(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

...or cancellation of the season...a horrible situation and got to see our kids play one last game.

Uff yeah it sucks. I'm still hoping spring sports can be saved...but I might be lying to myself. As of now schools back 4.6.20 but I got a bad feeling.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Supposedly, our schools will reopen on 3/30.

I hope that they do open at the end of the month but I have a bad feeling that's not going to happen.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It will take longer then that with all the people that are in denial.
Schools are closed but all the kids are out having meetups at the malls, bowling alley and other places. We just just had 3 people confirmed positive in the next county over and seems like most the people don't care.

My GF’s teenagers will be completing homework online so school does not really end for them even though school was shut down for 3 weeks I believe.

First week us spring vacation and the other two, online work.

#904 4 years ago

Maybe down the road when hopefully all is clear, some positives will happen from all this.

1. Maybe more companies will see that if workers want to keep working at home they can.
2. Imagine how much better traffic would be with more people working at home.
3. Less pollution, and with less fuel consumed, fuel and gas should stay lower.
4. Not as much stress from sitting on congested roads.
5. Not as many car repairs needed either, or tires needing replaced, etc.
6. And maybe some parents will actually go back to parenting, instead of relying on schools to baby sit for them all the time.

On one hand that would be better I think, except now some gas stations and tire stores would have to close because of lack of business. And a lot of construction companies out of work because all of a sudden traffic is light and no need to make more lanes on a interstate, etc.

The more I think about it, there is no clear answer about best overall long-term outcome for everyone.

#905 4 years ago

My school district decided to extend spring break by 2 extra days while they try and figure out what to do. Basically they are using 2 unused snow days. Meanwhile a stones throw away in WI they are all closed.

Also got a kick out of my governor telling a large crowd that he is using his authority to ban large crowds.

Strange times. local Walmart shopping app indicated that they ran out of Swiffer dry and wet refills. Scratching my head on that one. Out of distilled water but plenty of nursery water. Fruit punch 50 packs of glucose tablets in stock. No other flavor. 10 packs of fruit punch out of stock. All other flavors in stock. The distortions in the market...strange times.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The distortions in the market...strange times.

I seen that first hand. I went to ALDI to pick up some beef, and all they had was chicken.

#907 4 years ago

Well, I am now in the camp of the “have people lost their minds”. Went to the store this evening to buy some things and the shelves are all half empty. Pictures were one thing, seeing it is different.

#908 4 years ago

All my nieces and nephews schools have closed down for the next 3 weeks. Schools are in San Diego, Orange County, and San Louis Obispo.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Maybe down the road when hopefully all is clear, some positives will happen from all this.
1. Maybe more companies will see that if workers want to keep working at home they can.
2. Imagine how much better traffic would be with more people working at home.
3. Less pollution, and with less fuel consumed, fuel and gas should stay lower.
4. Not as much stress from sitting on congested roads.
5. Not as many car repairs needed either, or tires needing replaced, etc.
6. And maybe some parents will actually go back to parenting, instead of relying on schools to baby sit for them all the time.
On one hand that would be better I think, except now some gas stations and tire stores would have to close because of lack of business. And a lot of construction companies out of work because all of a sudden traffic is light and no need to make more lanes on a interstate, etc.
The more I think about it, there is no clear answer about best overall long-term outcome for everyone.

Yeah I really hope it leads to a sea change in attitudes toward remote work. It's ridiculous how many fully digital jobs still require a daily office presence as a matter of course. While the impetus for it is obviously terrible, it will be very good for managers to be forced to see that remote workforces don't mean the end of the world, and for all of their employees to get a taste of the benefits of remote work. Even sporadic remote work can be a big quality of life boost and grants people a lot more flexibility to work around life events. Like you say, it also has hugely beneficial society wide knock on effects if everyone does it.

