(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Yet here you are on this thread that has nothing to do with pinball and you're downvoting pretty much anything that resembles common sense.
Good luck on your crusade.

Honch, now he is going to be chasing you around pinside and down voting everything you say, just like me and Crazy Levi. He has seriously messed with my upvote/downvote ratio

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Honch, now he is going to be chasing you around pinside and down voting everything you say, just like me and Crazy Levi. He has seriously messed with my upvote/downvote ratio

Look guys, I don't want to pick a fight and I'm not trying to single anyone out. I'm here for pinball just like you guys. I just happen to not agree with most of the things you are saying on here that aren't pinball related. I'm sure you don't agree with most of the things I say as well. Left vs. Right, Religious vs. Athiest, Yankees vs. Braves, we are all entitled to our opinions (except the Yankees suck... they're just wrong).

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right, your risk of death when you need a ventilator bed and there are no beds may be as high as 100%.
That’s why that idea Cuomo had about Army Corps needs to start ASAP

When Chernobyl happened, the Soviet politicians handed it over to the military and got out of the way. What outfit other outfit is better prepared to get in front of things when times are hostile?

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is there a political police thread on pinside?

The Price Police is always here!

4D88AB58-76E0-4C3C-BEE3-00A696DF0446 (resized).jpeg4D88AB58-76E0-4C3C-BEE3-00A696DF0446 (resized).jpeg
#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When Chernobyl happened, the Soviet politicians handed it over to the military and got out of the way. What outfit other outfit is better prepared to get in front of things when times are hostile?

National gaurd has been working for weeks to step in when called.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Take all the current cases divided by their population.
Numbers don’t lie people (media) do.

Media are heroes.

People like you repeating this misleading, disgusting "happy talk" minsinformation are villiains. Thank god the media have been doing their jobs to combat this kind of garbage.

Over-reaction is the only proper reaction to something like this. I think most people are finally starting to figure that out.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Look guys, I don't want to pick a fight and I'm not trying to single anyone out. I'm here for pinball just like you guys. I just happen to not agree with most of the things you are saying on here that aren't pinball related. I'm sure you don't agree with most of the things I say as well. Left vs. Right, Religious vs. Athiest, Yankees vs. Braves, we are all entitled to our opinions (except the Yankees suck... they're just wrong).

Fine to have different opinions.
Sometimes its alternate facts.
Either way is we are pin brothers, how about sharing your opinion, without downvoting every post, of others opinions?
Especially related to alt facts used for political positioning...ie, this is a hoax. Not saying you believe this but 40% of loyalists did so just 1 week ago.
Or i thought masks were most important early on....we learn by sharing.

#1608 4 years ago

This upvote/downvote nonsense...

several years ago I turned off downvoting.

I don't see any downvotes. I can't leave any downvotes. Only upvotes.

I have zero idea why they even have a "downvote" option here. It's stupid and always causes fights. I haven't seen or left a downvote in years and my forum experience is exponentially better because of it.

I suggest you all do the same. It's an easy adjustment in your profile settings.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Fine to have different opinions.
Sometimes its alternate facts.
Either way is we are pin brothers, how about sharing your opinion, without downvoting every post, of others opinions?
Especially related to alt facts used for political positioning...ie, this is a hoax. Not saying you believe this but 40% of loyalists did so just 1 week ago.
Or i thought masks were most important early on....we learn by sharing.

Wisdom speaks!

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have zero idea why they even have a "downvote" option here. It's stupid and always causes fights. I haven't seen or left a downvote in years and my forum experience is exponentially better because of it.
I suggest you all do the same. It's an easy adjustment in your profile settings.

Incoming downvote!

#1611 4 years ago

I only downvote people who downvoted me

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Incoming downvote!

It’s not like he will notice.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It keeps us from getting our Feeling hurt!

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s not like he will notice.

Haha, I’m with Levi on the downvoting, now getting moderated I wear that shit like a badge of honor!

#1615 4 years ago

Thanks for the upvotes gang!!!

As usual I have a perfect upvote to downvote shutout going on!

I'm awesome.

#1616 4 years ago

Downvoted

#1617 4 years ago

I like the pinsiders who are all thumbs. Never posts a thing!

#1618 4 years ago

Gaslighting
Definition:

“I've always known this is real. This is a pandemic,” “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

#1619 4 years ago

I’m just going to leave this here.
Not sure if this is real or not, but it sure is amusing.
Link may not be safe for work, but that seems to be less of a problem at the moment.

