(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Oh. Dont get me wrong. I care not of your opinion regarding Musk.
Just sticking up for the potheads in the room

I didnt....Potheads are hard to offend.....unless arguing over weed.

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey man. . .

I'm like totally okay with that statement man.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Russia and North Korea nipped this shit in the bud before it even started. They don't have public gatherings unless it is a celebration of the state.

And not much to celebrate in Russia and North Korea.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

umm what were we talking about ?

#2105 4 years ago

How to cure this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2106 4 years ago

All this talk, I’m pulling out the grinder and firing up STTNG

#2107 4 years ago

This pothead talk makes me laugh. But I wish I could be on that other thread where you all are taking about The French, oral sex, and BJs.

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

All this talk, I’m pulling out the grinder and firing up STTNG

me too...see ya!

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This pothead talk makes me laugh. But I wish I could be on that other thread where you all are taking about The French, oral sex, and BJs.

La Pipe.....for you!

https://jezebel.com/blowjobs-why-cant-americans-be-more-like-the-french-5936964

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

10k by Christmas (100k by next weekend)
[quoted image]

You should show these graphs with a linear scale, an exponentially increasing graph communicates the urgency in a more visual way...

#2111 4 years ago

US domestic air travel sees 'virtual shutdown' as more restrictions are being discussed

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/politics/domestic-travel-restrictions-virtual-shutdown/index.html

But there are problems with that:

"Such a drastic move domestically could further cripple the nation's economy, and have negative effects such as preventing the flow of cargo, making it harder to ship medical supplies and other essential goods."

Cargo needs

"One of the factors keeping planes flying right now is the role that aviation plays in moving goods across the country.
"If airplanes don't fly, cargo doesn't fly," one administration official said. "We have to keep the transportation network up and running."
=======================================

If Amazon or Ebay had to shutdown it would a complete disaster.

It is getting to the point that the only non-essential workers might be working on a golf course. Or movie theatre.

#2112 4 years ago

Damn you @odin, I looked all over the basement for my old BTO records and couldn’t find them. But I found some sweet John Mayall albums so I’m listening to those instead.

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Damn you odin, I looked all over the basement for my old BTO records and couldn’t find them. But I found some sweet John Mayall albums so I’m listening to those instead.

I had BTO on 8-track...

#2114 4 years ago

Ahh. La Pipe is real sex. I see. I always thought so. I seemed to recall some some saying " I did not have sex with the woman. " several years ago. I guess he did not get the message about La Pipe.

#2115 4 years ago

This has been Circulating among my owner operators (truck drivers) to drive up freight rates.

Totally false news! Although rates are up.

AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).pngAB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ahh. La Pipe is real sex. I see. I always thought so. I seemed to recall some some saying " I did not have sex with the woman. " several years ago. I guess he did not get the message about La Pipe.

I’m confused, do you La Pipe then lay the La pipe? Or visa versus?

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This has been Circulating among my owner operators (truck drivers) to drive up freight rates.
Totally false news! Although rates are up.[quoted image]

Hey! We were talking about La Pipe!

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

I had BTO on 8-track...

Hahahaha, you just reminded me, I did too. I never had the albums, just the 8-tracks.

#2119 4 years ago

The sharpie is out again...worries about the name/branding

957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And my daughter brought me a belated birthday gift last night. She used to love Camp Snoopy.[quoted image]

I hope I have enough weed. If not it’s time to clean out and take a break.

#2121 4 years ago

My question is have they passed the enhanced unemployment benefits yet?

#2122 4 years ago

The Pennsylvania governor just ordered all non-life sustaining busineses in PA to close at 8PM tonight. Enforcement to begin midnight Friday/Saturday by state and local police. I imagine there will be a court fight over that, as his powers may not include the ability to make this order.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is the best video I’ve seen all week. And while I’m not generally a fan of the Gen Z’rs, they are right about this one. I think they should keep partying and F authority who pretend they have a valid plan to stop this

I get it. Theyre young and want to party it up. Unfortunately, they're also Morons with thought processes shallower than their shot glasses. Ignorance is not something we should be celebrating or cheering on.

Theyre not exactly fighting the good fight and from the most recent reports, they're not as immune to this shit because of their age as they might think they are.

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I hope I have enough weed. If not it’s time to clean out and take a break.

I wonder the pot shops in Colorado have had to close down. Man , with their stuff this is no "down to seeds and stems" that you can rifle through. It is just gone. Pfft.

#2125 4 years ago

That's one thing I'm not short on. Thanks to my buddy's clones and mother nature here in So Cal.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The Pennsylvania governor just ordered all non-life sustaining busineses in PA to close at 8PM tonight. Enforcement to begin midnight Friday/Saturday by state and local police. I imagine there will be a court fight over that, as his powers may not include the ability to make this order.

I wonder what they do in the cases where someone has to be on a job that is not life saving? My job is not a life saving job but someone has to be there because there is equipment that cannot be turned off and it has to be monitored.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I get it. Theyre young and what to party it up. Unfortunately, they're Morons with thought processes shallower than their shot glasses. Ignorance is not something we should be celebrating or cheering on.
Theyre not exactly fighting the good fight and from the most recent reports, they're not as immune to this shit because of their age as they might think they are.