#910 4 years ago

My GF had an idea of why so much laundry detergent is being purchased. She thought that when the girls run out of TP, they can use rags, wash them and reuse the rags. LOL

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Absolutely. If anybody is getting lost in the shuffle of this it's retail workers.
You couldn't pay me $1000 an hour to do that job right now. Mixing with huge crowds of the general public all day along with a big workforce during a pandemic...The health and safety issues are outrageous. They are, right now, among the early heroes of this debacle.

My girlfriend is a server. Florida is in peak spring break and snowbird travel season.

I explained to her that for the few thousand she will lose out in 1 month it's not worth her getting exposed or exposing me or any other people.

Had her call her boss and tell him she is seeking work elsewhere and having her hunker down with me.

It was 1 thing before reports of permanent lung damage and scarring but now there is no way I'm letting that vector fly.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Well, I am now in the camp of the “have people lost their minds”. Went to the store this evening to buy some things and the shelves are all half empty. Pictures were one thing, seeing it is different.

Yeah, I seen that also. I just hope everyone got what they need for a while and when I try again in 2-3 days items will be back in stock.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

My wife bought a crap load of canned sardines and Spam. She loves them, I can’t stand them. If I start eating them, than the zombie apocalypse has officially begun.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Yeah I really hope it leads to a sea change in attitudes toward remote work. It's ridiculous how many fully digital jobs still require a daily office presence as a matter of course. While the impetus for it is obviously terrible, it will be very good for managers to be forced to see that remote workforces don't mean the end of the world, and for all of their employees to get a taste of the benefits of remote work. Even sporadic remote work can be a big quality of life boost and grants people a lot more flexibility to work around life events. Like you say, it also has hugely beneficial society wide knock on effects if everyone does it.

My company loves remote workers. Less office space to lease, own and maintain. Lowers overhead costs.

#915 4 years ago

I went to shop rite tonight to grab a couple things.

First, holy cow, people are going to be putting it on so much weight. I could not believe how much junk food was gone. There was hardly any ice cream left.

Second, everyone is going to get cavities...nobody bought any toothpaste.

Third, the aisle where I buy my food was hardly touched...guess I don’t need to over buy.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm out sick at the moment and dreading going back to work. I do more administrative work, but pitch in with store work in small doses. I think I'm going to walk into a nightmare and doing a lot more stocking/customer service to keep things moving.

I was a night manager but got sick of working nights. So stepped dow and took a dairy department lead job to go days. I spend about 3 to 4 hours putting in orders and receiving deliveries. Then the rest of the day I'm on the floor. Was off today but went in to do some shopping with my wife. It's like the weekend before Thanksgiving and Christmas combined.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was a night manager but got sick of working nights. So stepped dow and took a dairy department lead job to go days. I spend about 3 to 4 hours putting in orders and receiving deliveries. Then the rest of the day I'm on the floor. Was off today but went in to do some shopping with my wife. It's like the weekend before Thanksgiving and Christmas combined.

I'm thinking about doing a late nite grocery shopping trip. Hopefully it wont be too crowded at 2 or 3am.

#918 4 years ago

I am also being bombarded by emails from businesses that have my email address. All telling me they are taking precautions. Car dealerships, Best Buy, Comcast, etc. That at least is encouraging. They are being proactive.

#919 4 years ago

Right now plenty of stations selling gas for 1.89 around here. That is the lowest I have seen in a long time, I like it. Not that I plan to go anywhere anyway.

I just hope the people that have emptied the shelves at the store have enough to last them a long time and stores will get back to normal soon. I can see that way of thinking if we are about to have a bad ice storm or something, and may lose power and roads are not passable.

Stay well!

#920 4 years ago

I posted this in the Disney thread but thought it would interest some here as well.

I know it is a lot. You can skip to the end for the cliff’s notes.

So my story starts on February 28th. My wife, my parents and our two boys leave California for Orlando to depart on a Disney Cruise that will take us to Cozumel, Grand Carmen, and Jamaica.

