(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 47.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right wing scare nonsense. Nobody had banned either of those things.

Never said said it actually happened, just pointing out the fact it was signed.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

That combined with a lot of other high up execs bailing over the last month, yeah.

I believe you are reaching here and don’t think there is any conspiracy.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Those appear to be the generic ones, I’ve had to carry around an epi-pen for nearly thirty years now, when cost got up to around $800, I just stopped getting them, they would always expire before I used them, I’m thrilled that there is a generic available now.

They are actually easier to carry around. They are about the size of a credit card and slightly thinner than a deck of cards and they talk like an AED which gives instructions how to administer it.

#1004 4 years ago
84465244-0B73-4AB7-AFD3-0ADA0DFD37E0 (resized).jpeg84465244-0B73-4AB7-AFD3-0ADA0DFD37E0 (resized).jpeg
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I believe you are reaching here and don’t think there is any conspiracy.

No, there is no conspiracy. I think this a telltale sign that the economy is going to be worse than 08.

#1006 4 years ago

Told today from someone in the know that virus may also live on non-disinfected surfaces for up to 29 days, not just 9 days. It’s ability to infect though after x amount of days is up for debate.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Told today from someone in the know that virus may also live on non-disinfected surfaces for up to 29 days, not just 9 days. It’s ability to infect though after x amount of days is up for debate.

I think that’s only the SLE edition of the virus.

The pro only lasts 9 days.

#1008 4 years ago

What with the toilet paper guys??? People are buying them here like crazy lol !!!
Anyway, some tough restrictions were taken here. Schools, universities, restaurants, coffee shops, taverns, gyms, beauty centers, malls are closed since yesterday.
...and in the middle of all that most people's priority is to buy ass paper

#1009 4 years ago

“The world needs country after country stepping up to prevent future viral outbreaks by banning the trade and consumption of wildlife.” Hoang Bich Thuy, country director of WCS Vietnam, said in a statement. “If just one country continues to allow the trade in wildlife, communities across the world will continue to suffer and pay the price.”

#1010 4 years ago

It bugs me when there is a headline in the news like “2500 cases of coronavirus in the US”. That’s just the number of positive test results which seems kind of meaningless when there is so little testing in a country of 350,000,000 people. Why does the media report the number like it’s an accurate total number of cases, then compare it with the totals in other parts of the world? So stupid. I’m guessing millions of people believe it too.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

What with the toilet paper guys??? People are buying them here like crazy lol !!!
Anyway, some tough restrictions were taken here. Schools, universities, restaurants, coffee shops, taverns, gyms, beauty centers, malls are closed since yesterday.

#1012 4 years ago

Colorado governor says over a 1000 here alone. Total US has to be 10’s of thousands at least

#1013 4 years ago

Italy, now Spain and France closed. How long before US faces reality?

France has become the latest country to go into coronavirus lockdown, with government ministers ordering the closure of shops, cinemas, restaurants and cafés for the foreseeable future.
Citizens have been asked to go out as little as possible, while all non-essential locations will be closed.

#1014 4 years ago

Heard some of the younger kids are calling the virus "the boomer remover."

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

In the old days, they used to use old Sears & Robuck catalogs (sort of like a big city telephone book), corn cobs, alfalfa. Sears is pretty much out of business, today's phone books like like a child's nighttime reader book. Only the rural farmers may have wagons of corn cobs, and in the cites, alfalfa is scarce as well.

Since no one wishes to walk around with a dirty hand, toilet paper has become a most valuable commodity. But I suppose that fist bumps are replacing handshakes maybe the run on TP could be a little lighter

#1016 4 years ago

That had to be for something else...you mean corn husks?

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Italy, now Spain and France closed. How long before US faces reality?
France has become the latest country to go into coronavirus lockdown, with government ministers ordering the closure of shops, cinemas, restaurants and cafés for the foreseeable future.
Citizens have been asked to go out as little as possible, while all non-essential locations will be closed.

