(Topic ID: 263287)

COVID-19 Members Club, Come in but keep your distance!

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,313 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A6145D1-AD21-472F-ABC2-1CDDD8A01C62 (resized).jpeg
flu2 (resized).JPG
flu1 (resized).JPG
755qpRM (resized).png
gen_x_memes_5 (resized).png
gen-x-millennials (resized).png
0D6E4FDD-A256-47B9-9BD1-C9256FA8A2A6.gif
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 5.51.26 PM (resized).png
image001_583251153435365 (resized).png
5be9412ba6d6a3b6e74fde95da206f403434b2e312118dc657a72efd40641174 (resized).jpg
957BCA7B-108A-4FAD-A5A6-AFA90D051F90 (resized).jpeg
AB0B25A7-49CF-41CE-B200-8CC45E6927E8 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
7EDDF865-6E2F-4163-AF7F-5036978F985B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0161 (resized).PNG
DSCN6702 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 47.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got an email from my insurance company this morning (I own a business). In it, it states a way to test yourself to see if you have it. They wrote that when you hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, if there's no coughing, stiffness, discomfort or tightness, then your clear of the virus. If you experience any of these, but don't show the signs of having the virus, then you've just come down with it (or some other respiratory illness). The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.
Now to the complaint department about the selfishness and stupidity of people.
First, next town over, a 27 year old man who still lives at home catches the virus. What does the family do? They don't self quarantine, they decide to keep going out in public. A high schooler in the family caught it, the high school was shut for 2 days to disinfect the place, now the school is closed for internet learning (I forget the exact words they used).
https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-in-ny-passenger-on-jetblue-flight-from-jfk-tests-positive/
Seriously???? This asshole knows he has the virus and gets on the plane anyway?!?!?! How stupid and selfish can one be?? You and your wife stay home for 14 days. For argument sake, let's say this guy just had the flu and still flown...how stupid and selfish can one be??
Last night at my gym, I asked why aren't there workers wiping down the machines? Was told they only hire them for a few hours a day. Really??? Then, I'm watching other people use treadmills, bikes, stairclimbers, etc and they aren't wiping it down!!! Seriously??? For full disclosure, when I'm at the gym, I put my towel down on everything and before I use a cardio machine, I always wash it down before using it and after using it. The first gym I ever went to, if you didn't do that, they revoked your membership...guess you can say they taught me well. But seriously, a little common sense will help make this virus go away faster.
Now, for the "finally, someone has a brain department". Someone in a neighboring town came down with the virus. The whole family is doing a 14 day self quarantine because they don't want to spread it to others.

2 days ago you thought we were idiots and this was nothing...

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

THE MEDIA THE MEDIA!!!

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Anyone hear from Ice lately?[quoted image]

Last I heard, he was out licking news reporters microphones to prove everything is okay.

#554 4 years ago

Anyone hear from Ice lately?[quoted image]

Ice?

ice (resized).PNGice (resized).PNG

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

keep-calm-you-are-one-of-us-now (resized).pngkeep-calm-you-are-one-of-us-now (resized).png
#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Trying to track a disease is like trying to predict the weather.[quoted image]

No, not even close! It's More like Trying to track a disease without tests is like trying to track a storm without radar. You see, there are actually these things called tools, and theyre used by these people called scientist. Believe it or not, the scientist can monitor these sorts of things if we let them. It's called science! Unfortunately you actually have to use these things for them to work.

#557 4 years ago

Instead of stopping sporting events, why can’t they just do the forehead temperature check like they have been screening people in China?

1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%

US population 325M
Multiplied by the China Death %
74,051 deaths in US

28039BEB-5AE2-4A5B-AAAF-9988EB4397DF (resized).jpeg28039BEB-5AE2-4A5B-AAAF-9988EB4397DF (resized).jpeg651E8FAE-3B88-4FE6-81CE-95CFAAEE4BC2 (resized).jpeg651E8FAE-3B88-4FE6-81CE-95CFAAEE4BC2 (resized).jpeg
#558 4 years ago

Instead of stopping sporting events, why can’t they just do the forehead temperature check like they have been screening people in China?
1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M
74,051 deaths in US[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you for real? They don't do that Because it doesn't work! The main issue with this disease from the start has been the spread of the virus by people without symptoms.

#559 4 years ago

1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M

I think one issue is, China got in front of this very quickly, and it was concentrated for the most part. The rest of the world? Not so much. The scary reality is, that just because you tested...then what? Unless you are willing to lock yourself in a room for 2-3 weeks...it really means nothing. People are headstrong, and as we see even in this community, if it doesn't affect you personally, most can give a damn. It's human nature.

#560 4 years ago

1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M

You can by asymptomatic but contagious for 10 days. Nobody was planning on going to Pirates games this year anyway, and I am a lifelong fan.

#561 4 years ago

1.386B people in China
3,158 deaths
0.0002278%
US population 325M
74,051 deaths in US

Your decimal point is in the wrong place. 325,000,000 * 0.0002278%/100 = 740.35

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I never said it was nothing.