We board the ship on the 29th and are aware of the virus but are not concerned. At that time I had posted on here many times that virus is really a non issue.
There is screening to get on the ship and even one group gets turned away because they had been in Japan in the last 14 days. The first night we go to the show and they announce between crew and passengers over 70 countries are represented on board.

The cruise goes on and we have our fun, also watching the news to see what is going on around the world. The concierge informs us they are bombing the ship nightly with disinfectant and they are cleaning the ship day and night. We continue cruising and having fun.

Wednesday, my wife gets an email from my son’s school informing us that he will be quarantined for 14 days upon his return because he has been out of the country. I think it is crazy because there are no cases in the area we are cruising and cases in the county we live in California. We call the school and they tell us that if we get a note stating our son does not have corona virus he can go back. We call his doctor’s office and they tell us there is no way they can provide that. They tell us we would have to go to public health. Public health states only to see them if you have symptoms. So I am certainly not taking my healthy son somewhere where there are very sick people. I talk to my wife and parents about extending our stay in Orlando upon our return and going to Disney world for a few days because we have never been. We discuss it and all agree to do so.

On March 7th we finally disembark the ship and take the hour ride to Disneyworld. Everyone is pretty excited. We finally arrive, and it is very crowded. We spend the day in Epcot and my mom seems very quiet. My mom sometimes gets like that when she is uncomfortable. My dad actually is a little pissed because he thinks she is upset we went and the park is too busy. My parents end up going back to the hotel early. We stay and do some rides and make the best out of the crowds. I mean it is Epcot on a Saturday what do you expect?

Sunday we wake up and go to Magic Kingdom. My mom is super quiet. She says she feels kind of off. About 1PM my mom and dad decide to go back to the hotel and rest. We stay and ride a couple rides, park is obviously super crowded. Finally we get back to the hotel around 9PM. My dad says my mom has gone straight to bed when she arrived and that she has a fever.

We wake up Monday morning and my mom is not feeling well. She still has a fever and has now added chills and an uncontrollable cough. My dad stays with my mom and I take my wife and boys to animal Kingdom. My dad tries to get my mom to go to urgent care but she is an incredibly stubborn worman and resists. She has another day of the same symptoms, with them progressing throughout the day. We arrive back late in the evening and go to bed. We are in a one bed room suite and I can hear my mom coughing uncontrollably throughout the night. The driest, painful cough I have ever heard.

Finally we wake up Tuesday morning and my mom is toast. She can’t move barely can talk. I am scared shitless. She is still coughing uncontrollably, but now has added vomiting and diarrhea. We finally convince her that she needs to go to the doctor. She says she has to get ready before going, again very stubborn proud woman. She tries to get out of bed for over an hour but can’t manage to do so. She is just too weak. Everyone at this point is freaking out. Finally I have had enough and call 911!

The EMTs arrive in about 15 minutes. They are in full hazmat gear, shields over there faces and plastics over all their clothes.They say they really don’t know what to do. They take my mom’s vitals and her temp comes back at 100.8. She is 5’5 and about 105 pounds, so she is pretty frail and has heart issues. The EMTs finish all there tests for vitals and say my mom is stable. They offer her the option of going to the hospital and she refuses. They pack up their hazmat shit and leave.

We decide since my mom is so frail that the best option is to call private doctor to the room because my mom is just too weak to get to urgent care. At this point I am sure my mom has the flu, my wife and I had it a couple weeks prior and it kicked our asses. At this time my 4 year old also started to have minor fever. He was the only member of our family not to have the flu so it made sense. The private doctor arrives that afternoon very nice. No hazmat gear, just super casual, tells us she has visited two other cruise ship patients earlier in the day and both tested positive for the flu. At this point I am like this sucks but it is the flu. So the doctor takes my mom’s temperature and it is now 102. She tests for the flu and you should have seen the look in that doctor’s eyes when that test came back negative. She tells us immediately that my mom must go to the hospital.

