrocketed in popularity

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Today I learned how to put someone on ignore.

It only took ya 8 yrs?

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You wash your hands or sanitize after the interaction. Throw out packaging, wash your hands/sanitize. Clean off things that come from other people. Not rocket surgery.

My hands are starting to get raw, I’ve never had dry hands in my life, I do now.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I guess we can just change the title of the thread to COVID political trashing yet? Seems like every other post is someone trying to out do the other.

It was civil earlier in the day.

#1705 4 years ago

One thing I am going to do when this is all over, is buy my lady friends at the local grocery store some gift cards.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Aunt we should all go wash our hands and take a break from this thread[quoted image]

I’ve seen worse public service announcements

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A package of TP might be more appreciated

They have first dibs on that, lol, I’ve been going to the same grocery store for about 15 years, they allow me access to the back room stash of the Charmin.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

That made my night, Thanks!

You must live a sheltered life, pun intended.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are all pretty crabby and anxiety-ridden. It sucks.
I probably took my last bike ride around town. It’s getting weird out there. Times Square was very unsettling. Lots of hustlers walking around. Bizarre clusters of tourists. It seemed like 1989 all over again.
On the avenues people are starting to get stupid. Driving really dumb. Just unsettling.
We rode bikes down 7th ave to my office to pick some stuff up and came back. I’m feeling a lot better just sitting at home.
We may go out tomorrow for short walks but I don’t think we are venturing out too far anymore.

Weird times for sure, unprecedented, I’m still working, but it’s solitary work, everything at home, I now know my wife’s middle name.

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably seen this already but it put a smile on my face

Gonna need a bigger Roomba!

#1731 4 years ago

Grocer clerks and stockers and delivery chain workers all deserve gold medals for sure, I’ve yet to see empty shelves, except on perishables, which tells me I’ll survive an apocalypse.

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a thought not mentioned...we are going to have a baby boom in 9-10 months!

Just what a recovering economy needs

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw what looked like a pregnant possum last night. Actually two of them.

You could probably survive for a week off those.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Speaking of anal BYE TOM!
Mf you should be comin to the Colts. Fuckin bullshit!

Just when I thought you couldn’t get any gayer, you say this dumb shit.

#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Got rid of that game years ago. And WTF is this shit? Looks like we need a new QB.[quoted image]

You’ll always have Fouts in my mind

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm thinking of Iceman right now.
What if Mexico cruises thru this shit with less deaths than the USA without closing anything down or spending a dime?

More importantly, who is going to be the chargers QB next year? Bridgewater?

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy with Rivers. But goddamit Brady takin us to a Super Bowl win might be nice too.

Better than Brisket?

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mexico
Total cases = 82
New cases today = +29
Deaths. = 0
That's a fairly good record.

This will change, for sure

#1764 4 years ago

I love Christmas tamales, great Mexican food here, I feel for those who haven’t experienced

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Most of those aren’t actually Floridians.

Which makes matters even worse.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Finally stemming the tide of Canucks rushing to US to not get tested for virus.

And spring breakers headed down to Florida.

#1786 4 years ago

When I bartended down in Florida in the 90s we’d call Canadians canoes, because they didn’t tip.

#1811 4 years ago

They’re now saying that the Government will be sending 2 $1000 checks to every American adult, pending congressional approval.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They need more. They gutted the sick leave coverage among other things. Go hard or go home

There’s other aid coming as well, the article is in the WaPo
https://apple.news/AIBPkOHfqR0WktNoN4VqYPw

#1854 4 years ago

Ford and GM just shut down their factories

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Didnt they make a statement saying something like:
If 1 person gets it we will shut down to clean for 24 hours
If 3 cases occur we will shut down indefinitely.
Do you know of they stated temporary or indefinitely?

https://apple.news/AOQlfjZLqQyyHjOqBqZPr5w

#1865 4 years ago

Is everyone going to be talking about socialized medicine for the next 4 years? Because no matter who wins the presidency, there isn’t any coming this time around either.

#1936 4 years ago

All current numbers are pretty meaningless until a lot more testing is done, ya know, cold hard facts.

#1938 4 years ago

For anyone on lockdown, My wife got me this for Christmas, quality, convenient garage tunes, and unlike the virus it wasn’t made in China

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Deaths are pretty much 100% accurate, whereas infections are likely at least 10* what's being reported. Means the actual mortality rate is likely 10* less than what's being reported.

“Likely” and numbers don’t mix well, math is finite, and yes 100% accurate on death numbers made me laugh.

