(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 47.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Then there’s the story about China reporting some people that recover lose 30% lung capacity and wheeze when walking fast...hopefully that’s minimal
Just like flu though!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3074988/coronavirus-some-recovered-patients-may-have

#802 4 years ago

Is it me, or do you think it’s time that our drugs companies start making all the drugs here and not in China?

#804 4 years ago

New virus cases out side of China keep going up.

Iran does NOT have it under control. Spain is going up. The Scandinavian countries are getting hit pretty hard with new cases. China is looking better but has not stopped it completely.

Italy got religion and locked everybody down. Will the US or any other countries have the gonads to follow China and Italy?

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.10.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.10.10 AM (resized).png

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it me, or do you think it’s time that our drugs companies start making all the drugs here and not in China?

I don't disagree, but think of it this way,

USA approx 327 million customers
China, Approx 1.3 BILLION customers... make product where the largest customer base is.

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Will the US or any other countries have the gonads to follow China and Italy?

So far, no. Reports that someone didn’t want widespread testing because that would make numbers go up and look bad. I think real world events beyond government messaging, ie NBA players, celebrities, has kicked local communities in to a higher gear. That should’ve come from CDC a month ago. So, we play catch-up and hope for the best.

Lots of stories about Spanish flu. Apparently, in a similar fashion that hit in Spring, died back, then October killed tons...so beware the 2nd wave of this thing. Don’t get complacent over the summer.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Then there’s the story about China reporting some people that recover lose 30% lung capacity and wheeze when walking fast...hopefully that’s minimal
Just like flu though!

The story I read had a very very small sample size of 12 patients (still early days!) and 2 or 3 of them had extensive, basically permanent scarring of the lungs. I don’t know the ages of any of the patients - they could all have had limited lung capacity, although I think that was controlled for.

That could be some really bad news. So hopefully that is a very very minimum of cases.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Costs WAY too much for the average American.

Remember all that noise about how we shouldn’t import drugs from Canada because they’re not properly QC’d? Yeah that’s right, our main supplier is China.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Remember all that noise about how we shouldn’t import drugs from Canada because they’re not properly QC’d? Yeah that’s right, our main supplier is China.

EVERYthing is cheaper in china, even a $1.00 bill:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/us/cbp-seized-shipping-container-trnd/index.html

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Iran does NOT have it under control. Spain is going up. The Scandinavian countries are getting hit pretty hard with new cases. China is looking better but has not stopped it completely.
Italy got religion and locked everybody down. Will the US or any other countries have the gonads to follow China and Italy?
[quoted image]

Iran and the US are basically following the same model right now - deny and look the other way. Total chaos with regard to testing. Half of Iran’s leadership is quarantined. They are digging ad filling at least one mass grave the size of a football field -that is visible from space-. Hope we get our act together soon.

#813 4 years ago

This will be a solid decade for inflation.
Government debt will grow, it'll digitally print so much money our heads will spend.
It doesn't hurt to buy certain things while they are cheap. I'm no Doomaday prepper but there will always be future rainy days!

#814 4 years ago

Any chance curfews will be coming?

#815 4 years ago

The silver lining in all this is that when it's over, we'll start to think about how we can prioritize the health care system, prepare ourselves for other upcoming natural disasters, and start to value human life over money.

Then in a few short moments, we'll slip back to spending billions on tanks and bombs that assure mutual destruction, prioritizing the Dow Jones average over the ordinary Joe Average in Anytown USA, and raping the Planet for everything it's worth.

Praise JesusAllahBuddah that we've got Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk working on rockets to take the Ultra-Rich on a decades-long trip to Planet B.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Any chance curfews will be coming?

None. I would say it being as likely as national quarantines were to happen about 2 months ago.

#817 4 years ago

Declaration of 'National Emergency Declaration' likely tonight, with FEMA becoming heavily involved.
Hopefully they will handle it better than the Katrina aftermath...

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

The number of people is growing who are saying "cases are going DOWN in china, which is GROUND ZERO!" as if that matters, here, as good news when it comes to canceling things.

We are literally months behind China. So yes, maybe CHINA will be hosting pinball tournaments in June, but I don't see how that translates here.

People read the data how they want to, as shown by the people who keep proudly pointing to the "low" (and growing rapidly) number of cases here.

I could post some data showing the Earth is on a direct course for the sun and I guess people would hail it as good news if it fits with their general world view.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Declaration of 'National Emergency Declaration' likely tonight, with FEMA becoming heavily involved.
Hopefully they will handle it better than the Katrina aftermath...

The beforemath results are not promising.

#820 4 years ago

Italy just reported more deaths in a day than any other country has had in a single day.

#821 4 years ago

Heard an economist endorse my plan from last week: give everyone check for $1000 to stave off total financial collapse. He first agreed with my $1000 and said after what that speech did to the Dow, likely need more than $1000. It was not a pinside member, to be clear...actual economics expert.