EDIT: from an Italian satire site, but funny as hell none the less.

https://www.queerty.com/mayor-bans-orgies-threesomes-gang-bangs-coronavirus-20200313

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’m just going to leave this here.
Not sure if this is real or not, but it sure is amusing.
Link may not be safe for work, but that seems to be less of a problem at the moment.
https://www.queerty.com/mayor-bans-orgies-threesomes-gang-bangs-coronavirus-20200313

As a result of this, gloryholes have skyrocketed in popularity

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

As a result of this, gloryholes have skyrocketed in popularity

I hear as long as you don’t get a cannibal on the other side it’s fairly safe.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agree.

It's totally childish and outdated playground stuff.

#1623 4 years ago

Speaking of childish... let me tell you about the clown show that was my day. I am a federal contractor working in government spaces. Today, someone called in and said they couldn't come in because they had tested positive for COVID. Now, as you can imagine, the government takes this very seriously. I called my family and told them not to let Grandpa over, and told my parents who were coming over so we could help them through this to cancel their trip. Medical folks were summoned, the immune compromised folks were sent home, people were having family members at home go out to hoard supplies to prepare for a 14 day in home quarantine. Government medical folks contacted her to get info on her test and figure out which of the staff here she had been in contact with. Turns out she had only gone to the urgent care and her husband was already back at work. She hadn't really gotten tested (although she will be now). I really hate that woman.

#1624 4 years ago

Speaking of childish... let me tell you about the clown show that was my day. I am a federal contractor working in government spaces. Today, someone called in and said they couldn't come in because they had tested positive for COVID. Now, as you can imagine, the government takes this very seriously. I called my family and told them not to let Grandpa over, and told my parents who were coming over so we could help them through this to cancel their trip. Medical folks were summoned, the immune compromised folks were sent home, people were having family members at home go out to hoard supplies to prepare for a 14 day in home quarantine. Government medical folks contacted her to get info on her test and figure out which of the staff here she had been in contact with. Turns out she had only gone to the urgent care and her husband was already back at work. She hadn't really gotten tested (although she will be now). I really hate that woman.

What am I reading here?
Am I understanding this correctly that she lied about testing positive so she didn’t have to go to work?

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What am I reading here?
Am I understanding this correctly that she lied about testing positive so she didn’t have to go to work?

It is poorly written, but yes.

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Over-reaction is the only proper reaction to something like this. I think most people are finally starting to figure that out.

if they are not, then they only need to talk with someone in NYC, Seattle, or even Italy... to understand the gravity of the situation on a larger scale.

#1627 4 years ago

Day 3 of quarantine
I haven’t showered in weeks.

#1628 4 years ago

Oh boy.

#1629 4 years ago

You should downvote her.

#1630 4 years ago

She hadn't really gotten tested (although she will be now).

They should examine her fucking head while they're at it. Typical Karen.

#1631 4 years ago

Turns out she had only gone to the urgent care and her husband was already back at work. She hadn't really gotten tested

Guess that is one way to guarantee testing availability?

#1632 4 years ago

Did she have plans to travel the world while off from work

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Day 3 of quarantine
I haven’t showered in weeks.

Showering is overrated.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

You should downvote her.

I would, but that would ruin my 92.7% upvote ratio (although that is rapidly falling).

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren’t you gen-x ?
Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers, although some sources use birth years beginning as early as 1960 and ending somewhere from 1977 to 1984

He is definitely a Boomer. 1944-1964. Gen X is 1965-1979. Remember the 60’s hippie kids invented self centered behavior in our culture.

#1636 4 years ago

double post

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren’t you gen-x ?
Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers, although some sources use birth years beginning as early as 1960 and ending somewhere from 1977 to 1984

Quoted from Extraballz:

He is definitely a Boomer. 1944-1964. Gen X is 1965-1979. Remember the 60’s hippie kids invented self centered behavior in our culture.

Maybe he doesn't identify as a gen-X?

#1638 4 years ago

Self proclaimed stable genius. Stupidest person in any room.

380A05DC-058E-4727-9EB5-BA4907616136 (resized).jpeg380A05DC-058E-4727-9EB5-BA4907616136 (resized).jpeg
#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Maybe he doesn't identify as a gen-X?

I am 48 and born in 1971. I thought through other discussions with Odin he was close to 10 years older than me. That puts him in the Boomer category. The young adults of the 60’s actually had a movement based on being more self centered. The ME generation......so not sure what he is talking about with Gen X and hatred for the 80’s.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Brother, I fell you. I’m so friggin stressed out right now.
I told my wife yesterday what was going on after the kids were in bed.
She got really upset and started yelling at me. I pretty much sat there and took it as I knew the anger was misdirected and she was just basically venting.
At the end she was really apologetic and realized what she did and felt really bad.
My head is all over the place.
Going to be a roller coaster ride.

Glad im not the only one. Ive been trying to get my wife to take this seriously for the last month. 2 days ago I blew my stack for which I felt horrible. She understands now the seriousness of the situation as well as my reaction.
My anxiety is over the top at times. Fortunately working on pinballs is therapeautic.