Did you get cheated out of your spring breaks?

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m confused, do you La Pipe then lay the La pipe? Or visa versus?

Silly boy. You should have left that grinder alone.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you get cheated out of your spring breaks?

Are you trying to live vicariously through theirs? If it's such a great idea go join them. You're not gonna get a lot of support for that level of stupidity on here.

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes I was a kid and I was wild as fuck but if something this serious would have happened I would have been respectful of the older people who are at risk and I would have done my part as a U.S. citizen to help get rid of this virus. I have always respected my elders.

You have to understand the youth's (Genz and Mil) perspective. As a Gen Xer I sit back with interest and curiosity as I am not a target of their angst, the baby boomers are. A lot of them want accelerationism. They don't want to live in these times any longer and they absolutely do not relate to boomers whom rely on legacy corporate media (FoxNews, Abc, MSNBC, etc.) for their information. They actually recognize those media firms to be mere propaganda wings of the DNC and RNC, which in all honesty, they are. They want nothing to do with the establishment parties (see growing support for more "extreme" candidates), where as many boomers put party before country. I digress. As I mentioned, they want accelerationism as they feel we live in "clown town". They want to hit the reset button on both sides of the isle for varying reasons. In fact on many forums they are hoping for the corona virus to be "the happening". They are praying it doesn't become a "nothing burger". They are tired of the baby boomers. Below are examples of memes of which you will find a plethora of on the internet.

Again, don't flame me. I'm just telling you their perspective.

5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpgimage001_583251153435365 (resized).pngimage001_583251153435365 (resized).png
#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The sharpie is out again...worries about the name/branding [quoted image]

Sick. Only word for it.

That goes for anybody who thinks it’s ok.

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Are you trying to live vicariously through theirs? If it's such a great idea go join them. You're not gonna get a lot of support for that level of stupidity on here.

Who says I’m not. You’re definitely not invited Debbie Downer

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder what they do in the cases where someone has to be on a job that is not life saving? My job is not a life saving job but someone has to be there because there is equipment that cannot be turned off and it has to be monitored.

There's a very long list of what kinds of businesses are exempt. Like steel and aluminum mills can stay open, but metal fabrication and machine shop type places must close. Hardware stores can stay open. It's kind of a trip. You can see the chart at the bottom of the article here:
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/03/all-non-life-sustaining-businesses-in-pa-must-close-gov-wolf.html

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

You should show these graphs with a linear scale, an exponentially increasing graph communicates the urgency in a more visual way...

Nah, when you're dealing with exponential growth the logarithmic scale is pretty good:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

You have to understand the youth's (Genz and Mil) perspective. As a Gen Xer I sit back with interest and curiosity as I am not a target of their angst, the baby boomers are. A lot of them want accelerationism. They don't want to live in these times any longer and they absolutely do not relate to boomers whom rely on legacy corporate media (FoxNews, Abc, MSNBC, etc.) for their information. They actually recognize those media firms to be mere propaganda wings of the DNC and RNC, which in all honesty, they are. They want nothing to do with the establishment parties (see growing support for more "extreme" candidates), where as many boomers put party before country. I digress. As I mentioned, they want accelerationism as they feel we live in "clown town". They want to hit the reset button on both sides of the isle for varying reasons. In fact on many forums they are hoping for the corona virus to be "the happening". They are praying it doesn't become a "nothing burger". They are tired of the baby boomers. Below are examples of memes of which you will find a plethora of on the internet.
Again, don't flame me. I'm just telling you their perspective.

This isnt about politics or fox news or CNN news, it's about getting through this thing and respecting your elders and doing your part for the good of this country. I'm sure that they dont hate their grandparents and they dont want them to catch this and die so why wouldnt they care about other older people in this country?

I know they are young and dont see things the way older people do but if they cant see the importance of this and if they don't have any respect for older people then they are totally useless assholes to our society.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This isnt about politics or fox news or CNN news, it's about getting through this thing and respecting your elders and doing your part for the good of this country. I'm sure that they dont hate their grandparents and they dont want them to catch this and die so why wouldnt they care about other older people in this country?
I know they are young and dont see things the way older people do but if they cant see the importance of this and if they don't have any respect for older people then they are totally useless assholes to our society.

“You know you young people! Begone with youth, I’ve always been a 89 year old grumpy from Ohio even when I was 16”

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it is like the meme states. They feel the boomers have squander everything out of selfishness leaving them nothing. No jobs, fucked up times, massive debt, etc. The boomers didn't give a fuck about the youth so why would they give a fuck about boomers. In their eyes the boomers did no good (for them), so why should they do good for boomers. I think that's it in a nutshell.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Who says I’m not. You’re definitely not invited Debbie Downer

You and the partiers all live in the same world as the rest of us. If this thing goes completely of the rails, it isnt going to be bad just for the over 40 crowd. You and all those spring breakers will feel it too. For better or worse, we're all in this one together.

