(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is pretty lazy and stupid. NONE of those things on this dumb list was advertised as GOING TO KILL US ALL (really?! The BP spill was the best they could come up with for 2010? I mean, just leave that year blank if it's best you can do. Same with 2008, 2000, 2001, 2013...). And I haven't heard anybody suggest that THIS is GOING TO KILL US ALL.

Oh, I see you haven't heard. As It turns out, the brain trust on Pinside believes that if you show any level of common sense towards this disease, you are a fear monger.
So you can take your logic and your facts and flush them along with your antibacterial wipes, because they have no place on here.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

They will have something very soon you watch,They need to stay in panic mode for just a bit longer. Antibiotic B-17 will cure anything but FDA will not give to people.

What's your timeline for "very soon"?

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

It’s making major headlines now just like all the other outbreaks that have happened in the past.It will die out and things will be back to normal.Remember way back about the Y2K bug?? People stocking up on batteries,water,ect. And ALL the stores that sold all that stuff put up signs “no refund on those products sold before January 1st 2000...

I dont think anyone disputes the fact that this will eventually die out or be under control at some point. Things will eventually return to normal, but between now and then there will be a lot of problems, especially economically.

Perception is reality and if the general public is spooked we're all going to feel it regardless of how dangerous this turns out to be. I don't personally ever remember seeing anything this "hyped" before in my lifetime.

#204 4 years ago

10x the amount of a regular flu season is a tall order for our hospitals to fill.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

And Kansas City. It’s pretty much everywhere now. It’s been here for the better part of a week. We just have not had the tests to confirm the cases and hospitals have been reluctant to share suspicions without hard confirmation. US Hospitals barely have enough beds for normal flu season (which is still ongoing BTW) Our best hope to limit mortality is to not spread it around. Wash hands, avoid restaurants, hospitals, travel, and yes conventions.

Easy now. People dont take kindly to rational thinkin round here. You best take your fancy book learnin and common sense someplace else.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Common sense, you guys have that in spades, LOL.

Yeah, because telling everyone that theres nothing to see here is the "smart" way to handle a pandemic.
If it's such a nothing burger, why even bother posting on this thread?

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It’s a serious virus that the vast majority of U.S. citizens will not contract. Many people revel in making it something more.
Carry on, chief.

I will. And I will continue to treat this as a serious issue until its resolved. Denial is great until reality comes knocking on your door. We're all going to be impacted by this virus on some level. Whether it impacts your wealth, your family's health or closed businesses with empty shelves, it will hit everyone.
I want you to be right and that its nothing, but there isn't any signs that it's just going to blow over anytime soon.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have and will continue to treat it seriously, just not maniacally.
And despite all of the back and forth here, I hope you and your families remain 100% healthy.

Quoted from Mike_J:

I have and will continue to treat it seriously, just not maniacally.
And despite all of the back and forth here, I hope you and your families remain 100% healthy.

Thanks. Same to you and yours.

Mike, I have no Ill will towards you or anybody else on Pinside that disagrees with me. Like you, I'd also like to avoid the hype, stick to the facts and get through this with as minimal disruptions in life as possible.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That school staying closed for 2 more days at least for cleaning.
Another separate HS has 2 students in self quarantine because they were exposed to a positive person. No sign of infection though

How are the local stores in your area? Is panic buying in full swing yet?

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My wife goes to BJ’s once every 4-6 weeks for general supplies. Today was the day, and she came home with everything she usually gets, plus a few special items, like non-latex disposable gloves, canned veggies and fruit, dried fruit, nuts and powdered milk.
She also got extra coffee, beer and some powdered creamer. If the apocalypse is truly upon us, we mustn’t run short of essentials.
Shelves were full and no fights over TP or anything else. All this 20 miles from Manhattan.

That's good to hear. I have to head up your way (Manhattan) in a few weeks, but I realize this a very fluid situation and can change quickly.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, it's that or the China route...I mean, you can't protect the people when they can't even figure out how to protect themselves unless you force them to..and even then if you aren't watching them you'll have rambo's who still think it is 'nothing' because they are a young healthy person who will do what they want. It's basically a no win situation, which...I said from the beginning. No point being panicked, there isn't jack we can do about it. Just let it play out how it's going to play out.