My mom and dad go to hospital. I stay back with my son that is running the fever. My mom goes into a special room at the hospital. She by passes the lines. No hazmat gear or anything like that. The doctor’s start running tests. They tell my dad it is some type of infection. After running some more tests they say she has pneumonia and that she is free to leave the hospital.

My parents finally return from the hospital at 12:30 in morning and my son is now coughing uncontrollably and burning up. We are planning on leaving that Wednesday and fly back to California. Even though the hospital told my mom that she was free to fly, she was just too weak. My wife and I are stressing if we would be let on the plane because my son obviously has a pretty intense fever. Finally on Wednesday I say good bye to my parents and head to the airport. No one looks or cares that my son has a fever or is coughing uncontrollably. We board the plane and head for California.

Thursday we wake up and I call my dad. My mom is still very weak. No way she can fly. We are having problems getting her meds for her heart because we had extended our trip and she had only brought a few days extra of pills. Finally that gets squared away. I tell my wife we should take my son to the doctor because he still has fever and uncontrollable cough. They ask if we have been out of country and we go through the whole drill. They tell us to bring him in. They see my son and tell us that he has um “a virus”. They say take him home and if he still has the fever on Saturday to bring him back.

Meanwhile my parents are still in Florida and I hear that Disney is closing Disneyland. I call my dad and tell him they got to get the hell out of there because Disneyworld is going to be next. My mom is still super weak. He books the air flight for Friday.

Today my parents head to the airport, my mom is still coughing uncontrollably and is very weak. The plane is delayed and has mechanical issue. After two hours the plane finally takes off and hopefully my parents will arrive soon from the trip from hell.

My dad now has fallen ill and my wife and I feel off. I don’t know if our symptoms will worsen or it will just pass.

I left for this trip with complete faith in our medical system. Maybe that was naive but that is how I felt. After this whole experience, I feel no one has any idea what they are doing or how to handle the situation.

My whole family had:

Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu
And was allowed to fly and roam freely without any Coronavirus testing.

I am not saying we have Coronavirus or not but we were not quarantined, visited theme parks and flew on air planes and were told it was fine to do so by medical professionals.

After my experience the virus is everywhere and probably has already infected hundreds of thousands of people but I guess we will find out.

#921 4 years ago

Holy crap. But it doesn’t surprise me. A high school buddy of mine is an RN and works the ER at a hospital in Northern California that has patients that have tested positive. He quit because he said the safety protocols were completely lacking.
Dept. of HHS came in for a meeting and all they really cared about was trying to get all the nurses to sign NDA’s.

Hopefully your mother gets through it ok. Any chance that you can get your family tested?

