(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 47.
#851 4 years ago

Markets up 9% today. That’s progress towards people feeling better about this situation.

Hopefully, if the markets keep going up and they can slow down the spread, people will start wondering what are they doing with all this TP and hand sanitizer.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I always feel like I'm watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High
"Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. “Isn’t this great?”

Lmao I’ve made that comparison many times. Damone for president!

“Hey, look at this virus response. Isn’t it great? Tremendous. Some countries, not so much. But here it’s just been amazing, frankly. Really
Fantastic.”

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

"Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. “Isn’t this great?”

“No shirts, No shoes...No Dice!”

#854 4 years ago

I would much rather have Spicoli in charge!

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn’t America sick of this used car salesman schtick by now? It’s like living in an infomercial.
Everything is wonderful, big, fantastic, tremendous, tremendous, tremendous , amazing, frankly.
Enough already! My lord.

I'm still waiting for the health insurance that was going to be "great".

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

"they" already have the "great" health insurance

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

great bill to you is the GOP plan Surprise that guy was out of network that will be $5K for that.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would much rather have Spicoli in charge!

I don’t know. Damone can get us Earth Wind and Fire tickets.

What’s spicoli’s platform?

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A cool buzz and some tasty waves for all!

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

A cool buzz and some tasty waves for all!

And the mighty VH for your birthday!

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

You cant intimidate, ridicule, insult , lie, minimize or fire the corona virus away.

Self flagellation doesn’t work either. But goddamn, some are giving it their best shot!

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t know. Damone can get us Earth Wind and Fire tickets.

Brad: Why don't you get a job Spicoli?
Spicoli: What for?
Brad: You need money.
Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

He is not interested in selling out the American People to the corporations.

And Eightball88 beat me to my post.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

It’s very punk rock. Like a Circle Jerks concert.

#864 4 years ago

Raise your hand if this virus has hit home and affected your life, yet........

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Brad: Why don't you get a job Spicoli?
Spicoli: What for?
Brad: You need money.
Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
He is not interested in selling out the American People to the corporations.
And Eightball88 beat me to my post.

Sorry lukyduck. I upvoted you as compensation After all, you actually got the quote right...

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Not in a sick way, but daughters pre school is cancelled and my Mom is hiding out in Florida. I've been getting drunk and actually fixing the 900 little problems my machines have been growing for a long time.
Another case popped up near me so we got enough food and shit to stay in the house for awhile. I'll still have to go to work most of the week though.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not in a sick way, but daughters pre school is cancelled and my Mom is hiding out in Florida. I've been getting drunk and actually fixing the 900 little problems my machines have been growing for a long time.
Another case popped up near me so we got enough food and shit to stay in the house for awhile. I'll still have to go to work most of the week though.

They just canceled school here until at least April 5th.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Everybody with a tpf ticket is raising their hands.

Everybody who had to figure out what to do with their kids since school is out? Raising their hands.

I think you’d be hard-pressed to find someone whose routine or behavior hasn’t been altered in any way by this.

Hilton maybe.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Colorado: 72 positive, Eight people are hospitalized due to the coronavirus, three of them are in critical condition

Dude, what was up with that Post Malone concert last night?

#870 4 years ago

I have a prediction to make...in 9-12 months there will be a small baby boom from all the quarantined couples.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dude, what was up with that Post Malone concert last night?

Well, this is the mentality:

“You can’t have the coronavirus destroy your whole life. Go out, have fun. Live every day like it’s your last," she said.

SO, to review, live, die, whatev’s

#872 4 years ago

Have some kids and responsibilities and that calculus changes

#873 4 years ago

My recent purchase of a bidet is looking like a great investment.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My recent purchase of a bidet is looking like a great investment.

Ditto

17920937-2C71-4C14-BE97-EF19AA9EB24A (resized).jpeg17920937-2C71-4C14-BE97-EF19AA9EB24A (resized).jpeg
#875 4 years ago

Couldn’t get the Keith Elwin LE version

18CB1461-774C-4110-9A32-B1FDBE682A0D (resized).jpeg18CB1461-774C-4110-9A32-B1FDBE682A0D (resized).jpeg
#876 4 years ago

77 positive, 1 dead now in CO

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

77 positive, 1 dead now in CO

You're obsessed with this. You should take a break for a day or two and enjoy life for real.

#878 4 years ago

My friend was quarantined by the Board of Health. His quarantine ended today, but he is staying home for another week. All due to an infected individual who did not quarantine. School system is shut down for two weeks. Everyone in my neighborhood is helping out. There definitely is a strong sense of community to the point where some families are providing breakfast and lunch to other families that are on school assistance - no questions asked. We have everyone from the office working remote from home. Let’s see what the next week brings. The messaging today made me much more optimistic vs. the messaging on Wednesday.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

The messaging today made me much more optimistic vs. the messaging on Wednesday.

They declared a state of emergency today and that made you optimistic? Lmao

#880 4 years ago

We have already been in one in MA, so yes - more resources available.

