(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Till this is over America will be number one. Number one in deaths from this pandemic.

#2 if you judge by all the TP that is being hoarded.

#2052 4 years ago

I have a new drinking game...

Everytime Mike Pence's facial expression changes.... I drink

#2053 4 years ago

Stone cold sober...

#2054 4 years ago

I'm budgeting...

#2055 4 years ago

Eternal chuckly sad santa

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should be reporting on it, if indeed there's anything to report. I really do think, however, the WORST thing right now is any optimism beyond the usual "we will defeat this together!" rhetoric. False optimism about treatments would really send the wrong message, just like promising this will end "sooner rather than later." We need to gird for a long fight here.

IMO, most of the media has done a good job of alerting people to the dangers, explaining social distancing and why it is important, acting as a watchdog on government responses (when their microphones aren't unplugged), showing examples of where this has gone wrong, what's going right, etc. If anything, they could do more of this.

Without lowering the sense of urgency, I would also like to see real info on progress towards wider off label use of existing drugs, how many fast tracked trials there, which drugs, etc.

In addition to virus/illness/death tracking add in a solution tracking component.

#2057 4 years ago

Has anyone seen statistics on collateral deaths? ...meaning individuals with other serious ailments that were unable to get medical care because the hospital was unable to treat them, or unable to treat them in a timely manor due to resources being disproportionately challenged by this virus? While we are at it, what about suicides? Has there been an increase?

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

Has anyone seen statistics on collateral deaths? ...meaning individuals with other serious ailments that were unable to get medical care because the hospital was unable to treat them, or unable to treat them in a timely manor due to resources being disproportionately challenged by this virus? While we are at it, what about suicides? Has there been an increase?

...and apologies for the depressing post. I’m just really curious and concerned about just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

I have a friend, she's in the NYC pinball community...terminal cancer. Been following her journey the past year.

she suddenly developed terrible pain the other night. In normal circumstances she'd go to ICU and they'd try to help her be more comfortable.

Now, they tell he she has to stay home. Can't do anything for her at this time. She's absolutely miserable.

Why don't they have room for her at the hospital? Because they know they will need every bed soon for people who they might be able to save, so for her, it's tough titty.

This is already a real form of "collateral damage" and we are already seeing it. The system is going to be under huge pressure very, very soon.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a friend, she's in the NYC pinball community...terminal cancer. Been following her journey the past year.
she suddenly developed terrible pain the other night. In normal circumstances she'd go to ICU and they'd try to help her be more comfortable.
Now, they tell he she has to stay home. Can't do anything for her at this time. She's absolutely miserable.
Why don't they have room for her at the hospital? Because they know they will need every bed soon for people who they might be able to save, so for her, it's tough titty.
This is already a real form of "collateral damage" and we are already seeing it. The system is going to be under huge pressure very, very soon.

This really sucks!
It seems that at some level our hospitals are already picking and choosing.
I hope your friend finds some comfort somehow.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In normal circumstances she'd go to ICU and they'd try to help her be more comfortable.
Why don't they have room for her at the hospital? Because they know they will need every bed soon for people who they might be able to save, so for her, it's tough titty

I hope your friend pulls through with some comfort soon!

This is almost a more terrifying threat than the virus itself. It's the scenario I had to use to verbally slap some sense into some folks who were all "LOL boomer doomer let 'em die"... well in that case you better plan on not having any car wrecks, household or industrial accidents, broken bones, personal relapses or flareups, new diagnoses, or any other formerly routine encounter-causing incident.

