(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.
#2001 4 years ago

Oak Park, Il just announced full quarantine, first in Chicago area.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Oak Park, Il just announced full quarantine, first in Chicago area.

berwyn!!

#2003 4 years ago

My thoughts.

6DB10779-7AB2-4AC7-908C-92D9AAC82394 (resized).jpeg6DB10779-7AB2-4AC7-908C-92D9AAC82394 (resized).jpeg
#2004 4 years ago

(edited)

#2005 4 years ago

Coronavirus Diary: Day 5 of self quarantine. Haven't showered in 2 weeks.

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Don't buy into panic or fear mongering, just stay hunkered down, wash your hands and control what you can control.

Depends on definition of buying in to panic. It is absolutely clear now that our botched response is tracking Italian response or worse. I’m not saying run around screaming or curl up in a corner but buy in to the need to be seriously prepared for all things to go to hell for a bit. Get ready now. This is a many many months problem at least, not weeks.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Coronavirus Diary: Day 5 of self quarantine. Haven't showered in 2 weeks.

Sounds like you are already ready to attend the next big pinball show!

#2009 4 years ago

Numbers as of yesterday.

1584590338780 (resized).png1584590338780 (resized).png
#2010 4 years ago

“ The first coronavirus case in the U.S. and South Korea was detected on the same day. By late January, Seoul had medical companies starting to work on a diagnostic test — one was approved a week later. Today, the U.S. isn’t even close to meeting test demand“

AND S. Korea now has essentially contained the virus...while we are Italy.

Ship has sailed but you can’t stress enough how bad our response was/is. Clusterf*ck

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Numbers as of yesterday.[quoted image]

Pull all of the data coming from China out of those statistics and you will find some very different percentages of closed cases (recoveries VS death).

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Pull all of the data coming from China out of those statistics and you will find some very different percentages of closed cases (recoveries VS death).

I want to point out the recoveries versus deaths are only confirmed cases. My mother and son were both told by the hospital they should assume they have the virus. They are both recovered/ recovering. They will never be a confirmed case, a recovered case or a death case. The numbers I believe are skewed because only those with serious issues are being tested.

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

“ The first coronavirus case in the U.S. and South Korea was detected on the same day. By late January, Seoul had medical companies starting to work on a diagnostic test — one was approved a week later. Today, the U.S. isn’t even close to meeting test demand“
AND S. Korea now has essentially contained the virus...while we are Italy.
Ship has sailed but you can’t stress enough how bad our response was/is. Clusterf*ck

The Problem is if the Outbreak is severe, most wont understand the 4-8 week missed planning, and control methods to have stayed ahead. Too much time spent in denial, and deflection.
Deflection is still there, and Alt facts to rewrite the events, along with grandstanding to appeal as
effective.
If we solve in a few months, it wont matter. If it gets exponentially worse, Blame is China, not us.
Those still in misunderstanding.....its the flu.....now account for approx 37% or less, relative to approval
rating. Ignorance is Bliss.

Costco this morning had a 45 minute line at opening.....a 1-1/2 hour line when I left.
1 Pallet of TP, I was one to get the last one of 4, and on Bleach Wipes.
One person kicked out for trying to take TP from someone elses cart.

#2014 4 years ago

Be careful about the information you read on this and other coronavirus threads. If someone doesn't type FACT before or after a statement - preferably before and after with a couple of these things **, be cautious. **FACT**

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Be careful about the information you read on this and other coronavirus threads. If someone doesn't type FACT before or after a statement - preferably before and after with a couple of these things **, be cautious. **FACT**

truth

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It makes me so unbelievably angry how much time was wasted calling it a "hoax" and believing that it would miraculously disappear with warmer weather.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It makes me so unbelievably angry how much time was wasted calling it a "hoax" and believing that it would miraculously disappear with warmer weather.

Facts. Ditto

#2018 4 years ago

No productive point to these daily wh briefs on virus if you don’t change anything. Pence telling people to “avoid” things....no shit Sherlock. How about getting shut down industry to retool ASAP and make med supplies? Use Army corps to build hospital capacity...do some shit that will help. It’s like they have no clue what EXPONENTIAL means. As in, tomorrow is going to be worse, and next week is going to be much worse. Action people! Action!