#822 4 years ago

I went to Shop Rite yesterday and picked up a few things we needed and there was an end cap filled with the most toilet paper I had ever seen and the shelf in the paper aisle was completely full. I waited on line for a couple of minutes to pay and left. This was at 2 pm but by 5 pm it was all gone and up to hour long wait times to check out.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

. It was not a pinside member, to be clear...actual economics expert.

I only listen to Pinside economic experts like Iceman.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I only listen to Pinside economic experts like Iceman.

He is an expert and is no dummy.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I went to Shop Rite yesterday and picked up a few things we needed and there was an end cap filled with the most toilet paper I had ever seen and the shelf in the paper aisle was completely full. I waited on line for a couple of minutes to pay and left. This was at 2 pm but by 5 pm it was all gone and up to hour long wait times to check out.

The store I go to had a shrine to toilet paper last night (not giving out the name of the store for obvious reasons!). It was kind of beautiful and very strange.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The beforemath results are not promising.

The lackamath is a problem.

#827 4 years ago

The John Hopkins University data

B456C6FF-6E20-48AB-A145-3460663523ED (resized).pngB456C6FF-6E20-48AB-A145-3460663523ED (resized).png
#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

a coworker just told me almost the exact same story at her grocery store- she was there at 6am and a neighbor reported it was all gone by 3

#829 4 years ago

Still a bit skeptical if China is revealing actual data, guess we will see in the coming months

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

New research suggests symptoms do not show up for 5 days.

How contagious are you during those 5 days? That could be impossible to stop. Shut down, get inside and don’t answer the door! Yikes

Maybe good news:
People are thought to be most contagious when they become symptomatic because the virus is typically spread when someone coughs or sneezes, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

If we believe CDC, I want to...

#832 4 years ago

Colorado: 72 positive, Eight people are hospitalized due to the coronavirus, three of them are in critical condition

#833 4 years ago

Trump to declare National Emergency soon.

#834 4 years ago

Hard not to when most states already have. Better late than never! Zero chance he is not infected by the way.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hard not to when most states already have. Better late than never! Zero chance he is not infected by the way.

He's got it and either they bump him off and blame the virus or push the 25th on him.

#836 4 years ago

He’s like 80! Half the government is in the high risk group and aren’t following quarantine guidelines! Crazy

#837 4 years ago

You cant intimidate, ridicule, insult , lie, minimize or fire the corona virus away.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He’s like 80! Half the government is in the high risk group and aren’t following quarantine guidelines! Crazy

I'm really surprised that Trump and the Congress arent taking more precautions to protect themselves.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm really surprised that Trump and the Congress arent taking more precautions to protect themselves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/fhr3ff/nc_coronavirus_task_force_demonstrate_how_you/

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for the new word.

Vocabulary is great. For those who might not understand, I’ll define it in terms they might get...a very great, some say beautiful, fear of freightingly, bigly ...really, outstandingly affraidness, of uh really beautiful thing really, like big, great numbers, greater than 10 and uh 3. Thanks!

Oh yeah, really big time, bigly fake news

#841 4 years ago

Thats like that Dr who was licking her fingers on TV the other day. I'm surprised at the lack of self awareness by these people. Not one of them thought twice about touching that mic. This is exactly why I dont like buffets.
Besides, who needs an all you can eat meal?

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Vocabulary is great. For those who might not understand, I’ll define it in terms they might get...a very great, some say beautiful, fear of freightingly, bigly ...really, outstandingly affraidness, of uh really beautiful thing really, like big, great numbers, greater than 10 and uh 3. Thanks!
Oh yeah, really big time, bigly fake news

Isn’t America sick of this used car salesman schtick by now? It’s like living in an infomercial.

Everything is wonderful, big, fantastic, tremendous, tremendous, tremendous , amazing, frankly.

Enough already! My lord.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn’t America sick of this used car salesman schtick by now?

Will know in November.

You forgot beautiful, as in the tests are beautiful! LOL

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:Will know in November.

They were perfect, like the "transcript," and the "letter."

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Will know in November.

That depends on if there is an election in November as it also coincides with the start of flu season. They need to start working on making Nation-wide voting by mail a reality.

#846 4 years ago

For the love of Mike, buy an fing “word-a-day” calendar, learn something and stop the broken record. At least fake it...oh wait

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

For the love of Mike, buy an fing “word-a-day” calendar, learn something and stop the broken record. At least fake it...oh wait

That's his wife's job.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think nature is trying to help drain the swamp that is currently overflowing.

#849 4 years ago

I always feel like I'm watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High

"Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. “Isn’t this great?”

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I think nature is trying to help drain the swamp that is currently overflowing.

Unfortunately its going to take some good people along with it.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.