(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 47.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Got rid of that game years ago. And WTF is this shit? Looks like we need a new QB.[quoted image]

You’ll always have Fouts in my mind

#1752 4 years ago

Happy with Rivers. But goddamit Brady takin us to a Super Bowl win might be nice too.

#1753 4 years ago

I'm thinking of Iceman right now.

What if Mexico cruises thru this shit with less deaths than the USA without closing anything down or spending a dime?

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What if Mexico cruises thru this shit with less deaths than the USA without closing anything down or spending a dime?

More importantly, who is going to be the chargers QB next year? Bridgewater?

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy with Rivers. But goddamit Brady takin us to a Super Bowl win might be nice too.

Better than Brisket?

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

More importantly a month ago I told a friend to put $20 on the Dolphins at 100-1. He forgot. So I stuffed $20 in his pocket and told him next trip. Then they canceled the shit. But, the two QBs were signed today that could have reduced the odds. So I'm looking at 120- 150-1 when shit opens back up. He might be better at this than I am.

#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mexico

Total cases = 82

New cases today = +29

Deaths. = 0

That's a fairly good record.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mexico
Total cases = 82
New cases today = +29
Deaths. = 0

I don’t know if I should post my first thoughts concerning your post! LOL

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I don’t know if I should post my first thoughts concerning your post! LOL

So, you are now the picture of restraint If the mods won't get you, let'er rip

#1760 4 years ago

Oh yeah, the Kansas governor has closed all K-12 schools for the rest of the school year.

Parents are POed: " People wanted to know: Who’s going to stay home with my kids?

"Some people called the decision “madness” and “overkill.” One Kansas mother said her child was in tears:

“This is absurd. How do you expect the economy to recover? Public system and family life style is not capable of handling this ridiculous strategy. You will kill the economy and kids will be home alone while parents work. ...”

“Our Kansas schools just cancelled for the rest of the year. My 12 year old who loves school in tears.”

She also has frozen mortgage foreclosures and rent evictions. . I don't know how that works for landlords.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article241290866.html?intcid=connatix

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mexico
Total cases = 82
New cases today = +29
Deaths. = 0

They are like the other countries that seem so far barely affected.

USA is going the North and South Korea route. Keep everybody at home.

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mexico
Total cases = 82
New cases today = +29
Deaths. = 0

This will change, for sure

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This will change, for sure

Hopefully not before I get my Christmas tamales.

#1764 4 years ago

I love Christmas tamales, great Mexican food here, I feel for those who haven’t experienced

#1765 4 years ago

I always did like this guy. Now, I know for sure why.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mark-cuban-in-a-landslide-billionaire-shares-vision-for-saving-corporate-america-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-17?mod=home-page

Mark Cuban

" Cuban said he believes that any industry hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic — and there are MANY — should be required to share any federal incentives with all employees. And second, he said no stock options should be repriced at lower levels unless every worker owns stock.

“Everyone must be treated equally,” he wrote.
--------------------------------------------------

ETUDnD6WsAAx-uN (resized).jpegETUDnD6WsAAx-uN (resized).jpeg

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a thought not mentioned...we are going to have a baby boom in 9-10 months!

Or a divorce boom....

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bridgewater is going to be a Buc or Patriot I think.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are all pretty crabby and anxiety-ridden. It sucks.
I probably took my last bike ride around town. It’s getting weird out there. Times Square was very unsettling. Lots of hustlers walking around. Bizarre clusters of tourists. It seemed like 1989 all over again.
On the avenues people are starting to get stupid. Driving really dumb. Just unsettling.
We rode bikes down 7th ave to my office to pick some stuff up and came back. I’m feeling a lot better just sitting at home.
We may go out tomorrow for short walks but I don’t think we are venturing out too far anymore.

How is your wife taking it? Is she keeping a level head about it or starting to be panicky? I'm personally getting concerned as it is ramping up...

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I probably took my last bike ride around town.

Despite the curfew, I am still allowed to have some physical exercise outside home, provided I am alone and staying away from others.
So... I take the bike and it's really cool. The two days before the lockdown were terrible - people frantic and driving like lunatics.
Now the streets are empty and it's super enjoyable. And with zero risk. And almost no cars around...
I hope you will be allowed to do the same.

Anyway, I will probably end up soon in a Hospital to help. I'm a biochemist, I am used to sterile environments and I can run some PCR. I am not an M.D. but the Hospitals nearby are expecting to be totally overwhelmed in my area in a week so they will welcome all the help they can get.