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I posted this in the Disney thread but thought it would interest some here as well.
So my story starts on February 28th. My wife, my parents and our two boys leave California for Orlando to depart on a Disney Cruise that will take us to Cozumel, Grand Carmen, and Jamaica.
We board the ship on the 29th and are aware of the virus but are not concerned. At that time I had posted on here many times that virus is really a non issue.
There is screening to get on the ship and even one group gets turned away because they had been in Japan in the last 14 days. The first night we go to the show and they announce between crew and passengers over 70 countries are represented on board.
The cruise goes on and we have our fun, also watching the news to see what is going on around the world. The concierge informs us they are bombing the ship nightly with disinfectant and they are cleaning the ship day and night. We continue cruising and having fun.
Wednesday, my wife gets an email from my son’s school informing us that he will be quarantined for 14 days upon his return because he has been out of the country. I think it is crazy because there are no cases in the area we are cruising and cases in the county we live in California. We call the school and they tell us that if we get a note stating our son does not have corona virus he can go back. We call his doctor’s office and they tell us there is no way they can provide that. They tell us we would have to go to public health. Public health states only to see them if you have symptoms. So I am certainly not taking my healthy son somewhere where there are very sick people. I talk to my wife and parents about extending our stay in Orlando upon our return and going to Disney world for a few days because we have never been. We discuss it and all agree to do so.
On March 7th we finally disembark the ship and take the hour ride to Disneyworld. Everyone is pretty excited. We finally arrive, and it is very crowded. We spend the day in Epcot and my mom seems very quiet. My mom sometimes gets like that when she is uncomfortable. My dad actually is a little pissed because he thinks she is upset we went and the park is too busy. My parents end up going back to the hotel early. We stay and do some rides and make the best out of the crowds. I mean it is Epcot on a Saturday what do you expect?
Sunday we wake up and go to Magic Kingdom. My mom is super quiet. She says she feels kind of off. About 1PM my mom and dad decide to go back to the hotel and rest. We stay and ride a couple rides, park is obviously super crowded. Finally we get back to the hotel around 9PM. My dad says my mom has gone straight to bed when she arrived and that she has a fever.
We wake up Monday morning and my mom is not feeling well. She still has a fever and has now added chills and an uncontrollable cough. My dad stays with my mom and I take my wife and boys to animal Kingdom. My dad tries to get my mom to go to urgent care but she is an incredibly stubborn worman and resists. She has another day of the same symptoms, with them progressing throughout the day. We arrive back late in the evening and go to bed. We are in a one bed room suite and I can hear my mom coughing uncontrollably throughout the night. The driest, painful cough I have ever heard.
Finally we wake up Tuesday morning and my mom is toast. She can’t move barely can talk. I am scared shitless. She is still coughing uncontrollably, but now has added vomiting and diarrhea. We finally convince her that she needs to go to the doctor. She says she has to get ready before going, again very stubborn proud woman. She tries to get out of bed for over an hour but can’t manage to do so. She is just too weak. Everyone at this point is freaking out. Finally I have had enough and call 911!
The EMTs arrive in about 15 minutes. They are in full hazmat gear, shields over there faces and plastics over all their clothes.They say they really don’t know what to do. They take my mom’s vitals and her temp comes back at 100.8. She is 5’5 and about 105 pounds, so she is pretty frail and has heart issues. The EMTs finish all there tests for vitals and say my mom is stable. They offer her the option of going to the hospital and she refuses. They pack up their hazmat shit and leave.
We decide since my mom is so frail that the best option is to call private doctor to the room because my mom is just too weak to get to urgent care. At this point I am sure my mom has the flu, my wife and I had it a couple weeks prior and it kicked our asses. At this time my 4 year old also started to have minor fever. He was the only member of our family not to have the flu so it made sense. The private doctor arrives that afternoon very nice. No hazmat gear, just super casual, tells us she has visited two other cruise ship patients earlier in the day and both tested positive for the flu. At this point I am like this sucks but it is the flu. So the doctor takes my mom’s temperature and it is now 102. She tests for the flu and you should have seen the look in that doctor’s eyes when that test came back negative. She tells us immediately that my mom must go to the hospital.
My mom and dad go to hospital. I stay back with my son that is running the fever. My mom goes into a special room at the hospital. She by passes the lines. No hazmat gear or anything like that. The doctor’s start running tests. They tell my dad it is some type of infection. After running some more tests they say she has pneumonia and that she is free to leave the hospital.
My parents finally return from the hospital at 12:30 in morning and my son is now coughing uncontrollably and burning up. We are planning on leaving that Wednesday and fly back to California. Even though the hospital told my mom that she was free to fly, she was just too weak. My wife and I are stressing if we would be let on the plane because my son obviously has a pretty intense fever. Finally on Wednesday I say good bye to my parents and head to the airport. No one looks or cares that my son has a fever or is coughing uncontrollably. We board the plane and head for California.
Thursday we wake up and I call my dad. My mom is still very weak. No way she can fly. We are having problems getting her meds for her heart because we had extended our trip and she had only brought a few days extra of pills. Finally that gets squared away. I tell my wife we should take my son to the doctor because he still has fever and uncontrollable cough. They ask if we have been out of country and we go through the whole drill. They tell us to bring him in. They see my son and tell us that he has um “a virus”. They say take him home and if he still has the fever on Saturday to bring him back.
Meanwhile my parents are still in Florida and I hear that Disney is closing Disneyland. I call my dad and tell him they got to get the hell out of there because Disneyworld is going to be next. My mom is still super weak. He books the air flight for Friday.
Today my parents head to the airport, my mom is still coughing uncontrollably and is very weak. The plane is delayed and has mechanical issue. After two hours the plane finally takes off and hopefully my parents will arrive soon from the trip from hell.
My dad now has fallen ill and my wife and I feel off. I don’t know if our symptoms will worsen or it will just pass.
I left for this trip with complete faith in our medical system. Maybe that was naive but that is how I felt. After this whole experience, I feel no one has any idea what they are doing or how to handle the situation.
My whole family had:
Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu
I am not saying we have Coronavirus or not but we were not quarantined, visited theme parks and flew on air planes and were told it was fine to do so by medical professionals.
After my experience the virus is everywhere and probably has already infected hundreds of thousands of people but I guess we will find out.

