(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.
#602 4 years ago

"...as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!"

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL. So it wasn't a go into the office, look at the boss and scream "F'ck you the worlds ending, sh!t on his desk and I quit!" day?

No, I do smog tests. It's a one man deal. When the boss isn't here, I am. We get in and out of people's cars including a large percentage of Chinese all day with their fans blowing in our faces. Escrow closed on the property last week so neither of us will probably be here much longer anyway. The owner of the property was the bosses father in law who owned the entire center since the 70s. I applauded his timing of sale.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But where is all this panic of which you speak? I’m about 30 miles away from NY’s epicenter of Covid 19 outbreak....and there’s no panic. The media sources I rely on are providing informed, measured content.
Are you referring to the idiots fighting for toilet paper in big box stores? There’s some in every crowd. But the crowd doesn’t seem to be panicking.

Everyone buying toilet paper. I went to shop rite last night (not for toilet paper). All toilet paper was gone, all paper towels were gone, practically all the water was gone, half of the frozen meals were gone, I can't say anything about the chips/crackers/cereal, cause I didn't go down that aisle.

First, the virus doesn't cause diarrhea.

Second, not sure why all the paper towels are gone. If you need to wash hand towels, just use hot water & bleach.

Third, not quite sure why people bought so many frozen meals...what happens if electric goes out (I'm not suggesting it will).

Fourth, not sure why so many people are buying water, I'm only talking about here (I can't speak on other public water), cause the public water here tastes fine and is chlorinated.

As I said earlier, stay clean. My routine at the gym hasn't changed. Even in the summer when things aren't going around, I'm still washing down the cardio machines before I get on them. I even use the hand sanitizer after using a couple lifting machines. Reasons why I've always done that, cause so many people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom...which I find to be disgusting. And yes, my first 2 years in college, I struggled to use the bathrooms in the dorm...so many people were just disgusting in how they used the bathrooms.

#605 4 years ago

The interesting thing about this is, I don't see any of this around my area still. I was beginning to think THAT was the media spin. Taking pictures of empty warehouses saying everyone was buying everything up. I don't know anyone locally who's panicked. I may post like crazy about it, but I haven't done shit to prep. I know one sneeze near me is all it will take and no amount of prep short of a bio suit is going to prevent that.

#606 4 years ago

Looks like the Nascar race in Atlanta on Sunday will go on, the following week in Miami not so much.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

You understand the toilet paper? I can't.
Anyway, this whole thing hinges on the Hanks. If one of them dies so does society.

I think people are more so worried about certain things, like toilet paper, being out of stock for a while. Also, stocking up now means avoiding having to go to the stores as things get worse.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Everyone buying toilet paper. I went to shop rite last night (not for toilet paper). All toilet paper was gone, all paper towels were gone, practically all the water was gone, half of the frozen meals were gone, I can't say anything about the chips/crackers/cereal, cause I didn't go down that aisle.

I noticed big holes in the frozen vegetable isle too. Good, I don't eat those anyway. No Green Giant for me.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed big holes in the frozen vegetable isle too. Good, I don't eat those anyway. No Green Giant for me.

Fresh or nothing!

#610 4 years ago

Do you shop every other day? I buy a lot of frozen veggies when I stock up. Shit goes bad too fast otherwise. I'm not feeding an army...unless I know I'm eating it within a few days

#611 4 years ago

Blame Canada!
Canada's Trudeau self-isolates as wife is tested for coronavirus
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/canadas-trudeau-self-isolates-as-wife-is-tested-for-coronavirus/ar-BB116s1p?ocid=spartanntp

Link provided for Cottonm4

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you shop every other day?

I think I've got one more day. 4 or 5 cases of Pacificos, perhaps a few more and a few other odds and ends, and I can shut my gate and be done with the world for the next couple months.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like the Nascar race in Atlanta on Sunday will go on, the following week in Miami not so much.

Not a chance Sunday’s race happens.

Denial still running rampant. Acceptance for most by tomorrow.

#614 4 years ago

Will airports be halted?

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Denial still running rampant.

That's why I'm sitting here at work today waiting for nobody to come in. Three less people than yesterday.

No Fear = Nimblepin. Takes his four year old daughter to Disneyland in the rain.