I said the media was creating a panic when one wasn’t necessary.

Again, what is with people who feel the need to twist my words? If it makes you feel better, just be honest about it.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it necessary yet? Panic is never good, but serious concern seems prudent. Ramp up testing, ramp up testing, ramp up testing. It will spread more if people are unaware they have it

#564 4 years ago

So a localized population quarantines itself for a month until the number of new cases drops down to zero.

As soon as that population returns to it's daily practices of normal human interaction, what prevents the virus from re-infecting everyone all over again?

I'm not even talking about mutations, I'm talking about the original strain which people hid from until they looked out their peep holes and assumed it was gone?

Do you assume that the virus is completely eradicated from your specific population, and that you can keep out all outsiders who might be carrying the virus until it's eradicated worldwide?

Unless a significant number in your population receive a vaccine, or have already come into contact with the virus and their own bodies have immunized them against it, you're just as at-risk as you were before the quarantine?

Seems like we're in this for the long haul...

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Again, what is with people who feel the need to twist my words? If it makes you feel better, just be honest about it.

I mean, I can post what you said if you'd like, and yes, not disputing you blamed the media. However, you did indeed say this was 'not a spreadable virus' and it was 'media induced hysteria'. Anyway, I'm not here to gloat, just found you flailing about what others were doing interesting considering your posts a few days ago. Consider them people who still also think this is just media induced hysteria and overblown, and maybe you'll see the parallel.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The moment China quarantined milllions of people should have been all it took for the world to realize this isn't media hype.

#567 4 years ago

So a localized population quarantines itself for a month until the number of new cases drops down to zero.
As soon as that population returns to it's daily practices of normal human interaction, what prevents the virus from re-infecting everyone all over again?
I'm not even talking about mutations, I'm talking about the original strain which people hid from until they looked out their peep holes and assumed it was gone?
Do you assume that the virus is completely eradicated from your specific population, and that you can keep out all outsiders who might be carrying the virus until it's eradicated worldwide?
Unless a significant number in your population receive a vaccine, or have already come into contact with the virus and their own bodies have immunized them against it, you're just as at-risk as you were before the quarantine?
Seems like we're in this for the long haul...

The idea is not to flood the hospitals. More people will be saved if we can mitigate the numbers. Large amounts of infections is inevitable, but you want to keep the rate of infection slow and steady. Otherwise our cities will look like Wuhan or Milan where people are reportedly dying in waiting rooms because there's not enough beds or ventilators.
Hopefully we can slow it down enough until there's a vaccine or at least some sort of antiviral medicine to tame down the worst of the symptoms.

#568 4 years ago

Posted on pinside a week ago:

“When is that scheduled for NBA games in the US, did i miss the announcement?
How about the upcoming NCAA tournament? No fans? LOL”

Lots of stuff not aging well. Both are likely cancelled outright. Crazy.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Your decimal point is in the wrong place. 325,000,000 * 0.0002278%/100 = 740.35

Thank you...I was distracted after walking into my bathroom and seeing this:

3D50BFFE-2EC2-404E-9667-073A5C74877F (resized).jpeg3D50BFFE-2EC2-404E-9667-073A5C74877F (resized).jpeg
#570 4 years ago

Thank you...I was distracted after walking into my bathroom and seeing this:[quoted image]

That needs to be a meme.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ice?
[quoted image]

Now that is freaking funny.

Ice is OK, and acting normally. He’s been witnessed multiple times over the past 24 hours draining threads and calling people idiots.

#572 4 years ago

Thank you...I was distracted after walking into my bathroom and seeing this:

That's some serious shit right there!
Time to find a box of Kleenex.

#573 4 years ago

Wonder why this hasn’t been declared a national emergency. What was the last thing we declared a national emergency over?

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got an email from my insurance company this morning (I own a business). In it, it states a way to test yourself to see if you have it. They wrote that when you hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, if there's no coughing, stiffness, discomfort or tightness, then your clear of the virus.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The other thing they wrote, is to constantly drink water. They said by constantly drinking water, if the virus is in your mouth, you'll wash it down to the stomach where it will get killed.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thanks for the info!!!
Saw the email, so I figured I share it. (wasn't a health insurance company)

Well, what kind of insurance company was it? Was this your car insurance company?

Why did you not research it before you brought it here and spread rumors? Why did it take someone else to call it for the hoax it is? Couldn't you have at least vetted it and not have posted it?

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

But where is all this panic of which you speak? I’m about 30 miles away from NY’s epicenter of Covid 19 outbreak....and there’s no panic. The media sources I rely on are providing informed, measured content.

Are you referring to the idiots fighting for toilet paper in big box stores? There’s some in every crowd. But the crowd doesn’t seem to be panicking.

#576 4 years ago

If u want some coronavirus, join us at costco. Flipping insane. But they do have baby wipes and beer.

#577 4 years ago

Hey all,

Do you think my friends husband sisters nephews little league game on saturday will be cancelled because of covid? Should I start my own thread and poll for this???