You can pretty much ad Belgium to that list

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nope my father told me they used the cobs in the outhouse growing up. That’s roughing literally

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nope. Corn cobs. My grandpa's favorite. All those little pockets where the corn kernels were popped out make little scrapers. . You had to make sure as you were picking through the pile of cobs that you got the longest ones.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nope. Corn cobs. My grandpa's favorite. All those little pockets where the corn kernels were popped out make little scrapers. . You had to make sure as you were picking through the pile of cobs that you got the longest ones.

EDIT: I tried them one time. They sure did not feel like Charmin

#1021 4 years ago

“Organic” TP

7304BC2F-4737-42CE-92F1-C613C5460345 (resized).jpeg7304BC2F-4737-42CE-92F1-C613C5460345 (resized).jpeg
#1022 4 years ago

Better than cactus I guess

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

“The world needs country after country stepping up to prevent future viral outbreaks by banning the trade and consumption of wildlife.” Hoang Bich Thuy, country director of WCS Vietnam, said in a statement. “If just one country continues to allow the trade in wildlife, communities across the world will continue to suffer and pay the price.”

Really? So you want to ban deer hunting? Fishing?
I don't do either but it would be a disaster for states like PA that have large deer populations.

#1024 4 years ago

I never thought I would have money to burn . I buy in bulk and am not part of the TP chase action going on. I feel rich

IMG_3232 (resized).JPGIMG_3232 (resized).JPG
IMG_3233 (resized).JPGIMG_3233 (resized).JPG
IMG_3234 (resized).JPGIMG_3234 (resized).JPG
IMG_3235 (resized).JPGIMG_3235 (resized).JPG
IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

“Organic” TP[quoted image]

That's how I remember it

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

You can pretty much ad Belgium to that list

Greece too.

#1027 4 years ago
74895961_2890392694337308_5775101957794430976_n (resized).jpg74895961_2890392694337308_5775101957794430976_n (resized).jpg
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

[quoted image]

10k by Christmas.

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Really? So you want to ban deer hunting? Fishing?
I don't do either but it would be a disaster for states like PA that have large deer populations.

Rather have a ton of deer than what’s happening in the world now

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nope. Corn cobs.

Grew up on a small farm, had a couple acres of corn, never used it that way...

#1031 4 years ago

The inability of some people to think critically when reading blows my mind sometimes.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Rather have a ton of deer than what’s happening in the world now

I’ve got one entire freezer filled with deer steaks and sausages.
I’m good to grill it out for a while.

#1033 4 years ago

Hey guys, do you have enough TP?
The average American uses 4 rolls of TP a day, and consumes more than 10 a week, making the grand total for most households over 600+ rolls a month!

colon-blow (resized).pngcolon-blow (resized).png
#1034 4 years ago
241DD8BC-BDF6-45BE-8617-44B44AE0D53E.jpeg241DD8BC-BDF6-45BE-8617-44B44AE0D53E.jpeg28900392-78D8-4677-A30F-25023C60DCCF.jpeg28900392-78D8-4677-A30F-25023C60DCCF.jpeg387F0957-95F7-4B46-B982-9352A9C5B202 (resized).png387F0957-95F7-4B46-B982-9352A9C5B202 (resized).png
#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Heard some of the younger kids are calling the virus "the boomer remover."

My friend laps up all the conspiracy stories. He thinks that the worlds governments unleashed this virus to specifically wipe out all the old and sickly people while leaving young people and children relatively unscathed in an attempt to take care of the problem of funding social security and Medicare expenses for an aging population. Basically, kill off the unproductive who no longer pull their weight. I told him that he vastly overestimates governments competence to pull off something like that.

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It bugs me when there is a headline in the news like “2500 cases of coronavirus in the US”. That’s just the number of positive test results which seems kind of meaningless when there is so little testing in a country of 350,000,000 people. Why does the media report the number like it’s an accurate total number of cases, then compare it with the totals in other parts of the world? So stupid. I’m guessing millions of people believe it too.

Government underreporting cases in order to avoid panic:

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20200314/coronavirus-sheriff-chitwood-reveals-20-potential-volusia-cases

#1038 4 years ago

Today my kids asked me for an allowance in toilet paper figuring it’s worth more than US currency right now.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

as far as I can tell the media is saying 2,500 CONFIRMED cases and are being quite clear that only 16,000 tests have been done here.