It's going to play out terribly. I've officially given up on this being slowed down or handled in any sort of competent manner. It's too late for that now anyway. We're in this way too deep. This isnt going to end well here in America and It will impact everyone on some level.

#322 4 years ago

Coronavirus: Sinister people are knocking on doors claiming to be part of official disease response, police warn
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-sinister-people-knocking-doors-171111975.html

There really is no upper limit to how much of a scumbag some people can be.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So she hung out with 18 people in Aspen, they put them in quarantine. 13 of them have tested positive.

Makes me wonder if any of our "leaders" will end up testing positive because of the person who had it at CPAC?
I think thats the sort of news that'll change a few minds about how serious this is.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yeah, that’s why I wish they’d just call it already. I’m pretty sure it’s going to come to that anyway.
I’d be more cavalier about it if I didn’t have young kids while at the same time being an oldish guy...I don’t want to kick it and leave them hanging.

I feel this weight too. It sounds self important,
But I have too many (5) little guys counting on me , and checking out isnt an option.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do you understand how the disease spreads?
We knew about this since January and MARCH 11 we are ramping up our testing?
This is how community spread happens. I think you’re missing the basic logic the disease and epidemiology experts are giving us.
Did you see the government’s lead Doctor on this testify today? Dr. Fauci? Would you believe him?
It’s not fear mongering to state obvious facts. This crap has been allowed to spread. It was in a small area on the west coast and now both Elementary schools in my hood have parents with it.
If a dangerous disease is spreading, wouldn’t you want to test people quickly with symptoms? Wouldn’t that prevent spread?
Dr. Fauci, governments main guy explained this is at least 10x more deadly than the flu.

Unfortunately you just wont get through to some of these people. Theyll be the ones in the ICU struggling to say, "but it's just a cold" as they take their last breathe
You might as well just spend the rest of your night explaining exponential vectors to your pets. At least they could pretend to understand.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I hope you guys get test kits soon. Absolute cluster fuck.

There's no two ways about it, we're fucked! The Fed govt response is pathetic and last nights speech was a travesty. Lying about the govt's readiness or the risk of infection to the average citizen isn't going to make it so. Forget the Feds, The disease is here and this is going to have to be handled more at the state and local levels at this point. If you think testing is optional, wait till you see how optional treatment becomes. Oh that's right, America is the world's leader in everything, especially incompetence! Hospitals WILL be overrun, you can count on it. Wuhan 2.0 coming up.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Trying to track a disease is like trying to predict the weather.[quoted image]

No, not even close! It's More like Trying to track a disease without tests is like trying to track a storm without radar. You see, there are actually these things called tools, and theyre used by these people called scientist. Believe it or not, the scientist can monitor these sorts of things if we let them. It's called science! Unfortunately you actually have to use these things for them to work.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Instead of stopping sporting events, why can’t they just do the forehead temperature check like they have been screening people in China?
1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M
Multiplied by the China Death %
74,051 deaths in US[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you for real? They don't do that Because it doesn't work! The main issue with this disease from the start has been the spread of the virus by people without symptoms.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I never said it was nothing.
I said the media was creating a panic when one wasn’t necessary.
Again, what is with people who feel the need to twist my words? If it makes you feel better, just be honest about it.

The moment China quarantined milllions of people should have been all it took for the world to realize this isn't media hype.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

So a localized population quarantines itself for a month until the number of new cases drops down to zero.
As soon as that population returns to it's daily practices of normal human interaction, what prevents the virus from re-infecting everyone all over again?
I'm not even talking about mutations, I'm talking about the original strain which people hid from until they looked out their peep holes and assumed it was gone?
Do you assume that the virus is completely eradicated from your specific population, and that you can keep out all outsiders who might be carrying the virus until it's eradicated worldwide?
Unless a significant number in your population receive a vaccine, or have already come into contact with the virus and their own bodies have immunized them against it, you're just as at-risk as you were before the quarantine?
Seems like we're in this for the long haul...

