(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.
#351 4 years ago

When should you get tested?

Wife flew on several flights in last week to East coast. She now has a fever and fatigue, no cough.

Called Doctor, they said call health dept. Called health dept, get a recording and then a hang up.

There’s a drive up testing but you need Doctor authorization.

“If you’re sick, stay home”. OK. Do I quarantine? What about my family? Co-workers?

Seems impossible to get tested unless you have 1 foot in the grave. Meanwhile you interact with your family, kids go to school ... probably nothing but this seems like an example of why this is spreading.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wife flew on several flights in last week to East coast.

Why???

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems impossible to get tested unless you have 1 foot in the grave. Meanwhile you interact with your family, kids go to school ... probably nothing but this seems like an example of why this is spreading.

A local teacher was quarantined and is now sick, yet sent her kids to school during her quarantine. Parents are not happy.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A local teacher was quarantined and is now sick, yet sent her kids to school during her quarantine. Parents are not happy.

Excellent. Ugh.

#355 4 years ago

Lol...it seems like a long time ago but waaay back then, there were only cases in CA/West coast. We both thought it’d be fine. Her job requires in person meetings with State government officials around the Country.

Now, a week later, it’s coast to coast. This is why I wish they had the balls to recommend limit travel and go hard at this.

So she’s sick, who knows? Flu, random fever, other virus, corona....apparently the kids, myself, co-workers just have to go on with life and hope it’s nothing!

Great plan USA....see also: Italy.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That’s for sure crazy.

I’m just puzzled. What do you do if you have a fever? We want a test and can’t get it. Of course we haven’t been to China! You know who else hasn’t been there? A bunch of other people with the virus. Insanity.

#357 4 years ago

Due to the fear of a nationwide shutdown, I stopped by Costco one more last night and bought three cases of large bottles of Jack Daniels. Hopefully that will hold me until some order is restored.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I read an estimate of an 8 week shut down would effectively stop this thing. I’m down with an 8 week chill out. This is what governments are for, dealing with societal crisis.

And then what poof this thing is gone forever? Nope. It won't work, as someone who is asymptomatic will come back to the country on week 9 and the whole thing begins anew. You would have to close off the country for a much much longer time once everyone here didn't have it. And then somehow you have to prove the virus doesn't just exist in the wild like everything else that afflicts us on a yearly basis.

It sucks but nature is a mean bitch and she will run her course regardless of what we do to try and stop her. Get your wife on at least 5,000 IU's of Vitamin C and D will lots of fluids. Testing will only say yes or no, it will still be up to you/her to overcome it.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Testing will only say yes or no, it will still be up to you/her to overcome it.

I am more concerned with my kids spreading it to 2 different schools...co-workers spreading it god knows where etc. That’s what a test will stop. Everyone getting it right now and slamming the healthcare system....also dying etc

#360 4 years ago

Good luck stopping it now.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

And then what poof this thing is gone forever? Nope. It won't work, as someone who is asymptomatic will come back to the country on week 9 and the whole thing begins anew. You would have to close off the country for a much much longer time once everyone here didn't have it. And then somehow you have to prove the virus doesn't just exist in the wild like everything else that afflicts us on a yearly basis.
It sucks but nature is a mean bitch and she will run her course regardless of what we do to try and stop her. Get your wife on at least 5,000 IU's of Vitamin C and D will lots of fluids. Testing will only say yes or no, it will still be up to you/her to overcome it.

Unlikely poof, but slow it down slow it down slow it down. Eventually we will have treatments and a vaccine. Hospital networks need time. The system needs time.

What happens when you eat a weeks worth of food at one time without chewing?

#363 4 years ago

Posted this in the wrong thread...

Well this just dropped:

• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/11/814474930/coronavirus-covid-19-is-now-officially-a-pandemic-who-says

The numbers:
COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, has sickened more than 121,000 people and killed over 4,300 people.

#364 4 years ago

interesting word "PANdemIC"

#365 4 years ago

Nobody is coming into my work. The parking lot for the entire center is empty. Might be time to start this vacation now.

#366 4 years ago

94,000 cases, 50,000 recovered...not sure those numbers mean much. That would mean 44,000 haven’t recovered which seems high. Of the 50,000 we don’t know the severity of each case either.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Posted this in the wrong thread...
Well this just dropped:
• The World Health Organization has formally declared the COVID-19 outbreak a "pandemic."

Their competence and honesty is refreshing. Would be nice if everybody embraced this M.O.

#368 4 years ago

Local news just did a fact check on that stupid doctors office white board meme...100% false. All the years wrong, covid facts wrong...apparently adapted from a tweet by a radio host.

#369 4 years ago

University of Colorado going to online classes for remainder of year.

#370 4 years ago
8suep75yo2m41 (resized).jpg8suep75yo2m41 (resized).jpg
#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That’s for sure crazy.
I’m just puzzled. What do you do if you have a fever? We want a test and can’t get it. Of course we haven’t been to China! You know who else hasn’t been there? A bunch of other people with the virus. Insanity.

Well, the good news is that once the tests - that certainly exist and are available - become available, they’re perfect.

Good luck to your wife, you and yours.

#372 4 years ago

Warriors playing to an empty stadium....seem to remember predictions that would never happen.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

When should you get tested?
Wife flew on several flights in last week to East coast. She now has a fever and fatigue, no cough.
Called Doctor, they said call health dept. Called health dept, get a recording and then a hang up.
There’s a drive up testing but you need Doctor authorization.
“If you’re sick, stay home”. OK. Do I quarantine? What about my family? Co-workers?

