(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 47.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What happens if I stand with one foot in each country at the border?
Do I explode?

You will be double taxed

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Saw this yesterday, forecasting failures and unfitness

Of the 30 officials involved 3/4 have quit or been fired and apparently didn’t pass along any info they may or may not have absorbed. So sad.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Of the 30 officials involved 3/4 have quit or been fired and apparently didn’t pass along any info they may or may not have absorbed. So sad.

Last line of the article really provides insight to how inept/jaded they were/are.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please watch this short one...Videos dont Lie.....Amazing at the end in terms of WTF!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flashback-trump-fires-his-pandemic-team_n_5e7104cbe4b0987b13b0f5e5

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
(Someone's tweet from 11-8-13)

#1805 4 years ago

"I don't take responsibility at all..."

(Someone on 3/13/2020)

#1806 4 years ago

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

(Jan. 22nd.)

#1807 4 years ago

I posted this in the other thread too, so forgive me if you already saw it. There is a shit ton of bad news on this and it is really bad. Do not take the following as an argument against Social Distancing and taking this pandemic as seriously as you can. Social Distancing is the correct short term solution right now. However, there are some snippets of better news regarding treatment out there.

2 antiviral medications show promise. Kind of like Tamilflu (which does not work against Corona). A Fujifilm subsidiary has a flu drug (Favipirvir) which has been in use for 6 years already and has already had some clinical trial success against Corona - it isn't curative, but significantly reduces severity, if given early. https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/japanese-flu-drug-appears-effective-in-coronavirus-treatment-in-chinese-clinical-trials/

Regeneron is working on an antibody treatment and will likely have 100's of thousands of doses ready by late summer. It does not confer lasting immunity like vaccines, but monthly injections may be be able to keep healthcare workers protected as soon as this Fall or late Summer. In larger doses, it can help the already infected. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/regeneron-aims-to-have-coronavirus-drug-ready-for-testing-early-summer.html

For the sickest patients, Roche and Regeneron have 2 or 3 Rheumatoid Arthritis drugs that show promise in decreasing severity of the illness and possibly reducing the need for supplemental O2 and ICU admissions. Approved already for RA, but have fast tracked clinical trials for Covid19 use right now. https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/regeneron-sanofi-kevzara-coronavirus-trial/574208/

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

"I don't take responsibility at all..."
(Someone on 3/13/2020)

That was me ***removed***.

I still don’t take responsibility though.

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think I'm finally moving past the anger stage and into acceptance. As long as I avoid watching him talk.
We really need to take care of fighting the virus and taking care of workers, and we can deal with holding a*holes accountable later.

Our "holding a*holes accountable" record is not superb. But I agree with your sentiment.

#1810 4 years ago

A positive story for all of the negativity in the thread. This small business owner is to be commended for donating 14,000 masks.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/coronavirus/ac-cn-pasadena-boat-works-n95-masks-20200318-20200318-wkkc4gjyv5ccxktb7ow37lrqsi-story.html

#1811 4 years ago

They’re now saying that the Government will be sending 2 $1000 checks to every American adult, pending congressional approval.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’re now saying that the Government will be sending 2 $1000 checks to every American adult, pending congressional approval.

They need more. They gutted the sick leave coverage among other things. Go hard or go home

#1813 4 years ago

One of the guys at my work rolled in sick today. "It's just a cold" was what I was told. I'm pissed.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They need more. They gutted the sick leave coverage among other things. Go hard or go home

There’s other aid coming as well, the article is in the WaPo
https://apple.news/AIBPkOHfqR0WktNoN4VqYPw

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Regeneron is working on an antibody treatment and will likely have 100's of thousands of doses ready by late summer.

I've seen a lot elsewhere lately about Regeneron, it sounds like they've really been on the ball for this crisis.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I only rely on the Pinside media for the beautiful, amazing, bestest most wonderful news!

Call me crazy, but what I love about Pinside during this crisis is the international perspective. I appreciate hearing whats going on around the world from other Pinsiders in their countries. Even seeing the perspective between our states here in America is interesting.

#1817 4 years ago

Virus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Brix said today millennials should be doing more to help control spread of the virus, because they know how to

"Look around corners and skip levels (in video games)"

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This small business owner is to be commended for donating 14,000 masks.

There's some dude in Tennessee with 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer he could donate.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There's some dude in Tennessee with 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer he could donate.

They already confiscated them and that asshat will be facing some sort justice.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Virus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Brix said today millennials should be doing more to help control spread of the virus, because they know how to
"Look around corners and skip levels (in video games)"

She has not inspired me with confidence. Seems like a bit of a suck up. Some shit she said yesterday got called out by Doctor, said she was flat out lying.