The idea is not to flood the hospitals. More people will be saved if we can mitigate the numbers. Large amounts of infections is inevitable, but you want to keep the rate of infection slow and steady. Otherwise our cities will look like Wuhan or Milan where people are reportedly dying in waiting rooms because there's not enough beds or ventilators.
Hopefully we can slow it down enough until there's a vaccine or at least some sort of antiviral medicine to tame down the worst of the symptoms.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's what you get if you test positive. No thanks.[quoted image]

No, thats what youll get if youre one of the lucky ones that gets sick and gets treatment before the tsunami of patients arrive. Otherwise you'll be dying alone in a waiting room or at home. We have no clue whats out there because they haven't been testing, but we'll all soon have front row seats to this shit show.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I was reading about Taiwans response too. They are on it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-taiwan-case-study-rapid-response-containment-2020-3

They are outstanding and are setting and example for the world.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Maybe the lesson is that higher numbers on the "pandemic preparedness index" are more important than "dow jones index" or "gdp"?

No question about it. I obviously understand that money is important and we all need it to live, but to put profit and other self interests over other people's lives is disgraceful.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Well, since you brought it up. Some people are already speculating that the reason there is no travel ban to the UK and Ireland is because someone owns golf courses there.

Wow! Amazing and yet not the least bit surprising.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

who-dey stay safe:
“Ohio Health Dept. Director Amy Acton is saying that evidence of community spread indicates that 1% of Ohioans are currently carrying coronavirus. That's *117,000* people.
Only 5 in Ohio have actually tested positive to this point.”

That's a frightening number already.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wish we had tests. Wife is up to 103 temp and Dr says stay home, no test...WTF? Not looking forward to the next few days to see if any of kids get it or myself. Hoping it’s “just” the normal flu.

Good luck to you and your family. Hopefully it's just a regular bug that goes away quickly. I do find it disturbing that you cant get tested. Its ridiculous, especially considering the coronavirus is clearly in your immediate area.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He’s like 80! Half the government is in the high risk group and aren’t following quarantine guidelines! Crazy

I'm really surprised that Trump and the Congress arent taking more precautions to protect themselves.

#841 4 years ago

Thats like that Dr who was licking her fingers on TV the other day. I'm surprised at the lack of self awareness by these people. Not one of them thought twice about touching that mic. This is exactly why I dont like buffets.
Besides, who needs an all you can eat meal?

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

For the love of Mike, buy an fing “word-a-day” calendar, learn something and stop the broken record. At least fake it...oh wait

That's his wife's job.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I think nature is trying to help drain the swamp that is currently overflowing.

Unfortunately its going to take some good people along with it.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm thinking about doing a late nite grocery shopping trip. Hopefully it wont be too crowded at 2 or 3am.

I'm going to try and do the exact same thing tonight. All the stores do most of their restocking at night and the daytime crowds are just too large.

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Tell her thanks. She should be getting hazard pay. Appreciate healthcare workers...they are as undervalued as teachers.

No question about it. I have two family members that are probably going to be on the frontlines of this fight (nursing). So far things are still quiet, but they also told me the hospital still doesn't have enough PPE supplies for the staff.
I'd like to know Wtf the hold up is?! The Hospital makes millions a year in profit but god forbid they'd put a dime of that into having ample supplies in case things get out of hand.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ski lifts out here were only letting singles and travel companions ride lift together. Lines were super long.
Then they shut down all the mountains altogether....only our #1 tourist industry.
Then we had st patty’s parade cancelled, yet the irish-ish bars were packed with 20 somethings. Packed.

Yep, same thing around here. Bars were packed with people in their 20s for St Patty's day. Theres some people that wont take this seriously no matter what they're told. Asking them to take simple common sense precautions is a bridge too far.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though there's been a lot of negative media attention about the virus there is a lot of good going on in terms of dozens of states and cities limiting large gatherings, cancellation of big events, some companies offering paid sick leave, the bipartisan govt deal reached last week, grocery stores being restocked, etc.
Overall I think we are going to get through this better then expected. The United States has always come together in dire situations. Two weeks ago people were still ripping each other apart over every day life but now are starting to come together. Our resolve is one of this countries biggest strengths.