If I get another kidney stone like the one that recalibrated my entire personal worldview of pain and addiction 10 years ago, and the hospitals were full, I think I'd commit suicide. There's no way I'd endure it (FTR I've passed multiple stones without treatment, enduring some pain, but that particular one was... ugh I can't even describe it I couldn't even breathe)

~~~~~

The piecemeal implementation of lockdowns is incredibly frustrating. The midwest and outer coasts are taking it seriously while the rest of the country fiddles. What the everfucking fuck. As a country we're still setting ourselves up for failure. There needs to be a coordinated unified national message and response, but it's far too late. Any curve flattening will be localized, allowing spikes to meander around the country like an undulating waterbed.

I hear people saying "Hey, China's open for business after just a month!". Yeah. If you choose to believe that so be it... but that would only be because they locked the place down hard and built a bunch of hospitals. Meanwhile we still have interstate travel, open bars and beaches, and not even enough tests to begin to understand the scope of WTF we're dealing with yet. Sigh.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you really believe anything that China says?

I have a hard enough time believing what anybody says.

#2063 4 years ago

For all the don’t trust China posts...anybody notice Russia? I thought we were buds with Vlad now? What’s their secret? Talk about bs numbers!

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

While we are at it, what about suicides? Has there been an increase?

Good question. I have not been searching that one. But if people run out of money, can't get food, or get put out on the street, anything is possible.

In 1977, when the farmers were getting hammered and losing their farms, I would see every once in awhile in the papers that another farmer had topped hisself.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

For all the don’t trust China posts...anybody notice Russia?

Russia and North Korea nipped this shit in the bud before it even started. They don't have public gatherings unless it is a celebration of the state.

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

For all the don’t trust China posts...anybody notice Russia? I thought we were buds with Vlad now? What’s their secret? Talk about bs numbers!

Haha I been thinking this all along. Red dot finally popped up on the map the other day

#2067 4 years ago

I have 3 neighbors, 38, 65, and 80s.
All with health issues, all are not able to see their doctors, all in need of Pain Medication, they cant get.

It has even affected me. I have been trying to get a prednisone shot since january.
Ive had 3 doctors offer Weed, easier than a $10 OTC Dog version of this....What a PITA!

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

She's absolutely miserable.

That is pathetic. My mother fought cancer for 14 years (yeah, I know. 14 years is a long time). There was one period where things were not working right and she was in tremendous pain. And as she was lying down on the divan, she was in so much pain that she looked at me and said she wanted to die.

To be in the position your friend is in and to be turned away for pain treatment sounds cold blooded.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I have a new drinking game...
Everytime Mike Pence's facial expression changes.... I drink

So what you’re saying it that you have instituted rationing already?

#2070 4 years ago

“Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work,” he said. “The federal government’s not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we’re not a shipping clerk. We’ll help out wherever we can.”

Mf’er. Just what a mf’er

#2071 4 years ago

Coronavirus cases in Mexico are still very low relatively speaking. That says a lot for not going to doctors, eating spicy food, and drinking.... Corona.

#2072 4 years ago

“ announcement on Wednesday that he had signed the Defense Production Act (DPA) as part of an effort to ramp up U.S. production of emergency medical supplies. On Thursday, he said he would only utilize the DPA if it should be absolutely needed.”

NEWSFLASH! IT IS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. LIKE NOW BIFF.

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really sorry to hear that Levi.
Perhaps it really is best she stays home though. Heaven forbid she goes to ER and contracts something there that could be much worse.
My heart goes out to her.

#2074 4 years ago

I have several neighbors that have not responded to my persistent coughing late at night and first thing in the morning.

#2075 4 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/business/states-grocery-workers-emergency-trnd/index.html

2 states have classed grocery store workers as emergency workers. Minnesota is going to pick up child care costs.
=================================================

In addition to health care workers and first responders, the people on the frontlines of the outbreak also include grocery store employees: the clerks who operate the registers, the staff who stock the shelves, the people who work in distribution and the workers who keep the stores clean.
Now some states are classifying grocery store workers as emergency employees, making them eligible for certain benefits.
===============================

#2076 4 years ago

And my daughter brought me a belated birthday gift last night. She used to love Camp Snoopy.

DSCN6702 (resized).JPGDSCN6702 (resized).JPG
#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/business/states-grocery-workers-emergency-trnd/index.html
2 states have classed grocery store workers as emergency workers. Minnesota is going to pick up child care costs.
=================================================
In addition to health care workers and first responders, the people on the frontlines of the outbreak also include grocery store employees: the clerks who operate the registers, the staff who stock the shelves, the people who work in distribution and the workers who keep the stores clean.
Now some states are classifying grocery store workers as emergency employees, making them eligible for certain benefits.
===============================

Grocery store workers should be getting paid big money right now for putting their health and lives on the line. I think they deserve a permanent raise as well.