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No productive point to these daily wh briefs on virus if you don’t change anything.

Hmm, like the daily body count on the news late in the Vietnam war?

#2020 4 years ago

Just when you think it can’t get more embarrassing and irresponsible

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Numbers as of yesterday.[quoted image]

Hi @djshakes, thanks. What’s the source for the prediction table? I’ve been looking for something like that.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No productive point to these daily wh briefs on virus if you don’t change anything. Pence telling people to “avoid” things....no shit Sherlock. How about getting shut down industry to retool ASAP and make med supplies? Use Army corps to build hospital capacity...do some shit that will help. It’s like they have no clue what EXPONENTIAL means. As in, tomorrow is going to be worse, and next week is going to be much worse. Action people! Action!

(edited)

#2023 4 years ago

Luckily, the news doesn’t set policy, the government does. Although, I have read that *annity has direct line to the top and many of these cringe inducing “ideas” generated by him...so maybe media does set policy?

Who knows?

But, seriously, bold big, yuuuuuge, action. Listen to the epidemiology guys.

#2024 4 years ago

From Family working as Doctors in Hospital.

FACT: They were just informed of a Nationwide Home Quarantine, (Of some type)
expected to be announced in next 24 hours.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Luckily, the news doesn’t set policy, the government does. Although, I have read that *annity has direct line to the top and many of these cringe inducing “ideas” generated by him...so maybe media does set policy?
Who knows?
But, seriously, bold big, yuuuuuge, action. Listen to the epidemiology guys.

SNAFU

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Two weeks ago I would’ve said this is insanity, now I’m hoping it happens.

#2027 4 years ago

Looking at the numbers of cases by country and really feeling for the 3rd world who struggle just to survive day by day. Expecting their cases to climb quickly in the next week.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just pointing out that White House’s National Security Council has been trying to debunk this rumor this week. Not sure if something has changed, but as of earlier this week it was not true and was actively being pushed back against.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claims-of-nationwide-lockdown-for-covid-19/

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Just pointing out that White House’s National Security Council has been trying to debunk this rumor this week. Not sure if something has changed, but as of earlier this week it was not true and was actively being pushed back against.

And they never talk out of both sides of their mouth either!

#2031 4 years ago

"But of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 38 percent were notably younger — between 20 and 54. And nearly half of the 121 patients who were admitted to intensive care units were adults under 65, the C.D.C. reported."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/health/coronavirus-young-people.html

#2032 4 years ago

Media should spend more time on the treatments in the near term pipeline. Lots of stuff being fast tracked that show promise. None of the models I have seen contemplate any effective treatments. Understandably, because there are none in widespread use, but it looks like some are coming and will be here long before the vaccine is RTG.

#2034 4 years ago

Unfortunately it will take time and repeat studies to show whether these off the shelf promising treatments actually pan out. Many won’t. It’s just the nature of the beast. Best case, confidence in a real off the shelf treatment is months away.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Two weeks ago I would’ve said this is insanity, now I’m hoping it happens.

Amen. I imagine if you don't live in or near a big city, there's a possibility you may still feel somewhat removed from what's going on, even if your neighbor is parking the buick out front and 10 pallets of toilet paper are in the garage. We need to realize we are all in this together and all need to make sacrifices. This really is like WW2 in that respect.

#2036 4 years ago
goodnews1 (resized).JPGgoodnews1 (resized).JPGgoodnews2 (resized).JPGgoodnews2 (resized).JPGgoodnews3 (resized).JPGgoodnews3 (resized).JPG
#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Media should spend more time on the treatments in the near term pipeline. Lots of stuff being fast tracked that show promise. None of the models I have seen contemplate any effective treatments. Understandably, because there are none in widespread use, but it looks like some are coming and will be here long before the vaccine is RTG.

They should be reporting on it, if indeed there's anything to report. I really do think, however, the WORST thing right now is any optimism beyond the usual "we will defeat this together!" rhetoric. False optimism about treatments would really send the wrong message, just like promising this will end "sooner rather than later." We need to gird for a long fight here.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Amen. I imagine if you don't live in or near a big city, there's a possibility you may still feel somewhat removed from what's going on, even if your neighbor is parking the buick out front and 10 pallets of toilet paper are in the garage. We need to realize we are all in this together and all need to make sacrifices. This really is like WW2 in that respect.