Florida is experiencing a ton of non travel related positives right now and yet they arent calling it community spread.

Folks in hospitals all over signing NDAs and covering up corona cases in counties all over.

So screwed up

#923 4 years ago

To me, it all seems like World War 3, and instead of a bomb, there has been a virus unleashed.

Something kicked my ass last October, so I think something has been going on for a while. I am still not 100% from that.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My whole family had:
Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu

Very scary story. I wish the very best for you and your family. Please keep us posted..

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Important Announcement for ALL!

Masturbation boosts your immune system, helping you fight off infection and illness

https://bigthink.com/sex-relationships/health-benefits-of-masturbation
Ladies and Gentlemen... call off the search for a vaccine!
Bonus points for washing your hands afterwards.

shoulda made it say “giving blowjobs helps immune system “ i jest i jest

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm really surprised that Trump and the Congress arent taking more precautions to protect themselves.

It’s because the rules don’t apply to them. Just like the laws they ALL pass. As government employees, they should be mandated to use the VA for all their healthcare needs.

#927 4 years ago

I think everyone who's seen "The Stand" will know the first thing they thought during the opening, and it wasn't "how do I distill my own Purell® hand gel?"—it's how do I refine my own petroleum spirits so that we can keep the pinballs on?

#928 4 years ago

“My whole family had:
Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu
And was allowed to fly and roam freely without any Coronavirus testing.”

I hope you and your family come through this, and perhaps it is insensitive to point this out...but you guys made a lot of irresponsible decisions.

#929 4 years ago

It's like "when in Rome". When a Chinese virus is in you, act like the Chinese did and infect as many others as possible so they'll be more likely to feel pressure and cure you. After that I assume they'll go to the hammers more than usual.

#930 4 years ago

In Finland, some 18000 gaming machines on location, as well as state owned casinos were ordered to be closed starting today.

#932 4 years ago

Good morning covid-19 club.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Good morning covid-19 club.

Notice op has gone inactive?

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Yes. What’s up?

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I hate that you guys are going through this. This should be an example to everyone, take this seriously. Listen to the warnings.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I hope he’s okayest

#937 4 years ago

Have any Preppers enacted their bugout plans
No zombies yet , but this is how it starts

IMG_20200314_225531 (resized).jpgIMG_20200314_225531 (resized).jpg
#938 4 years ago

Why haven't you seen Tom Hanks in a video eating some chicken soup to reassure everyone? Is he sick or is it hype over swine flu? Show us, Tom Hanks.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Why haven't you seen Tom Hanks in a video eating some chicken soup to reassure everyone? Is he sick or is it hype over swine flu? Show us, Tom Hanks.

He'll make it through , but his wife may not. He will claim new vac saved him and thus begin world wide forced vaccinations. Taken from the nightmare I had.