#2001 4 years ago

Oak Park, Il just announced full quarantine, first in Chicago area.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

From Family working as Doctors in Hospital.
FACT: They were just informed of a Nationwide Home Quarantine, (Of some type)
expected to be announced in next 24 hours.

Two weeks ago I would’ve said this is insanity, now I’m hoping it happens.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Amen. I imagine if you don't live in or near a big city, there's a possibility you may still feel somewhat removed from what's going on, even if your neighbor is parking the buick out front and 10 pallets of toilet paper are in the garage. We need to realize we are all in this together and all need to make sacrifices. This really is like WW2 in that respect.

Exactly, we have an office in Florida, we are in the golf course industry, and I told the guy running it down there to prepare for some disruptions in business and he laughed at me, incredible how many people think this will have no effect on them.

#2106 4 years ago

All this talk, I’m pulling out the grinder and firing up STTNG

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ahh. La Pipe is real sex. I see. I always thought so. I seemed to recall some some saying " I did not have sex with the woman. " several years ago. I guess he did not get the message about La Pipe.

I’m confused, do you La Pipe then lay the La pipe? Or visa versus?

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This has been Circulating among my owner operators (truck drivers) to drive up freight rates.
Totally false news! Although rates are up.[quoted image]

Hey! We were talking about La Pipe!

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I don't think they buy the herd mentality unless it is for immunity...lol.
Boomers list of things to lose:
1. Life
2. Pensions and retirement accounts
3. Businesses
4. Peers/friends
5. Jobs
Youth list of things to lose:
1. Get sick for a week unless you are an exceptional case
2. Potential senior family members
3. Low paying jobs unless they got lucky and landed a career (of which most were exported by boomer CFO's)

This how life works, not much when your young and work hard and have 1-5 on your list, just 3 months ago I was hiring someone at a living wage with benefits and could basically find no one. And I’m not Boomer, a btw.

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well the Mayor of Chicago just announced if you're sick and/or exhibit the signs of being sick and you're out in public without proof of intent to seek medical assistance "there will be consequences."
Ordering anyone with any symptom to self quarantine.

Lmao, please tell me CPD will not be diagnosing people, this won’t end well.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also no utility payments
No towing or tickets
All court dates halted
It’s funny people are still wondering if stern’s factory is pumping out pinball machines. Sounds like the city is very close to a total lock down.

Oh, it’s coming.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New details on the Senates proposed stimulus plan have been announced. From what I read checks would be $1200 per person or $2400 per couple. There are caps based on income level.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-congress-20200319-u2tngul5mzbfja7hw33kw3vpti-story.html

I’m liking the government covering small business payroll idea, I’ll be looking into that tomorrow.

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Researchers found antibodys in the blood of llamas. Perhaps this will help to find a cure. Perhaps something else, who knows?
The world after this crisis will not be the same and no matter what the final cure will be....I don't think the future will look good. But I would think there is a difference if there will be 2.2 Million deaths in your USA or 1.1 Millions. If some people here or the spring breakes don't see this difference, I can't help them and also I can't write here what I think about them.
We saw the same here in germany. Just 10 days ago I had a big party in my pub with live music and many happy people. China and the few cases in Italy were far away. Now I ask me everyday if there was a case with corona at this party or not. And most people now try to shut down everything and try to help to lower the deaths count. And believe me it is hard, I have to risk my business and everything I had built up my whole life, to try to help with this, had to close the pub and don't know when and if I could ever open up again. And we also have many people here that don't give a shit about anything. But I can tell you one thing for sure, you will see more and more impacts of this around you in the near future. Your own business and fun will not be so important anymore when the cases and deaths became people you know. And like here in germany more and more people in your country will start to understand very quickly how seriously this is. And in few days or weeks you and many of the spring breakers will suck up every spark of hope, that this nightmare will come to an end. Just for now I will hope in Llamas!!!

Germany is on my bucket list, as I’m from German heritage, as Levi stated earlier, I will find your pub someday and I’m buyin a round for the place, the world will get through this, life always finds a way, stay safe.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Walking the dog today and my buddy pulls up to see what I'm up to. Takes a rip off his pipe and asks if I want a hoot. Wtf dude I said. You need to keep that shit to yourself. No more sharing pipes, joints, bongs, pens, nothing. I hope i got thru to him. What really scares me is his wife is a nurse at the retirement home here. I don't want his carelessness to pass something on to her.
Stopped by the bar to pay my tab last night and there was at least 5 or 6 couples, pounding beers and playing the vlts. Not sure what pisses me off more. People not taking this seriously or the bar for even being open?

The Govt for allowing the bar to be open, unfortunately if you allow for stupidity it will always happen.

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My estimate is that you've become an annoying jackass.

Wait, your from niceville.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.