#578 4 years ago

Stern Pro Circuit Championships cancelled due to Coronavirus..

#579 4 years ago

It's time to stay home and play pinball folks! I'm ready lol.

20200312_081913 (resized).jpg20200312_081913 (resized).jpg

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey all,
Do you think my friends husband sisters nephews little league game on saturday will be cancelled because of covid? Should I start my own thread and poll for this???

Good one.

#582 4 years ago

Major League soccer just canceled for 30 days. Does anybody actually go to MLS games?

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wonder why this hasn’t been declared a national emergency. What was the last thing we declared a national emergency over?

Something something Nov 2016...

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What was the last thing we declared a national emergency over?

Was it the scary migrant caravan of rapists and murderers that was heading toward us that magically disappeared after the midterm elections?

#585 4 years ago

This is a shorter version of the Joe Rogan podcast posted earlier with guest Michael Osterholm [1]:

[1] http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/about-us/cidrap-staff/michael-t-osterholm-phd-mph

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey all,

Yes. In fact I’d like to make an appeal to Robin. May we PLEASE have a moratorium on all non Covid 19 related threads, so that we can all direct our undivided attention to these Covid threads?

#587 4 years ago

I just got a text, no outside visitors allowed in our retirement community.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

I just got a text, no outside visitors allowed in our retirement community.

Address?

I would like to sue for discrimination..

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In fact I’d like to make an appeal to Robin. May we PLEASE have a moratorium on all non Covid 19 related threads, so that we can all direct our undivided attention to these Covid threads?

+1, all us armchair QB's that stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night can solve it!

#590 4 years ago
kj0ghbjbl8m41 (resized).jpgkj0ghbjbl8m41 (resized).jpg
#591 4 years ago

LMAO...funny cause it's true.

#592 4 years ago

Had a couple close calls after work last night. Went to the mini credit union in the super market to pull out some cash and some litlle old lady who obviously didn't get the memo came walking in hacking and blowing her nose into a snotty rag. I said to myself "don't get in line behind me" which she did not.

Then the teller let out a cough as I walked up and I said "are you OK?". Then he proceded to very eficiently take care of my banking needs. As a parting gift he coughed right in my face as we completed the transaction. Then I went home and had a nice BBQ and killed it all with Jack Daniels. I feel great this morning.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Had a couple close calls after work last night. Went to the mini credit union in the super market to pull out some cash and some litlle old lady who obviously didn't get the memo came walking in hacking and blowing her nose into a snotty rag. I said to myself "don't get in line behind me" which she did not.
Then the teller let out a cough as I walked up and I said "are you OK?". Then he proceded to very eficiently take care of my banking needs. As a parting gift he coughed right in my face as we completed the transaction. Then I went home and had a nice BBQ and killed it all with Jack Daniels. I feel great this morning.

That's it I'm carrying an aerosol can and lighter with me everywhere.

#594 4 years ago

B10 tournament done, NBA done, NCAA likely done, colleges going to online learning, schools cancelling events and sports seasons, somehow pinball tournaments think they are immune.....

Is it time to have a little educated panic? Not screaming in the streets but serious concern type panic.

Look back 1 week. I said back then to naysayers, just wait a month and talk shit...I was wrong!

#595 4 years ago

I can understand stocking up on food, medicine and toilet paper, but water seems a bit much?

Are we expecting the tap water to stop running? This isn't a hurricane or an earthquake.

What about gas and electricity then?

We're going to be pretty bored sitting inside our houses without technology to keep us amused.

Read books by candle-light? I have a fat stack of books I've been meaning to get around to...

#596 4 years ago

I can understand stocking up on food, medicine and toilet paper, but water seems a bit much?
Are we expecting the tap water to stop running?
What then about gas and electricity?
We're going to be pretty bored sitting inside our houses without technology to keep us amused.
Read books by candle-light?

You understand the toilet paper? I can't.

Anyway, this whole thing hinges on the Hanks. If one of them dies so does society.

#597 4 years ago

When I was in the middle of my drinking, I went into my bedroom and turned off the alarm clock and said "fk it, this world's done, no reason to go into work". Then I woke up at 6 AM and said "what else am I going to do today?" so here I am.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

You understand the toilet paper? I can't.
Anyway, this whole thing hinges on the Hanks. If one of them dies so does society.

He won't die, he survived AIDS and being stranded on a deserted island. He's like the Tom Cruise of threats.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's it I'm carrying an aerosol can and lighter with me everywhere.

I finally have a practical use for my Boring "Not a Flamethrower."

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I was in the middle of my drinking, I went into my bedroom and turned off the alarm clock and said "fk it, this world's done, no reason to go into work". Then I woke up at 6 AM and said "what else am I going to do today?" so here I am.

LOL. So it wasn't a go into the office, look at the boss and scream "F'ck you the worlds ending, sh!t on his desk and I quit!" day?

There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 47.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/covid-19-members-club-come-in-but-keep-your-distance/page/12?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.