#1771 4 years ago

My county is only getting test kits today...everyone here at work is convinced it isn't here yet. Well, it is hard to to know that when you haven't been able to test anyone. One local hospital is treating several people, but they cannot confirm what they have yet.

#1772 4 years ago

Last week drive up testing was initiated. Around noon yesterday, drive up testing was shutdown. Low on tests and out of reagents.

Fun while it lasted. Now we wait for more kits and chemicals.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

My county is only getting test kits today...everyone here at work is convinced it isn't here yet. Well, it is hard to to know that when you haven't been able to test anyone. One local hospital is treating several people, but they cannot confirm what they have yet.

Get ready JodyG. Yeah, Poppy’s got problems

B5BB0968-416D-44A7-8286-A972BC411B00 (resized).jpegB5BB0968-416D-44A7-8286-A972BC411B00 (resized).jpeg
#1774 4 years ago

Good to see Florida is heeding the warnings

45C543F6-C126-4D02-AB37-5F8C9205503A (resized).png45C543F6-C126-4D02-AB37-5F8C9205503A (resized).png
#1775 4 years ago

Update from an associate of mine in France yesterday:

We also are a bit isolated in France - our region (Dordogne) has had only seven cases of the virus reported so far, and that was six days ago with no increases - yet.

We are now officially under ‘lockdown’ and even have to carry a document with us on every venture out of the house to declare we are on some approved business, like grocery shopping or going to a medical appointment. You even have to have this to walk the dog, although we do not have a canine. (Our cat ventures out on his own.)

I did go to a supermarket here this morning and saw that the gendarmes were arrayed at the doors, keeping people in a line to get in, a few meters apart each, and only letting one shopper in when a shopper came out.

#1776 4 years ago

I ventured out to a few stores yesterday, gloved up. Walmart was a ghost town with more staff then shoppers. Luckily around me there's no lines to get in or long lines in the stores. However it's like people are still clueless to what's happening. The three or four lines at the cashiers nobody was giving 6 feet. Right up on the next. I had one girl in front of me and I stayed about 8 feet back then this dipshit comes up behind me and asks if I'm in line. I said yes and asked him to backup. He refused and mumbled some shit about this being a joke. I turned around and faked coughed. Well that worked. He fukd off to another line.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Good to see Florida is heeding the warnings

Most of those aren’t actually Floridians.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Agreed. Local governments need to shut it down

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Which makes matters even worse.

#1780 4 years ago

Canada US border is now closed

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Finally stemming the tide of Canucks rushing to US to not get tested for virus.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What happens if I stand with one foot in each country at the border?
Do I explode?

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And spring breakers headed down to Florida.

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Do I explode?

Half of you gets the virus?

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Do I explode?

You would be in AH-merica

#1786 4 years ago

When I bartended down in Florida in the 90s we’d call Canadians canoes, because they didn’t tip.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Half of you gets the virus?

And half of your treatments would be free

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

canoes, because they didn’t tip.

Rimshot!

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

When I bartended down in Florida in the 90s we’d call Canadians canoes, because they didn’t tip.

This does not line up with my experience, with canoes OR Canadians! Especially canoes....

#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

How is your wife taking it? Is she keeping a level head about it or starting to be panicky? I'm personally getting concerned as it is ramping up...

GF is being amazing, really. Totally keeping it together, helping out, not giving me guff and putting up with my shit. Mostly just worried about mom in Jersey.

#1792 4 years ago

I shut my locksmith shop down in south Phila and don’t know when I’ll reopen. After 41 years there I thought I would work till I couldn’t do it physically anymore. Bad thing is the news just reported they will ease up on arrests and listed the various crimes including burglary where you will be processed and immediately released. Real smart. Won’t miss the city but will miss what I do and who I am.

#1794 4 years ago

Please watch this short one...Videos dont Lie.....Amazing at the end in terms of WTF!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flashback-trump-fires-his-pandemic-team_n_5e7104cbe4b0987b13b0f5e5

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please watch this short one...Videos dont Lie.....Amazing at the end in terms of WTF!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flashback-trump-fires-his-pandemic-team_n_5e7104cbe4b0987b13b0f5e5

I think I'm finally moving past the anger stage and into acceptance. As long as I avoid watching him talk.

We really need to take care of fighting the virus and taking care of workers, and we can deal with holding a*holes accountable later.

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

That Canadian border wall is long overdue.

#1797 4 years ago
#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As long as I avoid watching him talk.

+1, someone please summarize for us.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

+1, someone please summarize for us.

I'm relying on the evil media for that. They are doing a good job, despite their evilness.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm relying on the evil media for that.

I only rely on the Pinside media for the beautiful, amazing, bestest most wonderful news!

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/36?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.