I tend to agree with you, but I still think this is going to be very rough for the next 2 months, especially in NYC. I just dont see any way they can keep the infection rates down without shutting the city down.
I also think the longterm economic impact will be worse than the actual virus and will probably take a few years to recover from.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THe city will be shut down this week. I'd hope an announcement coming tomorrow. NYC City Council Speaker and Comptroller both calling for it.
It boggles my mind that bars and restaurants are still open. Young people were crowding many bars last night. And the fact that movie theaters are still operating is insane.

Its amazing. Its happening here too, but obviously on a much smaller scale. I just dont get it or understand people. The next few months will be very telling. Goodluck to all of you in NYC.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Yeah they bought a hotel to try to contain the infected homeless. ‘Member that bum that fled and went on a shoplifting spree? Good thing it turned out he tested negative.
Our state sure is handling this mess better than the federal government /s

I heard an interview the other day with your governor. He sounded like he was really on top of things, very competent and his interview was on point.
It was actually nice to see someone in Govt that was so articulate and well informed about this crisis.

#1205 4 years ago

Why and How Governments Need to Mobilize Sanitizer Supply – NextBigFuture.com
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2020/03/why-and-how-governments-need-to-mobilize-sanitizer-supply.html

I thought this was an interesting read.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Do u recall all this over the H1N1 virus. The notion that u cant be to careful is incorrect
Wash your hands, cover your cough all the things u were taught as a kid are good. Shut down the entire economy for a couple of thousand deaths. Thats an over reaction. The H1N1 came from Mexico. They didnt even close that boarder. Stern did allow me to go into the gift shop though, so at least smarter heads prevailed there.

Coronavirus is twice as contagious and Possibly up to 30 times more deadly than H1N1. You really think NYC would shut down over something that was only as dangerous as the flu? Wake TF up!!!

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

They dont have those numbers on this virus yet. We have no idea how many people have it but have not been diagnosed. These people would have gotten better without being counted. So your statistics which you couched with the term "probably" dont influence me. What does, is the cratering of our economy. if i cant work, i cant earn money. if i cant earn money, i cant pay my bills.Thats very real to me.

Guess what else you can't do? Pay bills when you're dead! We're all going to pay some sort of price for this nightmare till it's over, but Health>Wealth. Get with the program and quit listening to Fox "news".

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

1st paragraph:
Research from a laboratory-grown copy of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes the COVID-19 illness shows that heat affects the virus and impacts its behavior, a top pathologist said new research has shown. But other infectious disease experts aren't yet convinced.
And:
Nicholls and colleagues from a team at Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou, China, previously produced a study, which was published in February and has yet to be peer-reviewed, noting the effect of heat.
Let’s not celebrate just yet...

Fingers crossed on this one. Springtime temps are definitely early this year. I usually don't have to mow until about mid April and it looks like my lawn is already overdue.

#1358 4 years ago

What's really upsetting is the level of economic damage this is going to cause could have been minimized by early widespread testing. The Irony of this will be lost on our "top" guys.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Buy stock in ventilators, the feds just told all the State govs to try and get them on your own...so it’s a vent competition state vs state. Like a horrible reality show.

Just when you think he couldn't be anymore incompetent, he tops himself again.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These people are ruining our country.
They root for an ideology like a sports team.

They root for this idealogy even when it clearly conflicts with their own self interest.
They're like socioeconomic suicide vest bombers. It's never going to work out for them, but they're all in anyway.

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Congressman Khanna talking stimulus packages said he’d like to see 50% bonus hazard pay for at risk professionals including GROCERY CLERKS

I agree. They should be treated as frontline workers and get more pay. They should also be issued protective gear as well.
Grocery workers, bank tellers, pharmacy workers and gas station attendants all should be included because of their close contact with the public and because we need them to stay open.

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My father (in his 70s) is currently in the hospital. He went in today for cancer surgery to have a tumor removed.
Best case scenario they release him tomorrow, possibly the next day.
They live in California.
Both my mom and dad have health problems and check multiple categories for high risk if infected by corona.
Both of them think this is over hyped media propaganda and nothing more than a flu. My mom called me today to give me a report on how my dads doing. She then proceeded to tell me how the surgery went well and she spent all day in the hospital waiting room and how crazy it was with “all these people”.
At that point my stomach cramped up into a ball.
To be honest all of this scare the shit out of me. Going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

Wow! What you're going through is almost exactly the same scenario that I'm currently dealing with. I hope everything goes well for you.
I also had to read my parents the riot act yesterday because they really weren't understanding their level of risk. Between the cancer and diabetes, they are prime candidates to be victims.