I learned from the media that the number of infections is many, many times higher than that.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. Are the Epi pens $600.00 per pair or $25.00 per pair? How she buy them for $25.00?
I'd like to find a deal like that on Crestor.

This seems like a good example of how "common knowledge" in the medical field trumps whatever's actually possible. Pretty sure I got that 'rona a few months ago, it lasted over 2 weeks.

Probably a coupon on goodrx.com or the like? I'd definitely "find out what Crestor's about" on there, the pharmacy can check for you through their system too. Often a better price than you get through insurance when you pay cash + their coupons.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

as far as I can tell the media is saying 2,500 CONFIRMED cases and are being quite clear that only 16,000 tests have been done here.
I learned from the media that the number of infections is many, many times higher than that.

assuming 10x the current reported number is reasonable.

keep in mind you are sheading virus for ~2days prior to symptoms, then another 2 before you feel really crappy and go in, then another 48hr for tests to come back in most cases.

Any numbers you are seeing now are 6 days old from reality in a best case estimate.

#1042 4 years ago

One of the better articles I’ve read. Seems fairly objective and based on fact. All common sense really and not to be sneezed at (see what I did there).

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Edit: it’s a bit of a slog to read. Probably not ideal for the 2 second social media attention span. Maybe someone can do a TikTok interpretation of it.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Hey guys, do you have enough TP?
The average American uses 4 rolls of TP a day, and consumes more than 10 a week, making the grand total for most households over 600+ rolls a month![quoted image]

What??? 4 rolls of TP a day? It takes me a month or more to go through a roll. Who’s using more than 4 to make mine and theirs average to 4?

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the better articles I’ve read. Seems fairly objective and based on fact. All common sense really and not to be sneezed at (see what I did there).
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Edit: it’s a bit of a slog to read. Probably not ideal for the 2 second social measure attention span. Maybe someone can do. TikTok interpretation of it.

That article is really good. Highly recommend it. All facts, math, science, explanations of what has transpired in China, South Korea, and Italy. Sobering.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Edit: it’s a bit of a slog to read. Probably not ideal for the 2 second social measure attention span. Maybe someone can do. TikTok interpretation of it.

My takeaway over the last few days is that we should be in an Italy style lockdown NOW, not in 2 weeks.

#1046 4 years ago

My home town which has 2 confirmed cases hosting is running a half marathon tomorrow, run by a private individual. Every other event around the world is getting cancelled left, right and centre, but the organiser of this thing care about money too much to do the right thing.

Bearing in mind its an event that people will be travelling from all over on public transport to get to and from, and probably making a day of it and going around the shops, I'd be amazed if there wasn't hundreds of new carriers after tomorrow.

The only saving grace is that they are getting utterly pilloried on the socials, and a lot of participants have said that they will not be turning up and will never run it again.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it, I kinda wish the Government would impose a more severe law for any kind of reckless endangerment like this.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My takeaway over the last few days is that we should be in an Italy style lockdown NOW, not in 2 weeks.

Or 2 weeks ago. With the dimwitted reaction time up top we’re toast.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Or 2 weeks ago. With the dimwitted reaction time up top we’re toast.

Up next, night of the living dead. Get a grip.

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi, that is never going to happen and you know it. The "people" wont agree with it. Plus, there is no way they can actually do it. I agree its the right move but its never going to happen.

#1050 4 years ago

You can’t enforce it but you can mandate it.

We’ll see how it works out in Tea Neck:

6:51 p.m. NJ mayor says town is 'ground zero,' asks residents to self-quarantine
Mohammed Hameeduddin, the mayor of Teaneck, New Jersey, told ABC News that he is requesting all residents self-quarantine and only leave their homes for food and medicine.

Hameeduddin said that his town is "ground zero" for the infections in the state. At the moment, Teaneck has 18 cases of COVID-19, but he believes people have been walking around with the virus for the past four weeks.

In coordination with the county emergency management and executive, the decision was made to close all schools, municipal buildings, parks and other places people can congregate.

The mayor said that the town's more than 41,000 residents should stay home, avoid interaction and assume that if they were to leave that they would become infected.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/21?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.