#940 4 years ago

Hearing hear, about NDA's in Hospitals, and then chatter about this in other places truly concerns me.
Im certain its to keep the country calm, and following a controlled narrative.
If this is happening nationally, who in charge, made this decision?

#941 4 years ago

Cabelas here in Edmonton is running out of ammunition.

And a radio ad keeps coming on about buying a bidet due to the lack of toilet paper. Lol

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm thinking about doing a late nite grocery shopping trip. Hopefully it wont be too crowded at 2 or 3am.

I'm going to try and do the exact same thing tonight. All the stores do most of their restocking at night and the daytime crowds are just too large.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

My girlfriend is a server. Florida is in peak spring break and snowbird travel season.
I explained to her that for the few thousand she will lose out in 1 month it's not worth her getting exposed or exposing me or any other people.
Had her call her boss and tell him she is seeking work elsewhere and having her hunker down with me.
It was 1 thing before reports of permanent lung damage and scarring but now there is no way I'm letting that vector fly.

I drove up 95 from Florida to the Carolinas. I think the snowbirds are leaving early. Crazy traffic the entire way.

#944 4 years ago

Heres some bad gossip.
Im in my local downtown, standing outside a bank building, with many financial brokerage service companies inside.
As a group of well dressed men and women come out the door, 5-6, Im guessing for lunch, all around 50 ish, are talking in hushed controlled voices. They stop at the corner with me waiting for the light.
The conversation was like this....So glad we all got out early! Our clients are going crazy!
Make sure your customers, (that belong to a "view") you are persuasive to keep their money in the market. and to those like us, (that have this other "view") you help them out to sell or re position.
This is all paraphrased because of restrictions, and incomplete conversations, but enough to go WTF!!!

#945 4 years ago

Yeah Art. A lot of pretty vile people in the world. Like this dude:

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html?referringSource=articleShare

To think that some probably admire his entrepreneurship. I don’t.

#946 4 years ago

That is messed up! I am in the industry and not one colleague that I have spoken with across many different firms has had that conversation. Hopefully just a one off conversation that was overheard and that is truly unfortunate. Truth be told, they have no clue what they are talking about. This is new to everyone. We are all trying to figure it out as things develop.

Anyone with children - what are you plans for next week? School or keep the kids home?

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

That is messed up! I am in the industry and not one colleague that I have spoken with across many different firms has had that conversation. Hopefully just a one off conversation that was overheard and that is truly unfortunate. Truth be told, they have no clue what they are talking about. This is new to everyone. We are all trying to figure it out as things develop.
Anyone with children - what are you plans for next week? School or keep the kids home?

Agreed. Dealt with hundreds of 401k/IRA customers this past week. If I was ever told to tell them to keep their money invested I would immediately quit my job and notify the press. 99% of us want what's best for our customers.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah Art. A lot of pretty vile people in the world. Like this dude:
He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html?referringSource=articleShare
To think that some probably admire his entrepreneurship. I don’t.

What I didn’t see in the article was that he could still sell them. Just not at inflated prices. People like that make me sick.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

“My whole family had:
Been on a cruise ship
Been out of the country
Had flulike symptoms
Tested negative for flu
And was allowed to fly and roam freely without any Coronavirus testing.”
I hope you and your family come through this, and perhaps it is insensitive to point this out...but you guys made a lot of irresponsible decisions.

I must agree. Jorge was extremely glib and dismissive in another thread about his cruise and “fear”. Here’s one such post:

Quoted from jorge5240:

Because there is no risk you dorks. There is way more risk in my home county!!!
Whatever Disney world here we come and my boy gets an extended vacation.

I can’t begin to imagine the people put in potential harm by electing to get on an airplane under these conditions. My daughter had a cough this week...and we kept her home from school.

#950 4 years ago

Just sounds like certain groups were managed differently than other groups and that isn’t right. I believe the majority of the investment community believes this event will have a limited timeline. As long as they are working in their client’s best interest, regardless of how bleak things may look - that is what counts.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/19?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.