#1595 4 years ago

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:You are welcome to be butt-hurt over my vote anytime. Pinside shouldn't be an echo-chamber for anything other than a love of pinball.

Yet here you are on this thread that has nothing to do with pinball and you're downvoting pretty much anything that resembles common sense.
Good luck on your crusade.

#1656 4 years ago

Diamond Princess Mysteries | Watts Up With That?
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/16/diamond-princess-mysteries/

Interesting analysis of infection rates.
Maybe we'll get lucky and it really won't be bad.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I only rely on the Pinside media for the beautiful, amazing, bestest most wonderful news!

Call me crazy, but what I love about Pinside during this crisis is the international perspective. I appreciate hearing whats going on around the world from other Pinsiders in their countries. Even seeing the perspective between our states here in America is interesting.

#1878 4 years ago
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's been in our area for some time, but our communities only started getting tests Sunday/Monday and the first results are starting to come back. Lancaster has 4 more they are treating and just waiting to make official.

Yeah, unfortunately I knew it was here, but I was waiting to see something official for my city. Plus I still don't think there's any testing going on in my county yet. There is a drive up test tent set up, but it's empty.

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Unless you list a specific item, I’m just not on board with both side-ism either. To generalize, both side-ism, for example gives an equal platform to pure bunk like climate deniers. So, you’ll have the media saying this “side” SAYS this and this side SAYS this...in lots and lots and lots of cases there IS a factual truth. So instead of saying, all the science or Doctors say this and you are denying it, they present stuff as more or less equal opinion.

Exactly! There is no such thing as two sides to the facts. Pretending that the group that argues against the basis of known reality (I.e FACTS) has any merit, is f'n ridiculous!

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

“Likely” and numbers don’t mix well, math is finite, and yes 100% accurate on death numbers made me laugh.

That's exactly right. There's no way that every death that was actually caused by this virus has been verified and counted.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I'm seeing "good news" from China being posted like it represents a light at the end of our tunnel but what many are failing to realize is that countries like China and South Korea are disciplined enough to understand the severity of the situation and took action to contain the virus, and are still continuing to do so. Especially South Korea. Their citizens took immediate, military-like action to contain it as best they can.
Meanwhile, were over here crowding beaches and witnessing half-ass 'state of emergencies' being carried out in some cities that still value $$$$ over life. We can't get out shit together because we are a nation so divided, we can't even recognize the sound of death knocking at the door because our political noise and distractions are far too loud.

Till this is over America will be number one. Number one in deaths from this pandemic. I work with people that still dont think this is or is going to be a problem.

Drove by a popular diner in my area yesterday and it was packed. Its typically frequented by older people 60+ and they were piled in there like it's any other day. Nothing going on without a care in the world.

I cant say I'd feel sorry for any of these ignorant dolts if they get sick. Unfortunately theyll infect plenty of us who've been sounding the alarms for weeks. The die is cast and we can only brace for impact at this point.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is the best video I’ve seen all week. And while I’m not generally a fan of the Gen Z’rs, they are right about this one. I think they should keep partying and F authority who pretend they have a valid plan to stop this

I get it. Theyre young and want to party it up. Unfortunately, they're also Morons with thought processes shallower than their shot glasses. Ignorance is not something we should be celebrating or cheering on.

Theyre not exactly fighting the good fight and from the most recent reports, they're not as immune to this shit because of their age as they might think they are.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you get cheated out of your spring breaks?

Are you trying to live vicariously through theirs? If it's such a great idea go join them. You're not gonna get a lot of support for that level of stupidity on here.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Who says I’m not. You’re definitely not invited Debbie Downer

You and the partiers all live in the same world as the rest of us. If this thing goes completely of the rails, it isnt going to be bad just for the over 40 crowd. You and all those spring breakers will feel it too. For better or worse, we're all in this one together.

