(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

this virus can't tolerate heat or humidity. summer is on the way.

Why does this gem keep popping up? You realize that Australia has lots of cases right now. It's (late) summer there.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile there are only 53 confirmed cases in Mexico. So far.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/sports/soccer/soccer-mexico-coronavirus.html

How does their testing setup look?

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will be an interesting turn in events if Mexico decides to close their boarder with us.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Buy stock in ventilators, the feds just told all the State govs to try and get them on your own...so it’s a vent competition state vs state. Like a horrible reality show.

Just when you think he couldn't be anymore incompetent, he tops himself again.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

How does their testing setup look?

Probably little roadside stands.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Buy stock in ventilators, the feds just told all the State govs to try and get them on your own...so it’s a vent competition state vs state. Like a horrible reality show.

Pretty scary what's going on right now. Maybe Jack Ma will donate some. Even Boris Johnson gets it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51914490

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We are in trouble:[quoted image]

I fear for our future as some of these younger people will run the country someday. I say we bring back hazing. At least when I was growing up we were allowed to tell someone they were stupid if they actually were. Then at least the stupid person might realize what they are and could change course.

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I fear for our future as some of these younger people will run the country someday.

Yep, I'd feel a lot safer if they had as much common sense as prior generations.
fbdfc2209cb55d4a2af065dcb1689be8 (resized).jpgfbdfc2209cb55d4a2af065dcb1689be8 (resized).jpg7ca064ea7f02362b05da2ccbfbe4a1e6 (resized).jpg7ca064ea7f02362b05da2ccbfbe4a1e6 (resized).jpg

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It will be an interesting turn in events if Mexico decides to close their boarder with us.

construir el muro!

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep, I'd feel a lot safer if they had as much common sense as prior generations.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now they just do that stuff trusting a product known to go up in flames built with the cheapest parts the company could source
x1080 (resized).jpgx1080 (resized).jpg

Or they trust their boyfriend not to drop them.

3 (resized).png3 (resized).png
#1411 4 years ago

Just happy the generation that jackass crew is a part of will never be running the show.

#1412 4 years ago

A major federal agency closed to the public starting tomorrow.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'll bite...

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just happy the generation that jackass crew is a part of will never be running the show.

Every generation gets a chance to run the show. That’s the whole point.....

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll bite...

Probably that commission they set up to find "voter fraud."

Either that or the "space force." Either way we are just going to have to find a way to survive without them.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I want to increase our petty cash for our 2 behavior health facilities in case we need to unexpectedly purchase additional supplies. When my staff when to cash the $3k check they stated they cannot do that until Thursday as many people are pulling $ out of the bank so they are low on funds. This is a bit concerning.

In the 30s, after the run on the banks, FDR, Roosevelt set up the FDIC to be was the insurer of last resort for your bank accounts. If banks wanted in the FDIC, they have to pay a monthly insurance premium. Had that not been done, everybody would have just hidden their money in their mattresses because after the bank run nobody trusted the banks. Your bank account (s) were guaranteed for $100,000.00. That was a lot of money in the 30s. Not so much in today's economy.

In 2008, when the economy tanked, some people had a lot more than $100K sitting in their bank accounts and when banks collapsed these people lost any excess over $100,000.00. They were pissed and rightly so. Congress stepped in and raised the insured amount up to $250,000.00.

People pulling money today could have cash parked in their accounts in excess of $250K so maybe they are not wanting to risk any cash in excess of the insured amount. Some people, perhaps, still don't trust the banks or maybe do not even trust the government. I can't say that I blame them.
=======================================

Around 25 years ago, a dentist in a town not too far from me died. When the whoever's started cleaning up his house, they found around $1,000,000.00 dollars in cash stashed. For whatever reason--maybe the dentist watched his parents get wiped out in the bank collapse in the 30s-- this guy did not trust the banks.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll bite...

Not willing to say, but the info is legit and it’s not the space force.

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not willing to say, but the info is legit and it’s not the space force.

Well arent you just the perfect dick tease

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well arent you just the perfect dick tease

Eloquently expressed.
If he ain't gonna tell, then don't mention.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I appreciate the link. I really do. But the internet of old has gone away and is going behind paywalls. Now, you get 2 or 3 looks and the nag screen pops up telling you that you have to subscribe. So, the days of linking an article to support your point are slowly going away. The nytimes has shut me out, as have several others.

I miss the old days when banner ads were the norm and when one could go anywhere and surf anonymously.

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Every generation gets a chance to run the show. That’s the whole point.....

I just hope it skips gen-x. They so far seem like the most selfish, self centered bunch.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tequila Worm fighting it off!

#1423 4 years ago

He doesn't look too worried.

094e7008dcaeea12b8e069f09aaf916a (resized).jpg094e7008dcaeea12b8e069f09aaf916a (resized).jpg
#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I appreciate the link. I really do. But the internet of old has gone away and is going behind paywalls. Now, you get 2 or 3 looks and the nag screen pops up telling you that you have to subscribe. So, the days of linking an article to support your point are slowly going away. The nytimes has shut me out, as have several others.
I miss the old days when banner ads were the norm and when one could go anywhere and surf anonymously.

pretty sure the NYT has everything COVID related out from behind the paywall. Lots of other media outlets are doing the same.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

Eloquently expressed.
If he ain't gonna tell, then don't mention.