#1641 4 years ago

Starting to get stupid here. Neighbor bcc barricaded driveway with ecology blocks and logs across his lawn to keep people out

#1642 4 years ago

I made a visit to my broker's office. As I was sitting in a seat waiting to see someone, some dude at the counter starts talking about there being a cure for this virus. Said the cure has been known for 20 years.

ME: So you are saying there has been a cure for 20 years? And you know all about it? What makes you so knowledgable?

HE: I'm a nutritionist. The rest of his conversation was blather and I tuned him out. He looked normal but I consider him an idiot for going around and spreading trash like that.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I made a visit to my broker's office. As I was sitting in a seat waiting to see someone, some dude at the counter starts talking about there being a cure for this virus. Said the cure has been known for 20 years.
ME: So you are saying there has been a cure for 20 years? And you know all about it? What makes you so knowledgable?
HE: I'm a nutritionist. The rest of his conversation was blather and I tuned him out. He looked normal but I consider him an idiot for going around and spreading trash like that.

He is right though. This is a cure for it.
Time.

#1644 4 years ago

The game show host said today...

EA646B3E-D8BC-4ED0-878B-7CF0F11F09B8 (resized).jpegEA646B3E-D8BC-4ED0-878B-7CF0F11F09B8 (resized).jpeg
#1645 4 years ago

UF is now making students leave the dorms. They have to take all their shi* too. I guess they are figuring this is going to last more than a few weeks.

#1646 4 years ago

Ugly numbers.

China has zero new cases.

USA looks like it could surpass France. US recovery rate not very good compared to France. Actually, the US death rate to recovery rate is abysmal.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 6.15.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-17 at 6.15.36 PM (resized).png

#1647 4 years ago

In case there is anyone left in denial, this from one of my suppliers in Germany this morning (clothing industry).....

"We would be ready to arrange an AIR shipment even with lower quantity but for the time being we have to admit that the situation locally is so serious that we are far beyond any normal business.
Germany and or closest European neighbours are facing the most dramatic situation in economic, public and private life since second World War.
Even companies like VW, SIEMENS, LUFTHANSA etc. close their production plants, offices etc. completely.
XXXXX will close all productions plants – xxxxxx, Romania and India – from coming Monday. All employees of administration in xxxxxxx will be forced to work under short-time conditions, which means maximum 60% of the individual working time is used.
Employees in production will be at home completely, in logistic only the minimum of 5 people where normally about 40 colleagues are working.

Therefore please understand that we cannot give any forecast if / how / when a dispatch can / will be done. We try our utmost to serve all our markets equally but have strict instructions and schedules what has to be handled / settled when.

Sorry for not being able to give a more concrete reply, things are changing not daily but by the hour."

Another XXXXXX colleague has advised the following…

"This Corona disease is spreading now. The number of infected people is still low in Germany and thanks god, patients recover also soon. Nevertheless, the German government forced all retail stores, beside grocery business to shut down the doors to reduce expanding the disease – also borders within the EU has been closed already. Consequently, there is no consumer industry working and we had to take measurements, accordingly. Beginning of next week, we will close the factories and send people home until mid of April. It´s a hard measurement, but necessary to keep the brand XXXXX running for the future. This week we have finalized all goods of Spring/Summer and after Easter break, we will continue with the production of Winter 2020, means we probably can keep all delivery dates for 2020.
XXXXX has a good foundation, a very strong infrastructure and offers a very flexible service of NOS goods. By passing this crisis, the market environment will look different. Retailers, competitors, suppliers, many stakeholders in this business will suffer a lot – XXXXXX will survive, will come back stronger on the long term and we will follow up business together with you as soon as possible to come back to normal operation mode.

Until then we thank you for your understanding and patience about those measurements, we have to take right now.

All the best to you, your families and you colleagues!

Stay healthy, take care!"

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

USA looks like it could surpass France. US recovery rate not very good compared to France. Actually, the US death rate to recovery rate is abysmal.

We've tested so few people. I think that and the nursing home outbreak kinda skews it.

One of the 4 confirmed positive UF students thinks he picked it up in Portugal. He went to the clinic with symptoms but they would not initially test for coronavirus as he didn't meet guidelines. I could believe my daughter has already had it. She was sick the entire week of spring break. She never had a cough, but she had the chills, was achy and kept a high fever for days. Lack of a cough probably saved us from getting it then.

#1649 4 years ago

Mother Nature must be loving all these closures.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Forgot about that hospital ship...where’s that thing now?
King County WA bought a motel for quarantine space...US gov should buy up a few cruise ships.

Looks like they they are finally getting ready to use it...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-military-prepares-hospital-ships-for-deployment-11584471429

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/33?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.