#616 4 years ago

Wife “isolated” in our house, still with fever, Dr/Health Dept say no test.

Using up my pinball supply of 98% alcohol sanitizing the house.

#617 4 years ago

Costco was nutz. Sam's was a little less nutz. I'm completely nutz for going to both today. Sam's is still giving out food samples if you can believe that. Watched an old guy stand a foot from an employee's face talking directly at him. Old people and retail employees are going to be dropping like flies.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Sam's is still giving out food samples if you can believe that.

WTF!?

#619 4 years ago

Hmmm..Feds just bailed out the DOW? Says there is a turnaround...I don't see it.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Blame Canada!
Canada's Trudeau self-isolates as wife is tested for coronavirus

Our Grand Poo Bah can stay home with his wife. No one will notice the difference. Hope he doesn't try to collect Unemployment insurance while he and his family are in isolation.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Fourth, not sure why so many people are buying water, I'm only talking about here (I can't speak on other public water), cause the public water here tastes fine and is chlorinated.

What if someone throws a contaminate corpse into the water storage area??

#622 4 years ago

Like the movie cabin fever

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Like the movie cabin fever

PANCAKES!!!!!

#624 4 years ago

Great. My second customer of the day coughed right as he entered the office. I immediately said "are you sick? We don't want any sick people here" He said he was not. Then why the box of Kleenex on the passenger seat.

This is getting stupid. People are stupid. I must be stupid for being here.

#625 4 years ago
89436006_2657482777815417_2320324758467510272_n (resized).jpg89436006_2657482777815417_2320324758467510272_n (resized).jpg
#626 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then why the box of Kleenex on the passenger seat.

Masturbation obviously.

#627 4 years ago

So are international packages from Europe banned?

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Masturbation obviously.

As he payed his bill, I could see he was not sick, but this is still getting stupider by the minute.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

No. Someone misspoke about that and really, I mean really spooked the markets.

#630 4 years ago

Let's play a little game. Can you name that celebrity?

71739385dd72477dbaf48fa99b7f6e04_xl (resized).jpg71739385dd72477dbaf48fa99b7f6e04_xl (resized).jpg
#631 4 years ago

Looks like Jar Jar Binks under there.

#633 4 years ago

Just heard the president say that domestic travel restrictions might be next.

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/news/2020-03-12-coronavirus-updates-pandemic-us-confirmed-cases-covid19

It’s from The Weather Channel, so might be more media hype.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Slow boat.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can you name that celebrity?

That Bieber kid?

#636 4 years ago

I'll give you guys a hint.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#637 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's play a little game. Can you name that celebrity?[quoted image]

Joaquin Phoenix?

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nobody knows.

These idiots are completely making this up as they go along and nobody can trust anything being said.

#639 4 years ago

Last night he said flights and cargo (there was a 'correction' that cargo was included in this). I don't know if something else changed since then.

#640 4 years ago

Oooooh...Randolph Mantooth.

#641 4 years ago

Ja boy Howie not catching shit...

#642 4 years ago

The US has now tested 11,000 people. That is equal to the amount S. Korea is testing per day.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These idiots are completely making this up as they go along and nobody can trust anything being said.

That hostage video last night didn’t convince you?!

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody knows.

Has been going on for years actually. Maybe now there will be retribution.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's play a little game. Can you name that celebrity?[quoted image]

Come on O-din you made me log back in. That is Mike Rowe.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The US has now tested 11,000 people. That is equal to the amount S. Korea is testing per day.

I’m confused, I heard Mr. Pence say that anybody that wants one can get one...said that days ago so you’re obviously wrong.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Mr. Pence say that anybody that wants one can get one...said that days ago so you’re obviously wrong.

Here's what you get if you test positive. No thanks.

imrs (resized).jpgimrs (resized).jpg
#648 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's what you get if you test positive. No thanks.[quoted image]

No, thats what youll get if youre one of the lucky ones that gets sick and gets treatment before the tsunami of patients arrive. Otherwise you'll be dying alone in a waiting room or at home. We have no clue whats out there because they haven't been testing, but we'll all soon have front row seats to this shit show.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Can I still fly to Korea?

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Can I still fly to Korea?

That’s what I was thinking when I heard Hanks got a test in Australia...might be quicker to fly there and get in line.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/13?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.