If one agency closes to the public tomorrow, the rest will follow in short order. Let me just clarify, you can still call in, but you can't visit a local office. If that info isn't useful to you, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm just glad the feds are starting to take this seriously. The lack of direction we've experienced so far has been scary.

#1426 4 years ago

I was still able to scroll down thru the paywall and read the article. There are other articles about the situation in Mexico where it appears they are taking it very lightly with the virus just starting to spread there.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

not selfishness, just a good dose of skepticism. the 24 hour news cycle are the only people making money right now. That and all the cdc people that just got a gazillion dollars thrown at them to cure something that will be gone in a month.

In Australia when we had the bushfires about a month ago it was reported that Australia was on fire. Actually it was mainly bush land and a few small towns. Lots of land but not cities and tourism areas as reported. The Media made it look like the whole of Australia was burning.
It cost our economy over 4billion that is a lot to our economy. I find it very interesting that what the media says seems gospel to most. Now with this new virus our economy is absolutely doomed. Our dollar will fall below .50USD a few years ago it was 1.10USD. I have no faith in our system i think it is and always was a rigged game. The elite control the game and we fight for the scraps. It is genius and we are a bunch of slaves. I think this is done on purpose to crash the economy as the general masses were living to comfortably. Not saying this virus isnt real or anything like that i actually do not know the facts so wont speculate but i know that in gambling the house always wins and the stock market is gambling. The Media is controlled by the rich.

#1429 4 years ago
A6C0D1BB-1581-430E-BD65-8D84C72EC081 (resized).pngA6C0D1BB-1581-430E-BD65-8D84C72EC081 (resized).png
#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just hope it skips gen-x. They so far seem like the most selfish, self centered bunch.

OK BOOMER!

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If one agency closes to the public tomorrow, the rest will follow in short order. Let me just clarify, you can still call in, but you can't visit a local office. If that info isn't useful to you, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm just glad the feds are starting to take this seriously. The lack of direction we've experienced so far has been scary.

Our banks are closed, just drive up and ATM.

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not sure if anyone has linked to it yet in this thread, but Johns Hopkins has an awesome tracking map for infections, deaths, recoveries, etc.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Be warned, this is being hacked like crazy.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/03/live-coronavirus-map-used-to-spread-malware/

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was still able to scroll down thru the paywall and read the article. There are other articles about the situation in Mexico that it appears they are taking it very lightly with the virus just starting to spread there.

When I was a kid, I never went to the doctor for anything. Not to stereotype, but the Mexicans I know are kinda like that.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I know mine is, but business as usual other than not having public visitors. Telework is king and visitors don't affect the work product/output.

#1436 4 years ago

I'm part of the no-generation. We just monitor everything, and control nothing.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Yes, and banks are well prepared for handling your needs even when they are closed. Think about that...

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably that commission they set up to find "voter fraud."
Either that or the "space force." Either way we are just going to have to find a way to survive without them.

With Pence spending all his time heading up the Corona task force, maybe they could put one of those claymation Thunderbirds characters in charge of the Space Force? Assuming it’s still protecting the heavens as we know them.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

just hope it skips gen-x. They so far seem like the most selfish, self centered bunch.

Aren’t you gen-x ?

Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers, although some sources use birth years beginning as early as 1960 and ending somewhere from 1977 to 1984

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:Yet ot can still stay on copper surfaces for up to 24 hours.. crazy

Interestingly, some surfaces are less hospitable to SARS-CoV-2. For instance, the virus remained viable on copper for only about four hours.

From my post 1376

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Good thing too, the people that still regularly go into banks are precisely the demographic at risk in this outbreak.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I know mine is, but business as usual other than not having public visitors. Telework is king.

If your agency is well prepared for that.

#1443 4 years ago

Good info, but it should not be a problem if you access it directly through Johns Hopkins.

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Why does this gem keep popping up? You realize that Australia has lots of cases right now. It's (late) summer there.

Actually not hot here lately and the other night it was pretty cold. Keep an eye on Darwin thats humid all year round. December to Feb is Summer and March to May is Autumn

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

pretty sure the NYT has everything COVID related out from behind the paywall. Lots of other media outlets are doing the same.

Nope. Maybe if I register it will work?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.50.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.50.19 PM (resized).png

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I was a kid growing up, there used to be these old men that wore a copper ring bracelet because the copper was supposed to chase arthritis away. I imagine those old farts got their information from the same book of fantasies you must be thinking about.

No not a fantasy book .
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/14/811609026/the-new-coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days-heres-how-to-clean-them

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

When I was a kid, I never went to the doctor for anything. Not to stereotype, but the Mexicans I know are kinda like that.

I agree. I told my buddy it would probably be safe to continue eating at all our usual Mexican restaurants with no worry.

However, this virus doesn't seem to discriminate. Perhaps they are just going to let it roll like any other contagious disease, and when it's all said and done, they may make us look like we overreacted. Perhaps.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren’t you gen-x ?
Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers

Blank generation. Too late in the boomer generation to actually be one. Too early to be a gen-x. But I listened to Generation X when Billy Idol was their front man.

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:Nope. Maybe if I register it will work?
[quoted image]

It will.

#1449 4 years ago

Well, in terms of my pinside response to this crisis, I’d give myself a 10. Not to brag, but I’ve been perfect. Moderators may not agree but it’s a 10.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yes, and banks are well prepared for handling your needs even when they are closed. Think about that...

Just a simple 800 number or if you have intronet .

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/29?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.