#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I don't think they buy the herd mentality unless it is for immunity...lol.
Boomers list of things to lose:
1. Life
2. Pensions and retirement accounts
3. Businesses
4. Peers/friends
5. Jobs
Youth list of things to lose:
1. Get sick for a week unless you are an exceptional case
2. Potential senior family members
3. Low paying jobs unless they got lucky and landed a career (of which most were exported by boomer CFO's)

I'm not a boomer and I have my own gripes with how some of our so called "leaders " from that age group handle things in business and politics, but I'm smart enough to know that if your house is on fire you should put it out.
Acting like they don't have a stake In This or much to lose is nonsense. As of today we still live in a first world country but if they think they're gonna make a better world out of letting in turn to rubble then they dont know shit from shinola.

These rebels without a clue arent anything new. They weren't the first and they sure as hell wont be the last.

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Walking the dog today and my buddy pulls up to see what I'm up to. Takes a rip off his pipe and asks if I want a hoot. Wtf dude I said. You need to keep that shit to yourself. No more sharing pipes, joints, bongs, pens, nothing. I hope i got thru to him. What really scares me is his wife is a nurse at the retirement home here. I don't want his carelessness to pass something on to her.
Stopped by the bar to pay my tab last night and there was at least 5 or 6 couples, pounding beers and playing the vlts. Not sure what pisses me off more. People not taking this seriously or the bar for even being open?

At what point do we throw in the towel because these advisories aren't being followed and all we're seemingly doing is destroying the economy?
We're in a no win situation.

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Now. This shits overrated[quoted image]

Oh yeah? Hows that? I'd love for you to enlighten me.

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here you go buddy. Covad is mice nuts compared to what we went through and survived. So keep panicking, I’ll just pickup your pins for cheap when you have a heart attack for no good reason
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/
So yeah - Covad is Overrated

What we went through? Whose we? The worst thing you probably ever went through is some of your friends didn't upvote one of your "kick ass" posts on Facebook.
So Youre 21 and will live forever, got it.
Good luck, tough guy. Just do us a favor and dont go around licking toilet seats to show us how invincible you are to infection.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

My estimate is this overhyped Covad nonsense will be over by end of April.
Then I’ll come back here and revive this thread with your panic attacks

Your estimate? Based on what? I'm far from panicked, but one thing I have, is great concerns for vulnerable people in my family. Sorry (not sorry) if that makes me sound lame or panicky. You see, Wolfmaan, With age comes maturity. And with maturity comes the understanding that not everything in this world is about you.
There is such a thing as the greater good, that believe it or not is more important than your good times. Maybe I'll revive this thread in 15 years so you can see how much of an immature child you sound like. As far as your timeline goes, I wish you were right, but you're not.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You seriously are a worthless human being. You should be ashamed of yourself but i know that you are too stupid to realize how big of an azzhole you are. You are a sad excuse for a person.

He doesn't care or probably even really believe what hes saying. Hes just getting a kick out of trolling.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Wait, your from niceville.

That actually made me laugh. Good catch

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I downplayed this in a different thread. Panic was not needed. That said. This has changed, and will change us for a long time. You remember those old people saving used bags and aluminum foil because they went through the Great Depression...this will define us. We will forever change our behavior. Not sure how, but we will change. The economy is and will tank. We will have to fight our way back over years. If the health system is over run...we are screwed. DON’T GO TO THE CLINIC OR ER UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ILL (this behavior is what will help overrun the health system). If you haven’t been exposed to the Coronavirus...you will be there. If you don’t feel good...STAY HOME, FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS. Many will die. Suffocate. I am afraid to watch this. Isolate yourself and family. That does not mean you can’t go for a walk, hike, run, or be outside, but don’t be close to other people. This is not a scare tactic, just reality as of now. In a few months, this will pass, but make no mistake, this is serious. I was fitted for my N95 today. I’m not wearing my gown in this pic, but this how I see ALL in the clinic with any respiratory illness (what used to be just a cold). In my wildest nightmares I didn’t think I would be in this position. Enjoy your family and your pins/games. Stay home if you can.[quoted image]

Good luck and stay safe.

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

I heard you either have to earn less than $75K or $99K, either as a couple or individual, not sure which one. Vast majority of people will not be getting a check, if that is the case.

Most people dont make 75k a year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance?tu=Honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.