I wish they’d stick Fauci out there more instead. He sticks to the science and leaves out the kiss ass

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:that asshat will be facing some sort justice.
3t3l6c (resized).jpg3t3l6c (resized).jpg
#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

If you think gouging people for hand sanitizer in a time of need is bad, let me tell you about something called insulin...

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

...let me tell you about something called insulin...

Good to know people in Canada.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

A positive story for all of the negativity in the thread. This small business owner is to be commended for donating 14,000 masks.
https://www.capitalgazette.com/coronavirus/ac-cn-pasadena-boat-works-n95-masks-20200318-20200318-wkkc4gjyv5ccxktb7ow37lrqsi-story.html

This guy is awesome.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good to know people in Canada.

Canada? Isn't that the place all of the drug companies want me to think it is a Third World country? "don't buy your drugs from Canada. Their safety cannot be assured."

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Canada? Isn't that the place all of the drug companies want me to think it is a Third World country? "don't buy your drugs from Canada. Their safety cannot be assured."

On 60 Minutes a couple of weeks ago, they did a segment on the cost of prescription meds in the US. There is an insurance company that will give US customers with certain prescriptions a free vacay in Mexico if they will get their prescriptions while they are there. Crazy...

#1827 4 years ago

We need you Superman more than ever.

#1828 4 years ago

Remember that clip about exponential growth? Confirmed cases outside China nearly tripled in 6 days.

exponential (resized).PNGexponential (resized).PNG

#1830 4 years ago

475 died in Italy yesterday. Almost 3,000 total there now.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GF is being amazing, really. Totally keeping it together, helping out, not giving me guff and putting up with my shit. Mostly just worried about mom in Jersey.

Good to hear. !!

#1832 4 years ago

It's coming. There's just no way we're not gonna be doing some version of what they are doing in Italy. We just get a little longer to prepare/pretend.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Remember that clip about exponential growth? Confirmed cases outside China nearly tripled in 6 days.
[quoted image]

It will take sometime for the results of the border closings, people staying home, etc. before the curves outside of China showing the new cases of the Chinese covid-19 virus to start flattening.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

One of the guys at my work rolled in sick today. "It's just a cold" was what I was told. I'm pissed.

????

Goddammit.

Come on people!

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

She has not inspired me with confidence. Seems like a bit of a suck up. Some shit she said yesterday got called out by Doctor, said she was flat out lying.
I wish they’d stick Fauci out there more instead. He sticks to the science and leaves out the kiss ass

If you are on stage with him, you are a suck up/yes person. The only person there I trust is Fauci, an even HE is forced to walk a delicate tightrope with how he says things and responds to questions, lest he upset anybody. And he has to - if he gets himself fired we are in a horrifying situation. He'd probably get replaced by someone from Fox News.

At least he's not jerking off himself, his boss, and the entire response. Nobody needs to hear about how tremendous and amazing an people are saying just fantastic best response ever while we are dealing with this shit and it gets worse every day.

I just do not understand how this all happened to us.

#1836 4 years ago

Surprisingly, not a lot of religious talk going on, anywhere.

#1837 4 years ago

A McDonald's combo meal cost more than a barrel of Alberta oil right now. That's fucked!!

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Don't forget sneezing public

#1840 4 years ago

Lots of people realizing its not as easy to buy a gun as many thought as dung hits the spinning cooling device.

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It will take sometime for the results of the border closings, people staying home, etc. before the curves outside of China showing the new cases of the Chinese covid-19 virus to start flattening.

Testing isn't up to demand yet and maybe not for a while. That graph is probably much worse in reality.

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5057225002

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Surprisingly, not a lot of religious talk going on, anywhere.

I thought Ice was sounding kinda religious?

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's coming. There's just no way we're not gonna be doing some version of what they are doing in Italy. We just get a little longer to prepare/pretend.

I can't confirm as I have not looked into it, but parts of California may have enacted it.?

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The stock market isn't a religion, more of a cult.

#1846 4 years ago

Down 2000 points more yikes...

#1847 4 years ago

"I'm told I broke a record yesterday."

He's breaking records every day! Fantastic. Tremendous, frankly, people are saying.

#1848 4 years ago

And we are tremendously f-ed, greatly really

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Maybeso. I'm guessing he has a telephone stuck in each ear and 3 more, on hold waiting, while they are sticking out his ass.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just do not understand how this all happened to us.

Smartphones got cheap enough that anyone could afford one and Facebook/Twitter.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.