You Have A Fever And A Dry Cough. Now What?
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/10/814091024/you-have-a-fever-and-a-dry-cough-now-what

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Warriors playing to an empty stadium....seem to remember predictions that would never happen.

Honestly...If I was them, I'd rather just not play than do that...

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not acceptable.

Guys, They just postponed Hash Bash here, it's time to start getting worried when those hippees shut it down.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They have to play to get paid.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

they make considerably more than the average person who may be staying home from work...I think they can manage. That being said, the assumption is they can always reschedule it. If no one is there, the venue isn't making anything - where is their money coming from?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

- where is their money coming from?

TV deals, which is where the majority of their fans watch games, not in arenas.
I mean sure the Warriors suck so they can just forfeit the games, but other teams will have to play.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It’s all about television revenue.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TV deals, which is where the majority of their fans watch games, not in arenas.

Good point.

#381 4 years ago

And now, just got the email from my kids elementary school. Parent/family from school has been exposed to a positive person. They are in 14 day quarantine. Somehow they don’t qualify for a test either....yet they are 100% sure they were exposed.

Not sure what course of action to take here.

#382 4 years ago

Burger King just sent me an e-mail detailing their safety procedures. It's nice to know somebody cares about me!

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And now, just got the email from my kids elementary school. Parent/family from school has been exposed to a positive person. They are in 14 day quarantine. Somehow they don’t qualify for a test either....yet they are 100% sure they were exposed.
Not sure what course of action to take here.

If you can do it, I'd consider keeping the kids home for a week or 2. Once it gets in the school, it's gonna spread.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you can do it, I'd consider keeping the kids home for a week or 2. Once it gets in the school, it's gonna spread.

I’m actually trying not to overreact but I’m getting sort of pissed in general. 2 Elementary schools in my hood, 1 closed this morning and then our school announcing exposure this afternoon? WTF? Nobody can get tested?!

I am probably going to keep my son home tomorrow...though it’d be nice to know if my wife has it! I disinfected the house as best I could.

#385 4 years ago

There definitely does seem to be a decrease in the number of "it's just the flu, bro!" posters recently?

ER0_MI9U8AIojpc (resized).jpgER0_MI9U8AIojpc (resized).jpg
#386 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

There definitely does seem to be a decrease in the number of "it's just the flu, bro!" posters recently?[quoted image]

Maybe here...but look elsewhere, they are still all over the place with 'i don't understand, the flu kills more', even under articles that explain exactly why that line of thinking is wrong. (also they keep popping up in the market thread)

I've come to the conclusion that the deniers all along are those people who believe the 'if you think positive thoughts, positive things happen'. That might work with your own mentality and initiatives, but it doesn't stop mother nature.

#387 4 years ago

My wife reports that toilet paper is nowhere to be found in stores . People have entire carts filled and won’t give any up.

#388 4 years ago

We need to Antoine Dodson to come out and tell us about covid 19.

If an edit to his video were made...

#389 4 years ago

City of Houston went ahead and declared a citywide emergency for 7 days, with an option to extend. They have canceled city public events -- which is a HUGE deal because we are smack in the middle of the Livestock Show & Rodeo. They are just canceling the remainder of that event; millions of dollars will be lost. I don't know what they'll do about all the scholarships that would otherwise have been awarded, but they are herding everyone out at this moment.

This appears to be about one person who was at the BBQ Cookoff last week and who now has the symptoms. The City doesn't even have test kits so the sample has gone off to the Atlanta CDC for analysis. Under the circumstances, this seems like the best approach.

Invest in toilet paper and webcams.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

We need to Antoine Dodson to come out and tell us about covid 19.
If an edit to his video were made...

I'm assuming you mean the epic video? (I don't know the guys name). I'm sure there will be one at some point...if we all survive

#391 4 years ago

NCAA first round in Ohio just announced they will play to an empty arena

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm assuming you mean the epic video? (I don't know the guys name). I'm sure there will be one at some point...if we all survive

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

NCAA first round in Ohio just announced they will play to an empty arena

https://twitter.com/i/status/1237817246224973825

#394 4 years ago

I work in the hotel industry. Groups are cancelling at an alarming rate.

I went from working 40 hours a week to zero. And it doesn't look to get better in the next 3 months as more are cancelling.

This will have a ripple effect far worse than 9/11 or 2008 if it isn't contained sooner than later.

With housing costs at all time highs, this will crush a lot of people.

Hoping for the best.

#395 4 years ago

"I'll tell ya I'm suffering...
from a hangover''

- Morgan Erp, Tombstone

Too much Corona!

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

With housing costs at all time highs, this will crush a lot of people.

They gotta do something beyond a friggin payroll tax cut

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I work in the hotel industry. Groups are cancelling at an alarming rate.

I stayed at a hotel this past weekend and was one of maybe 5 guests in the entire place. Same was true for the hotel next door based on the parking lot. Never seen hotel rates this cheap.

#398 4 years ago

My job is prepping to have all employees work from home for a period of time. They are buying up laptops for those who work in the office normally. That's thousands upon thousands of laptops for this. Most of our company could work remotely and it not impact the work, which is fortunate. They are also planning to split the workload between regions for backup scenarios.

#399 4 years ago

The whole world is going out of business.

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My job is prepping to have all employers work from home for a period of time.

Yuuup. We got that one last week.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.