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think it is like the meme states. They feel the boomers have squander everything out of selfishness leaving them nothing. No jobs, fucked up times, massive debt, etc. The boomers didn't give a fuck about the youth so why would they give a fuck about boomers. In their eyes the boomers did no good (for them), so why should they do good for boomers. I think that's it in a nutshell.

I dont understand at all. Before this happened there were tons of jobs and there will be once this is over too.

What have boomers did to anyone that was wrong? All the boomers that I know have worked their asses off their whole lives and paid their own way through life without asking for handouts. Most boomers that I know are still hard workers even right now. I'm not q Boomer for the record but I really look up to the boomers.

#2140 4 years ago

Maybe this should be on That Pinside bitch thread, but anyway here goes.
My Gen-Z daughter has been trying to talk me into allowing her to go visit her boyfriend this weekend (that now lives in another state).
Everyone in my office is now telecommuting remotely for the next three weeks, and today my Gen-Z co-worker asked me if I had any big exciting plans for the weekend.
In both cases, the answer "Oh, Hell No!" just kinda popped out.
Me... Shaking my head.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:“You know you young people! Begone with youth, I’ve always been a 89 year old grumpy from Ohio even when I was 16”

I was an uninformed, sheltered, small town moron at that age. I imagine back then I would have possibly taken a similar view.

The world was a lot smaller 40 years ago though. Three TV networks and print news. I could give myself a pass on not realizing how serious something was to the planet.

Today? iPhones? Social media? 24/7 info? These kids are fucking morons...that Desantos guy is the bigger effing moron though for allowing this shit. We have idiots and zealots in charge in a lot of places...looking at you Texas and the other 5 states that haven’t restricted anything.

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You and the partiers all live in the same world as the rest of us. If this thing goes completely of the rails, it isnt going to be bad just for the over 40 crowd. You and all those spring breakers will feel it too. For better or worse, we're all in this one together.

I don't think they buy the herd mentality unless it is for immunity...lol.

Boomers list of things to lose:
1. Life
2. Pensions and retirement accounts
3. Businesses
4. Peers/friends
5. Jobs

Youth list of things to lose:
1. Get sick for a week unless you are an exceptional case
2. Potential senior family members
3. Low paying jobs unless they got lucky and landed a career (of which most were exported by boomer CFO's)

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

1. Life
3. Businesses
4. Peers/friends
5. Jobs
3. Low paying jobs unless they got lucky and landed a career (of which most were exported by boomer CFO's)

Facts

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

1. Life
3. Businesses
4. Peers/friends
5. Jobs

This how life works, not much when your young and work hard and have 1-5 on your list, just 3 months ago I was hiring someone at a living wage with benefits and could basically find no one. And I’m not Boomer, a btw.

#2145 4 years ago

Well the Mayor of Chicago just announced if you're sick and/or exhibit the signs of being sick and you're out in public without proof of intent to seek medical assistance "there will be consequences."

Ordering anyone with any symptom to self quarantine.

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well the Mayor of Chicago just announced if you're sick and/or exhibit the signs of being sick and you're out in public without proof of intent to seek medical assistance "there will be consequences."

Lmao, please tell me CPD will not be diagnosing people, this won’t end well.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I was an uninformed, sheltered, small town moron at that age. I imagine back then I would have possibly taken a similar view.
The world was a lot smaller 40 years ago though. Three TV networks and print news. I could give myself a pass on not realizing how serious something was to the planet.
Today? iPhones? Social media? 24/7 info? These kids are fucking morons...that Desantos guy is the bigger effing moron though for allowing this shit. We have idiots and zealots in charge in a lot of places...looking at you Texas and the other 5 states that haven’t restricted anything.

This maybe your assumption but on forum boards they frequent there is a lot of interesting viewpoints that you will not get in the legacy media and they are definitely not one-sided. True anonymity allows them to speak there minds without recourse from the thought police. Sort of the last bastions of free speech. Some posts are quite childish in nature (often for comedic or satirical value), some hateful but overall most are quite insightful. Unfortunately, free speech doesn't protect you from hurtful speech or speech you may not agree with. They do a ton of research as they hunger for more information and alternative outlooks other then the current mainstream propaganda outlets provide.

I think the problem maybe that you find anyone that doesn't adhere to your philosophy is a moron, which is evident in a majority of your posts. Perhaps a little tolerance and understanding of other's perspectives may be helpful.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Also no utility payments
No towing or tickets
All court dates halted

It’s funny people are still wondering if stern’s factory is pumping out pinball machines. Sounds like the city is very close to a total lock down.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also no utility payments
No towing or tickets
All court dates halted
It’s funny people are still wondering if stern’s factory is pumping out pinball machines. Sounds like the city is very close to a total lock down.

Oh, it’s coming.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also no utility payments
No towing or tickets
All court dates halted

This.

I am like a week away for my RaM being shipped out and right now I think there is a 50/50 chance I'm getting it before lockdown via multiple forms

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/43?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.