Exactly, we have an office in Florida, we are in the golf course industry, and I told the guy running it down there to prepare for some disruptions in business and he laughed at me, incredible how many people think this will have no effect on them.

#2039 4 years ago

Unbelieavable how some people still dont get it. Just been at the local grocery store, where a woman probably in her 40's stood behind me in cashier line, coughing almost constantly with no shielding, not using her sleeve or nothing.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Unbelieavable how some people still dont get it. Just been at the local grocery store, where a woman probably in her 40's stood behind me in cashier line, coughing almost constantly with no shielding, not using her sleeve or nothing.

I live in NYC, I guess basically ground zero now?

Across the street is a nice park. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. And there 10 young guys playing a half court basketball game in the park for an hour, I can only assume before rolling around the grass with each other with their shirts off.

If they aren't getting the message how is anybody under 30 gonna be getting the message in the suburbs?

#2041 4 years ago

200 Hospital staff out of 1200 quarantined at Baystate Hospital in Massachusetts. This shit is bad.

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

200 Hospital staff out of 1200 quarantined at Baystate Hospital in Massachusetts. This shit is bad.

Yes. Very close to me. I’ve been home since Thursday and now will stay home indefinitely.

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only good news: Seems like a serious drop off
In people proudly posting the US virus stats as if they are supposed to be good news.

There is really not much point now. Pretty much everybody now understands this is something not to be trifled with. Couple of weeks ago, half the people around here were thinking it was a hoax. But the numbers don't lie, except that they might too low.

#2044 4 years ago

I'm seeing "good news" from China being posted like it represents a light at the end of our tunnel but what many are failing to realize is that countries like China and South Korea are disciplined enough to understand the severity of the situation and took action to contain the virus, and are still continuing to do so. Especially South Korea. Their citizens took immediate, military-like action to contain it as best they can.

Meanwhile, were over here crowding beaches and witnessing half-ass 'state of emergencies' being carried out in some cities that still value $$$$ over life. We can't get out shit together because we are a nation so divided, we can't even recognize the sound of death knocking at the door because our political noise and distractions are far too loud.

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too soon

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I'm seeing "good news" from China being posted like it represents a light at the end of our tunnel but what many are failing to realize is that countries like China and South Korea are disciplined enough to understand the severity of the situation and took action to contain the virus, and are still continuing to do so. Especially South Korea. Their citizens took immediate, military-like action to contain it as best they can.
Meanwhile, were over here crowding beaches and witnessing half-ass 'state of emergencies' being carried out in some cities that still value $$$$ over life. We can't get out shit together because we are a nation so divided, we can't even recognize the sound of death knocking at the door because our political noise and distractions are far too loud.

Also, China rapidly built a shit ton of hospitals and quarantine camps. Korea has one of the highest beds per 1000 citizens ratio in the developed world. We farted around for a couple weeks and have now shit the bed.

#2048 4 years ago

oh right.

For some reason this still doesn't seem as bad as 9/11 as far as the paranoia and sheer terror but I know when this is over it will prove to be far deadlier to the public and the economy.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Till this is over America will be number one. Number one in deaths from this pandemic. I work with people that still dont think this is or is going to be a problem.

Drove by a popular diner in my area yesterday and it was packed. Its typically frequented by older people 60+ and they were piled in there like it's any other day. Nothing going on without a care in the world.

I cant say I'd feel sorry for any of these ignorant dolts if they get sick. Unfortunately theyll infect plenty of us who've been sounding the alarms for weeks. The die is cast and we can only brace for impact at this point.

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Across the street is a nice park. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. And there 10 young guys playing a half court basketball game in the park for an hour, I can only assume before rolling around the grass with each other with their shirts off.
If they aren't getting the message how is anybody under 30 gonna be getting the message in the suburbs?

It is the same in Finland
Young people are spending their holidays at skiing resorts - sneezing and coughing, while at the same time telling the bartender "Hit me with another Corona" and laughing. Makes me feel sick even without catching the corona virus yet.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.