Theres a handicapped boy that works his ass off at a grocery store near me and my gf tried to give him a tip one day because he took the groceries to the car for her and helped her get them in the car but he said he wasnt allowed to take any money. My gf went back inside and asked a lady if she could give him a tip and the lady said that it was store policy that they weren't allowed to accept tips. What a bummer that is. This kid works extremely hard and deserves every tip he could get.

#2078 4 years ago

This is the best video I’ve seen all week. And while I’m not generally a fan of the Gen Z’rs, they are right about this one. I think they should keep partying and F authority who pretend they have a valid plan to stop this

#2079 4 years ago

Worth less than a minute of your time....no more.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is the best video I’ve seen all week.

I posted that one last night immediately after I saw it on the news.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is the best video I’ve seen all week. And while I’m not generally a fan of the Gen Z’rs, they are right about this one. I think they should keep partying and F authority who pretend they have a valid plan to stop this

I think that kid is the stupidest MF I've ever seen and he's a disrespectful piece of shit. If I was his dad I'd beat his ass.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think that kid is the stupidest MF I've ever seen and he's a disrespectful piece of shit. If I was his dad I'd beat his ass.

The same might be said of the Florida governor.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess you weren’t a kid huh? Sounds you’re only worried about your own needs. I hope these kids don’t listen to old farts like you and keep L-I-V-I-N

#2084 4 years ago

Elon Musk is not making this bad situation any better.
The Tesla plant in Fremont is still running.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/03/18/tesla_coronavirus_lockdown/
IMG_0161 (resized).PNGIMG_0161 (resized).PNG

#2085 4 years ago

My gas station is out of everything except high grade and the clerk said they were told supply runs were being minimized due to coronavirus. Take the latter for what you will, but they are about out of gas and it will get nutz once everybody else realizes this.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My gas station is out of everything except high grade and the clerk said they were told supply runs were being minimized due to coronavirus. Take the latter for what you will, but they are about out of gas and it will get nutz once everybody else realizes this.

As long as the supply line has some gas I don't give a shit if mom can fill up the minivan. Nobody should be going anywhere anyway.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As long as the supply line has some gas I don't give a shit if mom can fill up the minivan. Nobody should be going anywhere anyway.

I'm moving my kid out of her dorm and probably have a couple more runs to make. It is a concern for me.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I guess you weren’t a kid huh? Sounds you’re only worried about your own needs. I hope these kids don’t listen to old farts like you and keep L-I-V-I-N

Yes I was a kid and I was wild as fuck but if something this serious would have happened I would have been respectful of the older people who are at risk and I would have done my part as a U.S. citizen to help get rid of this virus. I have always respected my elders.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes I was a kid and I was wild as fuck but if something this serious would have happened I would have been respectful of the older people who are at risk and I would have done my part as a U.S. citizen to help get rid of this virus. I have always respected my elders.

Sure you would have. You sound like my hypocritical brother. We totally caused complete chaos as kids and now we’re going to tell these kids just hanging out at a beach and partying they’ve gone too far?

They should be tell everyone to F off. They don’t get their young fun times back and you hypocrites already lived yours

Sunny Bono died hitting a tree for a reason after he shut down Palm Springs Spring Break - karma

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Elon Musk is not making this bad situation any better.
The Tesla plant in Fremont is still running.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/03/18/tesla_coronavirus_lockdown/
[quoted image]

Musk is a total scumbag and horrible to his workers.

And like many other rich idiots, he has a cult of people who believe everything he says for no particular reason, and he's responsible for countless people's slow acceptance of reality on this. Hopefully he's one of the first dragged to the guilotines.

Well, maybe the second.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And like many other rich idiots, he has a cult of people who believe everything he says for no particular reason, and he's responsible for countless people's slow acceptance of reality on this. Hopefully he's one of the first dragged to the guilotines.
Well, maybe the second.

Waaay too much weed....all the time.

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Waaay too much weed....all the time.

I take offense to this.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sure you would have.

Ok sure buddy. Like you know me..

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, maybe the second.

Elon is my hero. 2nd behind Hugh Hefner (RIP).

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I take offense to this.

I resemble this! Glad Im retired!

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Elon is my hero. 2nd behind Hugh Hefner (RIP).

Shocker.

Oh Sean Payton has it now.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I resemble this! Glad Im retired!

Oh. Dont get me wrong. I care not of your opinion regarding Musk.

Just sticking up for the potheads in the room

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

If they don’t listen then they may start D-I-E-I-N

#2099 4 years ago

Feds will be announcing Quarantining...Likely tomorrow afternoon to avoid affecting Market.
Hospitals have been put on notice.

Info from Family in Hospitals that have received briefings.

#2100 4 years ago

10k today
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.