#881 4 years ago

I’m gutted
Booked a 2 week holiday to Florida, staying in a villa and tickets to Disneyland.. Due to leave 1st April..

No Disney shut - loose $600 on tickets (80% refund)
And unless Borris declares lock down I’m going to loose $7000 on flights, accommodation...

What makes it worse is my 6yr olds first time to Disneyland... he was really looking forward to it

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wait until tomorrow evening when they announce grocery stores such as Publix and Walmart are closing at 8 PM and staying down for sometime.

Let's see how optimistic everyone is when that happens.

Honestly if you're able, just stock up, stay put and bang out 2 weeks of spring cleaning while not risking your lung scarring or killing of elders.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Wait until tomorrow evening when they announce grocery stores such as Publix and Walmart are closing at 8 PM and staying down for sometime.
Honestly. (If able,) Just stock up, stay put and bang out 2 weeks of spring cleaning while not risking your lung scarring or killing of elders.

#884 4 years ago

Already happening here in Houston, starting tonight. The employees need some breathing room.

#885 4 years ago

In before the lock (or cancellation of the season). With the inevitable shut down of High School Spring sports, our coach decided to have an impromptu scrimmage this afternoon. Only senior parents were notified to attend. We made the best of a horrible situation and got to see our kids play one last game.

20200313_130757 (resized).jpg20200313_130757 (resized).jpg20200313_151541 (resized).jpg20200313_151541 (resized).jpg
#886 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Honestly if you're able, just stock up, stay put and bang out 2 weeks of spring cleaning while not risking your lung scarring or killing of elders.

I wish that I could stay in but I gotta work unfortunately.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I can see many stores opening later and closing earlier. Most stores don't get their bulk delivery until later in the evenings. But I guess it all depends on the supplier. With more product coming in they will need more time to stock.
Today our stores were packed wall to wall with people. No room to work restocking shelves.
And yeah, there is no room to breath either. Poor ventilation, crowded and everyone is breathing in each others air. Yup, this how my days will be for a while.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're obsessed with this.

Not really. Just providing info. I am forced to home school the kids because of this hoax. Nothing better to do! You might want a breather to go grab a case of TP no?

I guess you can call it what you want though. Colorado state of emergency, Denver state of emergency, schools closed, wife has had fever for 3 days but we can’t get in anywhere to check it out so we’re in a half assed quarantine until we see if we all get sick...so I guess I’m heavily concerned? Severely interested? Just want to keep on top of things.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not really. Just providing info. I am forced to home school the kids because of this hoax. Nothing better to do! You might want a breather to go grab a case of TP no?

When was your children’s school closed down?

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

When was your children’s school closed down?

Elementary kid home for 2 days, middle school home today...and now on for the “3 weeks” that everything seems to think is a magic number

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seeing businesses and governments taking this seriously finally makes me a little more optimistic about our handling of things.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Elementary kid home for 2 days, middle school home today...and now on for the “3 weeks” that everything seems to think is a magic number

Supposedly, our schools will reopen on 3/30.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It will take longer then that with all the people that are in denial.
Schools are closed but all the kids are out having meetups at the malls, bowling alley and other places. We just just had 3 people confirmed positive in the next county over and seems like most the people don't care.

#894 4 years ago

Yeah, really need everyone on board to make it work semi quickly.

#895 4 years ago

The buck stops here.
- Harry Truman

I take no responsibility
-fucko the clown

#896 4 years ago

We are on our own. That’s what I get from this week. I’ve watched all the pandemic movies, now it finally has a real world use.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Already happening here in Houston, starting tonight. The employees need some breathing room.

Absolutely. If anybody is getting lost in the shuffle of this it's retail workers.

You couldn't pay me $1000 an hour to do that job right now. Mixing with huge crowds of the general public all day along with a big workforce during a pandemic...The health and safety issues are outrageous. They are, right now, among the early heroes of this debacle.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Absolutely. If anybody is getting lost in the shuffle of this it's retail workers.
You couldn't pay me $1000 an hour to do that job right now. Mixing with huge crowds of the general public all day along with a big workforce during a pandemic...The health and safety issues are outrageous. They are, right now, among the early heroes of this debacle.

Making damn near minimum wage with no benefits.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I can see many stores opening later and closing earlier. Most stores don't get their bulk delivery until later in the evenings. But I guess it all depends on the supplier. With more product coming in they will need more time to stock.
Today our stores were packed wall to wall with people. No room to work restocking shelves.
And yeah, there is no room to breath either. Poor ventilation, crowded and everyone is breathing in each others air. Yup, this how my days will be for a while.

Stay safe buddy!

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It will take longer then that with all the people that are in denial.
Schools are closed but all the kids are out having meetups at the malls, bowling alley and other places. We just just had 3 people confirmed positive in the next county over and seems like most the people don't care.

I'm out sick at the moment and dreading going back to work. I do more administrative work, but pitch in with store work in small doses. I think I'm going to walk into a nightmare and doing a lot more stocking/customer service to keep things moving.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.